- 7+ years of experience in IT Industry
- 4 years of experience in Tableau (9.x, 8.x)
- 3+ years of experience in SQL Development and Informatica
- Data Visualization and Analysis using Tableau to:
- Analyse and obtain insights into large data sets, create visually compelling and actionable interactive reports and dashboards.
- Define specification, design and build of Tableau Desktop reports and dashboards
- Ability to drive insight by designing visualizations with logical and meaningful data flow and ability to see patterns.
- End to end experience in Installation and configuration, designing and deploying data visualizations using Tableau.
- Created views with different axis like individual axis, Blended axis and dual axis for comparison.
- Used filters, quick filters, sets, parameters and calculated fields on Tableau reports.
- Experience in joining multiple tables.
- Created relationship between two different Data Source's by using Data - blending.
- Knowledge in Tableau server like creating users, groups, projects, sites and granting permissions to the users.
- Proficient in design and development of various dashboards, reports utilizing Tableau Visualizations like bar graphs, scatter plots, pie-charts, geographic visualization and other making use of actions, other local and global filters according to the end user requirement.
- Expertise in creating databases, schema objects, optimizing SQL statements.
- Extensive experience in Data Analysis, Reporting, ETL, Data Modeling, Maintenance, Testing and Documentation.
- Experience in analysis, design, development using Oracle, PL/SQL, SQL, Tableau and Informatica.
- Extensive experience with SQL Server in constructing tables, views, triggers, normalization, indexes, functions, stored procedures, user profiles, relational database models.
- Strong understanding of the principles of Data warehousing using Fact Tables, Dimension Tables, Star Schema and Snowflake Schema modeling.
- Good understanding in database and data warehousing concepts (OLTP and OLAP)
- Familiar with entire software development life cycle (SDLC) and various project methodologies such as Agile and Scrum Methodology.
- Strong team member with good communication and analytical skills.
- Excellent problem solving, troubleshooting and decision-making skills.
BI & ETL Tools: Tableau 8/9, Informatica PowerCenter 6.1, SSIS, SAP BW 3.0, SAP CRM
Databases: Oracle 11g/10g/8i, MS SQL Server 2005/2008, MS Access, DTS, Flat Files
Database Tools: SQL Developer, Toad
Programming Languages: HTML/HTML5, CSS/ CSS-3, PL/SQL, T-SQL, XML, UNIX, DBMS
Operating System: Windows 2000, Linux
Modeling & Other Tools: MS-Office, Putty, MS Visio, Clear Case, Rational Rose
Methodologies: SDLC, Scrum, E-R Modeling, Star Schema, Snowflake Schema
- Interacted with clients for requirements gathering and sort them into different levels.
- Interact with executives and Analysts in the organisation to define Mapping documents.
- Administered with Installation, configuration, patching and upgrading of Tableau tool across the environments
- Manage the application’s users, groups, and integration.
- Involved in generating proper data in excel for Tableau Dashboard.
- Extract data from multiple databases to create Tableau Dashboards.
- Involved in installation and patch up gradation of application on servers.
- Responsible for efficient timely backups, project, groups’ creation.
- Scheduled for auto refresh of dashboards on the application server.
- Skillfully Used Link Tables utility to update Access table to reflect the Excel changes.
- Skillful at creating multi-level hierarchy in Tableau Dashboard.
- Drew upon full range of Tableau platform technologies to design and implement proof of concept solutions and create advanced BI visualizations.
- Recommended Dashboards per Tableau visualization features.
- Efficient at using Parameter in calculation field to give flexibility to end user.
- Created global filter for the dashboard that uses different data source.
- Created different kinds of actions to make the worksheet invisible while there is no selection.
- Skillfully created different kinds of actions for navigation and drill down.
- Created custom colour pallet, custom shapes to use in dashboard.
- Extensive use of Marks, Filters and Pages, Add line, Calculation Fields to create complex Dashboards.
Environment: Tableau 9.x, Windows 7 SP1, Microsoft Excel 2010, Microsoft Access 2010, SAP BW 3.0, Oracle 10g,SQL Server, SAP CRM
Confidential, Cleveland, OH
Tableau Developer/ Admin/ Data Analyst
- Interacted with business user group for domain requirements gathering.
