Experienced Access relational multi-user database developer, with an emphasis in VBA coding. Experienced Microsoft Excel developer, With an emphasis on Macros and VBA. Some knowledge of SQL servers.
Summary of qualifications
Data Processing Analyst
- Create run Oracle queries and download to Excel to format reports per user requests.
- Work with user to create/modify Access databases to become more user friendly.
- Run rebate reports and create/maintain complex calculations based on rebate criteria.
- Use SQL Developer, TOAD and SQL server to run complex relational queries to retrieve information based on requirements from Managers/Directors/VP's.
- Maintain Excel workbooks for Weekly/Monthly/Quarterly/Semi-Annual and Annual reports.
- Developing VB.NET application to automate the running of monthly reports.
2007 Microsoft Office Conversion Specialist
- Helped with conversion of Office 2003 Documents, Workbooks Databases to 2007 Office formats.
- Gathered files and did test conversions to ensure data integrity.
- Worked with users to make changes in VBA Macro coding to be compliant with Office 2007 standards.
- Created Access database to serve as a basis for running reports for a Collections department.
- Collected requirements based on objective or creating a reporting database for a 12 Million collections group.
- Worked with supervisors in design phase to create the reports used on a daily basis.
- Designed and implemented Excel automation modules for managers in the collections department.
- Documented processes for Supervisor/management use.
- Sat with the employees to research current policies and procedures and how they affect the business model.
- Created in depth reports of the current business trends that the supervisors used to evaluated employee performance.
- Reports included call trends, outcomes, promises and calls per hour.
- Created 3 Access relational multi-user databases based on customer specifications implemented over a network.
- Collected requirements from management/users for the design of the databases based on objective of reducing reprints/waste/downtime in the manufacturing process.
- Worked closely with users and management in development to overcome any difficulties/constraints of programming requirements.
- Worked with management/users in development to design reports/queries needed.
- Sat with supervisors to evaluate the business problems of the current processes/procedures/policies.
- Tracking database to track and report on Reprints for Direct mail printing.
- Training database to track and report on training throughout the plant.
- Scheduling database to schedule deliveries of paper and ink supplies.
- Extensive VBA automation coding, including automation of emails to different groups and pulling data across a network using ODBC to update databases on a daily basis.
- Updated an existing database to current standards.
- Documented all databases for training of new employees and management users.
- Motorized Window Shade Systems Programmer
- Create maintain Engineering rules for Windows Systems products.
- Create maintain Access Databases for use in External programs.
- Create and maintain complex Excel Spreadsheets for use in JDE Configurator.
- Create maintain procedures for Windows Systems programming.
- Create maintain IQ's for JD Edwards for use in Configurator.
- Create and maintain VBA modules for Access and Excel using extensive list of outside files to include in Excel spreadsheets and Access Tables.
- Create and maintain relational databases for Access.
- Analyzed Pricing tables in Microsoft Excel using Pivot Tables for cost benefits of increases in pricing.
- Used VLookups to analyze current and projected pricing changes.
- Helped in analysis and evaluations of new materials and processes in cost reduction benefits.
- Documented processes for management review.
- Helped to re-establish Accounting Department practices procedures.
- Created Macros for Month End Reconciliation of A/P and A/R accounts.
- Created new Collections practices and procedures.
- Helped New Accounting Manager to complete Year-End Audit and wrote new procedures on year-end month-end closing of books.
- Created new baseline for monthly A/P spending.
- Applied checks on a daily basis totaling 84 million dollars yearly.
- Researched and resolved charge backs for the largest account in the company. Recovered more than 500,000 yearly.
- Researched and created Journal entries to be applied the Accounts Receivables system.
- Used Microsoft Excel to show trends in Profit/Loss and to balance daily deposits. Also used Pivot Tables to show trends in Monthly/Quarterly/Yearly Chargebacks.
- Created and maintained an Accounts Receivable database to handle the chargeback and Journal entries for the Accounts Receivables Dept. Have improved process by more than 35 .
Held various temporary accounting positions in different companies.
- Customer Service/Cash Processing/Collections
- Designed Access database to track sending of new account gifts.
- Answered incoming calls regarding services and appointments.
- Helped create Collections department policies and procedures including baseline metrics for collections accounts.
- Created Cash Processing group policies and procedures.
- Created policies/procedures including baseline metrics for the Cash Processing department.
- Processed 250k payments daily through the Cash processing department.
- Managed 15 people in cash processing department.
Call Center Rep
- Handled calls for a major manufacturer of home products.
- Reviewed and corrected complaint codes entered into the call tracking database for 12 reps.
- Handled escalated calls.
Programming Account Coordinator
- Created programs for directly imaging data on to various types of mail products.
- Worked closely with the Customer Service department and customer to create new designs and gave ideas for overcoming difficult layouts.
- Pulled random pieces from the press for Quality assurance purposes.
- 06/1981 09/1989
- Held various jobs in the Food, Security and manufacturing Industries.
I love to work on websites. I enjoy reading Science Fiction. Playing MMOG games on the internet.