Ms Sql Server /bi (ssis/ssas/ssrs) Developer /sql Dba Resume
- Over 7+ years of IT experience with a strong background in Data warehousing projects design, development and implementation with SQL Server 2008R 2/2008/2005/2000 in a high transaction and multi server production environment.
- Extensive experience in Data Modeling, Database Design, Programming, Development and Implementation of Client - Server Applications & Database systems using MSSQL
- Experience with all phase of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) involving Systems Analysis, Design, Development and Implementation.
- Highly proficient in using T-SQL for developing complex Stored Procedures, Triggers, Tables, Views, User Functions, SQL Server Profiles, Relational Database Models and Data Integrity, SQL joins and Query Writing.
- Expertise in Data Extraction, Transforming and Loading using SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS), Data Transform Services (SSIS), Bulk Insert and BCP.
- Successfully created SSIS (Integration Services) package design, development, and deployment using SQL 2008 advanced features in Control flow, data flow, Error Handling and event handling.
- Worked on designing and developing enterprise reports(SSRS/Business Objects) using the data from SSIS Loads, SSAS Cubes and various heterogeneous data sources.
- Strong experienced in normalizing databases for OLTP environments and de-normalizing tables for use in OLAP environments.
- Proficient in Data Warehousing methodologies and concepts, including star schemas, snowflakes, dimensional modeling and reporting tools, worked with high volume databases with partitioned data.
- Highly experienced in optimizing MOLAP Cubes by partitioning them, Designing Aggregations, implementing Hierarchies and Calculated Members.
- Hands on experience in implementing Key Performance Indicator (KPI) Objects in SSAS 2005 and Create Calculate member in MOLAP cube using MDX in SSAS 2005.
- Created and Deploying SSRS Reports on the portal for user accessibility.
- Extensive experience in writing Parameterized Queries for generating Tabular reports, Formatting report layout, Sub reports using Global Variables, Expressions, Functions, Sorting the data, defining data source and subtotals for the reports using SSRS 2008R 2/2008/2005.
- Expert in using tools MS SQL Profiler, Index Tuning Wizard, Windows performance for monitoring and tuning SQL Server performance.
- Good communication skills and innovative at work. Ability to work as team and complete the assigned tasks on time being obedient and committed to responsibilities.
MS SQL Server 2008R 2/2008/2005/2000 , MS SQL Analysis Services (SSAS), MS SQL Server Integration Service (SSIS), MS SQL Reporting Services (SSRS), Microsoft Access 2007/2003/8.0 , Microsoft Excel, Outlook, MS SQL Profiler, SQL Query Analyzer, MS SQL Server Index Tuning Wizard, Erwin Data Modeler 7.3/4.2/4.1/4.0 , Microsoft Products MS Word, VSS, MS Power Point, T-SQL, HTML, XML, MS Visio 2003, Windows 2003/2000 Advanced Server/Professional, Windows NT 4.0 Server/Workstation.
Confidential, Richfield, OH
MS SQL Server /BI (SSIS/SSAS/SSRS) Developer /SQL DBA
- Involved in planning, defining and designing data and provided documentation.
- Used SSIS Import/Export Wizard, for performing the ETL operations.
- Createdalerts, notifications, and emailsfor scheduledSSISpackages execution.
- Performed T-SQL tuning and optimization of queries for reports that take longer execution time using MS SQL Profiler, index tuning wizard and SQL Query Analyzer in MS SQL Server 2008.
- Generated reports using SSRS that could be used to send information to different primary vendors, clients, and managers.
- Designed a schema for the data warehouse using dimensional modeling and developed it using the Erwin tool.
- Performs both developing and database administration (DBA) role.
- Created sub-reports, drilldown-reports, summary reports, and parameterized reports in SSRS.
- Generated reports using SSRS that could be used to send information to different Primary vendors, clients and managers.
- Maintained the table performance by following the tuning tips like normalization, creating Indexes.
- Used the HTML code to make the report manager more functional and customizable.
- Evaluated database performance and performed maintenance duties such as tuning, backup, restoration and disaster recovery.
- Applied various data transformations like Slowly Changing Dimension (SCD), Aggregate, Sort, Multicasting, Conditional split, Derived column using SSIS.
- Troubleshootand fixed issues in existing cubes in SSAS.
