- 7 Years of extensive experience in Analysis, Design, Development, Maintenance, Production Support, Coding, Testing, Documentation, Quality Assurance and Implementation of IBM Mainframe applications on full life cycle projects using COBOL, IMS, Focus, JCL, ESYTRIEVE, DB2, CICS, VSAM, FTP,TELON,SAS Expertise in IMS.
- Currently working as a Technical Analyst for Cognizant.
- Worked extensively with COBOL, IMS DB, Focus Screens, TELON, SAS, DB2, CICS, JCL, VSAM and EASYTRIEVE Plus.
- Very good knowledge of Health Care Domain and iterative Software Development Life Cycle SDLC .
- Have actively involved in launching various life annuity products by following end to end business procedures.
- Good in Technical Documentation.
- Extensive knowledge of the entire Software Development Cycle right from Requirement Gathering, Converting Business requirements into Technical specifications, Impact Analysis, Root cause Analysis for problems or incidents, Estimation, Design High Level and Detail, Code development, Maintenance, and support, Unit testing and Integration Testing to User Documentation.
- Identifies production issues related to Front End processing and ensures accurate tracking and reporting of these issues.
- Extensive experience in reviews for Technical Requirements, Impact Analysis, application Design and code walkthroughs.
- Extensive experience in using Microsoft Technologies like Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Very energetic, hardworking and highly self-motivated team player with strong problem solving skills and very good communication and leadership skills.
- Strong leadership qualities, capable of handling and managing the teams. Very good at building team motivation/spirit and guiding the team to success.
- Quick learner and keen observer, determining external internal customer needs and well versed in internal external relationship building. Good team worker and like to be part of a team, which always tries to explore out of box. Flexible, dynamic and self-motivated with a flair for taking calculated risks and achieving success. Attention to detail, timeline sensitive and ability to manage technology projects from inception to transition.
- Proven ability to work efficiently in both independent and team work environments. Energetic and perseverant self-starter known for exceeding goals and objectives.
- Awarded Associate of the Month Spotlight Award from Cognizant.
IBM OS/390 Z/OS
MVS/ESA, Windows XP/NT/95/98.
|DB2, IMS DB|
FILEAID, QMF,XPEDITOR,CHANGEMAN,ENDEAVOR, REXX
Role: Associate Tech Lead in Offshore Technical Analyst Onsite
- In the 1940s, some commercial insurance companies were offering combined hospital-medical coverage. Several state medical societies also developed plans that would cover doctors' services, as well as hospital costs. They used the Blue Shield as a symbol.
- In Minnesota, a group of physicians organized Minnesota Medical Service Inc., popularly known as Minnesota Blue Shield, in 1945. Minnesota Blue Cross and Minnesota Blue Shield operated closely with each other in the 1950s, but became competitors in the 1960s, with Blue Cross creating its own medical plan and Blue Shield establishing a hospital plan. The two companies merged in 1972.
- One of the ongoing Challenges for BlueCross BlueShield of Minnesota is to maintain all the development, maintenance and support activities for all the non-claims applications. The system majorly comprises of the mainframe batch applications, online applications and web based portals. From the Mainframe perspective the project involves providing production support and maintenance for all batch applications and enhancing the existing applications.
- The production support involves monitoring all mainframe jobs, fixing online and batch abends, implementing urgent business requests and performance optimization. The enhancements involve incorporating new business rules into the system, making changes into the system for complying with Federal mandates and improvising the existing process.
- Receiving KT from the application owners and preparing the Maintenance Process Handbook for various Mainframe applications maintained by BCBS.
- Onsite tech lead for various portfolios like Electronic Enrollment, Finance and Customer Service.
- Requirement gathering, Analysis, Design, Coding, Unit Testing, System testing and Implementation of various enhancements using COBOL, JCL, TELEON, Focus, VSAM, IMS DB/DC, DB2, CICS, etc.
- Monitoring all Mainframe batch jobs, Handling Production issues and fixing batch and online abends based on level of Severity Sev1, Sev2, Sev3, Sev4 .
- Coordinating with End Users to resolve Production Tickets within the stipulated SLA guidelines.
- Leading a 10 member team, assigning them work, reviewing the code and Unit Test results.
- Creating Weekly and Monthly status reports for the Production Support Activity and the enhancements.
- Estimation of all the Mainframe enhancements using Complexity Point Estimation methodology.
- Assisting the business in answering the technical questions and completing various service requests or Change Requests for them.
Technologies: COBOL, DB2, Focus, JCL, Telon, VSAM, COBOL RPC, IMS DB/DC, CICS, REXX, CLIST, SAS, SQL, Syncsort , Endevor, File-Aid, CA7, MQ Series, Platinum, IBM Utilities, QMF, IMS Expert, Neon Shadow AND MS-EXCEL.
Role: Software Engineer
- Involved in two different projects since the time I joined Patni Computers in two years.
- G.E.M. - A Assure:
- Quality Assurance plays a very vital role of migrating the client requirement changes to Production. Some of major tasks which come under its control are doing a complete Technical Review, Certification, Release Management, Enterprise Testing and some Database management activities.
- The application changes forms comprise of PR/IR and its elements change. Change Control No. and Suffix is a unique combination. This number is a must for every time when the elements undergo a change. The elements are staged with a Change Control No. The approval process takes place based on the CCN No. There could be no. of RFS for a given CCN No. Similarly, there could be no. of elements attached with a single CCN No while staging.
- After the process of staging is completed the elements are migrated to production within the timelines specified by the application teams.
- GEM- A-APPS :
- APPS Application System is a system that receives application for credit cards and processes the same. Depending upon the credit rating of the applicant, it accepts, rejects or holds the application. The objective of the project is to carry out work assigned by the customer, as per the specifications laid down by the customer.
- The services provided by APPS are analysis, code construction, testing quality assurance. Batch cycle monitoring, production support Resolve the Incident reports.
- Involved in the Design, Coding, and Unit Testing of all the modules from scratch using COBOL, DB2, JCL and VSAM
- Created flow diagrams and other documents pertaining to the new functionality and this was used for Knowledge Transition to other members in the team
- Coordinated the onshore and offshore calls and maintained all the records using Minutes of Meeting MOM documents
- Set up Test JCLs and Procs for testing in different environments at an average of about 10 JCLs per day for a week.
- Provided Lights on Support for the enhancements
- Involved in implementing the Batch Jobs and online jobs
- Allocated Task to the team Members
- Certification Change control activities.
Technologies: COBOL, JCL, CICS, DB2, IDMS, Xpeditor, VSAM, EASYTRIVE, APC, SPUFI, QMF, File-AID, ABEND AID, MS-WORD AND MS-EXCEL VISIO.