- Over 5 + years experience in the IT industry in planning, analysis, design, implementation, testing and maintenance of SQL SERVER & SQL Server Business Intelligence Tools - SSIS, SSAS, SSRS, and Power BI in domains such as Finance & Retail.
- Experience in Data Extraction, Transforming and Loading (ETL) using various tools such as SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS), Log Shipping, Bulk Insert and BCP
- Experience in providing Logging, Error handling by using Event Handler, and Custom Logging for SSIS Packages and experienced in dynamic integration packages weather deploying with configuration catalog or file type configuring in SSIS 2012
- Experience in integration of data from different sources like SQL Server, Oracle, DB2, Excel and Flat Files into Enterprise Data Warehouse (EDW)
- Experience in Performance Tuning in SSIS packages by using Row Transformations, Block and Unblock Transformations
- Creating OLAP cubes, identifying dimensions, attributes, hierarchies and calculating measures and dimension members in SQL Server Analysis Services (SSAS) in both Multidimensional and Tabular Versions
- Experience in developing Custom Reports and different types of Tabular Reports, Matrix Reports, Ad hoc reports and distributed reports in multiple formats using SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS) in Business intelligence development studio.
- Experience in designing and developing Drill through and Drill down reports using MS SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS)
- Extensive experience on Business analysis and Enterprise reporting solutions delivery using SSRS, Power BI and Crystal reports.
- Created and maintained numerous Crystal Reports including financial and operational Reports.
- Highly proficient in use of T-SQL for developing complex stored procedures, indexed views triggers, tables, user functions, user profiles, relational database models and data integrity, SQL joins and query writing
- Worked on various tasks and transformations like Execute SQL Task, conditional split, Script Component, FTP Task, Script Task and Lookup while loading the data into Destination
- Excellent interpersonal skills and communication skills and ready to take challenges with proven ability
- Business analysis skills such as: Gathering requirements, Elicitation, building process flow diagrams, Writing Pseudo codes, objected oriented code, developing use cases, building prototypes, Documenting BRD, Creating Use cases and project documentation.
Databases Tools: SQL Enterprise Manager, Query Analyzer, SQL Server Management Studio, Business Intelligence Development Studio, SQL Profiler, SQL Server Reporting Services. SQL Server Integration Services, SQL Server Analysis Service (SSAS), TOAD
ETL Tool: SQL Server Integration Service (SSIS)
Reporting Tool: SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS), Crystal Reports, Power BI.
Programming: SQL, T-SQL,vb.net.
Operating Systems: Windows Server 2012, Windows 2008 R2, Advanced Server, Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7, UNIX
Other Tools: MS Office Suite (Microsoft Word, Power Point, MS Visio), ERWIN, Team Foundation Server (TFS), GIT, JIRA
- Effective use of Agile development process using Scrum Methodologies by daily stand-up meeting, maintain the project dashboard using TFS
- Worked with Project Manager and IT Analyst to understand business rules and to discuss gap analysis
- Created SSIS Packages using Pivot Transformation, Lookup, Derived Columns, Condition Split, Term extraction, Aggregate, Execute SQL Task, Data Flow Task, and Execute Package Task etc.
- Extensively worked on Setting up the Send Mail task on Start, Complete, and Failure of .dtsx package that includes writing the logic to show up the results in the email to quickly verify the cause of the failure in SSIS
- Designed and executed packages which include direction of data flow, Column Mapping, Data dictionary and Metadata Flat file source and Flat file destination, OLEDB Source and OLEDB Destination using SSIS
- To generate underlying data for the reports and to export cleaned data from Excel Spreadsheets, Text file, MS Access and CSV files to data warehouse/OLTP DB
- Involved in designing, developing, debugging and testing of reports in SQL Server Reporting Service
- Created Parameterized reports and Linked reports with thorough knowledge of report serving architecture (Table, chart and matrix report) by using SSRS.
