IT Manager - Windows Applications
- Supervised and set priorities for team of Windows Server Administrators. Along with team, provided daily technical support of COTS business applications and servers, across several company departments.
- Generated savings for company by reducing vendor/developer support and maintenance cost.
- Improved performance and reliability of applications by migrating from physical servers to VMWare virtual servers.
- Responsible for application installation, upgrades and patching.
- Resolved application and server performance issues.
- Consistent team and personal goal of providing outstanding customer service
- Performed Storage Area Network administration in a multi-protocol, multi-vendor environment, Duties included volume and LUN management, server connectivity via iscsi, nfs, cifs and fcp, as well as, fiber channel switch zoning and port management.
- Improved reliability and protection of enterprise data
- Reduced inefficient use of storage on individual Windows and HP UX servers
- Accountable for over 50 terabytes of enterprise data located on EMC CX340 and Netapp FAS3140 storage systems.
- Provided Microsoft SQL Server Database Administration for client/server applications.
- Reduced server and licensing cost by implementing a corporate Microsoft SQL Server also improving reliability and data integrity
- Responsible for over 50 production and development databases
- Created databases, tables and views, managed security, managed SQL Server jobs and configured database maintenance plans.
- Used SQL Server Integration Services to perform data migration tasks
- Implemented SQL Server Reporting Server to provide a standard and centralized tool for routine and ad-hoc reporting.
- Provided daily support of Microsoft Internet Information Server 6 and Microsoft SQL Server 2005 for corporate Intranet.
- Migrated Intranet from IIS 5 to IIS 6.
- Migrated COR and purchasing systems from Lotus Domino to MS SQL Server.
- Worked closely with Intranet developers to resolve site and application issues.
Industrial Systems Consultant
Worked with plant personnel on defining requirements for a Manufacturing Execution System. Served as Project Manager and Programmer/Analyst for upgrade of a mission critical Human Machine Interface, shop floor application.
Industrial Systems Programmer/Analyst
Provided technical support for Visual Manufacturing ERP system. Including windows server administration. Developed several HMI systems using Wonderware, Microsoft Visual Basic and Microsoft SQL Server.
Responsible for day to day support of desktop applications. Trained users on desktop software applications and provided personal computer technical support.
Microsoft Windows Server 2000/2003/2008
Microsoft Windows xp/7/8
Microsoft SQL Server 2005/2008
Oracle 10g - Client connectivity
Storage Area Networks
Cisco MDS9140 Fiber Channel Switches
McData Fiber Channel Switch
Microsoft Office Suite
VMWare vSphere Client
Telnet, FTP, RDP, Putty