I am a IT Systems Engineer specialized in Database Management with over 10 years of experience in Information Technology. My expertise includes database development, administration, ETL, and data integration in major commercial database systems. With Microsoft SQL Server, I have developed, optimized, and performance tuned T-SQL stored procedures, triggers, queries, DTS and SSIS Packages. . With Oracle I am familiar with DML, DDL, DCL and PL-SQL. I also have has extensive experience in every stage of the life cycle of Enterprise Resource Planning ERP applications, and was the Project Manager of a successful SAP MM/FI/CO/WM/Retail implementation. I have worked in various industry domains such as Retail, Telemarketing, Manufacturing and Health Care. I communicate effectively with all users within the organization and pay outstanding attention to detail of business requirements and quality control.
- DATABASEs: MS SQL Server 2008/2005/2000/7.0, MySQL, DB2, Oracle 11g.
- Database Tools: SQL Server Business Intelligence Development Studio. SQL Server Management Studio SSMS , Microsoft SQL Server Profiler, Performance Monitor, Microsoft DTS, SQL Server Integration Services SSIS , SQL Server Analysis Services SSAS , SQL Server Query Analyzer. Oracle Enterprise manager.
- Server OS: Windows 2003/2000/NT,UNIX, LINUX, IBM 4690
- Desktop OS: Windows 7/XP/NT/2000/98/95
- PROGRAMING LANGUAGES: SQL, T-SQL, PL-SQL, Visual FoxPro 6.0, Object Pascal, Visual C , Pascal
- DESIGN TOOLS: Microsoft Visio, Microsoft Project, CASE Tools, IDEA Analysis Software
- REPORTING TOOLS: Seagate Crystal Reports XI, SQL Server Reporting Services SSRS
- ERP: SAP Basis, SAP R/3, IBM Supermarket Application, Visual Accountmate, Cactus Medical Credentialing Software .
My responsibilities are to support the financial audit projects to assure, by using Audit methodologies and analysis tools that the IT systems and Data in our clients really hold the financial information and they are in compliance with industry standards. Also my position offers internal IT support to facilitate the audit consultants the access to information from their client's Accounting Systems or Reports. At the same time we offer services on database developing and Data Management and we are working on projects to migrate Databases from MSSQL 2000/2005 to MSSQL2008 servers .
The primary role of this position is to manage and maintain the business critical databases and database operating systems to achieve maximum performance and reliability and to ensure the integrity and security of all managed database systems. The DBA is responsible for and will take ownership of all O/S-based databases necessary to administer all lines of business specifically, but not exclusively, Microsoft SQL 2005 databases . In this position the DBA confers with supervisor and representatives of departments concerning programs that input and extract data as well as external sources that provide input data to resolve questions of database structure and performance, program intent, output requirements, and inclusion of internal checks and controls. Tests, maintains, and modifies database configurations and database operating system software. Using MSSQL 2005 SQL Server Management Studio, SQL Server Business Intelligence Development Studio.
- I was hired to help the company in its efforts to implement the new ERP and to move to a MSSQL 2005 platform. The project includes designing and developing customized reports from the ERP INFOR-Adage that will allow the company to implement this ERP successfully. This set of reports includes several important reports that were run in the legacy Systems and help the Managers to measure performance in the company.
- Obtained User Requirements and Analyzed the ERP Database to obtain accurate data.
- Developed database store procedures and Views using T-SQL and DDL in SSMS.
- Designed Crystal Reports XI including Cross tab reports and Sub Reports and deployed these in the ERP Report Tool.
- Documented Solutions and Help the IT Staff to transition from the UNIX BASIC environment to the MSSQL 2005. Introduced in the company Standards and Best Practices in MSSQL and Crystal Reports.
- Responsible for administering the SQL Servers of the company.
- Designed and installed the Production SQL 2005 Server cluster multi-node for the LN ERP application and the BizTalk 2006 Server.
- Provided administration and ensured stabilization of the legacy backup applications and procedures using Microsoft SQL backup, Microsoft SQL Agent, LZMA Compression, and RSYNC file transfer server.
- Analyzed and documented the systems using Microsoft Visio and SharePoint.
- Responsible for daily database maintenance and troubleshooting.
- Worked as the Technical Leader and DBA in the implementation of the new Data Warehouse for the Contact Studio Telemarketing ETL application that allowed the company to get real time data from the call centers, and to update IT data management and reporting infrastructure from a FoxPro file platform to a SQL Server 2005 relational database management system.
- Implemented data migration from the Visual FoxPro backend and reporting systems to SQL Server 2005.
- Communicated with the management and end users in order to determine the requirements for the new databases and upgrades to the existing ones.
- Designed and developed SQL Server 2005 databases.
- Wrote Transact-SQL scripts and stored procedures.
- Performed data backup and administration of the SQL Server and MySQL databases. Designed, documented, and implemented SQL Server and MySQL disaster recovery plans.
- Administered the OLTP and reporting databases including memory and storage allocation and indexing and query optimization utilizing SQL Profiler, Execution Plans, and Performance Monitor.
- Designed, implemented, and maintained daily and on demand data flow processes between the call centers and the primary database using linked servers, DTS and SSIS packages, FTP, and other techniques.
- Designed and developed internal reports and client reports using SSRS.
- Mentored other Visual FoxPro developers in the proper design and usage of the SQL Server databases