- 7+ years of IT industry experience in using Microsoft SQL Server 2005/2008/2008 R2/2012 for Database Design, Database Backend - Development, Database Administration, Data Migration and Business Intelligence.
- Expert in using Microsoft Business Intelligence tools namely Integration Services (SSIS), Analysis Services (SSAS) and Reporting Services (SSRS).
- Worked with organizations in diversified domains mainly Banking, Airlines, Retail, Insurance, Construction, Medical and Gas Trading.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills coupled with excellent documentation, verbal and inter-personnel communication skills including the ability to acquaint to fast changing environments.
- ITIL V3 Foundation in IT Service Management
- Excellent understanding of Relational Database Systems,Normalization,Logical/Physical Data Modeling and Data Warehousing.
- Hands on Experience in Installation, Configuration, Managing, Monitoring and Troubleshooting of SQL Server 2005/2008/2008 R2 on different Windows Environments.
- Excellent T-SQL programming skills in writing complex queries to Create and Update Database objects such as Tables, Views, Stored procedures, Triggers and User-Defined Functions.
- Good understanding of Database Architecture concepts related to Pages, Extents, Files, File-Groups, Transaction Logs, Tables and Indexes.
- Hands on Experience in Data Modeling and Master Data Management (MDM).
- Experienced in using SQL Server Management studio tools namely Profiler, Database Tuning Advisor and Performance Monitor for Query Optimization and Performance Tuning.
- Experience in Database Administration work such as setting SQL Server Agent jobs for Backups, developing high availability solutions through Replication and Database Mirroring, creating Maintenance Plans, Maintaining Database Security, etc.
- Experience in building Data Integration and Workflow Solutions for Extracting, Transforming, and Loading data with SSIS packages, DTS and BCP utility.
- Experienced in implementing Incremental Data Load from an OLTP to a staging database for further Analysis.
- Experience in implementing various SSIS features like Event Handling, Precedence Constraints, Break Points, Check Points, and Logging for Complex SSIS Packages.
- Experience in using Talend and good noledge in Master Data Management (MDM).
- Experienced in using VBScript in Integration Services Packages while performing various ETL Operations.
- Experienced in using multiple Control flow and Data flow tasks to build complex SSIS Packages.
- Experience in implementing Transactions, Logging, Error handlers and XML configuration files to SSIS Packages.
- Experience in developing Custom Reports and Various types of Tabular, Matrix, Ad-hoc, Drill-down, Lists, Charts, Parameterized and Cascading Reports with multiple formatting using SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS).
- Good understanding of Other Reporting Service (SSRS) aspects such as Report Authoring, Report Management, Report Delivery and Report Security.
- Good understanding of Data Warehouse Design aspects like Kimball model, Inman model, Star-schema, snow flake schema.
- Good Expertise in developing and extending SSAS cubes, Dimensions, Data source views, SSAS- data mining models including deploying and processing of SSAS objects.
- Experienced in MDX Scripting and Performance Optimization of SSAS cubes.
- Experienced in Designing Scorecards, Dashboard reports using Performance Point Server and Publishing them to Microsoft SharePoint Portals.
- Good Expertise in using Source Control Tools such as Team Foundation Server (TFS) and Visual source safe (VSS) and Subversion (SVN)
RDBMS: Microsoft SQL Server 2000/ 2005/2008/2008 R2/2012, MS Access.
LANGUAGES/SCRIPTS: C, C++, T-SQL, MDX.
MICROSOFT TECHNOLOGIES: MS Office, Enterprise Manager, Query Analyzer, SQL Server Management Studio, Business Intelligence Development Studio, Visual Studio, SharePoint Server
OPERATING SYSTEMS: Win 2000/2008/2012 XP/Vista, MS-DOS, UNIX, Windows Server 2003 Enterprise
TOOLS AND UTILITIES: Crystal Reports, DTS, SSRS, SSIS, SSAS, Visual Source Safe, TFS, Performance point Server, Erwin, SQL Profiler, Database Engine Tuning Advisor, Index Tuning Wizard, SQL Agent, MDM, Maintenance Plans, Security, Replication, OPEN LINK.