- Developed drill down and drill through reports
- Created following dashboard reports using Power BI Desktop for stakeholders as per business requirements:
- Sales analysis report.
- Customer satisfaction data report.
- Sales performance, MRR.
- Claim trends, Claim Loss & Claim Handling report.
- Underwriting analysis report.
- Designing and Deployment of Reports for the End User requests using Web Interface & SSRS.
Environment: MS SQL Server 2014, SSIS, SSRS, T SQL, Visual Studio 2014, Windows Server 2012, C#, JIRA.
- Extracting and Loading data into SQL Server Database using SSIS
- Extensively involved in designing the SSIS packages to export data from flat file source to SQL Server database
- Modified, organized, and reloaded legacy data to new tables. Also work on partitioning tables to improve database objects' efficiency
- Worked on Requirements Elicitation, Gap Analysis, Requirements Documentation
- Created ETL packages (.dtsx files) to validate, extract, transform and load data to Data warehouse databases, data mart databases, and process SSAS cubes to store data to OLAP databases
- Involved in calculating measures and dimension members using multidimensional expression (MDX), mathematical formulas, and user-defined functions
- Performed Unit Testing, managed and monitored system utilization, designed stored procedures and triggers
- Creating and importing source/target tables from respective databases
- Modify Reports content and export Reports in multiple formats (Excel, .CSV, tab separated, .PDF, .RPT etc) based on user input
- Scheduling daily, weekly, monthly Reports in Crystal Enterprise to run at a particular time
- Generated matrix reports, drill down, drill through, sub reports, chart reports, multi parameterized reports
- Developed reports and deployed them on server using SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS)
- Create parameterized Reports using Charts, Cross-Tab and Sub-report types.
Environment: MS SQL Server 2008 R2/2012, SSIS, SSRS, SSAS, Crystal Reports, MS Access, Windows Server 2008, Query Analyzer.
- SQL queries using joins, sub queries and correlated sub queries to retrieve data from the database.
- Identified, tested, and resolved database performance issues (monitoring and tuning) to ensure database optimization.
- Building OLTP systems designed by developing entity-relationship diagrams (ERD).
- Created/Updated database objects like tables, views, stored procedures, function, packages.
- Created views to facilitate easy user interface implementation, and triggers on them to facilitate consistent data entry into the database
- Implemented complex business requirement in backend using efficient stored procedures and flexible functions, and facilitated easy implementation to the front-end application
- Used SQL Server Profiler to trace the slow running queries and the server activity.
- Helped create process logging and new monitoring tools, integrity reports, and mapping tools.
- Generated Drill down, Drill through, Matrix Reports, parameterized reports usingSSRS.
- Generating reports using SSRS such as:
- Inventory on hand, Inventory forecasting.
- Product performance, Product category and subcategory.
- Sales summary and sales report per product.
- Procurement cost report.
- Involved in table and index partitioning for performance and manageability.
- Monitored the overall performance of the database to recommend and initiate actions to improve/optimize Performance.
Environment: MS SQL Server 2012, SSIS,SSRS, SSAS, Visual Studio 2014, Erwin 9.0, Windows NT 3.5 Server, Microsoft, C#, ASP.NET, XML.
- Designed and developed different types of reports including Tabular forms, Matrix (cross Tab report) form, Conditional, List items, Charts and Sub reports, custom report, Drill down reports usingSSRS.
- Worked directly with the business users for report development for monthly, weekly and for adhoc reports inSSRS.
- Generated periodic reports based on the statistical analysis of the data from various time frame and division using SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS)
- Created reports utilizingSSRS, Excel services, Power BI and deployed them on SharePoint Server as per business requirements.
- Generated and formatted reports using global variable, Expressions and functions designed and implemented stylish report layouts.
- Authored performance-based reports for the managers to show product sales against various measures like Time, Area, and Price-Range.
Environment: SQL Server 2012/2008 R2, SSIS, SSRS, Visual Studio.