To obtain a challenging position in a growth oriented organization that will enable me to utilize my experience and skills for organizational growth and help me reach higher echelons.
- 7 years of experience in IT industry having strong skills in SQL Server Administration and Production support.
- Installation, configuration and maintenance of MS SQL Server 2000,2005,2008,2008R2, 2012 and 2014 Database.
- Good understanding of SQL server architecture and databases design.
- Provide Active Directory and Group policy management and support.
- Manage domain, user/computer objects, accounts, and permissions
- Perform day - to-day break-fix, troubleshooting Windows related issues, performance issues, etc.
- Checking the status of Backup troubleshooting the failed backups and Restoration of databases.
- Creating and implementing Disaster Recovery Plan.
- Experience in performing regular Backups and scheduling tasks.
- Migration of databases between the servers.
- Administering Large Databases from capacity planning to database design and maintenance.
- Experience in creating databases based on functional requirements and system design.
- Managing Security (Creating users, logins and roles, granting permissions).
- Ensuring Data consistency in the database through DBCC commands.
- Monitoring Database performance and optimizing performance.
- To analyze long running slow queries and tune the same to optimize application and system performance.
- Expert database engineer; noSQL and relational data modeling, object-relational integration (ORM), physical design/tuning. Specialized with Oracle and Cassandra.
- Good Experience to configured High Availability like Log Shipping, DBMorring and Replication.
- Monitoring SQL Server log shipping, Replication.
- Providing connectivity and troubleshooting of connectivity problems.
- Providing 24/7 On-Call support for critical production database.
- Creating Weekly and Monthly analysis reports for the Database Growth And Performance Statistics.
- Participation of team meeting on a by-weekly basic for a discussion on the ongoing
- Perform other SQL Server DBA responsibilities as needed.
- Having Good knowledge in Microsoft Business Intelligence Tool using BI Tools (SSIS,SSRS, SSAS).
Database Tools: SSMS SQL Server Enterprise Manager, SQL Profiler, Query Analyzer, SQL Agents, SQL Alerts, SQL Jobs, SQL Mail, SQL Client Configuration utility
Program Languages: Visual Basic, C, SQL
Operating Systems: Windows 2000/2003/XP/ 2007/2008/2010.
Database: MS ACCESS, SQL Server 2000/2005/2008/2008 R2/2012 and 2014
Query Language: T-SQL
Functional Skills: Strong MYSQL DBA experience.
Database Tools: MySQL Workbench, MySQL Toad, MySQL Migration Toolkit, MySQL GUI Tools- MySQL Query Browser and MySQL Administrator, MySQL Persona toolkit.
Good experience in: database administration, design & architecture. Wherever required, need to train other team members in MySQL
Environment: Windows Server 2008, Cassandra, SQL Server 2008R2/2012 and 2014
- Extensive experience with various backup and recovery methods - MYSQL dump, enterprise backup, percona xtrabackup..
- Used MySQL workbench, query browser utilities
- MySQL best practice engine, demon variable configuration and optimization
- Designed and implemented a Cassandra noSQL based database and associated RESTful web service that persists high-volume user profile data for vertical teams.
- Migrated high-volume OLTP transactions from Oracle to Cassandra in order to reduce Oracle licensing footprint.
- Created architecture stack blueprint for data access with noSQL; used as the technical basis for new Cassandra projects.
- Lead role in noSQL column family design, client access software, Cassandra tuning; during migration from Oracle based data stores.
- Configured Transactional replication between Primary Server and Read-Only servers, with separate Distributor server and experience in troubleshooting replication problems.
- Implemented and documented proactive monitoring scripts for production databases.
- Used custom scripts to help automate routine tasks such as Maintain Operators, Alerts, Notifications, Jobs, Job Steps and Schedules.
- Performed Partitioning on very large database.
- Creating and managing schema objects such as tables, views, index, and stored procedures.
- Done performance tuning for the poorly running databases on SQL Server.
- Extensively used Reporting Services (SSRS) for creating Reports.
- Experience in working with Request Tracking System for ticketing.
