Senior IT Programming Professional
with extensive experience in a large mainframe COBOL, CICS, DB2/SQL, VSAM environment with background in large Federal Government Systems, health insurance and credit card applications, sales and accounting. Proven ability to create processing improvements that increase operational efficiency and produce significant company savings and revenue stream improvements. MBA in Management of Information Systems. Federal NAC Security Confidential obtained.
IBM30xx, 3270 Terminals, IBM PC and Compatibles, VPN and Gateway
COBOL, CICS, VSAM, DB2, SQL and QMF, MVS/JCL and Utilities, File Aid, TSO/ISPF, SharePoint, SyncSort, Cyberfusion, Dreamweaver, Platinum, Endeavor, Xpediter , Unix, Intertest, EZ-Trieve, Datacom, InfoMan QA tools, JES2, CA7 Scheduler, MQ series, HTML, NDM, FTP, EDI. VPN for 24/7 production support and SDLC project management. MBA/ MIS Degree.
Senior Technical Consultant Lockheed Martin/Social Security Admin.
- Received the Outstanding Peer Award for 2013 from Lockheed Martin for work done on the automation of sixteen accounting reports Recovery of Overpayments that are now delivered to a web based media on the Social Security Administration Intranet System, reducing significant manual processing and error prone reporting.
- Senior Developer at Lockheed Martin Information Systems assigned to Social Security Administration Office of Retirement and Survivor's Insurance Systems ORSIS to document and upgrade the Division of Title II Payment and Accounting DT2PA Debt Management Intranet Reports that generate and publish debt management accounting information to the SSA user community within the SSA Intranet Structure.
- Produced two SSA Work Product Document User's Guides on report generation for the DUMAS Exception Codes SSA Internal and Monthly Payment Totals Reporting Process User's Guide.
- Lead role in the Mass Zip Code Automation Design Specification to track SSA mailings by Zip Code for all Financial Centers to view the number of checks mailed by the Treasury Department to the various Zip Codes in the 10 SSA regions of the USA. The information is reported to the US Postal Services, Treasury Department, and for internal Social Security Administration reporting.
- Lead Developer for DB2 Program modification to replace VSAM file access with SQL/DB2 for the recovery and collection of overpayment process RECOOP of SSA payouts.
Senior Consultant General Dynamics/Center for Medicare and Medicaid Services
- Lead Developer at General Dynamics Information Technology VIPS on Medicare Part D Drug Data Processing System DDPS for implementation of new Health Care Reform Act of 2010 and major role in Medicare Part D Reconciliation and Reimbursement assets recovery project.
- Lead role in Month End Payment Verification MEPV between Social Security Administration and the Center for Medicare and Medicaid Services CMS in beneficiary payments for health coverage.
- Developer on 16 major Medicare releases, upgrades and Remedy Tickets.
- Technical writer on the As Built Document ABD with 19 MAPD Medicare release note updates.
- Primary Support 'ON-CALL' and Secondary Support for all CGI related systems on rotation.
- Wrote and published in company SharePoint two 'how-to' documents covering the MEPV process and how to use testing Scripts in Expediter software.
Applications Developer Consultant
- Developed hospital reports for Medicare and Medicaid eligible reimbursements from Federal and State government agencies for uncollected funds, netting member hospitals over 8M in funding.
- Upgraded system for tracking Medicare fraud by data mining collection agency and hospital payment records of patient payments and collection billing information.
- Integrating new government regulations on patient confidentiality into older billing systems.
- Migrated Estee Lauder Catalogue on-line Database to a new release for enhanced product display, pricing and order processing for large retail cosmetic buyers such as Macy's, Bloomingdales, Nordstrom's, Dillard's, Neiman Marcus and other.
- Upgraded Bill of Lading processing for major shippers like UPS and FedEx for more accurate pick-up and delivery tracking and notification.
- Upgraded older Cobol programs to Cobol-II standards.
- Worked on Endeavor Program migration and tracking system for compliance regulations.
Applications Specialist Consultant
- Developed the Tax Reconciliation View, a DB2 system to provide web based applications with daily Real Estate revenues posted overnight at Bank of America in the city accounts.
- Created an automated email notification system of no good checks and electronic fund transfers returned items using metaCobol and DB2 file applications for internal city auditors.
- Increased program and jcl production migrations by developing streamline methods of processing new and existing jobs and software under a quality based tracking system.
Senior Applications Developer
- Responsible for major Visa and MasterCard system changes for enhanced credit card processing with cross border transactions for Canada and Mexico, and overseas currency exchange.
- Developed complex CICS components for Discover Card Merchant Qualifications making extensive use of Quality Assurance tools that allowed for Merchant Profile Registration in an error free environment, and reducing down-time and data exceptions by 50 .
- Provided around the clock beeper support for all major credit card payment systems, using Endeavor, Sars, InfoMan and other help desk tools to analyze and correct program failures quickly.
Senior COBOL Programmer/Analyst
- Managed critical Level-2 support applications for on-line CICS Sales and Accounting Systems and COBOL batch processing cycle while creating enhanced documentation with follow-up procedures and technical support notification protocol.
- Designed and wrote all programming specification allowing the company to sell and invoice products in South America within complex regional government regulations.
- Delivered financial ad hoc reports to Legal Department during critical auditing periods under extremely tight timeframe with complex requirements.
- Created a seamless migration of several major company acquisitions with over 90,000 products and site accounts into a common database for quick sales and financial use.
- Specialized in integrating complicated bank credit card information into common database format for card processing vendor First Data Merchant Service, to generate new sources of revenue. Bank clients included Wachovia, PNC, Wells Fargo, and Sun Bank.
- Developed system for ADP Financial Services to track bulk mailing and routing services for their corporate client's annual reports and proxy voting materials, reducing postal costs by over 1M annually.
Senior Programmer / Analyst Developed and maintained medical insurance claims on-line CICS system for large group accounts such as DC37, Local 1199, New York State Nurses Association and HIP/HMO. Lead Developer on Hospital Energy Management System that tracked energy costs for heating and air conditioning services for several major New York hospitals, including NYU Medical Center.