VP Technical Lead I/TS Mobile/Remote Deposit Services
- Joined the team to design and architect a project called 'No Scanner Down'. This solution is minimize the amount of downtime due to a system failure.
- Designed and architected a J2EE solution to direct check scanning branch sites into predefined data centers, with failover, failback an load balancing capabilities.
- The solution is a URL redirector based on requesting IP address and system state.
- The database load balances uses 'Data Guard' between four Oracle 11g databases. one way replication
- Used Glassfish 4.0 for developing J2EE servlet redirector using EJB3 Timer Beans, Stateless Session Beans, Singleton Beans, AJAX, HTM5, XSD, XML, JAXB, xjc compiler, JQuery and deployed on Websphere 7, JDK 1.7. Subversion, Eclipse, Netbean 7.1.1, Toad for Oracle
- Used DevOps for checking out, building of the code and deployment to dev, qa or production environments.
- Design and architected statistical components to evaluate systems resiliency and reconciliation of batches with down stream systems.
- Installed/built/managed portal to control and monitor mobile remote deposits and branch capture volume/flow and reporting mechanisms. Apache 8.0 and Glassfish 4.0 Portal
- Production Environment:
1 F5's BigIP for managing WIPS and VIPS. we used AppViewX to redirect traffic
2 data centers. 1 west, 1 east
3 WebServers load balancing and SSO, per data center.
- 12 AIX boxes application servers per data center running WebSphere 7.
- Each WebSphere instance consisted of 7 JVM's.
- Oracle 11g databases per datacenter.
- L3 Tools: Interscope, Splunk 5.0 built dashboards to show system flow, component volume, exceptions , several cron jobs to monitor batch states, and Blue Stripe
- Ran morning 'Touch Base' meeting to discuss current issues, upcoming fixes/patches, manage changes between adjoining systems. Delegate responsibilities to people on my team.
- Duties consists of working with network engineers, database administrators, application owners, etc.to solve processing issues and enhance system resiliency and performance.
- Branches started coming on line in December 2011 and all branches were online by June 2013. 5700 branches total very large volumes 650 items/sec .
- Created and consumed an abundance of web services. Converted WSDL's to java as well as XSD's, used Apache CXF, JAXB MOXy .
Senior Software Engineer
- Design and developing code for new online brokerage initiative. Very large Java/J2EE development environment using Maven, Hudson, Subversion, Spring Source Tool Suite, Websphere 6.1, Rational Application Developer RAD , Eclipse, using Agile design philosophy. Duties consist of participate in daily scrums, design and refactor components, work with business to validate design.
- Spring core, used auto wiring of components, and aspects for cross cutting functionality.
- Maven - Used in conjunction with Sonatype repository, Hudson, and subversion for a continuous build environment. Parent pom.xml was used to keep many subprojects orderly.
- Daily Scrum meetings.
- As an E-Commerce Architect, I am working with the integration of Merrill Lynch into Bank of America, as well as an initiative to move all related e-commerce systems to a Service Oriented Architecture SOA in order to provide online banking with a stable resilient platform from which to build upon. Used IBM 'Rational Software Architect', RSA to build Component Business Models/Business Process Model using UML use cases, sequence diagrams and flow diagrams. I also designed web services WSDL/XSD to communicate with IFW compliant services. Facilitated meetings between business owners/Architects/Team Leads and developers to formulize business directions.
- Two Main Projects:
1. Accounts Overview main accounts view on bankofamerica.com.
2. Funds Transfer the ability to transfer funds between accounts.
- Developed SAD Solutions Architecture Document , which incorporated many component diagrams, flow charts.
- Architected a cookie strategy for managing online users.
Senior Software Engineer
- Providing enhancements to corporate wide messaging/notification service and password reset packages.
- Microsoft Visual Studio 2005 - C , SQL Server Management Studio 9.0, Java 1.6
- Upgraded Notification system from SQL 2000 to SQL 2005, converted DTS to SSIS packages, upgraded database schema and jobs.
- Middleware Owner OFX Transaction Server
- Designed, developed, managed server performing OFX request/responses, for PFM Clients, MS Money, Quicken and mobile phone. Server performs account balances, fund transfers, bank statement, credit card transactions, and securities transactions/balances. Duties consist of integration with internal bank components, architectural advise, design and development. Technologies consists of Java 1.5, Websphere 6.1, JSP's, Servlets, XML, Oracle 10, JDBC, MyEclipse. Swing, SWT, and ANT, Hibernate. I architected a complete redesign, moved system to J2EE Websphere from a Corba server. Production support, migrated code from dev to qa to production. Integrated code with internal and external vendors. Built a component that marshalls/unmarshalls xml using JAXB.
