- Technically sophisticated and dedicated professional offering several years of broad-based and hands-on experience in leveraging comprehensive programming knowledge across a variety of mainframe platforms.
- Experienced at managing the entire project life cycle by utilizing strong educational foundation, well-rounded skill sets, and extensive training. Expert at designing and implementing new systems as well as analyzing and streamlining existing processes. Effective at working independently or as part of a team toward the achievement of corporate goals and objectives. Able to accomplish all assigned tasks according to specifications and within the set deadlines.
Areas of Expertise
- Management and Supervision
- Technical Support
- Strategic Planning
- Resource Allocation
- On-site and Remote Access
| || |
COBOL/COBOL II, COBOL/400, Customer Information Control System CICS , DB2, OS Job Control Language JCL , Control Language CL
| || |
IBM 3090, IBM PC's, IBM 370 Architecture, IBM iSeries AS400
| || |
Time Sharing Option TSO and Interactive System Productivity Facility ISPF , Virtual Storage Access Method VSAM , OS Multiple Virtual Storage MVS , IBM Utilities And Support Programs, Windows Applications, File-AID, Insync, Abend-AID, Dumpmaster, Expediter
- Hold full accountability in generating and maintaining monthly extract files, which are used by the Finance Actuarial Department in determining reserves for various products from international offices.
- Fully responsible for maintaining existing COBOL and Control Language CL programs on iSeries AS400 platform which are critical to the timely and accurate processing of reserves calculations for the Finance Actuarial Department.
Restructured existing extract programs to meet changing data requirements of the Finance Actuarial Department and created new extract programs for valuation products. The timing of the restructuring was crucial to allow the Finance Actuarial Department to meet their financial requirements and all was completed within the required timeframe.
Automated Financial Systems