Confidential, Charlotte, NC
- Involved in Designing, Developing and Testing of the ETL strategy to populate the data from various source systems feeds using SSIS.
- Designed ETL packages dealing with different data sources (SQL Server, Flat Files) and loaded the data into target data sources by performing different kinds of transformations using SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS).
- Responsible for Designing SSIS processes to import data into the Data Warehouse from Excel spreadsheets, Flat Files and OLEDB Sources.
- Worked on various tasks and transformations like Execute SQL Task, Execute Package Task, and Conditional split, Script Component, Merge and Lookup while loading the data into Destination using SSIS.
- Created stored procedures, Triggers, User-defined Functions, Views for both Online and Batch requests handling business logic and functionality of various modules.
- Responsible for Database and Log Backups & Restoration, Backup Strategies and Scheduling Backups.
- Creating Ad Hoc and parameterized various Reports using SQL server 2005 Reporting Services.
- Created various ad-hoc SQL queries for customer reports, executive management reports and types of report types like tables, matrix, sub reports etc.
- Implemented security to restrict the access to users and to allow them to use only certain reports.
- Has used BCP, BULK INSERT to transfer data from and to SQL server database.
Environment: SQL SERVER 2008, 2012, T-SQL, SSRS, SSIS, SSAS, MS Excel, MS Office, SQL Assistant.
Confidential, Bloomington, IL
SQL Server Developer
- Interacted with Development Teams and Managers to analyze business needs and developed technical specifications.
- Used ER Win for Logical and physical database design or the Customer Management Information System.
- Merged Data from Heterogeneous Data stores and Legacy System implementing SSIS on the System.
- Participated in to Design ETL architecture and processes for near real time loads of insurance and policies related record from different locations.
- Extensively used transformations, control flow tasks, data flow tasks, containers and event handlers.
- Migrated legacy database systems from Oracle, and Access, Excel to SQL Server 2008R2.
- Migrated and Converted Crystal Reports into SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS) by using MS SQL Server Reporting Services.
- Experienced into Tested, Cleaned and Standardized Data meeting the business standards using Fuzzy /exact lookups.
- Organized Error and Event handling by giving Precedence Constraints, Break Points, Check Points, Logging and viewers also.
- Wrote complex T-SQL queries, stored procedures, triggers, cursors and user-defined functions (UDF’s).
- Imported XML data file and put into the desired database.
- Used XML Queries after debugging of SSIS packages and to modify XML Queries written in XML.
- Optimized the performance of queries by Data Manipulations which includes modifications in T-SQL queries, removed unnecessary columns, eliminated redundant and inconsistent data, normalized tables, established Joins and created clustered/non-clustered indexes wherever necessary.
- Installed and configured SQL Server 2008R2, SQL Server Integration Services and SQL Server Reporting Services which were highly efficient to Monitor the Central console and SQL server Instances and detecting problems before effecting transaction of Online users.
- Deployed SQL Server Integration Services and SQL Server Reporting Services, which helped connect its disparate data sources that range from legacy mainframe data to multiple clusters of database server in different format.
- Creating, loading, and modifying a new package or an existing package or add and configure components, making changes object by using Control Flow Tools and Data Flow Tools and then verify it.
- Interviewed Clients and management to identify additional reporting needs Develop report requirements and specifications to meet reporting needs.
Environment: Microsoft Windows 2003 Advanced Server, Microsoft SQL Server 2005 and 2008, Microsoft Visual Basic 6.0, SSIS, SSAS, SSRS, OLAP, performance Point Server.
Confidential, Deerfield, IL
SQL Server/SSIS/SSRS Developer
- Actively involved as part of a team for gathering and analyzing the needs of End User Requirement.
- Created a Database and normalized the database into small tables by applying rules of Normalization, defined Check Constraint and applied Business Rules.
- Involved in designing and creating Tables, Views, Indexes, complex Stored Procedures and Indexes using T-SQL.
- Created views as required by front-end developer for easier implementation on ASP.net pages, and wrote instead-of triggers on those views to provide efficient data manipulation.
- Designed and implemented Data Integration and ETL process with SSIS packages to make data available for reporting purpose within a data warehouse.
