- Senior Information Technology Consultant with extensive experience with SQL Server, SSIS, SSRS, TSQL, VB.Net, ASP.Net, Crystal Reports.
- Extensive experience designing, developing, converting, training and supporting a variety of software applications and DBMS using many different data management and software tools.
- Operating Systems: Windows 98/ME/XP/Vista/7/8/2000/NT, some Unix
- Hardware: PC's
- Applications: SQL Server 2005, 2008, 2008 R2, SSRS, SSIS, Sharepoint, MS Office, Crystal Reports, Data PA, ETL
- Databases: SQL Server, SQL Anywhere, DBIsam, Firebird, PostGRE, MySQL, Stored Procedures, Triggers, User Defined Functions
- Design, develop, convert VB.net programs to support manufacturing and information systems.
- Write PI interface code to extract PI data for movement to SAP
- Provide user support with respect to existing programs and reports.
- Re-write and expand existing device/vessel inspection applicaton to provide better user interface, performance, inspection documentation and automated interface to SAP.
- Cleaned up and maintain Sharepoint Management Information Portal using SSRS and TSQL. Created and maintain numerous stored procedures in SQL Server databases. Create and deploy management reports to portal as required.
- Served as primary software interface between two ERP software providers to troubleshoot and resolve problems.
- Supported all departments in data analysis, application and reporting needs.
- Used SSIS to build a datastore to combine data from Service side of business SQL Server DBMS with Parts Sales side of business Progress DBMS .
- Develop software applications and TSQL scripts required to convert client DBMS from one form to another for various software companies.
- Conversions performed by writing TSQL scripts and/or custom Powerbuilder or VB.net programs. DBMS conversions include SQL Server 2005, SQL Server 2008 R2, Sybase Adaptive Server Anywhere, DBISAM, Firebird, MS Access and various proprietary databases
Developed reports using Crystal Reports in support of new Puridiom Procurement system recently implemented. Developed Purchasing Card application to track Government credit card use using Visual Studio 2010, Visual Basic 2010, .Net 4.0, SQL Server 2008 R2 and Crystal Reports. Contract expired due to lack of government funding.
- Designed, developed and supported Point of Sale system for Precision Tune Auto Care national franchise using Powerbuilder and Sybase SQL Anywhere.
- Developed data synchronization between franchisee locations and the corporate office using Powerbuilder and Sybase MobileLink which allowed automated entry of franchisee sales into accounting system, again using my Powerbuilder application.
- Converted many franchisee databases, including SQL Server databases to Sybase SQL Anywhere.
- Created an international version of software using Visual Basic and Crystal Reports.
- Developed reporting module for corporate office and multi-franchise owners allowing them to evaluate their businesses on a shop by shop basis or as a whole using Powerbuilder.
- Installed, supported and trained over 365 franchisees in use of Point of Sale software.
- Conducted training classes at client's semi-annual conventions.
- Provide training to programmers in India in preparation for sale of the software to Precision Tune Auto Care as of 12/31/10.
- Owned and operated Precision Tune Auto Care franchise auto repair facility.
- Produced 60 increase in sales in first 2 years.
- Business sold in 2004 to focus on software business.
Owned and operated Aiken's first computer retail store specializing in retail personal computer sales, training, network installation, setup and repair. Installed and supported Novell network server installations and client computers for local law firms. Closed store to pursue software contract with Precision Tune Auto Care.
- Responsible for providing consulting and software needs under contract to US Department of Energy.
- Managed company's software developers, server, computers and data management systems on Wang, Unix, and Windows based systems.
- Provided 24/7 emergency responses to Department of Energy to design and implement software systems to track reaction to nuclear incidents.
Safeguards Security Specialist
- Originally hired as a Control Room Operator responsible for overseeing the nuclear fuel recovery process from start to finish. When the government permanently declined a license to operate I participated in research and development of access control systems for nuclear facilities.
- One of four programmers responsible for design and implementation of real time personnel Access Control system for nuclear facilities using DEC PDP-11, RSX11-M Operating System and Assembler language. System was developed under research and development contract to US Department of Energy. Made presentations to numerous VIP visitors including members of Congress and foreign dignitaries. Developed voice verification access control system, terminal security system, and personnel tracking systems.