- 8 years of Information Technology development experience on Database Design and Development in SQL server 2012/2008R2/2008/2005/2000 system in OLTP and OLAP environment in various industries like Finance, Insurance and Health Care.
- Excellent experience in SSIS, SSAS and SSRS of MS SQL Server.
- Highly expert in translating Business System Design document into technical design document
- In-depth experience of T-SQL, Databases, Tables, Stored Procedures, DDL/DML Triggers, Views, User defined data types, Cursors and Indexes using T-SQL.
- Proficient in writing complex T-SQL queries using Inner, Left, Right, Outer and Cross Joins.
- Hands on experience in Installing, configuring, managing, monitoring and troubleshooting SQL Server 2012/2008R2/ 2008/2005/2000.
- Experience in scheduling SSIS packages using SQL Server Agent.
- Strong knowledge of using variables and expressions in packages.
- Experience in enhancing and deploying the SSIS Packages from development server to production server.
- Excellent skills in implementing ETL Packages using DTS and SSIS 2012/2008R2/2008/ 2005.
- Proficient in implementing all transformations available in the SSIS toolbox.
- Expert in resolving the performance issue of SSIS packages.
- Experience in Data Extraction, Transforming and Loading ETL between Homogenous and Heterogeneous System using SQL tools SSIS, DTS, Bulk Insert, and XML .
- Well versed in Importing/Exporting Data from various data sources like Excel, Oracle, DB2 and Flat file using BCP, Bulk Insert DTS utility.
- Extensive knowledge in SSAS storage, partitions and aggregations, calculation of queries with MDX, Data Mining Models, developing reports using MDX and SQL.
- Good Knowledge in analyzing, designing, building , testing of OLAP cubes with SSAS 2008 and in adding calculations using MDX.
- Expert in designing and deploying cubes in SSAS environment using Snowflake and Star Schema Designs for the operational data.
- Proficient in creating business critical KPIs using SQL Server Analysis Services SSAS representing aggregations in several different ways - hierarchically and using custom groupings that the company will use to analyze performance.
- Strong experiences to design, deploy, and maintain various SSRS reports in SQL Server 2012/2008R2/2008.
- Administered interface to organize reports and data sources, schedule report execution and delivery, and track reporting history using SSRS 2012/2008R2/2008/2005.
- Extensive experience in report writing using SQL Server Reporting Services like Tabular report, Matrix report, Chart report, Pie Charts and column report.
- Excellent technical and analytical skills with clear understanding of design goals of ER modeling for OLTP and dimension modeling for Data Warehouse.
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to focus on multiple tasks in a high pressure environment.
MS SQL Server 2012/2008R2/2008/2005/2000, Visual studio 2010/2008 SSAS/SSIS/SSRS , Microsoft Access 2007/2003, Microsoft Excel Pivot Table , Outlook, MS SQL Profiler, SQL server Query Analyzer, Index Tuning Wizard, ASP.Net Frame Work 2.0, C , Oracle, DB2, Crystal report, Erwin8/7.3/3.5,Windows 2007/2005 Advanced Server/Professional, Window XP, MS Access, Java, My SQL, CADIS 8.1
Role: SQL Server/SSIS/SSRS Developer
- Created SSIS packages to migrate data from different data sources to data warehouse.
- Successfully extracted transformed and load data into data warehouse.
- Created packages by testing and cleaning the Standardized Data by using tools in Data Flow Transformations Data Conversion, Export Column, Merge join, Sort, Union all, Conditional Split and more for existing/new packages and huge CSV file import from different data sources and other ongoing tasks for mapping.
- Extensively designed the packages and data mapping using Control flow task, Sequence container task, Dataflow Task, Execute SQL Task, Data conversion task, Derived Column task and Script Task in SSIS 2012.
- Scheduled SSIS packages for running monthly and weekly feeds from various guarantors and multiple servers and resources.
- Involved in enhancing and deploying the SSIS Packages from development server to production server.
- Designed, deployed, and maintained of various SSRS Reports in SQL Server 2012.
- Wrote Parameterized Queries for generating Tabular reports and Sub reports using Expressions, and Functions, Sorting the data, Defining Data sources and Subtotals for the reports using SSRS 2012.
- Defined report layouts including report parameters and wrote queries for drill down reports using SSRS 2012.
- Developed complex reports using multiple data providers, user defined objects, aggregate aware objects, charts, and synchronized queries.
- Administered interface to organize reports and data sources, schedule report execution and delivery, and track reporting history using SSRS 2012.
- Responsible for the Performance tuning of the SQL Commands with the use of the SQL Profiler and Database Engine Tuning Wizard.
- Installed and Configured SQL Server Active/Active and Active/Passive clusters. Monitored Scheduled jobs and alerts.
SQL Server 2012,SQL Server BI Development Studio BIDS 2012, Oracle 9i/10g,Clear Case, Clear Quest, SQL Litespeed, Visual Source Safe, T-SQL,Autosys, MS Access, Windows XP/2007 Server
Role: SQL Server/SSIS/SSRS/SSAS Developer
- Involved in Planning, Defining and Designing data based on business requirements and provided documentation.
- Optimized Indexes, Views, Stored Procedures and Functions using T-SQL.
- Used SSIS jobs for importing data from the flat files that brings the data to the application tables.
- Monitored and killed processes that create deadlocks within the database.
- Wrote complex Stored Procedure, Queries, Triggers, Functions, Indexes, User-defined functions and Cursors for the application.