- Design/Build Extract Transform Load procedures in SQL Server Integration Services using packages to import/export data feeds to/from data warehouse and claim system
- Designed and developed SQL Server Analysis Services (SSAS) databases and OLAP cubes used in ad-hoc analytic research and automated reporting.
- Involved in designing cubes in SSAS environment using Snowflake and Star Schemas.
- Involved in creating Dimensions, KPI, Measures and calculations.
- Experience using MDX to create named sets, Calulated Members.
- Created and Deployed OLAP cubes. Designed report using EXCEL Spreadsheets.
- Involved in Rebuilding Partitions for cubes. Used BI Cubes and OLAP to extract data
- Involved in creating and deploying reports using SQL Server Reporting Services 2005(SSRS).
- Created Parameterized, Ad hoc, Cross tab, drill down reports using Report Designer.
- Scheduled and implemented security to the reports using Report Manager.
- Performance: Analyzed database performance with SQL Profiler and Optimized indexes to significantly improve queries.
- Configured SQL mail agent for sending automatic emails when a process fails or succeeds.
- Involved in testing, bug fixing and documentation for the project
Environment: MS SQL Server 2008 R2 Enterprise Edition, T-SQL, SSAS, SSIS Packages, SSRS, SQL profiler, Windows 2008R2 Server, ASP.net, SharePoint Server 2010 Enterprise, Java Script, IIS 6.0.
Confidential, Dallas, TX
MS SQL/BI Developer
- Identified, tested, and resolved Database performance issues (monitoring and tuning) to ensure Query optimization.
- Analyzed the Business Requirement Document (BRD) to design a conceptual model to be implemented with T-SQL, SSIS, SSAS and SSRS to develop a solution.
- Administered SQL Server 2008 Management Studio tools including SQL Profiler and Database Engine Tuning Advisor.
- Created complex User Defined Functions to be implemented in many Stored Procedures where the same business logic is required multiple times.
- Worked with design, development, implementation and support of ETL processusing SSIS Packages in SQL Server 2008.
- Involved in Incremental Data Load from various sources into SQL Server Database Engine with ETL Operations.
- Worked with different Control flow tasks in creating SSIS packages especially For Loop and For Each Loop containers with Execute SQL and Script Tasks.
- Worked with a combination of multiple Dataflow Transformations to build packages in SSIS.
- Troubleshooting of processes, issues and errors in SSIS Packages to improve their performance.
- Worked with Master SSIS packages to execute a set of packages that load data from various sources onto the Data Warehouse on a timely basis.
- Extensively used Script Task to establish connection with FTP server and locate the files within the server.
- Scheduling and Monitoring SQL Server Agent Jobs to run various SSIS packages in SQL Management Studio.
- Understanding the OLAP processing for changing and maintaining the Data Warehouse, Optimizing Dimensions and adding new Aggregations to the Cube.
- Involved in generating Parameterized Tabular and Matrix Reports on data sets imported from SQL server Database Engine and also Analysis Services cubes.
- Worked with Report Manager to configure Web URLs, E-mail and also Databases for reports.
- Deployed SSIS packages, SSAS Cubes onto Production Server and SSRS Reports onto Report Manager.
- Designed and implemented Dashboards and Scorecards with business KPIs using Performance Point Server and published them onto the organization’s Microsoft Office Share point Server (MOSS).
Environment: SQL Server 2005/2008 Enterprise, Windows Server 2003 Enterprise, Management Studio, Business Intelligence Development Studio (SSIS, SSAS, SSRS), Erwin, Performance Point Server, Microsoft Office Share Point Server, MS Visual Source Safe, MS-Visual Studio, OLTP, OLAP, XML.
Confidential, Chicago, IL
MS SQL/BI Developer
- Designing and creating new Database objects like Tables, Views, Indexes, Stored- Procedures, User-Defined Functions and Triggers.
- Written and executed complex T-SQL queries using SQL Management Studio for back- end data validation and testing.
- Involved in Physical/logical Data modeling aspects using Erwin to design the required Data Warehouse.
