- 5 years of extensive work experience as a SQL Server Developer, integration service, reporting serviceand Support of MS SQL SERVER2012/2008/2005 in development, Test and production environments.
- In-depth knowledge of T-SQL DDL, DML , Business intelligence BI , Integration Service SSIS , Reporting Service SSRS .
- Experience in BI Development and Deployment of DTS, SSIS packages fromMS SQL Server MS-Access, Excel, and Oracle.
- Experience in creating Dynamic SQL, joins, views, indexes, stored procedures, triggers, functions, constraints at various stages of migration, reports and data validation.
- Expertise in Job scheduling and deployments so as to update changes in the Files, SQL Queries and Packages using SQL server agent/Autosys.
- Proficient in Data Conversion, Normalization and Data Modeling, Multi-Dimensional Modeling and involved in creation of Fact Tables, Dimension Tables, Star Schema and Snowflake dimensional schema using Erwin Tool.
- Good knowledge in Database and Packages Wizards like Import and Export, Copy Database and Package Migration and Upgrade Wizard.
- Experienced in Migration from SQL Server 2005 to SQL Server 2008 using SQL Server Upgrade Advisor.
- Expert level skills in Data massaging and cleansing of data by Extraction, Transformation and Loading ETL of packages using Business intelligence BIDS .
- Experience in migration of Data from Excel, Flat file, Oracle to MS SQL Server by using BCP, Bulk Insert and DTS utility.
- Experience in creating Master and Child Packages and worked with XML and SQL Table configurations for modifying the SSIS packages from a test/development environment to the production servers for day to day operation.
- Expert in error handling techniques and then trouble shooting them by Error Logging, Checkpoint, Event handling, precedence constraints and Package configuration.
- Developed multiple packages using Slowly Changing Dimension Transformation by using changing and historical attributes.
- Expert in creating weekly different types of reports like Tabular, Drill-Down, Parameterized and sub-reports using SQL Server Reporting Services.
- Good Knowledge in ReportSubscriptions and Reporting Services Configuration Manager tool.
- Excellent knowledge of using variables and expressions in packages.
- Creation and maintenance of Databases, Creating Roles, and Managing User Permissions.
- Experience in Database administration activities such as Backup and Restore using different recovery modes.
- Experience in developing applications using C .NET, VB.NET
- Extensive Knowledge of Query Optimization, Performance Tuning and Database Consistency checks using DBCC utilities.
- Experience in implementing different types of Replication models such as Transactional, Snapshot.
- Successfully created, implemented and maintained database mirroring and Log Shipping Techniques.
- Experience in using tools like SQL Profiler, Performance Monitor and Performance counters for monitoring and tuning MS SQL Server Performance.
- An ability to work with varying database technologies.
MS SQL Server 2012/2008/2005, Oracle, MS Access, SQL, Transact-SQL T-SQL , PL/SQL, C, C , C ,VB Script,MS SQL Server Integration Service SSIS , MS SQL Server Reporting Service SSRS , SQL Profiler, SQL Query Analyzer, MS SQL Server Index Tuning Wizard, Visual Studio 2005/2008/2012, DTS SQL Developer, ERWIN, Windows Server- 2003/NT/XP/2000, Windows vista., TFS, Test Track, Jira.
SQL Server Developer/SSIS/SSRS
- Worked with project lead and business users to understand business processes, gather and document project requirements and translate them into functional and non-functional specifications for MSBI reports and applications.
- Transmitted data from various OLTP data sources, such as Oracle, MS Access, MS Excel, Flat Files, CSV files into SQL Server 2012.
- Developed logical and physical data models, designed data access strategies and wrote SQL code to access and manipulate data stored in relational databases.
- Enriched SSAS Cubes for building reports using SQL Server Business Intelligence Development Studio to support reporting and forecasting processes.
- Implemented complex SSIS packages for the data in the EDW, designed error handling, validationchecks, dataquality.
- Extensively used store procedures and UDF functions called from the SSIS package as a part of data massaging, scrubbing.
- Developed database objects such as Store procedures, Functions, Triggers, and Indexes using T-SQL, SQL Analyzer and SQL Server Management Studio.
- Developed SSIS packages with use of precedence Constraints, Check Points, and Logging.
- Created several SSIS packages using advanced transforms, lookups, fuzzy lookups, and script components c .
