Business Skills/ Technical Skills:
MS-SQL Server 2012/2008R2/2008/2005/2000, SQL Server Enterprise Manager, Query Analyzer, MS SQL Server Reporting Services SSRS , MS SQL Server Analysis Services SSAS , MS SQL Server Integration Services SSIS , Data Transformation Services DTS , SQL Server Management studio SSMS , Business Intelligence Development Studio BIDS , MS Access, MS Visual Studio, Bulk Copy Program BCP , Microsoft Office, MS Visio 2003/20072010, C, HTML, ASP.NET, Crystal Report, Erwin 7.3/4.1/4.0, Performance Point Server, Visual SourceSafe VSS , Team Foundation Server TFS .
Application DBA/SQL-BI Developer/Database Architect
- MS SQL servers installation and configuration for development, testing UAT environment.
- Define groups, roles, users, Logins and assigning appropriate roles privileges to them.
- Responsible to discuss the requirement with business users for requirement gathering, design and development of the database model.
- Responsible to Create and enhance the complex T-SQL objects like store procedure, function, trigger, view, Index and Table to meet the business requirements and implementation.
- Implement the user define data types, constraints, rules, defaults, and triggers to maintain the database referential integrity.
- Created data models using Microsoft Visio per requirements after discussing with frontend development team and application user, also reverse engineer them to apply normalization to it.
- Created the various types of indexes like Cluster, Non-Cluster, Included to improve query performance.
- Used graphical query execution plan analyzer to monitor performance, used SQL Server Profiler and Database Engine Tuning Advisor to optimize the Database performance and Rewriting SQL store procedures using the XML schema and XML parameter.
- Developed SSIS package with data validation check to load the data from mainframe system to SQL server.
- Created SSIS package to load data from CSV, TXT Files to SQL Server by using various data flow transformations.
- Created data Error Record Retrieval process in SSIS package using the redirect row at individual task level, to record the error message with the source data row for fixes and reload from the screen.
- Implemented the Business rules and Data validation in the SSIS package using the lookup, data conversation, conditional split, SQL queries and store procedure execution.
- Created logging for ETL load at package level and task level to log number of records processed by each package and task in a package using SSIS.
- Responsible for creating Configuration file, Deploying, Scheduling and Maintaining SSIS packages.
- Develop the SQL store procedures using Used common table expression CTE , Derived Tables, Temporary table, Table variable to hold the intermediate result set and perform summary calculations to pull the data base reports from OLTP environment and make them executable from application.
- Implemented Indexes and partition on tables to enhance the Report performance in OLTP environment.
- Responsible for the Performance tuning of the SQL Commands and the troubleshooting of the technical problems with ORM mapping for .Net application.
- Design backup strategy and recovery plans of SQL server using Maintenance plans and SQL Server Agent Jobs for periodic Backups.
- Enable and utilize the Database mail facility to notify the status of database maintenance plan execution.
- Responsible to design release plans, set up the production server for the parallel testing efforts.
MS SQL Server 2012, T-SQL, SSIS 2012, MS SQL Profiler, SQL Server Index Tuning Wizard, Visual Studio 2012, MS Visio 2010, MS Office 2010, Team foundation server 2012, RedGate SQL Compare.
SQL DBA/SSIS/SSRS Developer
SBPASC is subsidiary CareFirst of Maryland, Inc. d/b/a CareFirst BlueCross BlueShield CareFirst located at Maryland Avenue SW, Washington, DC. SBPASC is also well known as FEP operation center. SBPASC is a major health care software provider for participating healthcare plans. My team was responsible to provide the testing framework and test data preparation tools for testing the mandated health care upgrade for applications like HIPPA 5010 Claim education engine, Blue exchange, ICD9/to ICD10 Upgrades, Enrollment, iService, eService, Release activities, Plan inquiries etc.
- Create data mappings and data dictionaries by understanding business data relationships, writing complex SQL stored procedures, views, functions, triggers, cursors, tables, views, joins and ad-hoc queries in an effort to enhance the testing automation framework.
- Document and develop the process to handle data migration between test data input tools, DB2 and SQL tables to support the X12 data generation.
- Involved in performance monitoring and trouble-shooting issues in SQL Server database and validating X12 transactions.
- Apply the upgrades in the SQL store procedure, implemented with XML Schema, XML parameters to be able to execute from cross platform application and improve the performance by reducing the execution time.
- Providing documentation having requirements, design consideration, assumptions, functional and technical description, created data model, flow diagrams using ER-Win, Visio 2010.
- Building new tools and enhancing existing tools to assist with test data preparation using Excel and VBA.
- Providing immediate defect resolution and resolve performance issues for the test data preparation tools.