- Provided 24/7 on-call support
Confidential, New York, NY
Team Member - SQL DBA
Environment: Windows Server 2008,SQL Server 2008R2
- Responsible for MySQL installation, configuration setup. Developed and maintained Development, Test and Production MySQL Databases on Linux/Unix/Windows(LUW) platforms.
- Migrated databases and managed the location of database files, log files and their sizes.
- Granted appropriate roles and permissions to database users.
- Provided 24/7 on-call supportsfor the clients.
- Performed MySQL Replication setup and administration on Master-Slave and Master-Master.
- Increased database performance by utilizing MySQL configure changes, multiple instances and by upgrading hardware.Migrated and validated users and logins in the new environment.
- Monitored and tuned databases to meet the performance and availability requirements of on-line systems and multiple applications.
- Good communication who can drive independently and interact with business teams.
- Status Reporting and attitude to adapt multiple RDBMS environment.
Team Member - SQL DBA
Environment: Windows Server 2007 Enterprise Edition,SQL Server 2005,T-SQL
- Installing, Configuring and Administering SQL server 2005
- Designing Database and estimation of future requirements.
- Database performance tuning for optimal results.
- Developed Backup strategies for Database Recovery.
- Performing Database maintenance activities like Backups, Restoring, and Reindexing etc.
- Ensured back-up procedures executed without failure
- Creating Maintenance plans and jobs for automation of the repetitive task
- As a part of the DBA team providing 24/7 production support to the clients
- Monitoring the Scheduled jobs
- Ensuring high availability of the database exploiting the concepts of clustering, replication, Log shipping etc.
- Monitoring the Disk spaces on all the servers.
- Checking the general Health of the servers for identifying Bottlenecks
- Analyzing, Identifying and Resolving performance issues of the server
- Planning, administration, and implementation of Transactional Replication on MS SQL Server Databases.
Confidential, San Jose, CA
Environment: Windows Server 2007,SQL Server 2008
- Implemented Database mirroring for High Availability
- Maintained various databases for Production and Testing using SQL Server 2005.
- Worked with SQL Server Profiler.
- Involved in Monitoring Performance of different production servers.
- Planning the location of data, index, and Transaction log files on the disk.
- Performance tuning, and Optimization of Stored Procedures and Queries.
- Created the backup and restore strategy for production and development environment.
- Created Database Maintenance Planner for the Performance of SQL Server which covers Database Integrity Checks, Update Database Statistics and Re-indexing.
- Migrated DTS packages to SSIS packages.
- Experience in creating and executing SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS) packages.
- Involved in Migration of Reporting Servers from SQL Server 2000 to SQL Server 2005.
- Managing schema objects such as tables, views, indexes, procedures, triggers & maintaining Referential Integrity depending on user requirements and converting them into technical specifications.
- Involved in Data Security by maintaining and giving granular permissions to the users/login as needed, enforcing the password policies and by creating proxy accounts.
- Implemented Data, Transaction and tail log backups & restoration strategies.
- Performing fine Tuning of Database Application. Cleansing and solving Database troubles.
- Administering server by creating user logins with appropriate roles, dropping and locking the logins, monitoring the user accounts, creation of groups, granting the privileges to users and groups.
- .NET Developers/Architects Resumes
- Java Developers/Architects Resumes
- Informatica Developers/Architects Resumes
- Business Analyst (BA) Resumes
- Quality Assurance (QA) Resumes
- Network and Systems Administrators Resumes
- Help Desk and Support specialists Resumes
- Oracle Developers Resumes
- SAP Resumes
- Web Developer Resumes
- Datawarehousing, ETL, Informatica Resumes
- Business Intelligence, Business Object Resumes
- MainFrame Resumes
- Network Admin Resumes
- Oracle Resumes
- ORACLE DBA Resumes
- Other Resumes
- Peoplesoft Resumes
- Project Manager Resumes
- Quality Assurance Resumes
- Recruiter Resumes
- SAS Resumes
- Sharepoint Resumes
- SQL Developers Resumes
- Technical Writers Resumes
- WebSphere Resumes
- Hot Resumes