- Tested, Cleaned, and Standardized Data to meet the business standards using Execute SQL task, Conditional Split, Data Conversion, Derived column, Slowly Changing Dimension mechanism in different environments.
- Developed VB scripts for SSIS packages.
- Created staging environment in SQL 2008 for the data migration from different heterogeneous sources CSV, Excel .
- Created complex SSIS packages for data cleansing, involving various tasks such as for each loop, file system task, fuzzy lookups, and multicasting.
- Created and developed Parameterized, Drill Down and AD Hoc Reports using SQL Server 2008 Reports Services SSRS .
- Created SSRS Data Model projects using Microsoft Visual Studio 2012 and using Report Builder for report server to create reports.
- Documented Stored Procedures, views, user defined functions and maintained history of changes using SCD transformation.
Environment: MS SQL Server 2012,MS SQL Server Integration Service, MS SQL Server Reporting Services, T-SQL,Windows XP, C ,Visual Studio 2012, MS-Access 2010.
SQL Server Developer SSIS/SSRS
- Involved in gathering different plans available from the legacy system DB2 system and third party vendors.
- Extracted data using SSIS packages ETL from different server locations and data sources.
- Created triggers for to Insert, Update and Delete data in MS SQL database tables.
- Implementation of stored procedures and triggers for automating tasks.
- Performed Index analysis for tables and came up with more efficient solutions to use Clustered and Non-Clustered Indexes for significant performance boost.
- Used Joins, correlated and normal sub-queries for complex business queries involving multiple tables calculations from different databases.
- Filtered bad data from legacy system using complex T-SQL statements, and implemented various constraint and triggers for data consistency.
- Created numerous database objects like cursors, triggers, stored procedure to check the data entry and payment verification.
- Developed C scripts and the data model for enhanced SSIS Logging, Runtime Metrics, and to manipulate SSIS packages.
- Created views for the users according to their roles.
- Testing the Performance of the database.
- Developed template Excel 2005 reports to allow the manager to analyze the data directly accessing SQL Server.
- Creating new database/tables to put in the extracted data and rebuilding the relationship.
- Managed the security of the servers Logins and users .
- Developed complex T-SQL code such as Stored Procedures, functions, triggers, Indexes and views for the application.
- Involved in Data Analysis and Dimensional Modelling of target system.
- Used tools like SQL Server Profiler, Performance Monitor to identify bottlenecks.
- Performed daily tasks including backup and restore from disaster recovery by using SQL Server 2008 tools like SQL Server Management Studio.
Environment: MS-SQLServer 2008, SQL Server Profiler, MS SQL Server Agent, Query Analyzer, T-SQL, SSRS, MS Excel 2007, Erwin4.x
SQL Server Developer/SSIS/ SSRS
- Based on business requirement, developed the Complex SQL queries with Joins and T-SQL, Stored procedure, Views, Trigger to implementing the business rules and transformations.
- Data Analysis and Designed the logical and physical model architecture for database.
- Interacted directly with the various SME for gathering the business requirements.
- Convert data from Legacy system to SQL Database.
- Used ETL SSIS to develop jobs for extracting, cleaning, transforming and loading data into data warehouse.
- Prepared the complete data mapping for all the migrated jobs using SSIS
- Data Migration from Flat files, CSV, MS-Access, Excel and OLE DB to SQL Database.
- Using SSIS, loaded XML data to the Database tables.
- Generated XML files from Database tables.
- Created /modified and maintained the ETL packages- Extraction, Transformation and Loading of data from various Database tables i.e., from Source Tables to Mapping the Target table in respective databases.
- Collected data from Various Heterogeneous database/files like MS SQL, DB2, ORACLE, Flat File, Access, Sybase, EXCEL sheets, CSV format and used complex data conversion to target.
- Scheduling and monitoring the regular jobs and ETL packages.
- Used ADO.net connection, .net and C code in SSIS Script task.
- Developed custom selection of reports ordering using SQL Server Reporting Services SSRS
- Used SSRS to create reports, customized Reports, on-demand reports.
- Validating and Testing of the Database data, SQL codes and application White box and Black box
- Prepared Documentation of the system.
SQL Server 2008/2005, SSIS, SSRS, MS-Access, DB2/UDB, ERwin7.1, WIN2000/XP.