- Used common table expression CTE , Derived Tables, Temporary table, Table variable to hold the intermediate result set and perform summary calculations inside the stored procedures.
- Create a various ad-hoc reports to analyze the ICD-10 test case execution results and to identify the needed changes into the test data. Prepare the SQL scripts to apply the needed fixes for the test data.
- Installation and Configuration of SQL Server 2008R2/2008/2005.
- Responsible for Database and Log Backup Restoration Process, Backup Strategies and Scheduling Backups.
- Responsible for Security Administration- creating users and assigning them roles and privileges.
- Used DBCC commands and Dynamic Management Views for maintaining Database consistency.
- Migrating contents from SQL server 2005/2008 to SQL Server 2008 R2.
- Performance tuning of Queries and Stored Procedures using graphical execution plan analyzer, monitor performance using SQL Server Profiler and Database Engine Tuning Advisor.
- Implemented transactional replication between Primary Server and Read Only servers.
- Created Tabular, Matrix reports also called as crosstab or pivot , Charts and graphs as per customer requirements Using SSRS.
- Experience in configuration of Report Server, Report Manager, Report scheduling, give permissions to different level of users in SSRS 2008/2008R2/2005.
- Experience in creating several Master-Child report drill-down, matrix, tabular, linked, sub-report model for Monthly/Quarterly for client reporting system on SSRS 2008/2008R2/2005/Crystal reports.
- Created different packages in order to to create ETL packages .dtsx files to validate, extract, transform and load data to data warehouse databases and process SSAS cubes.
- Upgrade SSIS Package and SSRS reports from BIDS 2005 to SQL Server 2008 R2.
- Designed SSIS Templates for developing SSIS Packages in such a way that they can be dynamically deployed into Development, Testing and Production Environments.
- Generated and Deployed ETL, SSIS packages both design and code to process data to target databases.
- Experience in automating and scheduling SSIS/DTS packages with error logging and alters techniques.
- Used efficient task objects/connections/work flows in packages based on data volumes and data sources.
- Performed efficient tuning of SQL source queries for data load/Usage of stored procedures for performance.
- Involved in using Team Foundation Server TFS and Dimensions as configuration management tools for maintaining the code developed for SSRS and SSIS.
MS SQL Server 2005/2008/2008 R2, SSIS 2005/2008/2008 R2, SSRS 2005/2008/2008 R2, SSAS 2005/2008/2008 R2, MS SQL Server Profiler, Query Analyzer, SQL Server Index Tuning Wizard, Database Engine Tuning Advisor, Visual Studio 2005/2008, , MS Access 2003/2007, Excel VBA, Erwin v4.1, Windows XP, MS Office 2003/2007.
MS SQL Server/BI Developer
- Translated business needs into data analysis, business intelligence data sources and reporting solutions for different types of information consumers.
- Involved in Planning, Defining and Designing data base using Erwin on business requirement and provided documentation.
- Developed complex T-SQL code such as Stored Procedures, functions, triggers, Indexes and views for the application.
- Used Joins, correlated and non-correlated sub-queries for complex business queries involving multiple tables calculations from different databases.
- Used advanced features of T-SQL in order to design and tune T-SQL to interface the database and other applications in most efficient manner.
- Created many complex Stored Procedures/Functions and used them in Reports directly to generate reports on the fly.
- Created SSIS package to load data from XML Files and SQL Server 2005 to SQL Server 2008 by using Lookup, Fuzzy Lookup, Derived Columns, Condition Split, Term Extraction, Aggregate, Pivot Transformation, and Slowly Changing Dimension.
- Used SSIS to create ETL packages to Validate, Extract, Transform and Load data to Data Warehouse and Data Mart Databases.
- Developed Unit Test Plans for SSIS packages for checking the functionality of each component.
- Modified the existing SSIS packages to meet the changes specified by the users.
- Scheduled Jobs for executing the stored SSIS packages which were developed to update the database on Daily basis using SQL Server Agent.
- Designed, Developed and Deployed reports in MS SQL Server environment using SSRS-2008.
- Generated Sub-Reports, Cross-tab, Conditional, Drill down reports, Drill through reports and Parameterized reports using SSRS 2008.
- Created reports to retrieve data using Stored Procedures that accept parameters.
- Scheduled the monthly/weekly/daily reports to run automatically onto the Dashboard
- Responsible for Monitoring and Tuning Report performance.
- Configured the report viewing security for various users at various levels using Report Manager.
- get data from heterogeneous systems Flat File, Excel, MS Access and SQL Server and load to the data warehouse.
