- An accomplished, quality - driven IT professional with 7+ years of experience in design, development and implementation of business requirements as a Microsoft SQL Server 2012/2008/2005 Developer/BI Developer and Database Administrator
- Domain expertise in Consulting, Retail, Telecommunication, Finance and Health Solid experience in BI Solutions (ETL & Reporting) using SSIS, SSAS and SSRS
- Extensive experience on system analysis, design, development, testing and implementation of projects in Software Development Life Cycle.
- Excellent understanding of Relational Database Systems, Normalization, Data Mining, and Data Warehousing.
- Experience in Normalization and De-Normalization techniques for both OLTP and OLAP systems in creating Database Objects.
- Excellent T-SQL programming skills in writing complex queries to Create and Update Database objects such as Tables, Views, Stored procedures, Triggers and User-Defined Functions.
- Designed and developed programs to interact with databases using Unix Shell Scripts
- Extensively used Korn Shell Scripts for doing manipulations of the flat files
- Experience in Error handling and debugging coding issues and troubleshoot production problems.
- Strong Experience with SQL Server Clustering, Mirroring, Log Shipping.
- Designed, tested and debugged external and DB2 native stored procedures. Worked with remote stored procedure calls.
- Extensive experience in developing, deploying and monitoring packages for ETL tasks using SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS) 2008 and excellent understanding SSIS Control Flow items and SSIS Data Flow items
- Experience in implementing Transactions, Logging, Error handlers and XML configuration files to SSIS Packages.
- Transformed data from one server to other servers using tools like Bulk Copy Program (BCP), Data Transformation Services (DTS) and SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS) (2005/2008).
- Experience in developing Custom Reports and Various types of Tabular, Matrix, Ad-hoc, Drill-down, Lists, Charts, Parameterized and Cascading Reports with multiple formatting using SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS) using SQL SSRS 2005/2008/2012/2014.
- Good Understanding ofData warehouse conceptssuch as like Kimball model, Inman model, Star-schema and Snow flake schema.
- Skilled in creating MDX cubes and dimensions and their performance optimization
- Expert at developing ETL interfaces using SSIS and enterprise reports using SSRS utilizing latest versions (2008/2012/2014 ) and features.
- Strong knowledge in Star and Snow-flake schemas and OLAP modeling which involved in creating data source views with added measures, dimensions in SSAS
- Over three years of professional experience in designing, developing, debugging Web-based and Enterprise applications using OOA, OOD, OOPS andJAVA/J2EEtechnologies.
- Monitoring and Performance Tuning; Physical Server Level, Database level (Database settings and options) and query tuning
- Expertise in installing and configuring SQL Server 2005, 2008 and 2008 R2,2012,2014 on Windows
- Environment and managing the database using Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio.
- Excellent knowledge in creating Databases, Tables, Stored Procedure, DDL/DML, Views, User defined data types, Cursors and Indexes using T-SQL
- Thorough Knowledge of Various SSIS Objects such as Dataflow Components, Control Flow Elements, Connections Managers, Runtime Events, Log Providers etc.
- Tuned SQL queries and performed refinement of the database design leading to significant improvement in system response time and efficiency.
- Involved in optimizing code and improving efficiency in database including re-indexing, updating statistics, recompiling stored procedures and performing other maintenance tasks.
RDBMS: SQL Server 2008/2008R2/2014, MS Access
Languages: Basic C++, T-SQL, PL/SQL, Visual Basic 6.0.
Operating Systems: Windows Server 2003, Windows 2000 Advanced Server/Server, Windows NT 4.0, Windows XP, Windows 7, MAC OSX, Linux, Unix
Tools: /Utilities: Enterprise Manager, SQL Server Management Studio (SSMS), Business Intelligence Development Studio (BIDS), Database Tuning Advisor, SQL Profiler, Query Analyzer
Tools: & Packages: SQL Server Management studio, Enterprise Manager, Profiler, Business Intelligence Development studio (BIDS), DTS, ETL, MS Visual Studio 2005/2008/2014
ETL Tools: SSIS, DTS (Data Transformation Services)
Analysis Tools: SSAS
Reporting: SSRS (MS SQL Reporting Service), Crystal Reports, MS Access, Excel, Data Analyzer
Confidential, DALLAS, TX
SQL BI Developer
- MS SQL Server database administration, including configure Scheduled Tasks for regular Database Backup and Maintenance Activities, create and modify tables, stored procedures, various clustered and non-clustered indexes, triggers, check constraints and functions.
