- 8 years of experience as SQL Server DBA (2014, 2012, 2008, 2005, and 2000) in Production, Development and Staging, Data Warehouse environments (OLTP and OLAP).
- Experience in MS SQL Server Installation, Configuration, Performance Tuning, Client/Server Connectivity, Query Optimization, Backup/Recovery and Running DBCC Commands.
- Experience in applying latest Service Packs and Rolling Patches and Upgrades for SQL Servers in Clustered (Failover) and Non - Clustered environments.
- Experience in Configuration and Maintenance of Disaster Recovery solutions like Clustering, Database Mirroring, Log Shipping, Transactional & Merge Replication in SQL Server 2012/2008/2005
- Installed and Configured SQL server 2014 on VMware environment.
- Prepare, document and conduct Disaster Recovery exercises.
- Migrated SQL Server 2005 databases to SQL Server 2014 and configured Always on availability group.
- Involved in Implementing of multiple multi-node clustered community environments, which supported multiple instances of SQL Server 2005 and later.
- Actively involved in setting up Active-Active/Active-Passive clustering in production and Testing Environments and also troubleshoot issues with the same. Applied Hotfixes and Service Packs in clustered environments
- Configured Database Mirroring in High Performance and High Availability mode and troubleshoot issues with the same
- Expertise in Query Optimization, Performance tuning, Database consistency using DBCC utilities and server connectivity, DMV’S, DMF’S, analyzing Locks, Deadlocks and Handling the Isolation Level and Concurrency Effects.
- Verifying and tuning stored procedures created by developers by using Execution Plans, SQL Server Profiler and Database Tuning Advisor. Debugging stored procedures, optimizing code and improving efficiency in database including re-indexing, updating statistics, recompiling stored procedures and performing other maintenance tasks
- Experience in administrative activities comprising Database Health Check, Index Optimization (Rebuild and Reorganizing Indexes with different fill factors), Updating Statistics, Performance Tuning, Query Optimization, Client/Server Connectivity, and Database Security.
Relational Databases: SQL Server 2014/2012/2008/ R2/2005, MS Access, SQL*PLUS
Operating System: UNIX, Windows 8.1/7/2000/2003/2008/2012 Server, Windows NT, XP
Programing Languages: C, C++, PL/SQL, Java, VB and T-SQL
Other Tools: VERITAS, IDERA, Crystal Reports, Test Director, PVCS Tracker, Rational Clear Quest, Compuware, TOAD, MS Visual Source Safe
Reporting Tools: SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS), SSAS, and Report Builder
Data Modeling: Business Intelligence Development Studio, Erwin 7.2/4.5, MS Visio 2003/2007, JIRA
Confidential, Atlanta, GA
Sr. Database Administrator
- Installation and Configuration of the SQL Server 2014 and Business Intelligence.
- Worked in the agile environment as Database Administrator to analyze the call data.
- Collaboration with project management teams, vendors representatives, and technical subject matter experts to implement database and application migrations.
- Successfully managed migration of very complex infrastructure and critical production environments with minimal impact to business.
- Monitoring SQL Server and Windows event logs to find root cause for the problem.
- Creating the jobs, manually executing and troubleshooting the jobs. Identifying orphaned users and fixing them after restoring the backups.
- Troubleshooting database level problems like suspect/emergency/single- user/restoring/stand-by modes.
- Monitoring the disk space and removing unnecessary backup files and shrinking large T-Log files to free up space on the disk Drive.
- Configuring, maintaining and monitoring the Log-shipping, troubleshooting the problems in Log-shipping.
- Configuring Mirroring between the databases and maintenance and failover from Principal to Mirror and troubleshooting the issues in the mirroring.
- Monitoring the database, data file and log file sizes and checking the available free space in that.
- Creating, monitoring and troubleshooting maintenance plans created for rebuild-indexes, reorganize-indexes, statistics updates and database consistency checking.
- Shrinking the temp Database and resolving the disk space issue.
- Moving the databases / database files from once location to other location.
- Creating users and mapping users with the appropriate databases and assigning the roles.
- Performing the Database refresh by taking the backup and restoring and making the production equivalent.
- Creating alerts for the databases to take necessary action before files reaches max size.
- Identifying users’ workload and active transactions and what operation is going on take decision and killing the transactions when required for any other operation.