MS SQL Server 2005/2008/2008 R2, SSIS 2005/2008/2008 R2, SSRS 2005/2008/2008 R2, SSAS 2005/2008/2008 R2, MS SQL Server Profiler, Query Analyzer, SQL Server Index Tuning Wizard, Database Engine Tuning Advisor, Visual Studio 2005/2008, Erwin v4.1, Windows XP, MS Office 2003/2007, MS Access 2003/2007.
MS SQL Server Developer/SSIS/SSRS Developer
- MS SQL servers installation and configuration for testing and development environment.
- Define groups, roles, users and assigning access privileges to them.
- Monitored and scheduled existing/new jobs on production environment.
- Optimizing Database Queries for performance enhancements and Rewriting SQL object.
- Extensive use of Stored Procedures, Created new stored procedures and modifying existing ones.
- Developed ETL process using SSIS to transfer data from heterogeneous data sources.
- Created logging for ETL load at package level and task level to log number of records processed by each package and each task in a package using SSIS.
- Responsible for Deploying, Scheduling, Alerting and Maintaining SSIS packages.
- Responsible for gathering business requirements to create business user reports.
- Created Parameterized, Cascaded, Drill-down, Cross-tab and Drill-through Reports using SSRS 2008.
- Extensive Knowledge in SSAS storage and partitions, and Aggregations, calculation.
- Queries with MDX, Data Mining Models, developing reports using MDX and SQL.
- Designed OLAP cubes with star schema and multiple partitions using SSAS.
- Understanding the OLAP processing for changing and maintaining the Warehousing Worked on Optimizing Dimensions, Hierarchies and adding the Aggregations to the Cube.
- Involved in writing MDX queries and performance optimization of the SSAS cubes for calculated members and measure groups.
- Extensive experience in creating cubes, maintaining partitions and MDX queries to load in to Excel/Data-Analytics tool for forecasting/measure analysis.
MS SQL Server 2000/2005, T-SQL, SSRS 2005, SSIS 2005, MS SQL Profiler, SQL Query Analyzer, SQL Server Index Tuning Wizard, Visual Studio 2005, Erwin v4.1, Windows XP, MS Office 2003/2007, MS Access, Crystal Reports 9/10.
MS SQL Server/ SSRS/SSIS/BI Developer
- Gathered business requirements, definition and design of the data sourcing and data flows, data quality analysis, working in conjunction with the data warehouse architect used Kimball's approach on the development of logical data models.
- Installed and configured MS SQL Server 2005 along with Visual Studio on a network domain system.
- Created logical and physical data models using Erwin for new requirements after discussion with technical team and application users.
- Designed and implemented complex SSIS package to migrate data from multiple data sources Teradata for data analyzing, deploying and dynamic configuring of SSIS packages.
- Designed high level ETL architecture for overall data transfer from the OLTP to CDW with the help of SSIS.
- Generated reports using Global Variables, Expressions and Functions using MS SQL Server Reporting Services 2005.
- Identified the database tables for defining the queries and defined datasets for report generation.
- Defined report layouts including report parameters and wrote queries for drill down reports using SSRS 2005.
- Created parameterized, drill down and aggregation reports in MS SQL environment using SSRS 2005.
- Administered interface to organize reports and data sources, schedule report execution and delivery, and track reporting history using SSRS 2005.
- Responsible for performance monitor to resolve dead locks/long running queries.
- Responsible for the Performance tuning of the SQL Commands and the troubleshooting of the technical problems in MS SQL Server 2005 with the use of the Query Analyzer and Database Engine Tuning Wizard.
- Established backup and recovery of MS SQL server 2005 by using SQL Server Agent Jobs for periodic Backups with backup devices, database maintenance plans and recovery.
- Used Visual Source Safe VSS for version control.
MS SQL server 2005, MS Server Integration services,SSIS, DTS, SSRS, Profiler and Windows Server 2003.
MS SQL Server Developer
- Involved in requirement gathering, analysis, design, development of the database reports.
- Created and enhance the complex T-SQL objects like store procedure, function, trigger, view, Index, Tables, to meet the business requirements and implementation.
- Involved in creating the constraints, rules, defaults, and triggers to maintain the data and referential integrity.
- Created the ER diagram using Erwin model.
- Involved in normalization of the database to bring it to normalized form.
- Created the various types of index like Cluster, Non-Cluster, Included to improve query performance.
- Involved in BCP commands to transfer data from MS SQL Server 2000 to MS SQL Server 2005.
- Created stored procedures for commonly used complex SQL queries involving complex join between multiple tables.
- Developed complex SQL queries using various types of Join, Sub-query, Derive table, View, Function.
- Created customized Jobs and triggers for automating tasks.
- Involve in designing, developing GUI forms for the User input.
MS SQL Server 2000, MS SQL Server 2005, DTS, Windows NT/2000, Erwin, MS SQL Server Profiler, MS Access.