Objective:Sql Server database administrator in an enterprise environment.
Sql Server 2000, 2005, 2008, 2008 R2 , Oracle 10g, Backup/Restore, Clustering, SAN, Raid, Mirroring, Log Shipping, Replication, Disaster Recovery DR , Security, Kerberos, Indexing, Performance Tuning, SQL Profiler, Troubleshooting, Maintenance, Patching, Upgrading, Windows Server 2003/2008, DB Design, T-SQL Development, Service Broker, ETL, SSIS, SSAS, SSRS, Data Warehousing/BI
- Developed complex T-SQL triggers/stored procedures to maintain inter-company GL accounts in MS Great Plains reduced account setup errors by 95 .
- Designed and implemented a Data Warehouse to capture key operational data enabled new insight into 14 million in transmission expenses previously impossible to analyze.
- Designed and implemented an ETL system to support a Data Warehouse project experienced in tuning SSIS packages for high performance data loads.
- Corrected serious performance issues by optimizing existing systems postponing 50,000 in planned hardware purchases for two years.
- Responsible for loading all financial data during MS Great Plains implementation accurately loaded all historical financial transactions ahead of schedule, reducing project costs by 32,000.
- Proactively tuned and optimized indexes, sql statements and stored procedures delighted users and earned the nickname of Performance Czar
- Planned, configured and maintained Sql Server 2005, Sql Server 2008 and Sql 2008 R2 clusters.
- Mentored junior developers in data normalization and DB design best practices.
- Responsible for evaluation, testing and application of hot-fixes and service packs across development, QA and production environments.
- Extensive knowledge of Kerberos authentication successfully implemented constrained delegation in a MOSS 2010/SSRS/SSAS environment.
- Migrated multiple 100 GB databases to new SAN drives with less than 10 seconds downtime each.
Application Support/Reporting Analyst
- Considered the go-to person for critical information needs relied upon by executives to deliver timely and accurate data. Recognized across the organization as a key resource and team player.
- Developed Crystal Reports and Excel solutions to reduce backorders and increase fulfillment rate.
- Wrote complex queries in T-SQL and pl/sql for ad hoc reports.
- Implemented Excel based solution to streamline product profitability analysis eliminated manual process and reduced time to compile results from 3 days to 4 hours.
- Provided Tier 1 support for Oracle based forecasting/MRP software.
- Provided backup database support for lead programmer/dba