- I'm a graduate in Linguistics from the Defense Language Institute. My career of 25 years includes experience in:
- Information technology technical support and documentation
- SQL database administration and design
- Software application development, user interface requirements, data architecture
- I am seeking a position with requirements among the following skills:
- IT Management / Database Developer / Data Architect
- Technical Support / Technical Documentation
- Native fluency in English with outstanding writing skill
- Fluency in Brazilian Portuguese
- Intimate knowledge of SQL
- Detail-oriented, perceptive, and articulate 'people person'
- Can analyze, apprehend, and convey complex and arcane subjects and systems.
- Able to translate concepts, assess and accommodate the cultures and vocabularies of different audiences.
- Long-range vision, able to anticipate pitfalls and foresee possibilities
- Enjoy problem-solving, good at adapting available resources and improvising solutions.
- Kind, open-minded, adaptable, and patient.
- Expertise in aerospace engineering, computer science, physics, and communications systems
- Information technology
- Expert level proficiency in relational database administration and design, SQL, data cleansing and conversion Microsoft SQL Server
- Extensive experience in knowledge base systems and IT architecture
- Technical support, documentation and training
- Office applications, troubleshooting, office IT management, expertise in Word, Excel and OpenOffice suite
- Experience with PC hardware and Mac OS X, Unix BSD, Linux , Windows operating systems
- Moderate experience with various web content management systems CMS
- Moderate experience in Software application development, user interface requirements Visual Studio C .Net
- Exceptional verbal and written communication in English
- English technical writing, proofreading and editing
- Fluent proficiency in Brazilian Portuguese
- Proficient in Russian to English translation, Portuguese to English Translation, English to Portuguese translation
- Functional proficiency in Spanish reading and writing and basic speaking ability
- Professional translation Russian to English of websites, localization of software products and games, technical translation, writing articles, reviews, press releases, fast translation of business correspondence, proofreading and editing, video production, investment proposals.
- Localization and internationalization of software.
- Site Translation - Translation of websites, online stores, help systems, online product catalogs, and blogs. All translations take into account the cultural setting, text encoding, abbreviations, number and date formats, local currency, and other factors.
- Topics: Electromechanical engineering, Aerospace, Information Technology, Mathematics, Physics, Communications systems
As the Regional Director of Sales Development, I traveled extensively in Brazil to explore markets, forge partnerships and discover distributors for the company, while learning the language, culture, customs, and business environment. I also researched import and government regulations, construction standards and tax incentives offered for green products entering the Brazilian market. Based on this research, Eco- mart identified a core group of products to bring to market in Brazil, and entered into contracts with the manufacturers of those products to protect the Company's sales channels to be developed. As CIO, developed a Portuguese and English language online store site for core products to be promoted as Eco- mart Brasil . I was responsible for the design, configuration and curation of the corporate knowledge base and collaboration system hosted on Plone 4 CMS, an object-oriented, web 3.0 technology. I was also responsible for leading English-Portuguese translations and creating site ontology and workflow policy.
- Responsible for formation documents, marketing research, business planning, correspondence, negotiation and procurement
- Performed writing and translation of marketing materials, technical documentation, and web content
- Created and managed enterprise Semantic MediaWiki SMW site and knowledge base
SQL relational database design
- Visual Basic, C, C .Net, web application development
- Mapping graphics processing
- Data Extraction Transformation ETL
- Automated internet data collection scraping
- Website development
- Troubleshooting configuration for Windows, Linux and Mac OS X
- Lead Developer and Data Architect
- Performed design, troubleshooting, and customization of Microsoft SQL Server relational databases, queries, reports, Data Extraction Transformation ETL
- Designed and developed specialized resource and rental scheduling module for Microsoft Retail Management System RMS using ORM Object-Relational Modeling Artificial Intelligence technology in C .NET windows environment
- Developed digital signature capture system for generating receipts and contracts
- Level 3 customer technical support
- System installation and configuration
SQL Developer, Database Systems Architect
Created complex analytical T-SQL queries to filter, detect, and correct invalid or ambiguous data prior to importing from various non-homogeneous government sources, in various formats, into a standardized data structure. For one commercial real estate client, I designed an intelligent system that resolves ambiguities in personal data, such as first name, last name, suffix including foreign names , sex, marital status and family relationship, addresses and assign metadata with high accuracy. The system also resolved ambiguous or invalid address and geolocation data. The design incorporated a statistical feedback loop that continuously improved data validity and automatically flagged potential errors or doubtful information, drawing from various internet data repositories.
Systems Administrator Software Technical Support
- Online and telephone trouble ticket support and follow-up
- Bug troubleshooting and research
- Created and maintained corporate intranet MediaWiki server for documentation and development knowledge base on LAMPP Linux Apache MySQL PHP Perl , installed and configured Red Hat Enterprise Linux RAID-5 servers and network
- Proofed and corrected software end user documentation
- Enriched outside sales leads data and scheduled software demonstrations
- Information Technology Office Automation Consultant
- MS Access and SQL Server relational database design, office automation mail merge and printing
- Designed database repositories and reports for Marketing, inventory and accounting, Commission tracking and Customer Relationship Management CRM applications
- Data security backup, network administration, customer support, inventory auditing
- Developed applications using Visual Basic C
- Web-site development and CMS configuration
- Developed algorithms for geographic mapping graphics processing
- Data Extraction Transformation ETL
- Automated internet data collection scraping
- Created enterprise knowledge base systems using MediaWiki
Senior Computer Support Specialist
I created an inter-office information system used for all administration staff functions, including student registration, student personal data, billing, and course databases, schedules, enrollment, evaluations and transcripts. The inter-office system eliminated redundant and error-prone data entry tasks and also supported automated generation of publication of course schedules in web, newspaper and catalog formats that were formerly time-consuming and complex manual processes. The system integrated with USF's Oracle BANNER system. I was responsible for proofing and publishing the semi-annual course syllabus book. I also assisted with registration tasks during periods of extraordinary front desk workload.
Developer, Software Technical Support
- Developed intelligence gathering and management tools QBASIC, Assembler , including an upgrade for legacy satellite tracking and antenna control system.
- Developed satellite path prediction software C based on orbital mechanics that increased quantity and quality of data collection during critical orbital maneuvers
- QC tested and documented in-house software projects
- Detected flaws and suggested improvements to user interfaces and functionality
- Trained users for in-house and commercial software
- PC troubleshooting, software installation and configuration
- Administered Windows SCO UNIX networks
- Linguist Specialist, Communications Analyst
- Translated, transcribed, analyzed, reported foreign-language aerospace, scientific, and military research and activities
- Quality assurance for mission-critical defense intelligence produced by subordinates and peers
- Supervised, trained, evaluated trainees on equipment, operations, translation, transcription, reporting, and preventative maintenance of voice and data communications systems
System Administrator and Developer
Administrator: managed large CMS and UNIX based foreign-language machine translation system SYSTRAN used by 40 language specialists to translate open-source and clandestine intelligence. Lexicographer/Developer: researched, corrected translation rules created quality feedback and work flow system.