- Over 9+ years of experience with SQL Server Development and Administration, TSQL coding, Performance Tuning, Physical and Logical Database Design.
- 6+ years of experience in Database Administration and Development for very large and Complex databases in SQLServer 2012/ 2008 R 2/2008/2005/2000 comprising OLTP and OLAP environments.
- Experience in all phases of project life cycle, starting from business requirement gathering, analysis, development and testing.
- Hands - on experience with Erwin and strong knowledge of Relational database modeling and Dimensional database modeling concepts, Fact tables, Dimensions and star/snowflake schema implementation.
- Proficient in using T-SQL, writing Stored Procedures, Triggers, Functions, XML and Cursors in SQL Server.
- Expert in writing T-SQL queries, creating clustered and non-clustered Index, working on DTS, Data Cleansing and Data Migration.
- Knowledge in migrating DTS packages, reports and analysis services projects from SQL Server 2000 to SQL Server 2005.
- Expert in MS SQL Server 2005/2008/R2 suite of products i.e. SSRS (Reporting Services), SSIS (Integration Services) and SSAS (Analysis Services).
- Experience in entire life cycle of designing and creating Data warehouse and Data marts.
- Experience in transformations SSIS as an ETL tool while transferring the data from various sources into the destination files.
- Experience in creating complex SSIS packages for ETL purposes using various transformations in SSIS 2005/2008.
- Very good knowledge in SQL,PL/SQL.
- Transformed data from various data sources to SQL Server using BCP, T-SQL and SSIS 2005/2008.
- Proven ability in defining Query for generating Drill down reports, Matrix reports, Chart reports and handling parameterized reports, creating on demand and scheduled reports in SSRS 2005/2008.
- Very good experience in Creating SSIS Packages, Data conversion and migrating DTS Packages from .
- Extensive experience in Microsoft stack of BI solutions - SSRS, SSAS, and SSIS with MS SQL 2008/2005.
- Created the OLAP cubes using various dimensions, attributes and creating SQL Server Analysis Projects using SSAS 2005/2008.
- Experience in Performance Tuning and Optimization of queries and stored procedures.
- Proficient in using SQL Profiler, Execution Plan and Performance Monitor to analyze database performance.
- Experience working in Development, Test and Production environments.
- Experience in creating test cases for unit testing and using test data to verify and document the test results.
- Performing Backups and Recovery, Replication, Security management, Jobs and working with Linked Servers.
- Experience in executing SSIS packages programmatically form console application.
- Proficient in Migration of database, successfully migrated database from SQL Server v7.0 to SQL 2000 and SQL 2000 to SQL 2005.
- Experience working in Visual Studio 2008/ 2010 and in writing scripts in C#.net and VB.net.
- Experience in creating partition by creating partition function and partition scheme.
- Experience in writing Windows and UNIX shell commands.
Database: SQL Server 2000/ 2005/ 2008/ R2, Oracle, MYSQL, DTS, MS Access.
Query Language: T-SQL, MDX, DAX, PL/SQL
ETL: SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS), SSRS, Informatica.
Data Analytics: SQL Server Analysis Services, PerformancePoint Server, Power PivotTableaux, Cognos, Business objects, Micro strategy
Reporting: SQL Server Reporting Services, Crystal Reports, Telerik.
Programming Languages: C#, Visual Basic, Java.
IDE: Visual Studio, Eclipse, Redgate
Web Technology: ASP.NET, PHP, Web Services, XML (XLS), HTML, XSLT, SOAP, DHTML, HTML, CSS, IIS.
Content Management: SharePoint
Version Control: VSS, TFS, SVN
Project Management: Jira
Operating Systems: Windows, UNIX
Confidential, Basking Ridge, NJ
Sr. SQL Developer / DBA
- Worked with Business Analysts to understand the requirements and did Analysis, Design, Coding, Implementation and Production.
- Hands on administration tasks such as data loading, batch jobs, data unloading, user and application table management, upgrades, creating databases/ file groups/ files/ transaction logs.
- Implemented a customer needs and Analysis Business Intelligence solution for financial institute.
- Optimized the performance of the queries with modification in T-SQL queries, eliminated redundant and inconsistent data, established joins and created indexes wherever necessary.
