- Seeking a position in Support and Business Application Development in the Mainframe
- area to produce timely and innovative business solutions using current methodologies.
- Seventeen years experience as an Information Technology professional
- Providing COBOL, JCL development and support in an online and batch environment
- Brain-bench Certified Professional in VS COBOL II
- More than 10 years of experience manipulating and creating Flat/VSAM files using TSO/ISPF
- Ten years experience with MS Office in a professional environment
- Experience with all phases of the Project's Life Cycle Methodology
- Experienced in various industries, namely Insurance, Telecommunications, Defense, Health Care, Retail, Financial and Distribution
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Recipient of various company internal awards and nominated for 'Associate of Month' multiple times.
- Hardware: Large IBM Mainframe Infrastructures, ES9000, 3090, 4341, Unix Servers IBM AIX RISC 6000 , Unisys Mainframe, A-4 Series, Dec Vax 8530, Dec 1091, 2020, 2060, PCs and Windows Severs.
- Software: IBM MVS, Z/OS, CICS, IMS-DB, DB2 QMF/SPUFI STORED PROCEDURES , TERADATA V13.10, ENDEVOR, SQL, VSAM, JCL, JES2, TSO/ISPF/NDM/FTP, XPEDITER, EASYTRIEVE, File Aid/INSYNC, SYNCSORT, DMS II, CA-DATACOM/DB, EDI, DATAQUERY, CA-7, CONDOR, ROSCOE, DATA REPORTER, QUICKJOB, UNIX Scripting, Functions, Commands, ORACLE, MS OFFICE SUITE, IBM's Lotus Notes, Same time, MS Outlook, IM and MS-DOS.
- Languages: COBOL, VS COBOL II Brain-bench Certified , ACUCOBOL-85, CA-IDEAL, PL/SQL, SQL Developer, Query-man, IBM Data Stage ETL Director, Designer .
- Lead and participated in new application development and enhancement of existing applications, while adhering to all phases of the development lifecycle SDLC and guidelines for procedures and policies.
- Responsibilities included technical design, analyzing requirements, writing program specifications, coding, unit testing, system testing, integration/regression testing, user acceptance testing, code review, Walk-through, implementation and System Documentation.
- Attended to opportunities that arise when the cross-platform Datastage jobs gets fired up from the mainframe MVS/JCL batch cycle.
- Made parameter, program and JCL changes for DC Conversion for the Replenishment System.
- Worked extensively with TERADATA, downloading the updated INFOREM Policies to extract Legal Reports from the Teradata tables.
- Also responsible for 24/7 Production On-Call Support to ensure SLA s are met for the Replenishment System. Coordinated with Off-shore team and attended to management assigned ad-hoc tasks.
- Experience in using Service Management Tool like Remedy-7. Knowledgeable with ITIL processes Incident, Problem, Change Management .
- Environment: VS COBOL II, CICS, JCL, DB2/SQL, IMS-DB, File-Aid, ENDEVOR, Xpediter,
- Platinum tool SPUFI QMF , FTP, TSO/ISPF on IBM Mainframe with MVS/ESA,
- Z/OS platform, VSAM, TERADATA/Query man, SQL Developer, POWER, IBM Data,
- Stage Director, Designer .
- Participated as a team-member dedicated to support the main GENESYS Insurance application.
- Heavily involved with the conversion effort to bring data into the GENESYS system after the acquisition of the AIG division.
- Supported the software that provided protection products like Accidental Death, Mortgage Life, AD Disability, Whole Life, Term Life, Credit Life, Supplemental Health and Retiree Medical.
- Performed duties in a 24/7 On-Call rotation environment supporting the nightly production cycle.
- In addition to on-going maintenance and support, researched and evaluated alternative solutions and made recommendations.
- Familiar with and can effectively use most of the mainframe diagnostic tools and utility programs like IEBGENR, IEBPTPCH, IEFBR14, IDCAMS.
Environment: VS COBOL II, CICS, IMS, DB2, SQL, VSAM, MVS/TSO/ISPF/JCL and ENDEVOR
Senior Mainframe Developer
- Responsible for the smooth functioning of Verizon's Secured Integrated Gateway System SIGS .