- Implemented Partitions on large Tables and Indexes in SQL Server Database Engine.
- Extensively worked on managing ETL process by pulling large volume of data from OLTP to a staging Database using SSIS for data transformation.
- Implemented Various Error handling and Event Handling Techniques in SSIS to ensure efficient package execution.
- Designed various XML Configuration files to make SSIS packages dynamic with respect to the variables being passed and also to deploy them.
- Worked on various SSIS Packages involving multiple Data flow Transformations like Fuzzy Lookup, Merge Join, Aggregate and Pivot as per the requirement.
- Worked with Script Tasks using VBScript to effectively establish connection with Oracle, Teradata Sources.
- Implemented Lookup, Conditional Split and Derived Column tasks while loading Data from Staging to a Data Ware House.
- Involved in Building a data-warehouse with Dimensions and Fact Tables based on the Business requirements.
- Implemented Different Slowly Changing Dimension methodologies to maintain and update historical data corresponding to Dimension tables in the Data warehouse.
- Developed SSAS Cubes on selected data sources with multiple calculated members using MDX Scripting.
- Used different MDX functions like Parallel Period, Non-Empty Cross-Join, Filter and Ancestor to create calculated members on Fact Tables.
- Generated KPIs with different Measures and Calculated Members by applying business conditions.
- Involved in integrating the SSRS reports into a web application using Report viewer control and then creating Data driven subscriptions to different users using Report Manager.
- Deployed Major reports and SSAS KPIs onto the organization’s SharePoint Server using Performance Point Server.
Environment: MS SQL Server 2008/2005, Windows Server 2003, Management Studio, Business Intelligence Development Studio (SSIS, SSAS, SSRS), Erwin, Performance Point Server, Microsoft Office Share point Server, MS Visual Source Safe, MS-Visual Studio, VB Script, .NET 2.0, OLTP, OLAP, Erwin
Confidential, Kansas City, MO
SQL Server Developer
- Involved in gathering business requirements for analysis and converting them into technical specifications to implement T-SQL and generate reports.
- Developed logical and Physical Data models and written T-SQL scripts using DDL to create database schemas and database objects.
- Created Database Maintenance Plans for an improved performance of SQL Server, which included Database Integrity Checks, Updating Database Statistics and Re-indexing.
- Optimized TSQL queries by removing unnecessary columns, eliminating redundant and inconsistent data, normalizing databases, establishing necessary joins, creating useful clustered index and non-clustered indexes.
- Worked with SQL Profiler and Index tuning wizard to improve query performance based on the Index suggestions.
- Used the DTS Import/Export Wizard to successfully migrate data from different Sources onto SQL Server.
- Involved in altering the Schemas Objects and Stored Procedures as per the changes in business requirements.
- Imported data sets from various format sources like Oracle, Text files, Excel files, HTML XML Files to generate reports in Microsoft Crystal Reports.
- Created stored procedures and functions to use them in Crystal Reports.
- Generated Tabular reports with Drill down functionality in SQL Server Reporting Services 2000.
- Added different Report Formatting options to reports so as to make them visually appealing.
Environment: SQL Server 2000(Enterprise Manager, Query Analyzer, SQL Profiler, Index Tuning Wizard, Data Transformation Services (DTS), Crystal Reports 8.0.
- .NET Developers/Architects Resumes
- Java Developers/Architects Resumes
- Informatica Developers/Architects Resumes
- Business Analyst (BA) Resumes
- Quality Assurance (QA) Resumes
- Network and Systems Administrators Resumes
- Help Desk and Support specialists Resumes
- Oracle Developers Resumes
- SAP Resumes
- Web Developer Resumes
- Datawarehousing, ETL, Informatica Resumes
- Business Intelligence, Business Object Resumes
- MainFrame Resumes
- Network Admin Resumes
- Oracle Resumes
- ORACLE DBA Resumes
- Other Resumes
- Peoplesoft Resumes
- Project Manager Resumes
- Quality Assurance Resumes
- Recruiter Resumes
- SAS Resumes
- Sharepoint Resumes
- SQL Developers Resumes
- Technical Writers Resumes
- WebSphere Resumes
- Hot Resumes