- Created Drill-down, Drill-through and Sub-Report using RDL. Promoted RDLs to Reporting Service Server. Wrote the queries for the drill down reports.
- Migrated the DTS packages into SSIS and created new SSIS packages to Extract, transform and load the data from old data warehouse to new data warehouse and OLTP to OLAP.
- Removed the DTS package references from stored procedures and created as SSIS packages and embedded those procedures in the SSIS package to retain the load functionality of the system.
- Formatted the reports using the Global variables and expressions.
- Worked as lead inPL/SQLDesign & development which handles entire business logic.
- Created detailed reports for the customers to help them decide which field, degree or program showing demographic information based on various parameters.
- Authored performance based reports for the managers to show sales against various measures like Time, Area and field of study.
- Extensively used Joins and sub-queries for complex queries involving multiple tables from different databases.
- Designed and modified the existing packages accordingly by using the transformation tasks such as Script Component, Lookup, Derived Column, Condition Split, Union All, Copy Column, Aggregate and Audit Transformation.
- Created packages using Integration Services (SSIS) for extracting data from Flat Files, Excel files, OLEDB, Access etc to SQL Server.
- UsedSSISto createETL packagesto validate, extract, transform and load data to data warehousedatabases & data mart databases.
- ImplementedEvent HandlersandError HandlinginSSISpackages and notified process results to various user communities.
- Created on-demand and scheduled reports for business analysis and management decisions using SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS).
- Created SSIS Packages using Script Task and various Shell scripts, C#, VB script.
- Created, Maintained & scheduled various reports in SSRS like Tabular Reports, Matrix Reports & Parameterized Reports using SQL Server Reporting Services SSRS.
- Developed detail and summary reports, line and pie charts, trend analysis reports, sub-reports, and MDX queries according to business requirements using SSRS.
- Involved in the maintenance of the existing cubes of the data warehouse by adding additional dimensions, user-defined hierarchies, calculated members using SSAS.
Confidential, Boston, MA
Sr. SQL Developer / DBA
- Extensively used joins and sub-queries for complex queries involving multiple tables from different databases.
- Responsible for database creation, database tuning, performance planning and database administration.
- Successfully managed Extraction, Transformation and Loading (ETL) process by pulling large amount of data from various data sources and forms such as Excel files, XML, CSV and flat files using SSIS.
- Used Data Transformation Services (DTS)/SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS) and Extract Transform Loading (ETL) tool of SQL Server to populate data from various data sources, creating packages for different data loading operations for application.
- Designed and created SSIS packages using transformations such as sort, merge, merge join to load data into fact and dim table using lookup task.
- Designed and deployed ETL solutions in SSIS. Imported data from OLTP, flat files, or other data sources and created data flow solutions to cleanse and validate imported data. Inserted and/or updated newly cleansed and validated data into OLTP or OLAP databases.
- Designed indexed views for the reporting services in order to bring down the retrieval time.
- Extensively used SQL Reporting Services and Report Builder Model to generate custom reports.
- Designed and created Report templates, bar graphs and pie charts based on the financial data.
- Identified and worked with parameters for parameterized reports in SSRS.
- Generated daily, weekly and monthly reports using SSRS 2008.
- Developed SQL Statements as well asPL/SQLStored Procedures.
- Served as a SSRS 2000 Reports Developer and SQL Server Developer in support of Service Management System.
- Involved in Creating Dimensions and Cubes and deployed it on to the server for the managers to analyze the ongoing production support for the application as required.
Confidential, Princeton, NJ
SQL Developer / DBA
- Planned, Defined and Designed data based on business requirements and provided documentation.
- Responsible for Logical and Physical designof Databaseusing Erwin data modeler.
- Expertise in creating Complex Stored Procedures, Queries for the application team and for the end users based on the business requirement.
- Worked on Client/Server tools like SQL Server Enterprise Manager and Query Analyzer to AdministerSQLServer.
- Extensively used XML task in SSIS to retrieve XML documents.
- Enhanced SSIS packages to put in order policy data feeds from different brokers and OLTP to ODS in a consistent manner, plan to generate month end feeds for financial report system and to load policy transactions from different brokers/agencies.
- Developed SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS) packages to automatethe nightly extract transform and load jobs.
