- 9 years of IT experience in analysis, design, implementation administration of Business intelligence solutions with Microsoft SQL server 2008/2005/2000 in development, Testing production environment.
- Ability to deliver comprehensive Business Intelligence solution through integration of BI suite of products SSIS, SSAS, SSRS including MS solutions like MS EXCEL 2007/2010, Microsoft Office.
- Skilled in Data warehousing tools, Data Mapping, Unit Testing, Migration, Conversions, and Process Documentation.
- Expert in RDBMS concepts, Data warehousing concepts, OLTP OLAP.
- Strong Experience in various Extracting, Transforming and Loading ETL/SSIS data flow and Low Latency ETL using SSIS.
- Excellent in writing T-SQL, working on DTS, SSIS, SSRS, SSAS, Data Cleansing, Data Scrubbing and Data Migration, Also created Indexed Views, complex Stored Procedures, CDC, Triggers, effective functions to facilitate efficient data manipulation and data consistency.
- Expert in T-SQL DDL/DML, perform most of the SQL Server Enterprise Manager and Management studio functionality using T-SQL Scripts and Batches.
- Good SQL Server Administration skills including, Backups, Restore, database maintenance, user authorizations and Database creation.
- Experience in using tools like Index Tuning Wizard, SQL Profiler, and Windows Performance Monitor for Monitoring and Tuning MS SQL Server Performance.
- Thorough understanding of Kimball/Inman strategies, KPI, Data mining structures.
- Advanced extensible reporting skills using SQL Server reporting services SSRS . Created formatted Cross-Tab, Conditional, Drill-down, Top N, Summary, Form, OLAP, Sub reports, ad-hoc reports, parameterized reports, interactive reports custom reports .
- Experience in providing SSRS server level, item level Security Accessibility to various reports in multi-user environment.
- Exposed to all phases of software development life cycle SDLC including in-depth knowledge of Agile methodology, Enterprise Reporting Life Cycle, SQL Server Migrations, Change control rules, problem management and escalation procedures.
- Excellent communication skills, analytical skills, understand business requirements in various domains.
Business Technical skills:
Microsoft SQL Server2008/R2, 2005, 2000, 7.0, 2012/R2, SQL Server Integration, Reporting Analysis Services 2008/R2, 2005 2000 , Sybase ASE 15.0, Sybase IQ 12.7, Oracle 10g/9i, IBM DB2, Teradata Studio Express 14.0, T-SQL, MYSQL, CDC, C , UNIX, MDX, PL-SQL, MS SQL Profiler, Putty, Power Shell 2.0, Excel Macro, SQL Server Job Agent, Idera 8.0, Lite Speed 6.1, Database Tuning Advisor, Index Tuning, SQL Query Analyzer, MS Visual Studio 2005/2010, MS Visio, Erwin Data Modeler, Crystal Reports 10/9, Rational Rose, Windows 2000, 2003 2008 Advanced Server, Visual Source Safe, MS Access, .NET, HTML, XML, Excel PowerPivot, OLAP, OLTP, Talend 4.2, ADO.Net, AccuRev 5.2c, Epiphany 7.0/10.0.
- Provide 24x7 supports and streamline EOD End of Day Production process to ensure high availability and accuracy of data to end users and managers.
- Successfully replaced third party reporting application 'eGlue' with Excel and SQL Server.
- Responsible for Installation, configuration, maintenance, security, availability, backup/restore and upgrading of Microsoft SQL Server and related products.
- Reviewing and re-writing/re-building TSQL codes, SSIS packages and SSRS reports for performance improvement and logging in SQL Server 2012 R2.
- Troubleshoot MS SQL Server related issues in Production.
- Wrote PowerShell scripts to automate Excel Macros and generate various reports.
- Responsible for all functions associated with the design, implementation and maintenance of SQL Server databases including security, back up, logging, reporting and recovery procedures.
- Perform daily, weekly, and monthly data maintenance tasks.
- Proactively monitor and profile production database servers for load and performance bottlenecks and provide solutions for query optimization and performance tuning.
- Update statistics, database integrity check and Backup operations.
- Built a dynamic automated process to import data from excel files on a monthly basis.
- Created daily email reporting system for yesterday's production and other job summaries along with database monitoring report specifically for space management.
- Generated reports from Jobs, Alerts, SQL Mail Agent and scheduling DTS and SSIS, SSRS Packages.
- Designed and implemented Disaster Recovery Plan for Production and source servers.
- Implemented highly advanced Error Handling techniques in all production SSIS packages.
- Added control tables based functionality in SSIS packages in order to re-run the package at any give point.
SQL Server 2008/R2, 2012 R2, SSIS, SSRS, Idera 8.0, Lite Speed 6.1, Red Hat Linux 5.4, Sybase ASE 15.0, Sybase IQ 12.0, Putty, Power Shell 2.0, Excel Macro, Windows Server 2003/2008, Toad for SQL Server 5.6.
MS SQL Server/ BI Architect
- Responsible for the development of ETL/SSIS Packages, SSRS Reports and T-SQL objects like stored procedures, triggers, indexes and functions.
- Worked with Business Solution team to understand and determine scope for different projects.
- Successfully implemented advanced 'Archive and Purge' process in SSIS for log tables.
- Extensively Implemented SSIS auditing, error handling, and email error messaging.