- Created calculated measures and dimension members using Multi Dimensional Expressions (MDX).
- Generated dynamic reports from cubes (SSAS) using SSRS.
- Designed a new schema for the data mart databases.
- Implemented SSAS cubes, facts and dimension tables to perform analysis.
- Ensured best practices are applied and integrity of data is maintained through security and documentation.
Tools: MS SQL Server 2008R2/2008/2005, SQL server Reporting Services 2008 R2, SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS), Microsoft Visual Studio, SQL Server Management Studio, MS Excel, T-SQL, ERWIN, SQL Server Profiler, Database Engine Tuning Advisor.
Confidential, Powder Springs, GA
Sr. MS SQL Server /BI (SSIS/SSRS) Developer
- Worked on SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS) to integrate and analyze data from multiple homogeneous and heterogeneous information sources (CSV, Excel, Oracle db, and SQL 2005).
- Extract and Transform data into Staging Servers for historical.
- Performed Loading operation of historical data using full load and incremental load into Enterprise Data Warehouse.
- Created SSIS packages to Extract, Transform and load data using different transformations such as Lookup, Derived Columns, Condition Split, Aggregate, Pivot Transformation, and Slowly Changing Dimension, Merge Join and Union all.
- Developed Custom Logging so user can know when a row is inserted in custom logging table by every SSIS package that executes.
- Filtered data from Transient Stage to EDW by using Complex T-SQL statements in Execute SQL Query Task and in Transformations and implemented various Constraints and Triggers for data consistency and to preserve data integrity.
- Used For-Each Loop Container, Sequence Container, Script task, Expressions, Execute SQL task, Send Mail Task, Package Execution task to achieve business needs.
- Created and modified various Stored Procedures used in the application using T-SQL.
- Scheduled and maintain packages by daily, weekly and monthly using SQL Server Agent in SSMS.
- Developed complex Stored Procedures to generate various Drill-through reports, Parameterized reports, Tabular reports, Matrix reports and linked reports using SSRS.
- Wrote complex Expressions and Calculations for SSRS reports with Conditional Formatting.
- Created Project Expense Statements in all Data marts and other Financial Reports using SSRS. Developed yearly and quarterly company expense reports.
- Responsible for Deployment of the report using SSRS and used Report Subscription (Data Driven and Standard) to publish reports.
- Tuned SQL query for better performance using SQL Profiler.
- Documented all work, so user can easily understand the flow of process.
Tools: MS SQL Server 2008R2/2008/2005, SQL server Reporting Services 2008, SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS), VSS, Microsoft Visual Studio, SQL Server Management Studio, MS Excel, T-SQL, ERWIN, SQL Server Profiler, Database Engine Tuning Advisor.
Confidential, Wilmington, DE
MS SQL Server/ BI (SSIS/SSAS/SSRS) Developer
- Performed System Study and Requirements Analysis, prepared Data Flow Diagrams, Entity Relationship Diagrams, Data Diagrams, Table Structures.
- Enhanced the old logical and physical database design to fit new business requirement, and implemented new design into SQL Server 2008.
- Installed SQL Server 2008 and Management tools using SQL Server Setup Program.
- Wrote T-SQL queries, Store Procedures and used them to build packages.
- Involved designing and developing packages for a Data Warehousing and Data Migrations projects using Integration services (SSIS) on different Data Sources.
- Extracted the data from Oracle, Flat Files, Transformed (Implemented required Business Logic) and Loaded into the target DW using SSIS (SQL Server 2008).
- Designed SSIS Packages to transfer data from various sources like XML Files, SQL Server, Excel, and Access to SQL Server.
- Handled slowly changing dimensions to maintain the history of the data.
- Involved in Designing and deploying cubes inSSASenvironment using Snowflake Schema Designs for the operational data
- Identified Key Performance Indicators (KPI) and Metrics for Business needs in SSAS
- Involved in Analyzing, designing, building &, testing of OLAP cubes withSSAS2005 and in adding calculations using MDX.
- Responsible for optimizing all indexes, SQL queries, stored procedures to improve the quality of software.
- Designed, reviewed and created primary objects (views, indexes, etc.) based on logical design models, user requirements and physical constraints.
- Created trace in SQL Profiler and used Data base engine tuning advisor for Performance tuning on stored procedures and Scripts.
