- Over 7 years experiences in designing, analyzing, performing essential business tasks by using Business Intelligence BI database applications in the MS SQL Server environment including SSIS, SSRS, and SSAS.
- An inquiring, analytical mind, able to work logically, consistently, and accurately, even when under pressure. And a strong problem solver, able to work quickly under tight deadlines, and adapt to last-minute changes.
- Extensive experience in data base design and development using different tools of ER diagram, normalization techniques, T-SQL DDL and DML coding
- Highly experienced on all activities related to the development, implementation, administration and support of ETL processes for large-scale Data Warehouses using SQL Server SSIS and Power Designer.
- Highly experienced in Designing and implementing Dimensions and Measures according to business requirement and creating OLAP CUBES using SSAS 2008/2012.
- Expertise in SQL Server reporting services SSRS 2008/2012 in generating complex reports: cascaded, parameterized and Ad Hoc reports, Report Model using Report Builder.
- Delivered online analytical processing OLAP and data mining functionality for business intelligence applications.
- Experienced in transforming complex business logic into Database design and maintaining it by using SQL functionality such as Stored Procedures, User Defined Functions, Views, and ETL.
- Experienced in Data Extracting, Transforming, and Loading ETL between Homogenous and Heterogeneous System using SQL tools like SSIS, Data Transformation Services DTS , and XML.
- Proficient in Installation, Configuration, and Migrating and upgrading data from MS SQL Server 2008 to 2008R2 and 2008R2 to 2012.
- Highly experienced in Data Analyzing by using professional statistical analysis software like R and State with enhanced statistical logics.
MS SQL Server 2008/2008R2/2012, C , C , Turbo Pascal, MDX, T-SQL, MS Visual Studio 2008/2010, SSIS, SSRS, SSAS, MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, Outlook, MS DOS, Win 3.x/95/98/ME/2000/XP/Vista/7/8/8.1, SharePoint, R, State, Power Designer.
MS SQL Developer/BI/ETL Developer
- Installed, configured and maintained MS SQL Server 2012.
- Developed processes to extract the source data and load it into the flat files after cleaning, transforming, and integrating.
- Created data mapping document to provide source and destination mappings for effective Enterprise Data warehouse. Involved in implementing Logical and Physical Database modeling using Power Designer.
- Designed and deployed various SSIS packages to import the data coming from the different department data source and Heterogeneous outsource Database and applying Various transformations on it so as to modify the data into a usable format for further applications.
- Gathered the details from SWIFT department, analysis, and made related changes in to the Database with mapping the SWIFT tags for different message types. MT 103/700/799 Tag 20,21,32,72, and more for Web Base Application.
- Designed technical documents after analysis the Business Requirements.
- Created and modified stored-procedures, triggers, and views.
- Wrote complex T-SQL codes for the retrieval of the data.
- Created SSIS packages to export and import data from SQL Server to Access, text, and Excel files.
- Worked with old Data-warehouse database to design management reports.
- Created Store Procedures, Functions and Triggers for retrieval and update of data in the database.
- Generated Daily, Weekly and Monthly Trigger based reports regarding assigned projects to designated Managers and Clients.
Environment: Microsoft SQL Server 2012, T-SQL, SQL Server Integration Services SSIS , SQL Server Reporting Services SSRS , SQL Server Analysis Services SSAS , MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access.
MS SQL Server Developer
- Participated in meetings with all the members of the project to discuss, plan and implement strategies that would ensure all the business requirements re ect in the project development.
- Involved in migrating SQL Server 2008 to SQL Server 2012.
- Created indexes, stored procedures, views, joins and User defined functions, trigger and implemented as per the business requirements for secured data storage and efficient data manipulation.
- Involved in using all kinds of SQL Server Constraints Primary Keys, Foreign Keys, Defaults, Checks and Unique in writing Transact SQL T-SQL queries and Dynamic-queries.
- Involved in Troubleshooting performance issues and fine-tuning queries and stored procedures.
- Developed and distributed different types of Tabular Reports, Matrix Reports, Drill-Down reports, Cross Tab Reports and Ad hoc reports using SQL Server reporting services SSRS in Business intelligence development studio BIDS .
- Involved in various sectors like Development, testing, Production, Maintenance and Application teams.
- Maintained the client relationship by communicating the daily status and weekly status of the project and managed requests from the development team.