- Physical design and implementation SQL Server databases
- Analyzed the Business Requirement Document (BRD) to design a conceptual model to be implemented with T-SQL, SSIS, SSAS and SSRS to develop a solution.
- Created Stored Procedures for complex business process, SQL Agent jobs, and designed tables by following RDBMS rules.
- Administered SQL Server 2008/2014 Management Studio tools including SQL Profiler and Database Engine Tuning Advisor.
- Developed and worked with design, development, implementation and support of ETL processusing SSIS Packages in SQL Server 2008.
- Created Incremental Data Load from various sources into SQL Server Database Engine with ETL Operations
- Worked with a combination of multiple Control Flow Tasks, Data Flow Tasks and Dataflow Transformations to build packages in SSIS packages especially For Loop and For Each Loop containers with Execute SQL and Script Tasks.
- Worked on performance tuning and trouble shooting and able to improve the performance of sql
- Worked with Master SSIS packages to execute a set of packages that load data from various sources onto the Data Warehouse on a timely basis.
- Scheduled and Monitored SQL Server Agent Jobs to run various SSIS packages in SQL Management Studio.
- Developed the OLAP processes for changing and maintaining the Data Warehouse, Optimizing Dimensions and adding new Aggregations to the Cube.
- Worked with Calculations, Key Performance Indicators and Aggregations on SSAS Cubes.
- Analyze, design, develop, unit test, document, and implement reporting applications using SQL Server Reporting Services SSRS and other related technologies.
- Involved in generating Parameterized Tabular and Matrix Reports on data sets imported from SQL server Database Engine and also Analysis Services cubes as well as migrating reports to SQL Reporting Services from Crystal Reports and Microsoft Access.
Environment: SQL Server 2008R2/2012/2014 Enterprise,Management Studio, Business Intelligence Development Studio (SSIS, SSAS, SSRS),Performance Point Server, Microsoft Office Share Point Server, OLTP, OLAP, XML.
Confidential, FOUNTAIN VALLEY, CA
SQL Server developer / DBA
- Designing, Managing and Publishing various Dash boards, score cards using SQL Server Reporting Services
- Created and maintained databases, tables, views, users, logins, indexes, check constraints, and business rules using T-SQL
- Created SQL joins, sub queries, tracing and performance tuning for better running of queries
- Involved in requirement gathering, analysis, design, development, change management, deployment and user training.
- Involved in ER diagrams and mapping the data into database objects.
- Created Linked Servers for data retrieval using OLE DB data sources and providers.
- Wrote Distributed Queries for Linked Servers.
- Created a cube using multiple dimensions and modified the Relationship between a Measure Group and a Dimension, created calculated members and KPI’s, using SSAS.
- Design database Backup and Restoration Strategy
- Setup High-Availability as part Disaster Recovery Strategy for the Databases.(Failover Clustering, Database Mirroring, Log Shipping and Replication)
- Responsible for the installation, configuration, upgrading, administration, monitoring, maintenance, and security of databases
- Troubleshoot various problems that arise in a day-to-day work and fix the issues
Environment: SQL Server 2005/2008 Enterprise Edition, SSAS, SSIS, T-SQL and SSRS
Confidential, EXTON, PA
SQL Server/SSIS /SSRS Developer
- Used ETL (SSIS) to develop jobs for extracting, cleaning, transforming and loading data into data warehouse
- Involved in the Migration of Databases from SQL Server 2005 to SQL Server 2008
- Prepared the complete data mapping for all the migrated jobs using SSIS
- Developed SSIS Packages to perform Data loads from various types of sources files (EXCEL, Access, Flat files)
- Created SSIS Packages using Fuzzy Lookup, Derived Columns, Pivot Transformation, Condition Split, Term extraction, Aggregate, Execute SQL Task, Data Flow Task, and Execute Package Task to generate underlying data for the reports and to export cleaned data from Excel Spreadsheets, Text file, MS Access and CSV files to data warehouse.