- Participated via Net-meeting, Bridge IOBI in drawing documents like SRGD System Requirements and General Design , DLD Detail Level Design .
- Programming and technical duties in support of VZ's West implementation for Local Wholesale SIGS Ordering functionality in conjunction with Wholesale/Program One. Ran Spufis in DB2 tables.
- Monitor data flow job scheduling to SIGS from mainframe applications like NOCV National Order Collection Vehicle , CBSS Customer Billing Services System and transmitted NDM'd to other company sites.
- Other duties included analyzing problems, enhancement requests, design, code, test and 24/7 Customer Support. Also performed code drops to Configuration Management CM group using MVS tool Endevor .
Environment: VS COBOL II, CICS, DB2, SQL, VSAM, MVS/JCL/BATCH, and EASYTRIEVE
Senior IS Technologist I
- Participated as a team member to develop, maintain and support the Document Control and Release System DCARS and Manufacturing Control Information System MCIS .
- Also, responsible for the conversion of Manufacturing and Bidding System MBS from COBOL to VS COBOL II. Lead a team of 2 Analyst/Programmer on the project. Hands-on Project's Life Cycle experience.
- Assisted in the transition of mainframe application to an Oracle DB 8i platform.
- Monitored the nightly flow and integrity of the data coming out of DCARS, which interfaces with Deltek's Costpoint Oracle based Client Server internet network environment .
- Caters to on-demand requests from users to run JCL jobs and electronically transmit FTP customized ad-hoc reports and web-based files.
- Heavily involved in developing and supporting independent software modules and in testing unit, system, regression and user acceptance .
Environment: VS COBOL II, CICS, DB2, SQL, VSAM, MVS/JCL, CA-DATACOM-DB CA-IDEAL
Senior Programmer Analyst
- Work-Site: Raytheon Systems Company/L3 Communications Link Simulation Training Services . Performed multiple tasks in facilitating the merger of SD G with Financial Management System FMS . This conversion was designed to separate Training and Services data from SD G and move it to the Financial Management System FMS for proper accounting purposes using database as the primary data repository.
- Shared responsibility as a team member to support and modify several legacy application systems FMS, DCARS MCIS .
- Participated in Raytheon's Repricing Project to comply with RSC's cost accounting practices.
- Other duties included in the past were making the programs Y2K compliant using the VS COBOL II, Y2K tools and mainframe utilities.
Environment:VS COBOL II, CICS, DB2, SQL, VSAM, MVS/JCL, CA-DATACOM-DB CA-IDEAL
Programmer Analyst II
- Worked on MCM Medical Cost Management team dedicated to provide software Support to Travellers and The Hartford Insurance Companies.
- Responsibilities included analysis, development and maintenance of the software in a CICS/Batch environment using relational database file storage.
- All aspects of Workers Compensation Medical Invoice processing were handled.
- Also, worked on the EDGE team EMLICO Disability for General Electric .
- Participated in the analysis, development and maintenance of 'Forecast Generation System' to do on-line searches of forecast files and generate Payable Checks for disability.
- Maintains Electronic Publishing Software Applications DocuMerge - product of Image Sciences, Inc. , which interfaces with Xerox Laser Printers and Document Imaging Systems.
- Participated in several continuing education classes dedicated to topics such as TSO,
- ISPF, JCL, CICS, Systems Life Cycle Methodology and other industry related topics.
Environment: COBOL II, CICS, CA-DATACOM-DB CA-IDEAL.
- Responsibilities included Project Planning, System Design, Development, Documentation,
- Implementation, User Training and Technical Hotline Support.
- Project Leader for the re-design of Purchase Order and Order Entry System.
- Participated as Team-Leader in supporting several Systems including Order Entry, Accounts
- Receivable, Accounts Payable, Payroll, General Ledger, Inventory Control, Purchase Order,
- Bill of Lading, Degree Day and C-Store.
Environment: COBOL, ACUCOBOL-85, ISAM DMS II.