Expertise and approach
- Solutions Architecture and Software Management leadership for numerous firms, experienced both as internal Executive or Project Manager and within Management Consulting Advisory partnerships.
- Specialization: Analytics Delivery Management, Software Development Leadership, Operational Restructurings, Management Advisory.
- Experience Summary: I tend to be invited, over time, to every meeting.
- Definition of Solutions Architect, etc.:
- Front-dooring of projects: demand management, requirements rationalization, t-shirt size estimates, capacity and resource planning, initial technical architecture blueprints, and carving efforts up into manageable SDLC project deliverables.
- Liaison to CXOs, standards boards enterprise architecture, compliance, controls, centers of excellence , all-shore vendor management, PMO.
- Delivery, delivery delivery.
- Specializations: client-facing engagement direction, proposal writing, product development, analytics, operations, strategy, and technology evangelizing.
- Chief Enterprise Architect for the Office of the Chief Medical Examiner for New York City Homeland Security 9/11 Grant recipient
- Over Sixty Media and financial clients served see References below .
- Enterprise Analytics including predictive and behavioral modeling working group membership at Prudential.
- Lead Solutions Architect for Fannie Mae, Washington, DC.
- Global Solutions Manager for SunGard Data Systems, Inc.
- Extensive Industry Expert Committee Membership and Independent Research details below .
- Numerous tens of millions winning proposals and grants written.
- Enterprise Architecture Council Member for Prudential, JPMorganChase, DoubleClick, Hearst Media, Questus, Dennis Publishing, Merrill Lynch, Questrade, Cablevision, Fidelity Investments, Sandler ONeill, Marsh McLennan/OWG, Fannie Mae, SunGard, Perry Capital and technology strategy for numerous startups.
Enterprise Analytics architect
- Member of firm-wide Analytics predictive, behavioral, machine learning, modeling, big data , etc. Hub service creation, oversight, PMO, and implementation teams. Management of Technical Working Group and platform standup of analytics reference architecture and use cases.
- Liaison to Prudential CIO Roundtable and reporting to Leveraging Opportunities Enterprise Executive Management.
- Advisory to all business units Annuities, Group, Investments, Retirement, Individual Life, Digital, etc. on use of platform, data science, data management, tooling, and managed services within analytics projects.
- Member of Digital Analytics core implementation team.
- Confidnetial Chief Enterprise architect
- Member of Advisory Board. Dual reporting accountability to both the Mayoral Office of New York City and U.S. Department of Homeland Security for disaster operations .
- Operational, Application and Data Solutions Architecture for:, Medico-Legal crime scene Investigations, Pathology, Forensic Bio, Identification, Anthropology, SIDS/SUID Research, NYPD Missing Persons Reports data clustering, Communications and Transportation.
- Analytical models for missing persons clustering, antemortem/postmortem matching, time series of case arrivals, operational and management metrics, system utilization, etc.
- Architecture and Program Mgt. for Financial Services hedge funds, banks, exchanges, brokers, software firms and Media agency, digital, print, marketing, social and search software and analytics delivery.
- Product Development of eReceipting platform, cloud-based services bought by Barclays Bank , and attending web and mobile applications iOS, Monotouch .
- Multichannel Responsive web and app architecture for Universal Orlando vacation planning digital property.
- Auction and Bank IPO delivery platforms in C .NET.
- Analytics platform for web / app purchase behavior models.
- Core Architecture and Delivery team member one of four for FannieMae Enterprise wide Architecture software, delivery, Testing as a Service, and Cloud Infrastructure .
- Instrument trading, execution, reporting and analytics architecture for industry leading online broker.
- Business Intelligence architecture and development and Business Process Management for large Asset Managers.
- Technical Due Diligence for Digital Media Private Equity firms. Clickstream, time series, and complex network analytics. Data Modeling and implementations in R/Splus, SQL Server and KDB . Mergers and acquisitions integration fitness and valuation. Social Networking metrics and architecture design incorporating affiliate marketing data collection as well as Google analytics, Adwords, FacebookAPI, Webtrends, Coremetrics, iOS, Android and Windows Mobile App, predictive modeling and buyer behavior models, and data auctions.