- Worked with Tabular reports, Matrix reports, Gauges Chart reports, Parameterized reports, Sub reports, Ad-hoc reports, Drill down reports as well as interactive reports according to business requirements in time restricted environment using SQL Server Reporting Services SSRS .
- Built/created C scripts for various ETL/SSIS development purpose.
- Extensively done data scrubbing, data cleansing, data profiling and data transformation through SSIS packages.
- Performed customization and configuration work on OLTP databases, tables, stored procedures, SSIS packages and other objects.
- Enhanced the reusability of the packages by making and deploying shared containers and
- Multiple instances of packages.
- Extensively used dynamic approach to SSIS packages for the re-usability/modifications.
- Designed, built and deployed MOLAP cubes in SSAS.
- Supported 24/7 for the production system for OLTP and post deployment SSIS packages/ SSRS Reports on the server.
- Scheduled ETL packages for Development and production environment with SQL Server Job Agent.
- Understood the business requirements from FSDs provided by the Business Solution Team and developed ETL job, SSRS Reports and SQL Server Objects.
- Participated in reviews of issues related to SSIS Packages/SSRS reports and work in troubleshooting those issues, fixing, testing and re-deploying them.
- Responsible for unit/integration testing of SSIS packages SQL codes.
- Involved in creating detail design documents for ETL jobs.
- Tested new features of SQL Server 2012 for Dev Env and provided recommendations.
Microsoft SQL Server 2008/2005 Enterprise edition, 2012, SSMS, SSIS, SSRS, SSAS, BIDS, Microsoft Visual studio, C , Windows server 2003, IIS, Scrum, SQL Profiler, Database Tuning Advisor, Index Tuning, SQL Job Agent, Epihany 7.0.3/10, AccuRev Source Control 5.2c, Microsoft Share Point, ADO.Net, Microsoft Visio, Teradata Studio Express 14.0.
MS SQL Developer/SSIS/SSRS/SSAS
- Understood the broker dealer business functions and the context of the data warehouse project of company.
- Design and implemented commission, Pershing, license and registration and Albridge data flow to DW using SSIS with various advance technique.
- Worked with the business to understand the scope of the data warehouse an implemented business rules in ETL SSIS and OLTP systems.
- Written various stored proc and functions, user defined data types to feed data in UI application.
- Successfully implemented CDC to capture/track changes in various tables.
- Developed ETL SSIS to extract, transform and load raw trade data coming from various clearing houses and sponsor companies to data warehouse.
- Involved in developing ETL SSIS to Transform data from raw feeds and load into flat file, which were further exported for commission processing.
- Created dynamic package templates.
- Utilized Event Handlers and Error Handling in SSIS packages and notified process results to various user communities.
- Developed SSIS packages to process dimensions and cubes on daily basis.
- Performed SSAS Analysis services functions like calculations, Key Performance Indicators KPIs , actions, perspectives, translations, and security roles within a cube.
- Created calculated measures based on business requirement and created/deployed SSAS cube.
- Used MDX queries to retrieve data from OLAP cubes to the SSRS reports.
- Extensively used Excel PowerPivot and Slicing and Dicing concept.
- Participated in reviews of issues related to SSRS reports and work in troubleshooting those issues, fixing, testing and deploying them.
- Worked with the Data analyst in understanding the development of reports from the create report models.
- Create documentation for the existing reports as well as new reports to be created.
- Understand business requirements from the specifications and develop reports based on them.
- Scheduled SSIS packages and T-SQL scripts using SQL Server Job Agent.
- Created and updated complex Stored Procedures, Triggers and User Defined Functions for logical T-SQL implementation.
Microsoft SQL Server 2008 R2, Enterprise edition, SSMS, SSIS, SSRS, SSAS, BIDS, MDX, CDC, PowerPivot, ADO, AS 400, Microsoft Visual studio, Windows server 2003, IIS, SQL Profiler.
- Successfully migrated ETL SSIS jobs from Talend Open Studio 4.2 to SSIS 2008.
- Designed various Mappings Source-to-Target using SSIS to link between different
- OLTP Source Systems and different Data warehouses for loading data into Warehouse.
- Created SSIS projects and imported all user roles and responsibilities.
- Imported metadata from sources like DB2 and flat files.
- Extensively used ODBC stage for DB2 database connectivity.
- Created re-usable components using local and shared containers for local or shared use.
- Analyzed existing logical data model LDM and made appropriate changes to make it
- Compatible with the business requirement.
- Identified source systems, their connectivity, related tables and fields and ensured the data suitability for the mapping.
- Involved in modeling the Star Schema, Data Warehouse by identifying the facts and dimensions using ERwin Data modeling tool.
- Set various variables and parameters in SSIS packages and also used them in managing the projects.
- Analyzed data discrepancies through Error and Log files for further data processing and cleansing.
- Involved in design phase meetings for Business Analysis and Requirements gathering.
- Developed conversion and migration strategy in collaboration with functional business lead.
- Reviewed and implemented the naming standards for the ETL SSIS processes, packages, transformations etc.
- Documented migration approach document from Talend OS 4.2 to MS SQL Server SSIS 2008.
- Designed and documented Datastage ETL SSIS Standards and Best Practice document.
Microsoft SQL Server 2008, SSIS, Talend Open Source 4.2, IBM DB2 v9, flat files .csv , ADO, MS Windows 7/XP/2003, MS Office 2007, Erwin 7.0, VMWare and Windows Remote Desktop.