- Over 6 ½ years of experience in the IT industry as a MS SQL Server/Business Intelligence Developer.
- Extensive experience in using T - SQL (including dynamic SQL) in SQL Server 2008/2005/2000 platforms.
- Expert in MS SQL Server suite of products like SQL Server Analysis Services and SQL Server Integration Services.
- Experienced in using Bulk Insertcommand in T-SQL to transfer massive amount of data from a text file into tables.
- Extensive knowledge in tuning T-SQL (DDL and DML) queries to improve database performance.
- Experienced in transforming complex business logic into Database design and maintaining it by using SQL tools such as Stored Procedures, User Defined Functions and Views.
- Expert with ETL tools such as SSIS.
- Experienced in creating many complex SSIS packages with complicated transformations.
- Extensively interacting with middle tier and UI development team using C#.Net and ASP.Net.
- Expert in designing reports Excel Pivot table based on OLAP cubes which make use of multiple value selection in parameters pick list, cascading prompts, matrix dynamics reports and other features of reporting service.
- Experienced in SQL Server Analysis Services OLAP Cubes by constructing fact and dimension tables.
- Involved in Designing and deploying cubes in SSAS environment using Snowflake and Star Schema Designs for the operational data.
- Reviewed, analyzed, and modified programming systems including encoding, testing, debugging and installing to support an organization's client/server software applications.
- Possessed excellent skills in Data Modeling to create Star and Snowflake Schemas using Erwin.
- Expert in defining data source and building data source views and recognizing fact and dimension tables.
- Good working knowledge in deployment of reports for business user/information user to access based on their roles/permission.
- Experienced in data loads, database integration/conversions, performance tuning and optimization.
- Well-versed with database Installation, configuration, maintenance, monitoring, backups and recoveries, develop and debug Stored Procedures and Triggers.
- Capable of forming and maintaining positive and productive working relationships in internal, external and team environments.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, quick learner, can adapt to a new technology with ability to take new roles in minimum time.
- MS SQL Server 2008/2005/2000
- SQL Server 7.0 8.0 9.0
- SQL Server Management Studio
- SQL Server Profiler
- SQL Server Business Intelligence Development Studio
- SQL Server Enterprise Manager
- Online Analytical Processing (OLAP)
- Online Transaction Processing (OLTP)
- MS SQL Server Analysis Services 2005/2000 (SSAS)
- SQL Server Integration services (SSIS)
- MS Excel
Confidential, Redmond, WA
MS SQL Developer
Environment: MS SQL Server 2008, T-SQL, MS Office Excel 2007, Windows Server 2007, C#.NET,VSTO
- Utilized dynamic T-SQL within functions, stored procedures, views, and tables.
- Heavily involved in working with dynamic sql by concatenating the strings with char (39) which executes various store procedures and update statements one after another.
- Created a framework using bulk insert command which uses fixed width text file and format file to populate tables with 90 million rows by using one stored procedure.
- Extensively involved in writing a number of user defined functions involving date time data type such as a user defined function which converts an unrecognized date time field into usable date time field using substring, stuff, replace and convert commands together in order to execute date diff and date add functionalities.
- Created numerous simple to complex queries involving self joins, correlated sub queries as per business requirements. Tuned and optimized queries by altering the database design, analyzing different query options, and indexing strategies.
- Optimized the database by creating various clustered, non-clustered indexes and indexed views.
- Employed the Database Engine Tuning Advisor to analyze the performance effects of workloads and implemented its recommendations wherever appropriate.
- Performed data validation checks during Staging, before loading the data into the Data warehouse.
- Implemented business rules using constraints like Check, Primary Key, and Foreign Key on tables.
- Created views, indexes and stored procedures to improve the process of data retrieval. Verified the execution plan and used the SQL Server profiler to improve performance of the database.
- Worked on administrative tasks such as data loading, batch jobs, data unloading, backup & Recovery, user and application table management, upgrades, creating databases/File groups/files/Transaction log-shipping.
MS SQL Developer
Environment: MS SQL Server 2005, MS SQL Reporting Services (SSRS) MS SQL Integration Services 2005 (SSIS), MS Excel, Windows Server 2003
- Installed SQL Server 2005 and established connectivity with the database created, configured and maintained database maintenance plans
- Created SSIS package to Export and Import data from SQL Server to Access, Text and EXCEL files.
- Configured SQL mail agent for sending mails upon package deployment.
- Also created several event handlers to send alerts, success messages, and error messages and implemented detailed logging.
- Used various SSIS tasks such as Conditional Split, Derived Column, which were used for Data Scrubbing, data cleansing and aggregating the required data.
- Participated in testing and verification of the entire database/data warehouse system after migration.
- Comparing data that was with Verizon to that of migrated to Frontier Communication by extracting reports based on each and every year
- Developed dimensions and fact tables based upon the requirements and based on these facts and dimensions, designed SSAS cubes
- Reviewed the architecture of the data warehouse for preserving data accuracy and integrity and used to investigate a lot on Data Discrepancies.
- Involved creating detailed documentation for the migration, creation of data warehouse and all other tasks.
MS SQL Developer
Environment: MS SQL Server 2000, T-SQL, C#.NET, ASP.NET Window Server 2000
- Responsible for documenting design, providing estimates, programming specifications, performing unit and systems testing, and recording test results.
- Researched the current updates and improvements in the corporate and ensured that the database system was updated accordingly.
- Developed, tested and implemented Referential Integrity rules and regulations through constraints and normalization of the transactional database system.
- Created complex Stored Procedures, Triggers, Functions, Indexes, Tables, Views and other T-SQL code and SQL joins for applications
- Generated Crystal reports using SQL Server Reporting Services integrated and deploying them using web applications in Data Modeling in Business Objects
- Identified, tested, and resolved database performance issues (monitoring and tuning) to ensure database optimization.
- .NET Developers/Architects Resumes
- Java Developers/Architects Resumes
- Informatica Developers/Architects Resumes
- Business Analyst (BA) Resumes
- Quality Assurance (QA) Resumes
- Network and Systems Administrators Resumes
- Help Desk and Support specialists Resumes
- Oracle Developers Resumes
- SAP Resumes
- Web Developer Resumes
- Datawarehousing, ETL, Informatica Resumes
- Business Intelligence, Business Object Resumes
- MainFrame Resumes
- Network Admin Resumes
- Oracle Resumes
- ORACLE DBA Resumes
- Other Resumes
- Peoplesoft Resumes
- Project Manager Resumes
- Quality Assurance Resumes
- Recruiter Resumes
- SAS Resumes
- Sharepoint Resumes
- SQL Developers Resumes
- Technical Writers Resumes
- WebSphere Resumes
- Hot Resumes