- Involved in performing partitioning of cubes as well as secured cubes with perspective and roles to increase cube performance.
- Designed and implemented data mart, facts, dimensions and OLAP cubes using dimensional modeling standards.
- Created and deployed Star Schema/Snow Flake Schema for online analytical processing Cube generation. Developed a multi-dimensional database and OLAP cube using SSAS that Stored and maintained the data. Deploy the cubes and verify the result on the browser.
Environment: MS SQL Server 2008, T-SQL, SQL Server Management Studio SSMS , MS SQL Server Integration Services SSIS , MS SQL Server Reporting Services SSRS , MS SQL Server Analysis Services SSAS , C .NET, MS Office, MS Excel.
MS SQL Developer/ETL Developer
- Wrote complex queries, DDL, functions, triggers, stored procedures, and views for new and existing applications.
- Created and rebuild multi-dimensional cubes using SSAS to support business reporting and forecasting process.
- Generated various Report models on Views due to security issues and deployed them on to the production reporting server and generated various Report models and ad-hoc reports.
- Migrated databases from SQL 2008 to SQL 2012 in production and test Environments. Created several SSIS packages in Microsoft SQL Server 2008.
- Transferred data into various CSV file format and immediately updated managers with the automated email systems.
- Used SSIS to create ETL packages .dtsx files to validate, extract, transform and load data to data warehouse databases.
- Optimized queries by looking at Execution Plan for better tuning of the database.
- Monitored, optimized and did Performance Tuning of Regression Servers using Performance monitor, SQL Profilers, Activity Monitor.
Environment: MS SQL Server 20012/ 2008, SQL Server Reporting Services 2012/2008, SQL Server Integration Services 2012/ 2008, SQL Server Analysis Services 2012/ 2008, MS Excel
MS SQL Developer/BI Developer
- Transformed data from MS SQL Server 2008 to MS SQL Server 2012 using OLE DB connection by creating various SSIS packages.
- Create Data Transformation tasks like BCP, BULK INSERT to import/ export data from clients.
- Designed a new schema for the Data Mart databases.
- Implemented SSAS Cubes, Facts, and Dimension tables to perform analysis.
- Created MDX queries to extract data from the Data Mart.
- Generated Dynamic reports from Cubes SSAS using SSRS.
- Extensively used SSIS for transferring data manually from DTS to SSIS packages using SSIS 2008.
- Extensively used SSIS transformations such as lookup, merge, merge join, conditional split, derived column, data conversion and aggregate etc.
- Handled slowly changing dimensions to maintain the history of the data. Responsible for creating cubes and dimensions using SSAS.
- Created business critical KPIs using SSAS representing aggregations in several different ways - hierarchically and using custom groupings that the company will use to analyze performance.
- Designed, developed and deployed reports like sub-reports, drill down reports, and drill through reports and parameterized reports in MS SQL server environment using SSRS.
Environment: Microsoft SQL Server 2008/2012 Enterprise Edition, T-SQL, SQL Server Integration Services SSIS , SQL Server Reporting Services SSRS , SQL Server Analysis Services SSAS , Share point
MS SQL Server Developer/BI Analyst
- Migrated data from Heterogeneous data Sources and legacy system DB2, Access, Excel to centralized SQL Server database using SQL Server Integration Services SSIS .
- Used SSIS 2008 to create a full-fledged data warehouse by consolidating data from various sources like Flat Files, Excel, MS Access and SQL Databases.
- Performed performance tuning of SSIS packages to achieve the optimized results, and used package configuration with environment variables to make the package dynamic.
- Designed and deployed reports with Drill Down, Drill Through and Drop Down menu option and Parameterized and Linked reports.
- Created different reports Tabular Reports, Matrix Reports, and Pie-Charts Bar Diagrams based on the requirements such as account holder loan type or amount due, and retrieve data using stored procedures that accept parameters using SSRS.
- Scheduled the reports to run on monthly or weekly basis in report manager and also emailing them to director and analysts to be reviewed in excel sheet.
- Worked closely with the DBA team to identify, resolve bugs and issues related to the SSRS Reports, and existing Stored Procedures.
- Monitored performance and optimized SQL queries for maximum efficiency.
- Environment: MS SQL Server 2008R2, SSRS, SSIS, SQL, T-SQL, BIDS, Visual Studio 2008, ETL Data Warehouse, MS Office, Excel.