- Monitoring and TroubleshootingSQLServer Performance using Query Tuning,SQLServer Profiler, System Monitor, Database Engine Tuning Advisor, Dynamic Management Views and Functions and Resolving Blocking and Deadlocking Issues.
Environment: Agile/Scrum, Windows 2008, Microsoft SQL Server 2014/2012, SQL Profiler, T-SQL, Crystal Reports, MS Visio, MS Office, MS Project.
Confidential, Buffalo, NY
Sr. SQL Server Database Administrator
- Installed SQL SERVER 2008/2008r2/2012 FAILOVER Cluster and standalone installation on Windows Server 2008 r2 64 bit system in PROD/TEST/DEV from scratch.
- Practiced the DR (disaster recovery exercise) at SunGard for SQL Server 2008/200r82/2012.
- Setup the Transactional Replication for the reporting purpose
- ImplementSQLServer Failover Clustering for High Availability UAT & production server
- Monitoring the Database Server's Health, Tuning, and using Profiler whenever required.
- Consolidation of SQL server and databases based on physical memory, server memory, I/O waits, linked servers, active servers, and offline database.
- Implemented Transactional Log shipping and mirroring for database high availability.
- Regularly installed service packs and hot fixes for both clustered and standalone environment.
- Configured the alerts and jobs for the regular monitoring of the database Server.
- Used native tools DATABASE TUNING ADVISOR, PROFILER, PREFMONCE and ACTIVITY MONITOR.
- Regularly deployed the reports and configured the subscriptions for automated email delivery of the reports.
- Scheduled agent jobs for database backup and windows task to clean up the file system using VB Script
- Configured Linked Servers between different servers.
- Setting up logical/physical backups for the databases.
- Effectively using DBCC commands, Dynamic Management Views (DMV), SQL Profiler, Performance Monitor, SQL Server Management Studio, Trace Analysis and Execution plans as part of troubleshooting and performance tuning.
- Used the DMV and DMF for the performance data collection and monitoring.
- Involved in Performance tuning and Query Optimization.
- Applying required Service Packs, Hotfixes and any Critical Security Updates in clustered and standalone servers.
- Implemented SQL Audit 2012 and Server Side trace for auditing at server and database level on SQL Server 2012.
- Identified, tested, and resolved database performance issues (monitoring and tuning) to ensure database optimization.
- Administered the SQL Server 2008 r2 for the Microsoft Dynamics GP 2010(Great Plains Software)
- Developed stored procedures, functions, triggers in T-SQL and batch scripts.
- Used the TFS and Rational Clear case for change management in the SDLC cycle
Environment: MicrosoftSQLServer 2012/2008 R2/2008,Windows2008, TFS, Oracle Streams, Data Guard, TOAD,T-SQL,SQL Loader, DMV, DMF,VB Script, MS Office, MS Visio, Visual Studio, SQL Profiler, SQL Server Management Studio.
Confidential, Minneapolis, MN
Sr. SQL Server DBA
- Installed and configured SQL Server 2008/2008R2 on both cluster and stand-alone environment.
- Installed SQL SERVER Service Packs to keep the SQL Server up to date.
- Maintained DB Security by creating logins, users, roles and permissions for the business people.
- Responsible for activities daily routine backup restore, refreshing databases as per requirements.
- Scheduled and created Maintenance plans on databases and also created automated jobs.
- Performed Database consistency checks with DBCC, Defrag, Index tuning and monitored error logs
- Configured and managed log shipping between DC and DR servers for Disaster recovery solution.
- Involved in planning load balancing based on application’s physical design.
- Performed the DR Drill (Cutover) on Log shipping database routing the application from DR Servers and testing the Application connectivity.
- Configured SQL Server 2008 multi Node Cluster (Active-Active and Active passive).
- Implemented different types of replications Transactional, Snapshot and merge replications.
- Provided On-Call support to Mission critical Environments and expertise with Disaster Recovery mechanisms
- Upgraded SQL Server 2005 to SQL Server 2008/2008R2 in windows server bit.
- Experience in migration and maintenance of data using various utilities like DTS, SSIS, Import and Export, ATTACH/DETACH Data Migration tools.
- Provided support for 24x7 availability of database Services and ensure to meet the SLA.
Environment: SQL Server 2008/2005, MS-Access, Windows 2008, DTS/SSIS, SSAS, Visio, Lite-speed, SQL Diagrams, Activity Monitor, Spotlight. Index tuning wizard, SQL Profiler, Query Analyzer, Enterprise Manager, SCOM, Silverlight.
