Information Technology Professional with extensive technical and leadership experience in systems and application development, including full system design and installation for mainframe and midrange systems, database architecture and design, data warehousing, data modeling, production support and computer operations. Extremely proficient in ascertaining methods to streamline and automate manual processes. Proven ability to determine, develop and execute structured educational programs for the benefit of the company and the individual.
Technical and Business Management
Data Center Management
Automated Operations and Quality Control
Mainframe and Midrange Operations
Change Process Management
Upgrades / Installations
Vendor / Client Relations
AVP / Team Lead / Consultant / Systems Programmer
Provided mainframe operational and infrastructure support and leadership for all retail and consumer production environments. My team was responsible for all aspects of the production mainframe systems z/OS Ver. 01.13.0 utilizing JES2 and JES3 SYSPLEX environments, Thruput Manager TPM , Workload Manager WLM , IMS, DB2, NDM Connect:Direct , all started tasks, production jobs running via CA7, DASD, real tape and virtual tape utilizing IBM's TS7700 Virtualization Engine, Network, printers, and end-user requirements. Responsibilities also included installing, activating, and manipulating WLM Policies and Thruput Manager JAL Job Action Language , JBS Job Binding Services and JLS Job Limiting Services Agents and all storage/DASD requirements. Primary tools are TEP Tivoli Enterprise Portal , TSO/ISPF, RMF III, Netview, IBM TS7700, Omegamon, Omegamon XE, MS Access w/visual basic front end utilizing SQL, Unix System Services for z/OS, BMC Mainview for DB2, TPM, WLM, and CISCO WebEx. Developed tools using SQL, MS Access, SharePoint, and Rexx. Current ITIL training.
Consultant / Sr. Analyst
Consulted to Companion Data Services CDS/Trailblazer to provide technical support and leadership to the consolidation effort to transition all necessary applications used in the processing of the Centers for Medicare Medicaid Services CMS from multiple data centers nationwide down to 2 data centers. Designed, coded and implemented new applications targeted at streamlining and automating implementation efforts using Rexx with ISPF Panels, tables, skeletons, messages and LM Utilities. Automated NDM Connect:Direct reports and data streams.
Project Manager / Sr. Application Analyst
Consulted to Alliance Data Systems. Managed multiple development and improvement related projects aimed at streamlining the overall production process. Developed processes and guidelines designed to improve efficiencies within the Utilities Services Department for analysts and DBAs to use as a reference. Provided analytical skills on development projects utilizing Oracle 9i databases and various scripting languages including .NET, VB and Perl. Successfully managed multiple budget related projects aimed at reducing DASD, CPU and Tape usage.
AVP / Data Center Manager - Computer Operations / DBA
- Managed mainframe computer operations which included console operators, network technicians and production control analysts providing high reliability, high availability 24 x 7 processing for 84.6 million America, Canada and European card holders including authorization and data warehousing systems. Performed resource management, personnel development, performance reviews, recruiting, interviewing and hiring/firing.
- Designed and implemented data center guidelines and efficiencies, resulting in better communication and quicker turnaround on issues and opportunities.
- Collaborated with HR to define career advancement path and compile skills inventory database.
- Implemented policies to cross train personnel on all job functions, resulting in quicker response to issues and customer inquiries.
- Developed team procedures, which included system recovery and problem resolution, to ensure SLAs were met and 100 system availability was achieved.
- Set measurable objectives and goals to increase productivity and job knowledge.
- Designed and implemented an intranet-based resource library with guidelines and study guides used as a reference for data center personnel and support groups.
- Streamlined and automated numerous manual intensive processes, such as restart of non-critical production job abends and restart of dropped transmission lines.
- As production DBA, responsible for providing support to all development DBAs to ensure all standards, guidelines and processes are followed and adhered to. Identify and eliminate production DB2 problems, eliminate root causes and oftentimes providing new guidelines. Develop automated processes using REXX to query DB2 z/OS system catalog tables in order to generate DDL statements. Utilize REXX to generate unload, load, copy and Runstat jobs. Build automated processes that will validate all selected objects are accurately defined. Provide approval for Endevor packages and Service Center tasks and requests. Provide 24 x 7 on-call support for all production applications. Responsible for installation of new storage groups, buffer pools, databases, tables, table spaces, indexes, views, aliases, grants, binds, stored procedures, alters, re-orgs, loads, unloads, and image copies. Responsibilities also included generating runstats and reviewing and approving BMC worklists.
