- More than 9 years' experience in Oracle Business Intelligence Suite 126.96.36.199/5/3, 10.1.3.4/3/2 which includes familiarity in creating repository, creating and managing Oracle Dashboards, Oracle Answers.
- Sound knowledge of the three layers of the repository.
- Experience as Subject Matter Expert.
- Experience in HR Analytics.
- Knowledge of Business Model development with Facts and Dimensions.
- Experience in implementing Dimensional Hierarchies, Aggregation Rules, Time Series, Repository and Session Variables and Security.
- Experience in identifying bottlenecks and resolving to improve performance
- Knowledge of Dimensional modeling Star schema, Snowflake schema and of slowly changing dimensions.
- Experience with metadata objects Subject Area, Table, and Column and web catalog objects Dashboards, Pages, Folders, Reports
- Experience to make changes to RPD to support analytics and reporting requirements.
- Experience with Scorecards and KPIs.
- Strong ability to create interactive dashboards Prompts, image prompts, Export and Briefing Book capabilities, Oracle Delivers and agents.
- Experience with MUDE.
- Building dimensional hierarchy with Drill Up, Drill Down and Drill Across features.
- Good understanding of features such as Cache Management, Security Implementation,, Authentication using external table and LDAP.
- Skill to incorporate Presentation Variables, Repository Variables, Union of Reports, Selection Steps, Table View, Pivot Table, Static View, Narrative View, Master Detail View, View selector, Column selector, Branding, Bins, and Prompts in dashboards.
- Experience in fine tuning dashboards and reports.
- Working knowledge of SQL.
- Hands-on experience in developing reports and templates with BI Publisher using advanced features such as parameters, list of values,etc.
- Creating Data Models for reports in BI Publisher, Data Models from Multiple Data Sources, adding Report Layout Templates - BI Publisher, RTF and Excel XPT Format, BIP Template Builder for MS Word, Report Configuration Properties Settings, Report Viewer Options and Scheduling Reports.
- Experience in XDO METADATA concept to build customized templates to generate multi sheet Excel Reports in BI publisher.
- Understanding of basic concepts of Data Warehouse concepts, ETL, DAC and workflow.
- Strong skills with MS Access, Excel and MS Word.
- Proficient in creating, documenting and working from technical specifications to create on demand reports.
- Have thorough understanding of time-boxed agile development methodology
- Expertise in designing and delivering OBIEE technology solutions within a complex enterprise environment
- Experience in Client Interaction and Compiling Specifications from client, Modification and Testing.
- Excellent problem solving skills with strong technical background and good inter-personal skills. Quick learner and excellent team player, ability to meet deadlines and work under pressure.
- Enthusiastic and goal-oriented team player possessing excellent communication, interpersonal skills and leadership capabilities with high level of adaptability. Work experience is combined with professionalism, determination and strong work ethics.
- Strong interpersonal and excellent communication and documentation skills.
OBIEE 188.8.131.52/3, 10.1.3.4/3/2 Answers, Reports, Interactive Dashboards, Web Catalog Administration
Star, Snowflake schemas.
C, C , JAVA, Python
Windows Server 2008/2003, NT
Subject Matter Expert
- Hands on experience in HR Analytics.
- Create interactive dashboards with prompts, reports with filters, selection steps, bins, session variables, repository variables, presentation variables and guided navigation.
- Brand dashboards and reports.
- Customize reports using various views Table, Pivot, Chart, Static, Narrative and Master Detail, and Column selector and View selector.
- Performance tuning across the board.
- Generate BI Publisher reports using Analyses as source.
- Use XDO METADATA concept to build customized templates to generate multi sheet Excel Reports in BI publisher
- Federalize out of the box dashboards
Environment: Oracle Business Intelligence EE 184.108.40.206, Windows 7, HR Analytics, BI Publisher
- Hands on experience in preparing design specification documents based on functional requirements
- Involved in Data Modeling which included building star schema, configuration of logical layer, logical tables, dimensions and columns in Business Model and Mapping layer and creating hierarchies in Presentation layer.
- Involved in creation of dynamic and session variables.
- Created Time series measures using AGO, TO Date and Period Rolling functions.
- Worked with configuring security at the repository level, catalog level and application level and modified dynamic session variables used for data visibility.
- Involved in configuring metadata objects and web catalog objects.
- Created users and granted permissions using BI Admin tool.
- Involved in setting up Ibots to run reports at scheduled time and delivering reports to business users via email.
- Developed reports using BI dashboard and answers, views, charts, created filters to obtain weekly sales for each region and send alerts to upper management.
- Implemented dynamic dashboards to achieve performance optimization and easy navigation of reports.
- Customized dashboard reports using drill down capabilities.
- Integrated Oracle BI Presentation Services with BI publisher
- Improved Query performance.
- Worked with Users and Administrators to resolve ongoing production problems by reviewing design changes made to production systems and making changes to the OBIEE repository.
Environment: Windows 2000/XP, Oracle Business Intelligence EE 220.127.116.11/3, 10.1.3.4, Oracle 11g, SQL Plus.
- Created OBIEE Dashboard Prompts, Intelligence Dashboards to accommodate the reports that are built in Answers.
- Created reports in the OBIEE Answers and configured the results in different views such as Table view, Pivot table view, Chart view, Funnel view, Narrative view etc based on the requirement.
- Created dimension hierarchies and level based measures to drill down to the most detailed level of data as per the business requirements and implemented them in the appropriate reports.