Confidential, Richmond, VA
SQL Server Database Admin
- Installation and Maintenance of SQL Server 2008 R2 on Test, Development and Production Environments.
- Usage of new compression Techniques in SQL Server 2008 R2 for Backup and Restore Jobs.
- SQL Server 2005/2008 failover cluster installation on Windows Server 2003/2008 Clustered Nodes.
- Performing SQL Server Service Pack Upgrade on Test, Production Servers.
- Implemented Database Mirroring and Transactional Replication as a part of DR plan.
- Disaster Recovery Planning, Testing and Analyzing, continuous update of documentation.
- Creating Logins and Roles with appropriate permissions.
- Creating and Maintaining Database Maintenance Plans.
- Tune slow running queries using SQL Server Profiler.
- Import data across multiple instances using BULK INSERT and BCP Utility.
- Plan, analyze and develop Ad-hoc Reports using SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS) and Report Manager to support various user requirements.
- Created Clustered and Non-Clustered Indexes to improve the performance of database access.
- Created and managed databases across Development and Production instances using SQL Server Management Studio.
- Involved in Capacity Planning, Database Normalization and De-normalization process.
- Involved in Logical and Physical Data Modeling Process using MS Visio.
- Use MS Visual Source Safe as a Version Control System.
- Monitoring Event Viewer, SQL Error Logs and Log File Viewer for Software and hardware related errors.
Environment: Windows server 2008/2008R2, Microsoft SQL 2008R2/2008, SQL, SSRS, SSIS, MS Visio, MS Visual Source SafeConfidential, Milwaukee, WI
Microsoft SQL Business Analyst
- Used SSIS tool for Extracting, Cleansing, Transforming, Integrating and Loading data in to target database.
- Getting data from vendors in excel format, converting data into required format using SSIS package withlookups, conditional split, Multicast, Row count, Oledb transformation, script task and for each loopand various tasks and loading data into differentclient instances.
- Direct interaction with client regarding business requirements and converting requirements into technically
- Given KT sessions onSSISandSSRSto new joiners.
- Creating the incidents and solving incidents raised by PM’s in JIRA ticketing tool.
- Developed, deployed and monitored SSIS Packages for new ETL Processes and upgraded the existing DTS packages to SSIS for the on-going ETL Processes.
- Monitoring Full/Incremental/Daily Loads and support all scheduled ETL jobs for batch processing.
- UsedSQL Profilerfor Performance monitor to resolveDead Locksand Long running queries by checking appropriate changes to Transaction Isolation levels
- Reviewed & Tested packages, fixing bugs (if any) using SQL 2008 Business Intelligence Development Studio.
- Studied existing OLAP system(s) and created facts, dimensions and star schema representation for the data mart and warehouse systems.
- Involved to planning and designing SSAS 2012 Cubes and building attribute relationships for optimal MDX query performance of Hierarchies and Fact Dimensions.
- Involved inStaging PartitionsandUsage Based Optimization (UBO)mechanisms for SSAS 2012 and 2008 OLAP databases.
- Implemented SSIS loggings in packages to store and analyze the errors occurred while running jobs.
- Implemented Xml configuration and SQL server configurations to make packages more dynamic.
- Involving in doing BI testing for the reports/ETL implemented by other team members.
Environment: MS SQL Server 2008, SSAS, SSRS 2008 R2, SSIS 2008 R2, Windows 2003/2008, ASP.NET
- .NET Developers/Architects Resumes
- Java Developers/Architects Resumes
- Informatica Developers/Architects Resumes
- Business Analyst (BA) Resumes
- Quality Assurance (QA) Resumes
- Network and Systems Administrators Resumes
- Help Desk and Support specialists Resumes
- Oracle Developers Resumes
- SAP Resumes
- Web Developer Resumes
- Datawarehousing, ETL, Informatica Resumes
- Business Intelligence, Business Object Resumes
- MainFrame Resumes
- Network Admin Resumes
- Oracle Resumes
- ORACLE DBA Resumes
- Other Resumes
- Peoplesoft Resumes
- Project Manager Resumes
- Quality Assurance Resumes
- Recruiter Resumes
- SAS Resumes
- Sharepoint Resumes
- SQL Developers Resumes
- Technical Writers Resumes
- WebSphere Resumes
- Hot Resumes