- Extensively used Visio to create Use Cases Diagrams, Activity Diagrams.
- Involved in defining the whole project life cycle, following agile methodology. Analyse business requirements and segregated them into high level and low level
- Develop, Organize, manage and maintain graphs, tables, slides and document templates for the efficient creation of reports.
- Interact professionally with diverse group of professionals in the organization including managers and executives.
- Developed Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) for Monitoring.
- Extensively used data blending, embed functionalities in Tableau.
- Deployed Tableau Server in clustered environment by mapping server nodes to primary machine.
- Building, publishing customized interactive reports and dashboards, report scheduling using Tableau server. Creating New Schedule's and checking the task's daily on the server.
- Created Tableau scorecards, dashboards using stack bars, bar graphs, scattered plots, geographical maps, Gantt charts using show me functionality.
- Worked extensively with Advance analysis Actions, Calculations, Parameters, Background images, Maps.
- Trend Lines, Statistics, and Log Axes. Groups, hierarchies, Sets to create detail level summary report and Dashboard using KPI's.
- Interacted with Business Analysts and Data Modellers and defined Mapping documents and Design process for various Sources and Targets.
- Defined best practices for Tableau report development andeffectively used data blending feature in Tableau.
- Create, customize & share interactive web dashboards in minutes with simple drag & drop method and access dashboards from any browser or tablet.
- Connect to Oracle directly, created the dimensions, hierarchies, and levels on Tableau desktop.
- Creating users, groups, projects, Data connections, settings as a Tableau administrator.
- Involved in creating dashboards and reports in Tableau and Maintaining server activities, user activity, and customized views on Server Analysis.
- Involved in creating database objects like tables, views, procedures, triggers, functions using T-SQL to provide definition, structure and to maintain data efficiently.
Environment: Tableau Desktop/Server 8.x/9.x, SQL Server 2008, HPQC, Oracle 11g, Business objects, SQL, PL/SQL, T-SQL, Microsoft office 2007.
Confidential, Cincinnati, Ohio
- Supported the data and the reporting environments that serve the risk group.
- Executed on the build out and enhancement of the Risk’s Data Visualization environment.
- Created new visualizations and maintained processes that supports data visualization.
- Differentiated and highlighted the quantitative and qualitative risks with reporting and enable advanced analytics across Risk function with data.
- Designed and developed new data visualizations using Tableau with high-level objectives provided by management and in user experience.
- Created Custom SQL connections and calculated field within Tableau to facilitate automated production of data visualizations.
- Redesigned existing data visualizations that were created in prior versions of Tableau to take advantage of enhancements to the tool
- Reconciled differences in prior versions of data visualization versus the new versions and explained the differences.
- Coordinated efforts with Peers and Senior Peers to ensure data dictionary and reliability of work product.
Environment: Tableau (Desktop, Server) 8.1/8.2, Oracle and Microsoft Office (Word, Access, Excel, Outlook).
Confidential, Dallas, TX
- Understood the source systems and collected requirements from business users.
- Worked with analysts and data source systems experts to map requirements to ETL code.
- Analysed the source data coming from different sources (Oracle, Flat files).
- Created mappings for cleansing, transforming and loading data into warehouse.
- Used various transformations like Source Qualifier, Expressions, Aggregator, Update Strategy, Sequence Generator, Router and Lookups.
- Involved in writing PL/SQL stored procedures and functions.
- Created Mapplets to facilitate ease and reuse of common mapping logic.
- Created sessions for mappings and utilized workflow manager & monitor to create, schedule and monitor workflows.
- Involved in Unit Testing for Created mappings.
- Involved in code review of Informatica mappings and sessions.
- Worked with UNIX shell scripts to run Informatica workflows.
- Involved in the process design documentation of the Data Warehouse Dimensional Upgrades.
Environment: Informatica Power Centre 6.1, Oracle 8i, PL/SQL, Toad, Flat files, UNIX, MS Visio, Control M and Windows 2000.
Confidential, Sunnyvale, CA
- Involved in reviewing the Investments application and interacting with business users to understand the user requirements.
- Gathered user requirements and analysed and designed software solution and database.
- Involved in migration of SQL Server .
- Created SSIS packages to extract data from OLTP to OLAP systems and Scheduled Jobs to call the packages and Stored Procedures.