- Worked on MS SQL Server tasks such as data loading, batch jobs, BCP, DTS, and Indexes.
- Designed, developed, debugged and tested SSIS packages, Stored Procedures, configuration files and implement best practices packages to maintain optimal performance.
- Developed and implemented error handling logics in all the SSIS packages to handle bad data and avoid package failures.
- Used the SSIS script task, look up, cached look up, Fuzzy group transformations and data flow tasks.
- Developed packages to handle slowly changing dimensions, data cleansing, loading multiple files and executing tasks multiple times (using For Each Loop).
- Designed and implemented Data Marts, Facts, Dimensions and OLAP cubes having Star/ Snowflake schemas using Dimensional Modeling principles in SSAS.
- Developed and implemented partitioning and security in cubes based on user roles.
- Used the UDM Model to create Named Queries in the Data Source View.
- Designed relationships between the dimensions and measures. Resolved complex many tomany relationships and referenced relationships between the dimensions and the measures.
- Developed custom selection of reports ordering using SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS)
- Developed reports using SSRS and published as PDF, Excel, and CSV formats.
- Set up Partitioned Tables and Indexes for Parallel Processingof queries using SQL Server 2008Partition functionsand schemes.
- Deploying and scheduling Reports using SSRS to generate all daily, weekly, monthly and quarterly Reports including current status.
- Made various report parameters and query parameters to create parameterized reports using SSRS 2008.
- Performed complex Expressions to create calculated fields and used Global Variables in SSRS 2008.
- Involved in Unit testing, integrated testing and System testing.
Confidential, New York City, NY
Database Developer / Administrator
- Logically and physically designed database for projects on basis of user requirements using ERWIN.
- Create SSIS packages to transform data from various data sources using OLE DB connection.
- Created Cubes using Analysis Services and performed data mining on the data using the fact table and the dimension.
- Wrote complex stored procedures for the purpose of application development. Performed Administrator tasks like managing users, roles, and profiles.
- Configured Snapshot Replication (Creating Distribution Databases, updating Publishers, creating & managing Publications, managing Replication monitors).
- Used Snapshot replication for creating multiple instances of a database for distributing the workload.
- Worked on Client/Server tools like SQL Server Enterprise Manager and Query Analyzer to AdministerSQLServer
- Combined a few simple, unrelated Database Accesses to improve performance. Optimized SQL Queries using SQL Query Analyzer.
- Converted various SQL statements into stored procedures thereby reducing the Number of database accesses.
- Performed database backups (operating system, flat file backups & export/import).
- Performed performance tuning using SQL profiler and maintained database.
Confidential, Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
- Successfully migrated database from SQL server version 7.0 to SQL server 2000
- Created database objects such as tables, procedures, triggers, indexes and views
- Created logical and physical data models for the insurance policy holders.
- Developed processes, automation of maintenance jobs, tuning SQL Server, administered SQL Server security and SQL Server automatic e-mail notification.
- Worked on project planning, scheduling for database module with project manager.
- Managed SQL user logins, database user accounts, server roles, database roles and its permissions.
- Tested to optimize the procedures and queries to be used in production.
- Helped analyzing and designing disaster recovery / replication strategies with business managers to meet the business requirements.
- Did performance tuning to optimize the SQL queries using query analyzer.
- Configured Snapshot replication for reporting, user acceptance test and development servers.
- .NET Developers/Architects Resumes
- Java Developers/Architects Resumes
- Informatica Developers/Architects Resumes
- Business Analyst (BA) Resumes
- Quality Assurance (QA) Resumes
- Network and Systems Administrators Resumes
- Help Desk and Support specialists Resumes
- Oracle Developers Resumes
- SAP Resumes
- Web Developer Resumes
- Datawarehousing, ETL, Informatica Resumes
- Business Intelligence, Business Object Resumes
- MainFrame Resumes
- Network Admin Resumes
- Oracle Resumes
- ORACLE DBA Resumes
- Other Resumes
- Peoplesoft Resumes
- Project Manager Resumes
- Quality Assurance Resumes
- Recruiter Resumes
- SAS Resumes
- Sharepoint Resumes
- SQL Developers Resumes
- Technical Writers Resumes
- WebSphere Resumes
- Hot Resumes