- Created SSIS package to transfer data between OLTP and OLAP databases using Incremental Load.
- Designed and developed various types of reports using SSRS
- Worked on formatting SSRS reports using the Global variables and expressions
- Created parameterized reports, Drill down and Drill through reports using SSRS
- Deployedanduploaded the SSRS reportstoSharePoint Serverfor the end users and involved in enhancements and modifications
Environment: Microsoft SQL Server 2005/2008, Windows Server 2003, Windows XP, Microsoft Visio, SQL Server Integration Service (SSIS), SQL Server Reporting Service (SSRS), SQL Server Analysis Service (SSAS).
- Gathered reporting requirements from every department.
- Designed and developed a database to house data from various data sources for all reporting needs.
- Created SSIS packages to extract, transfer and load data into the data warehouse on a daily basis.
- Created and scheduled SQL jobs to run SSIS packages on a daily basis.
- Developed Query for generating drill down reports in SSRS 2008.
- Generated Reports using Global Variables, Expressions and Functions for the reports.
- Created parameterized, drill-down and drill-through reports.
- Created subscription to reports.
- Deployed reports to Reporting Services.
- Involved in De-Normalization of existing tables for faster query retrieval.
- Created complex Stored Procedures, cursors, tables, views and other SQL joins and statements for applications by using T-SQL
- Created complex T-Sql Stored Procedures, Triggers, Functions, Indexes, Tables, Views and other T-SQL code and SQL joins for applications.
- Identified the Data Source and defined them to build the Data Source Views.
- Installed and maintained MS SQL Server 2008.
- Participated in weekly IT status update meetings.
- Maintained very good relationship with client by communicating progress of the project
Environment: Microsoft SQL Server 2005/2008, Windows Server 2003, Windows XP, Microsoft Visio, SQL Server Integration Service (SSIS), SSMS
- Installation and configuration of SQL Server 2000.
- Created and developed stored procedure, Triggers, indexes and functions to handle complex business rules.
- Created users and logins and granted the permissions at server and DB level.
- Managing SQL servers, databases, and storage management.
- Developed DTS packages to transfer the data between SQL server and other database and files.
- Involved in creating E-R diagrams, logical and physical data modeling.
- Partly involved in trouble shooting and debugging errors.
- Developed various Transact-SQL scripts to generate various reporting needs.
- Maintain the applications as per the client requirements.
- Restoring the backup files on different environments (development, test and production).
- Implemented disaster recovery plans (Log shipping).
- Implemented Security which included creating Logins, Users and granting permissions to users.
Environment: Windows server, SQL Server 2000, T-SQL, Reporting services, DTS, MS Access, MS Excel, MS visual source safe.
- .NET Developers/Architects Resumes
- Java Developers/Architects Resumes
- Informatica Developers/Architects Resumes
- Business Analyst (BA) Resumes
- Quality Assurance (QA) Resumes
- Network and Systems Administrators Resumes
- Help Desk and Support specialists Resumes
- Oracle Developers Resumes
- SAP Resumes
- Web Developer Resumes
- Datawarehousing, ETL, Informatica Resumes
- Business Intelligence, Business Object Resumes
- MainFrame Resumes
- Network Admin Resumes
- Oracle Resumes
- ORACLE DBA Resumes
- Other Resumes
- Peoplesoft Resumes
- Project Manager Resumes
- Quality Assurance Resumes
- Recruiter Resumes
- SAS Resumes
- Sharepoint Resumes
- SQL Developers Resumes
- Technical Writers Resumes
- WebSphere Resumes
- Hot Resumes