- Documented all the new procedures, troubleshooting issues and solutions, Enhancement and changes in Daily and monthly running processes, and maintain the database for future reference.
Tools: MS SQL Server 2008/2005, SQL Server Integration Services, SQL Server Analysis Services, MS Visual Windows 2003/2000 and T-SQL, Erwin, SQL Server Profiler.
Confidential, Herndon, VA
MS SQL Server/ BI (SSIS/SSAS/SSRS) Developer
- Created Stored Procedure, User-defined Functions to take care of back end validations when transferring data to Production Server.
- Wrote custom T-SQL stored procedures and triggers to improve performance, preserve referential integrity, and provide additional application functionality Implemented backup and database maintenance plans.
- Designed and implemented SSIS (Extraction, Transform and Load) for data migration and data staging from heterogeneous environment like MS Access and MS Excel using SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS).
- Strong experience in designing and testing (Unit, Integration and Regression) packages to extract, transform and load data using SSIS
- Designed packages which utilized tasks and transformations such as Execute SQL Task, Data Flow Task, Sequence Container, For Each Loop Container, Lookup, Aggregate, Expression, OLE DB Command and Derived Column.
- Generated periodic reports based on the statistical analysis of the data using SQL Server reporting Services (SSRS).
- Successfully created the structure of the model and cube in SSAS and reviewed Cube with end user and changed the cube and documentation according to their requirements.
- Designed MDX expressions/queries for accessing cubes; involved in query structuring and performance optimization.
- Created KPIs to monitor Business performance using SSAS.
- Used profiler to find badly performing queries and deadlocks.
- Tuned SQL queries using show plans and execution plans for better performance.
- Designed user access and privileges to access the database at various levels to provide better security, created and implemented the scripts in various production and development servers.
- Optimized Indexes for better performance using Execution Plans and Database Engine Tuning wizards.
- Worked with Database Consistency Checks (DBCC) to ensure the physical consistency of the database and objects.
- Monitored the database to identify and resolve the performance issues using SQL Server Profiler.
Tools: MS SQL Server Reporting Services, SQL Server Integration Services, MS SQL Server 2005, Windows Server 2003, Erwin 4.3, VSS, MS Access, MS Excel 2005.
Confidential, Harrisburg, PA
MS SQL Server/ BI (SSIS/SSRS) Developer
- Responsible for Conceptual, logical and physical design with a significant effort towards application using ERWIN.
- Involved in designing the data warehouse and core Database for the system including tables, Stored Procedures, Indexes, UDF and triggers.
- Successful design code database schema, support SQL development and write a complex SQL code and troubleshoot SQL code.
- Worked on operations such as Fine-tuning queries and stored procedures and providing consultation to other developers.
- Performed activities like analyzing and improving the architecture of databases, creation & indexing of the tables.
- Created views to facilitate easy user interface implementation, and triggers on them to facilitate consistent data entry into the database.
- Used Query Analyzer and SQL Server Profiler for tuning report queries and improves performance in SQL Server.
- Automated and enhanced daily administrative tasks including database backup and recovery.
- Designed SSIS Packages in SQL Server 2008 to handle data migration (SSIS Processes) from transaction System to Dimensional Model.
- Implemented SSIS to extract and transform data from RDBMS and Flat files/CSV, SQL Server 2005 instances and to load into staging and then to DW for further Data Analysis and Reporting by using multiple transformations provided by SSIS such as Data Conversion, Conditional Split, Bulk Insert, merge and union all.
- Configured SQL Mail agent for sending automated alerts/email.
- Provided documentation for all kinds of reports and SSIS packages.
- Scheduled and maintained nightly and weekly loads of data by creating the corresponding job tasks.
- Expert in generated parameterized reports, sub reports, tabular reports using SSRS 2008.
- Generated SQL Server Drill down, Drill through, Adhoc, Cross tab report using SSRS to fit business requirements.
- Designed and created Report templates, bar graphs and pie charts based on the financial data.
- Generated reports using SSRS which were send to different Primary Vendors, Clients, and managers.
- Created reports using Global Variables, Expressions and Functions using MS SQL Server Reporting Services.
- Developed high level daily summary report (Flash Report) and monthly business summary report (Monthly Management Report) and distributed these reports across different business units.
- Worked closely with DBA team to regularly monitor system for bottlenecks and implement appropriate solutions.
