- An accomplished proactive DBA with 5+ years of proven experience with demonstrated success in managing and supporting database solutions in development, test and production SQL Server environments.
- As a self motivated, responsible person, I aim to get a challenging position as a SQL Server DBA in a team - oriented environment that will let me to exploit and excel my technical and interpersonal skills.
- Authorized to work in the US for any employer CORE.
Database: SQL Server 2005/2008R2/2012/2014, MS Access, MS Excel, SSIS, SSAS, SSRS
Language: T-SQL, PL/SQL, VB, VBA, HTML, Power Shell.
System/OS: Windows Server 2003/2008/2012 , Windows XP/Vista/7/8/10, Linux.
Statistical software: SPSS, STATA, SAS, R.
Microsoft Office: Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft PowerPoint, and Microsoft Access
Confidential - Washington, DC
SQL Server DBA
- Providing 24/7 dedicated support for development and production SQL Server environments.
- Installed, configured and managed SQL Server 2012 and SQL Server 2014 in development, test and production environments.
- Managed rebuilding and reorganizing indexes Confidential regular intervals for optimal performance.
- Designing and implementing comprehensive backup plan (FULL and LOG) disaster recovery strategies.
- Migrated databases from SQL Server 2008R2 to SQL Server 2012
- Involved in installing, configuring and maintain Always On Availability Groups in development and production servers.
- Involved in trouble shooting and fine-tuning of databases for its performance and concurrency.
- Monitoring SQL Server performance using SQL Profilers, DMVs, execution plans, dead- locks and database engine tuning advisor.
- Recovered databases from backups in disasters.
- Maintaining database consistency checks using DBCC CHECKDB regularly
- Involved in creating many SSIS packages using SSDT, ETL and Import/Export wizards.
- Experience in SQL Server Reporting Service (SSRS).
Environment: MS SQL Server 2008R2, SQL Server 2012/2014, SSIS, SSAS, SSRS, MS Access 2013, Windows Server 2012 (NT 6.2), Windows 7/8/10, SQL Admin Toolset, Idera.
Confidential - Groningen
- Upgraded and configured SQL Server 2008R2 from SQL Server 2005 on Windows Server 2003 and applied service packs and security fixes.
- Responsible for a large scale database migration from SQL Server 2005 to SQL Server 2008R2
- Involved in scheduled and manual database and log backups both in development and production environments.
- Responsible for installing, configuring and maintaining SQL Server Failover Clustering for two production environments.
- Responsible for high availability of databases using log shipping and database mirroring.
- Involved in improving database performance using SQL Profiler, Database Engine Tuning Advisor, DMVs and execution plans.
- Responsible for securing SQL Server, user management taking care of permissions and roles.
- Migrated application codes and objects from development/test to production environment.
- Scheduling jobs and alerts using SQL Server Agent.
- Rebuilding indexes Confidential regular intervals for better performance.
- Export/Import data from flat files, CSV, DTS, SSIS and BCP.
- Used third-party tools like Red Gate and SQL Tool Belt to backup and restore operations.
- Had a good experience in 24/7 in SQL Server production support.
Environment: SQL Server 2008R2, SQL Server 2012, SSRS, SSIS, DTS, Windows Server 2003/2008, Windows 7
Confidential - Addis Ababa
Junior Database Administrator
- Installed and configured SQL Server 2008R2 for over twenty Confidential branches across Ethiopia
- Involved in upgrading to SQL Server 2008R2 from SQL Server 2005
- Responsible for large scale database migration from SQL Server 2005 to SQL Server 2008R2
- Performance analysis using index tuning advisor, performance monitors (PerfMon), CPU, I/O and memory counters and monitors.
- Configured and maintained transactional replication between production environments.
- Scheduled database maintenance tasks to improve performance.
- Backing up (FULL, LOG & DIFF) and restoring user and system databases.
- Responsible for securing the SQL Server, all system and user databases, user management and taking care of permissions and roles.
- Involved in maintain databases with maximum availability and resolve any database issues
- Worked with development and system teams to boost performance of the bank system and the SQL Server.
Environment: SQL Server 2000/2005/2008 R2, T-SQL, SSIS, SSRS, Windows Server 2003, Windows XP/ Vista/7.
- .NET Developers/Architects Resumes
- Java Developers/Architects Resumes
- Informatica Developers/Architects Resumes
- Business Analyst (BA) Resumes
- Quality Assurance (QA) Resumes
- Network and Systems Administrators Resumes
- Help Desk and Support specialists Resumes
- Oracle Developers Resumes
- SAP Resumes
- Web Developer Resumes
- Datawarehousing, ETL, Informatica Resumes
- Business Intelligence, Business Object Resumes
- MainFrame Resumes
- Network Admin Resumes
- Oracle Resumes
- ORACLE DBA Resumes
- Other Resumes
- Peoplesoft Resumes
- Project Manager Resumes
- Quality Assurance Resumes
- Recruiter Resumes
- SAS Resumes
- Sharepoint Resumes
- SQL Developers Resumes
- Technical Writers Resumes
- WebSphere Resumes
- Hot Resumes