- Involved in meetings with the Business Partners, Business Users and gathered the Business Requirements and documented them in a systematic manner, also discussed the technical feasibility and the system requirements for the new developments such as the creation of any new database tables or about using the existing tables and Schemas etc.
- Worked through various phases such as Requirements gathering, Design, Development and successfully deployed the developments to Production
- Analyzed and recommended enhancements to Metadata Reporting in all layers Physical, Business and Presentation .
- Actively involved in developing Oracle BIEE Repository at 3 layers i.e., Physical Layer connecting Data sources import schema , Business Model / data mapping create Logical tables data source mapping and Presentation Layer level create presentation catalogs , create presentation folders, test and validate the model.
- Worked with variable manager to create session and repository variables
- Used Oracle BI Delivers Intelligence Agent iBots to notify the business users.
- Delivered the Business Information to the end users via web-based end user tools OBIEE in the form of standard reports, dashboards/scorecards, and ad-hoc query capability.
- Creation of new reports or modification of existing reports to meet new needs.
- Tested and validated the repository, reports and dashboards
- Involved in working with company's Business Analyst team in understanding the Analytics requirement and creating the business model for generating reports as per the Client requirements for production Purpose.
Environment: Oracle Business Intelligence EE 10.1.3.4, 18.104.22.168, Oracle 10g/11g.
- Worked Extensively on Presentation Services, Answers, Interactive Dashboards and Security Implementation.
- Involved in OBIEE Administration - setting up data sources, importing tables into repository.
- Configured Repository and session variables to get dynamic reports and dashboards
- Developed new Dimensions and Columns to the Subject Areas to fulfill additional requirements of the Business Analysts.
- Implementing security by creating users web groups, External tables. Setting up Obiee tool level security for specific users/groups that can access only specific part of the tool/ specific areas of the dashboards.
- Developed and debugged many Dashboards using different Analytics Views Pivot Table, Chart, and Column Selector, View Selector , Dynamic/Interactive Dashboards with drill-down capabilities, charts, tabular using global and local Filters.
- Configured views like compound layout, charts, table, filters, prompts, column selector, view selector, pivot table, gauge selector, etc.
- Debugged reports and Dashboards visibility with respect to user's responsibility and web groups in an integrated environment
- Created pivot table to analyze the business from different perspectives to optimize Analytics request.
- Implemented dynamic dashboard prompts to zoom into particular segments of the business in a performance-optimized manner.
Environment: Oracle Business Intelligence EE 10.1.3.3, Oracle 10g, Windows XP.
- Interacted with Client Services Management business representatives for gathering the Reports / Dashboards requirements and to define business and functional specifications
- Data Model Design and Documentation Facts and Dimensions, Business Users Security Permissions, Stars with Hierarchies, Business Model Names for Source Columns, Reports and Dashboard Layouts
- Involved in OBIEE meta-data development, configuring repository on all the three layers Physical Layer, Business Logic and Mapping Layer and Presentation Layer
- Different levels of Security set-up for the entities of the application on both Repository file and Web catalog file
- Developed and Debugged Interactive Dashboards and Reports relating to Customer Feedback Analytics, with different Analytic Views Guided Navigation, Pivot Table, Chart, View Selector, Column Selector, Filters, and Dashboard Prompts using Presentation Services.
- Implemented Object Level Security for the objects such as Dashboards and Reports, and Data Level Security for Region and Product dimensions, using Session Variables.
- Created comprehensive and easy-to-understand Oracle Answers Dashboards User Guide, and provided intensive Training to business users.
- Using the Oracle Business Intelligence software package, develop dashboards and reports based on technical requirements for each dashboard and report.
- Developed custom reports/Ad-hoc queries using OBI Answers and Filters.
- Assisted in modeling activities which included building star schema as per the business requirements and configuration of Logical Layer, Logical tables, dimensions and columns in Business and Mapping model layer.
Environment: Oracle Business Intelligence EE 10.1.3.3.0, Oracle 10g, Windows Server 2003/ XP
- Designed and Configured Dashboards in Analytics for different groups of users to view figures across regions, products with the facility to drill down to individual customer relationship manager.
- Analyzed and validated the business model in Siebel Analytics Administration tool by performing consistency check validating logical source tables, logical columns and also validating repository level calculations done in the business model layer.
- Developed custom reports queries using OBI Answers, Prompts and Filters.
- Implemented the delivery of iBots using OBI Delivers to alert the associated teams.
- Responsible for Unit and System Testing and Performed Data Validation for all the reports that are generated from OBIEE.
- Used Analytics Web Catalog to set up groups, access privileges, migrating reports from development to production and query privileges.
- Implemented security by creating users and groups and setting permissions to them
- Involved in configuring OBIEE Repository, such as implementation of physical data model as per requirements.
Environment: Oracle Business Intelligence 10.1.3.2, Oracle 8i, SQL
Siebel Analytics Developer
- Involved in creating Star Schema, Hierarchies, Level Based Measures, and Security using External Table Authentication, Session Variables, and Initialization Blocks.
- Analyzed and validated the business model in Administration Tool by performing consistency check, validating logical source tables, logical columns, and also validating repository level calculations done in the business model layer.
- Developed Time Series objects for comparing the usage variations between the current and previous years and months.
- Designed Intelligence Dashboards and created Global Filters and Prompts and configured them in Siebel Analytics Web.
- Configured views such as table, chart, pivot table, column selector, etc. as per the user requirements.
Environment: Siebel Analytics 7.x, SQL Server 2005, Windows NT.