Senior lead or management level position in mainframe application development and support. Desire to work with a team to analyze, define, develop and implement technical solutions to current day business challenges.
Background in complete project life cycle design, development, coding and implementation of sophisticated large scale on-line and batch Health Insurance, Property Casualty Insurance, Banking, Investment Banking, Financial, Pharmaceutical, and Government applications. Worked with OS/JCL IBM Utilities, MVS/ESA, MVS/XA OS/VS2, OS/390, Z/OS, IDCAMS, IMS, DB2, DB2 Stored Procedures, DB2 Utilities, MQ Series, CICS/VS Command Level, Intertest, Expediter, Sysview, TMON, VSAM, IAM, TSO/ISPF, Endevor, Librarian, Panvalet, Easytrieve, Fileaid, Windows 7, Microsoft Office Suite, Microsoft Project. Strong background in ANS COBOL, COBOL II, and COBOL LE.
Lead Programmer Analyst
- Lead programmer analyst on the production support and maintenance of the QCare System a medical Insurance processing system. My main effort is on the claims processing sub-system, both Provider and Institutional claims. Most of the claims processed are received via EDI Gateway and I have a basic understanding of EDI 837 processing. I am the first level of escalation for production problems and am available on a 24/7 basis. Immediate responsibility is to correct and/or work around any issue and complete the production processing, then work on the program maintenance for the long term correction of these problems.
- Additionally, when there are discrepancies in previously implemented development projects, I perform the necessary analysis, design, and implementation of the corrections to the affected programs.
- As part of my lead role, I assist other members of my team to complete their assignments.
Senior Programmer Analyst
Worked on the conversion of a re-insurance booking system from OS/VS COBOL to MVS COBOL LE. The system used IMS DB/DC under TELON.
Worked for different clients in the New York Metropolitan area on a range of IBM Mainframe Projects in various positions including Senior Programmer Analyst, Lead Programmer Analyst, and Senior Analyst/Application Developer.
- Confidential Worked as a Senior Programmer Analyst to implement a Securities Settlement System for calculating the US Income Tax Rates for Non-resident Alien investments. Made use of COBOL LE, DB2, DB2 utilities, DB2 Stored Procedures, CICS, and MQ Series. 9/00 12/02.
- Hoffmann-La Roche - Worked as a Lead Programmer Analyst to support and enhance a Pharmaceutical Data Interpretation System. 3/98 9/00.
- Merrill Lynch - Worked as a programmer analyst in the Mutual Funds Systems Department on the Share Lot 1997 Year End Cost Basis Statements Project. Used COBOL II, DB2, CICS, Interest, JCL, SPUFI, Proedit, Viasoft, Insight, and Endevor. 7/97 2/98
- Merck-Medco - COBOLII/DB2/CICS multi-platform Conversion project. This project moved a drug inventory system from a UNISYS mainframe to a multi-platform PC Client Server/UNIX Client server/IBM Enterprise Server system. 3/94 - 7/97
- Warner Insurance - COBOL/COBOLII/VSAM/CICS based New Jersey Auto Insurance Policy Rating System. 4/93 3/94
Senior Programmer Analyst and Project Leader
- Functioned as a Senior Programmer Analyst in support of the Commercial Lines Rating and Policy Writing System. Duties included ongoing support of the online and batch performance and data storage requirements. Also assisted with technical questions and performance issues.
- Worked in the Claims Services Area, as Senior Systems Analyst and Project Leader on the Claims Processing System. Was hands-on Project Leader on the interfacing of a PC based application to the mainframe CICS application, requiring writing CICS programs. Also held the position of Supervisor of the Claims Application Development Unit, responsible for five people. Successfully implemented the Commercial Lines System/Claims System Interface and the Claims Archival and Retrieval Subsystem.
Staff Consultant and Technical Account Manger
- As a Technical Account Manager, duties consisted of monitoring consultant performance, conducting consultant performance and salary reviews, and coordinating the activities of 9 - 12 consultants. Functioned as a liaison between staff consultants, clients and consulting firm management. Provided technical sales support, assisted in project bidding and presentation and conducted technical interviews for new employees.
- As a Staff Consultant, worked for different of clients in the New York, NY, Washington, D.C. and Baltimore, MD. Metropolitan areas on a range of IBM Mainframe Projects in positions including Programmer Analyst, Senior Programmer Analyst, Lead Programmer Analyst, and Senior Analyst/Application Developer.
- Clients included: Signet Bank of Maryland, USF G Insurance, AMTRAK, Defense Nuclear Agency, Bell Atlantic, Maryland National Bank, Embassy of Kuwait, United States Marine Corps, Mercantile Safe Deposit and Trust, Washington, D.C. Department of Employment Services, International Group Plans Insurance, Empire Blue Cross and Blue Shield, Paramount Pictures.