I designed and developed bond trades confirmation reports, which involved the understanding of Bonds and implementing the calculations of Bond Yields, using JDK 1.4, JDBC, Data Access Objects, XML, Solaris born shell scripting. Additionally, I developed a web based Weblogic 8.1 flexible customer statement reporting solutions, using JSP's, Servlets, JMS, Sybase, XSL, XML, LOG4j, LDAP, and GLOSS settlement system infrastructure. I also, designed and developed the backend of a 'FIST Trading System', which entailed designing an ftp client, a database state and record management component, and a couple of system monitoring components. Also, I refactored an 'end of day' accounting process using java and Bash shell scripts. Solution entailed moving 36 finance and accounting tables from Sybase to MS SQL Server, and moving java processing to stored procedures/temp tables. The solution was optimized from 3 hours to 45 minutes.
Worked on a development team of four, and one architect on the OvaClear project. As a team, we designed and developed using SCRUM a highly visible J2EE project and the first of its kind for LabCorp. Used IBM Websphere Studio Application Developer WSAD along with Cruise Control, Websphere, Struts, JUnit, JAXP, XML Schema, XML, JDBC, JDO, Log4J, Sybase, ANT, and LDAP Authorization/Authentication to develop an intranet site to manage blood samples sent to and from a Correlogic spectrometer which analyses the samples to determine with 99 accuracy of ovarian cancer.
Senior Software Engineer
Worked on a team of 3 developers designing and developing a 'Vehicle Distribution System' using genetic algorithms to optimize the best distribution solution of vehicles. Successfully deployed at 'General Motors' and in production. Also, designed and developed the update server to download the latest vehicle prices and product updates. Used JDK1.4, Cloudscape, JBuilder 4, JDBC, Java Swing, Apache Tomcat servlet server, ANT, and SSL Secure Socket Layer . Obfuscated production code which was stored in source safe and built Installation CD using InstallShield.
Senior Software Engineer
Worked on a team of 12 developers developing, maintaining and refactoring a content management system. Used JBuilder 2 and Rational Rose to design and build additional functionality this content management system, which is incorporated into one of the largest CAD systems on the market. Very large object oriented based system written in JAVA as the client, C on the server, and Iona Corba as the middleware. The system ran on Windows NT-2000, Solaris, AIX, and IRIX. Duties consisted of recommending architectural and product enhancements to the system and teaching object oriented concepts to team members as well as designing and implementing software components utilizing Java Swing, and internally designed components.
Object Modeler/Architect/Software Engineer
Designed and developed an online financial advisory system using Rational Rose, UML, Design Patterns, Bea's Weblogic Server 5.1 using container managed EJB's Some Bean Managed . Used SOAP as our transport layer. Used JNI and C to interface to a DLL which computes a Monte Carlo simulation run through JavaSpaces on 24 dual processor machines. Duties consisted of interfacing Enterprise Java Beans EJB's object model using Java Native Interface JNI to a Monte Carlo dynamic link library DLL , develop Enterprise Java Beans, tweak soap request and responses, configure Java Spaces, built a FTP utility to download stock prices and co-lead a team designing a financial advisory framework using Unified Modeling language UML to build object models.
Software Consultant DigitalESP
As team lead for the Money Movement Project, Gathered requirements, developed 'Use Cases', Object Model, and Sequence diagrams within Rational Rose. Used Java Server Pages JSP's on the client to communicate with a websphere server. Short Project
Senior Software engineer on the 'Electronic Commerce 2000' project. Designed and Developed Java Components using Visigenic Corba 2.3, Toplink and Oracle 8. Designed Object Models and Sequence diagrams in Rational Rose, and developed code with JBuilder 2 and VisualAge for Java 2.0. Used Strong Object Oriented Principals and Patterns. Responsible for designing and implementing the Billing System component and maintaining and enhancing the event management component. Followed the Rational Unified Process 4 1 Model and Use Cases .
General Banking System Support
Web banking. Mentored two developers in C . Developed Intranet/Internet web sites. Senior developer on the beginning phases of the Internet/Intranet development team. Made Enhancements and refactored a Multi-threaded real-time object oriented online web banking C application using IBM MQSeries and Corba.