- Transferred data from various OLTP data sources, such as Oracle, MS Access, MS Excel, Flat files, CSV files into SQL Server 2005.
- Good understanding of Data Marts, Data warehousing, Operational Data Store (ODS), OLAP, Star Schema Modeling, Snow-Flake Modeling, Fact and Dimensions Tables using MS Analysis Services.
- Subsequently evaluated ProClarity and business objects as a front end for the ANALYSIS SERVICES implementation.
- Used scripts and variables, email notifications for ETL process using Data Integrator.
- Extensive Knowledge in SSAS storage and partitions, and Aggregations, calculation of queries with MDX, Data Mining Models, developing reports using MDX and SQL.
- Involved in Analysing, designing, building & testing of OLAP cubes with SSAS 2005 and in adding calculations using MDX.
- Responsible for implementation of creating complex SSIS packages using proper control and data flow elements with error handling.
- Excellent in Data Extraction, Transforming and Loading (ETL) using SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS), DTS, Bulk Insert, BCP.
- Expert in design and development of SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS) packages and using various control flow task and data flow transformation.
- Implemented Event Handlers and Error Handling in SSIS packages and notified process results to various user communities.
- Tested, Cleaned and Standardized Data meeting the business standards using Fuzzy /exact lookups using SSIS tasks.
- Designed and developed matrix and tabular reports with drill down, drill through and drop down menu option using SSRS.
- Generated and consolidated monthly reports and budget analysis to drive forecast production plan with SQL report service (SSRS).
- Designed and Implemented various reports using Crystal Reports and responsible for the migration to SSRS.
- Designed, developed, tested, deployed, supported, maintained and documented Key Point Indicators (KPI), Scorecards, Time Aware Dashboards and accompanying Analytical Grids and charts with URL actions using Performance Point Server 2007 and SQL Server Analytical Services.
- Designed and build the OLAP cubes using Star schema and Snow Flake Schema using native OLAP Service Manager.
- Stored Procedures, User Defined Functions, Views, T-SQL scripting for complex business logic. Extensively used Joins and sub-queries for complex queries involving multiple tables from different databases.
- Performed maintenance duties like performance tuning and optimization of queries, functions and stored procedures.
- Created Database Maintenance Plans for the performance of SQL Server which covers Database Integrity checks, update database Statistics and Re-indexing.
- Experience in creating ASP.Net User Controls and Components to reduce the complexity of user interface design.
- Implementation of Ajax feature for improved performance.
- Used SQL Profiler for troubleshooting, monitoring, optimization of SQL server 2008 and SQL code.
- Optimized the database by creating various clustered, non-clustered indexes and indexed views.
- Taking Database full Backup, Transaction log backup & differential backup in daily Routine.
Environment: MS SQL Server 2005/2008, Performance Point Server 2007, SSAS 2005, SSRS, MS Analysis Services, SSIS 2012, ETL, DTS, MDX, Data Modeling, Data Warehousing, T-SQL, SQL Profiler, XML, MS Access, Excel
- Understanding the business process/requirement and translate them into technical requirements.
- Created Database Objects like Tables, Views, Synonyms and Sequences.
- Extensively used of PL/SQL Stored Procedures, Functions, Triggers and Packages.
- Tested the entire application in testing environment and exported to Production.
- Done the documentation and provided on-site production support.
Environment: Oracle, SQL, PL/SQL, Windows
- .NET Developers/Architects Resumes
- Java Developers/Architects Resumes
- Informatica Developers/Architects Resumes
- Business Analyst (BA) Resumes
- Quality Assurance (QA) Resumes
- Network and Systems Administrators Resumes
- Help Desk and Support specialists Resumes
- Oracle Developers Resumes
- SAP Resumes
- Web Developer Resumes
- Datawarehousing, ETL, Informatica Resumes
- Business Intelligence, Business Object Resumes
- MainFrame Resumes
- Network Admin Resumes
- Oracle Resumes
- ORACLE DBA Resumes
- Other Resumes
- Peoplesoft Resumes
- Project Manager Resumes
- Quality Assurance Resumes
- Recruiter Resumes
- SAS Resumes
- Sharepoint Resumes
- SQL Developers Resumes
- Technical Writers Resumes
- WebSphere Resumes
- Hot Resumes