- Executive Management, PMO and Architecture Council Member overseeing over 100MM in annual software and service delivery globally to financial services and media clients.
- Established global PMO for delivery and professional services, including standardized offshoring models and ratecards.
- PMO initiation, evangelization, and implementation for PMBOK-based process models and complete metrics-based risk assessment framework.
- Lead architect for compliance and regulatory benchmarking client facing projects, STAC, ORX and Kriex based and business process reengineering for operation risk metrics.
- J2EE Architect for NYBOT eCOPS project commodity exchange and cash market content, document management and supply chain integration.
- Enterprise Architecture on CSA program, SOA and ASP based APIs in C .NET, C , and Java. Peer review of 4-level standardization, code reviews of architecture and FLOSS-based methodology for trading, data feed, and analytics.
- Clientele: JPMorganChase, Wachovia, TIAA-CREF, Citigroup, New York Board of Trade, Meridian, Bank of America, Fidelity Investments, AlphaMetrix LLC, Lattice Trading, Pentwater Capital, New Vernon Capital.
skills and TLAs
- Without unduly clogging the above, here are the acronyms in one place as promised
- Object Oriented Analysis and Design, iOS, Monotouch, CocoaTouch, XCODE, C /C , K/KDB /Q, COM /DNA/C .NET, XML/XSLT, Java, modern distributed architecture design and development using emerging technologies, SOA. MTS, MSMQ, ATL, STL, IIS, ISAPI, ASP, CORBA and MOM architectures, EAI, Data Warehousing DM, ODS, OLAP design patterns, SQL Server, Oracle, Access, DB2/UDB and Pick ODBMS, B2B and SCI frameworks RosettaNet/ECIX, NYBOT/NCA , Java 1.2 RMI, Swing, Infobus remember that one , JMS, JNI , JINI, and JVM internals, ORM, ORBs, TCP/IP, TAPI, Sockets, STRUTS, SAX/DOM, DOM4J, ActiveX, MFC, Mathematica, R, Maple, Sharepoint WSS and MOSS , Micro Focus Object COBOL, Rogue Wave, APL, APL2, APLPC, APL PLUS, x86 Assembler, Concurrent Language Models, Win32 API and Win SDK and all the old DOS and some mainframe stuff. Extensive technical experience in .NET, C /COM /DNA, EJB/J2EE, Web Services WSDL, UDDI, SOAP, etc. , Robomon, HLLAPI, ILog, Jlog.
- Numerous ERP, Content and Sales Force Management Systems.
- Developed executive frameworks and metrics EVA, Balanced Scorecard using proprietary approaches to TCO and ROI standardization and measurement. EIS and BI. UML/RUP, SEI CMM, MSF, SEI CMM, ITIL, PRINCE2, Six Sigma, ISO 9000/1/4, Agile Methodologies XP, Scrum, MSF, AUM, etc. , Evo, BPM.
- Co-chair of new OASIS edXML Committee
- Numerous IT control and compliance frameworks COSO IC/IF, Trust Services, Cobit 4.0, Sarbannes-Oxley SOX sections , HIPAA, GLBA, SAS 70, and numerous security standards ISO 17799, ISF, IIA SAC, GAISP, OCTAVE, ISFetc. , XBRL-GL. SEI CMM and ISO 9000-based progressive development procedures, Change Management, Risk Assessment, and QA/Testing.
- Cardiology Medical Record System and Web-based Expert System, using .NET, Rational Unified Process RUP , COM published IEEE as Intelligent Systems, Medical Best Practices, and Healthcare for IEEE TCCM initiative, 2002. Links: http://lsd.uni-mb.si/cmtcn, http://www.computer.org/tab/tclist/tccm.htm.
- AI ANNs, GA/GP, CA, Case Based Reasoning, Expert Systems, Small World Networks and Game Theory .
- Actuarial Programmer. Responsible for systems analysis and product development for interest-sensitive life, including file maintenance, cash value calculation, new money processing, asset-share testing and core APL, COBOL, BASIC, and FORTRAN programming. asset-liability matching and cash-flow projections of asset-backed securities and CMO traunches. Judged the daily bidding of large > 1.5 M annuity and state lottery cases. C and APL programming and systems design for coordination of NYS Regulation 126 Certification at year end.