Experience: Senior Data Analyst
- Analyzed and profiled data in a BIG Data Hadoop/Hive environment with tables containing more than billion rows.
- Wrote Adhoc queries/reports using Hive and Impala that customers requested on demand.
- Designed, developed and maintained data load on pivoted tables to efficiently source for various reports.
Senior PL/SQL Developer
- Adhered to Agile SCRUM software development methodology with short Sprints, which improved team productivity, transparency and customer involvement.
- Gathered requirements, designed and developed custom ETL process to migrate data to Oracle database.
- Designed, developed and maintained the data layer in PL/SQL code for a large and complex Army project.
- Key resource for troubleshooting anomalies and designing solutions for the data layer of the complex .Net Windows application.
- Responsible for meeting with customers to gather requirements related to data needs for the project.
- Prepared bi-weekly database build scripts and instructions and worked with DBA team to deploy the builds.
Senior PL/SQL Developer
- Involved with the complete Software Development life cycle based on the CMMi methodology for three major applications.
- Designed, developed and documented the PL/SQL code for those three applications in compliance with Department of State standards.
- Wrote PL/SQL APIs to provide data to the Reporting application that reports on high-availability messaging application.
- Performed DBA related tasks including restoring databases, administering users, schemas and tablespaces in development environment.
- Complied with all the security requirements mandated by Department of State for the development of Oracle database code.
- Production support of mission-critical application which had a SLA requirement of 24/7 up-time.
Senior Oracle DBA/Developer
- Administered multiple Oracle10g databases on the application side, which included creating/maintaining all database objects, logical database design and creating physical database objects.
- Data migration using advanced PL/SQL techniques such as BULK collecting data, using collections, and BULK loading. The data migration involved very large database with complex conversion logic.
- Performance tuning SQL, data retrieval, processing and loading.
- Supported multiple applications using change-management process and rotational on-call support.
Senior Database Developer/DBA
- Installed Oracle10g/9i DB server, created databases, schemas, designed databases, populated schemas, assigned security, used SQL LOADER and performed backup and recovery, in an academic environment.
- Performed Oracle DBA tasks focused mainly on administrative end, which included creating schemas, users, profiles, roles and assigning roles to users etc.
- Lead-developer for a Clinical trial client/server system wrote advanced backend oracle objects stored procedure, functions, packages, triggers using dynamic SQL and data-access through REF CURSOR.
- Wrote advanced PL/SQL procedures, which included creating dynamically a whole schema and its objects tables, stored procedures, triggers, public synonyms and other DDL and DML statements through a stored procedure using dynamic SQL.
- Lead a project in all the technical aspects to develop a Contact Lens Information System using Visual Basic 6 as a front end and Oracle 8/i as back end. The system included reports developed in Crystal Reports.
- Wrote the entire PL/SQL code for this project Stored Procedures, Functions, Triggers, PL/SQL Blocks .
- Got involved in the logical and physical database design.
- Involved in all the steps of the full development life cycle of Software Development including the 3-Tier design and development architecture.
- Installed/maintained Server Client Oracle 8/7.3/7.1, SQL Net and created databases and instances.
- Migrated data using Oracle Import/Export utilities.
- Wrote stored procedures and functions PL/SQL in conjunction with a Telephone billing company.
- Maintained and added functionality in a Client/Server Point-Of-Sale system Oracle 7.1 as a back end on NT server and MS Fox Pro as a front end.
- Developed a Three-Tier application for Quality Control System using Visual Basic 4.0.
- Modified the Client/Server Point-Of-Sale system to work in a WinFrame environment.
- Technical support via telephone regarding the Client/Server Point-Of-Sale system.
- Hands-on experience developing software in a Client/Server environment Oracle 7 as a back end on Sun Server and MS Access as a front end on PC.
- Installed TCP/IP Applications, SQL Net, ODBC Drivers on users PC and solved any network connectivity problems/issues that arose.
- Developed a Xerox Problem Management Reporting System for the program in MS-ACCESS 2.0, which comprised of reports like Management by Fact MBF used by executives.
- Acquired a basic knowledge of Database Design, Oracle 7, Windows 95
- Computer Languages PL/SQL, VB.NET, VB 6, JAVA, C , VBScript, VBA, C , BASIC, Pascal, COBOL Skills: Databases BIG Data Hadoop/Hive , Oracle O RDMBS 11g/10g/9i/8i/8/7.3/7.1, MS SQL Server,
- Access, FoxPro
- Operating Systems - Windows XP/2K/NT/98/95/3.11, UNIX, Linux, Citrix, DOS
- Application software PL/SQL Developer, DBArtisan, ER-Studio, SQL PLUS, TOAD, SQL Developer, SQL Loader, CVS, PVCS, VSS, MS-TFS, MS-SharePoint