Tools: Microsoft SQL Server 2008/2005 Enterprise edition SP3, SSMS, SSIS, SSRS, SSAS, BIDS, Microsoft Visual studio 2005, Windows server 2003.
Confidential, Pittsburg, PA
MS SQL Server/ BI (SSAS/SSRS) Developer
- Conducted detailed analysis of each Legacy source system interface with Data warehouse (DW) including all existing Mainframe Files and Data elements to be converted from Source system to Target Pre-staging.
- Wrote Technical Design Specifications, SSIS workflows and Source to Target Mapping (STTM) spreadsheets for each legacy system interface with DW.
- Designed, developed and deployed complex SSIS packages based on STTM conversion rules for the transformation of Pre-staging data from AS400 systems to subsequent target layers in MS SQL Server 2005.
- Expert in designed and implemented Data Marts, Facts, Dimensions and OLAP cubes having Star/ Snowflake schemas using Dimensional Modeling principles in SSAS.
- Successfully designed and developed MOLAP using SSAS.
- Developed and implemented partitioning and security in cubes based on user roles.
- Implemented Member properties, virtual Dimensions, Dimension custom rollups, write back, action and drill through.
- Designed MDX expressions/queries for accessing cubes; involved in query structuring and performance optimization.
- Created role based Dashboards to monitor KPIs and Ad hoc reports for Accounting and Claims using SSRS.
- Developed complex canned reports using SSRS 2005 from multiple data providers in Underwriting and Claims systems, User defined objects, Aggregate Aware Objects, Charts and synchronized queries.
- Optimized queries and did performance tuning using various MS SQL Server tools such as SQL Profiler, SQL Performance Monitor, and Execution Plan and Index Tuning wizard.
- Validated reports to ensure quality of data and conducted Meetings with business users to review reports and obtain continuous feedback.
- Coordinated the activities of subordinates in the Data warehouse Team and organized weekly status Meetings.
Tools: MS SQL Server 2005 Enterprise Edition, MS SQL Server Integration Service, MS SQL Server Reporting Services, MS SQL Server analysis services, OLAP, BIDS, Visual Studio 2005, T-SQL,VSS, Enterprise manager, MS-Access 2007, MS Excel, Report builder, ER Win R7.3 Windows XP Professional, Windows NT,VB.NET, Performance point server, SQL Profiler.
MS SQL Server Developer
- Successfully installed and configured MS SQL Server 2000.
- Upgraded the database from MS SQL Server 7.0 to MS SQL Server 2000.
- Transferred logins and passwords information using the SSIS Package transfer logins task and the SSIS object transfer task.
- Gathered all the data from legacy systems and loaded them into a SQL Server.
- Created various SSIS packages to load data from the flat file into MS SQL Server 2000.
- Involved in BCP commands to transfer data in text files from MS SQL Server 7.0 to MS SQL Server 2000.
- Developed complex SQL queries using various Joins and Sub-queries, Views, Functions and Triggers.
- Highly proficient in created customized stored procedures and triggers for automating tasks.
- Optimized various SQL Server statements with the help of MS SQL Server Profiler.
- Performed Full Back up, recovery and restoration on MS SQL Server 2000.
- Created many complex stored procedures/functions/triggers and used them in crystal reports directly to generate reports on the fly.
Tools: MS SQL Server 7.0, MS SQL Server 2000, Windows NT/ 2000, Erwin v4.0, MS SQL Server Profiler, Crystal Reports 8.5.
- .NET Developers/Architects Resumes
- Java Developers/Architects Resumes
- Informatica Developers/Architects Resumes
- Business Analyst (BA) Resumes
- Quality Assurance (QA) Resumes
- Network and Systems Administrators Resumes
- Help Desk and Support specialists Resumes
- Oracle Developers Resumes
- SAP Resumes
- Web Developer Resumes
- Datawarehousing, ETL, Informatica Resumes
- Business Intelligence, Business Object Resumes
- MainFrame Resumes
- Network Admin Resumes
- Oracle Resumes
- ORACLE DBA Resumes
- Other Resumes
- Peoplesoft Resumes
- Project Manager Resumes
- Quality Assurance Resumes
- Recruiter Resumes
- SAS Resumes
- Sharepoint Resumes
- SQL Developers Resumes
- Technical Writers Resumes
- WebSphere Resumes
- Hot Resumes