Sr. Systems Programmer Analyst
Consulted to MBNA to provide systems programmer expertise. Responsible for managing system software changes implemented during the weekend maintenance window IPL . Those changes included installation of system software changes including upgrades, new implementations, APARS and patches across all mainframe platforms.
Systems Programmer / DBA
- Provided technical proficiency to Education and Training Department to develop and manage efficient strategic solutions within the process of software base code installation and delivery of class labs with a focus on DB2.
- Utilized Rexx with ISPF to streamline and automate implementation processes for installation of MVS base code, DB2, QMF, CICS, Tivoli and BMC product applications used in delivery of class lab applications making installations trouble-free and more efficient.
- Developed and implemented efficiency guidelines and strategies within the internet-based applications tied to the education and training web site, which resulted in a well-organized, easy to follow cost-effective pattern for future upgrades and installations.
- Provided DBA and DB2 product and system support for all Education and Training classroom delivered DB2 core curriculum.
Software Engineer / Field Support Manager
- Consulted to IBM Education and Training Department to develop and manage efficient strategic solutions within the process of software installation and to streamline the delivery of class labs.
- Consulted to Sprint to manage multiple projects designed to streamline and enhance automated scheduling and billing cycles. Eliminated over 4500 objects within a single billing cycle by providing better efficiency in executing and manipulating the database used to generate customer invoices.
- Consulted to IBM Royal Tech to provide technical support and stability. Streamlined efficiencies that ensured 99.7 availability of Southeast Region MVS mainframe systems through designing, coding and implementing Rexx-based programs that automated numerous processes.
Automations Analyst / Systems Programmer
Led automation effort in streamlining and automating processes throughout mainframe environment utilizing AFOperator and Rexx.
Consulted to AT T to provide RACF and DASD administrator support and MVS/XA system level support.
Worked in operations, production control, application, and system support. Completed educational certification in the Operations Development Program OPD , Network Development NWD and Systems Engineering Development SED programs.
Rexx, Clist, DB2, Cobol, Cobol II, CICS, Assembler, SAS, JCL PROCS , VSAM, Perl, HTML, XML, DHTML, SQL, DB2, Dialog Manager, IBM Utilities, Visual Basic, C, C
Mainframe / Midrange Hardware / DASD
Processors: z Series/z Enterprises, TREX 2084, Z-Series 2064, 3090-200, 400, 600, 3084-Q96, 4381-P12, 3038-J24, 3033 AP, 3033 UP, 158-3, IBM 9672 dual sites , IBM Pseries, 60 Power4 Dualcore, FastT Fibre Channel San, Escon, Ficon, Stratus, HP PA-RISC 480 GHz, DEC
IBM, Hitachi, StorageTek DASD: 3380 including D E models , mod 3, 9 3350, 3330-11, 3330-1, STC 4305, EMC, Shark, Storage Tek Tape Silo Systems, TS7700
z/OS 1.13.0 and previous, MVS, CICS, Websphere, MQ Series, WLM, TPM, Symon, Wireless Office, Service Center, Visual Staff Scheduler, GDPS/XRC, LDRPS, Omegamon, Omegamon II, Omegamon XE, Omegaview, ASF, BMC Patrol/Command Post, Connect:Direct, MCS Consoles, QPASA, CA1, CA7, CA11, CA-JCLCheck, TMS, RMM, DTT, Tivoli Workload Scheduler, Unicenter Job Command Console, HP Openview, Stratacom/Strataview, datatrax, DWDM, DB2, AIX, QMF, QMFHPO, SPUFI, BMC, Catalog manager, DASD manager, change manager, logmaster, FileAid, SAS-Access, Rexx interface/DB2, CA Insight/DB2, CA Detector, Blaze, Connect:Mailbox, MoveIT/NDM, Network Data Mover NDM/Connect:Direct , DB2 UDB, CICS, Endevor, RACF, Websphere, MQSeries, DF/SMS, DF/HSM, DF/DSS, Linux, Unix, SNA, BSC, Escon directors, Ficon directors, HSC Robotic tape management, CICS Superoptimizer, Resolve SRM, Auto Operator, SAS Base, SAS DB2, SAS Connect, Xpediter, Strobe, TWS Tivoli
Windows platforms LAN/WAN Microsoft Office Professional Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio Microsoft Project