- Used SSIS and T-SQL stored procedures to transfer data from OLTP databases to staging area and finally transfer into data warehouse.
- Used various SSIS tasks such as Conditional Split, Derived Column, lookup which were used for Data Scrubbing, data validation checks during Staging, before loading the data into the Data warehouse.
- Developed and deployed data transfers packages to the appropriate destinations using SSIS.
- Experience in creating Jobs, Alerts, SQL Mail Agent, and schedule SSIS Packages.
- Created SQL server configurations for SSIS packages.
- Used SSIS transformations to implement the Slowly Changing Transformation, to maintain Historical Data in Data warehouse.
- Responsible for creating reports based on the requirements using SSRS 2012.
- Defined the report layout and identified Datasets for the report generation.
- Created different type of reports including Cross-tab, Conditional, Drill-down, Sub reports also parameterized reports.
- Generated reports on wealth information, account information, research reports using ad-hoc reporting to be used by the clients and advisors.
- Designed and created Report templates, bar graphs and pie charts based on the financial data.
- Scheduled the monthly/weekly/daily reports to run automatically.
- Developed, implemented and maintained various database objects such as Stored Procedures, Triggers, Functions, Indexes and Views.
- Developed and implemented procedures to ensure the quality, usability and accuracy of reports.
- Created Packages to group logically related column types and to transfer data.
- Designed both logical and physical data models in Erwin.
SQL server 2008R2,Windows 7. BIDS 2008R2, Windows 2000 Advanced Server, Microsoft Share Point Portal Server, Litigant Log Explorer, BizTalk Server 2009, VSS, SQL Diagnostic Manager, SQL Lite Speed, Dell Power Edge 2650, 1750, 2600.
Role: SQL/SSIS/SSAS/SSRS Developer,
- Reversed engineer backend database to change the T-SQL scripts, create Views, Index, Stored Procedures, Triggers, CTE, Constraints and UDF to improve performance drastically.
- Created various types of performance reports from the TFS server database using SSRS.
- Designed and developed SSIS ETL packages to validate, extract, transform and load data from OLTP system, PSD Staging Database to data warehouse PDW .
- Applied various data transformations like Slowly Changing Dimension, Aggregate, Sort, Multicasting, Conditional Split, Derived column in SSIS.
- Developed and deployed SSIS packages for ETL from OLTP and various sources to staging and staging to Data warehouse using Lookup, Fuzzy Lookup, Derived Columns, Condition Split, Term, Slowly Changing Dimension and more. Performed ETL mappings using MS SQL Server Integration Services.
- Developed and deployed data transfers packages using SSIS, also maintained the jobs running on Servers.
- Created jobs on daily basis and schedule job to update recent data by using SQL Server Agent jobs.
- Worked with Tabular reports, Matrix reports, Gauges Chart reports, Parameterized reports, Sub reports, Ad-hoc reports, Drill down reports as well as interactive reports according to business requirements in time restricted environment using Sql Server Reporting Services SSRS .
- Scheduled execution and delivery of end of the day report using SSRS.
- Participated in reviews of issues related to SSRS reports and work in troubleshooting those issues, fixing, testing and deploying them.
- Performed T-SQL tuning and optimization of queries for reports that take longer execution time using MS SQL Profiler and Database Engine Tuning Advisor.
SQL Server 2008R2, BIDS 2008R2, Integration Services 2008R2, Oracle 9i, Visual SourceSafe, TSQL, Autosys, Rational Clear Case, Clear Quest, MS Access, Windows XP/2003 Server.
Role: SQL Server/SSIS/SSRS/SSAS Developer,
- Worked as a developer in creating complex Stored Procedures, Triggers and Functions.
- Managed index statistics, Tables, Views, cursors and optimizing queries by using execution plan for tuning the database. Implemented different types of constraints on tables.
- Implemented Performance tuning to optimize SQL queries using query analyzer.
- Tested to optimize the procedures and triggers to be used in production.
- Involved in project planning, scheduling for database module with project managers.
- Created the reports based on the requirements using SSRS 2008.
- Generated Cross-Tab, Drill-down, Drill-through and Sub-Report using RDL. Promoted RDLs to Reporting Service Server. Wrote the queries for the drill down reports.
- Formatted the reports using the Global variables and expressions.
- Created detailed reports for the customers to help them decide which policy to purchase by showing demographic information based on various parameters.
- Authored performance based reports for the managers to show sales against various measures like Time, Area, and Price-Range.
- Identified and defined the Datasets for the report generation.
- Extensively used SSIS Import/Export Wizard, for performing the ETL operations.
- Developed, monitored and deployed SSIS packages.
- Performed database transfers and queries tune-up, integrity verification, data cleansing, analysis and interpretation.
- Developed stored procedures to transform the data from enterprise data warehouse to data mart to build dimensions and load data to fact tables.
- Responsible for automation of maintenance jobs, locks and indexes configurations.
- Administered SQL Server security, SQL Server automatic e-mail notification.
- Managed SQL user logins, database user accounts, server roles, database roles and its permissions. Handled dead lock scenarios.
- Involved in analyzing and designing disaster recovery / replication strategies with business managers to meet the business requirements.
- Configured replication servers and transactional replication between production and standby server for disaster recovery. Examine two-way database replication using SQL server.
MS SQL Server 2008, DTS, Windows 2008, SQL Server Management Studio, SQL Server Business Intelligence Development Studio BIDS , SQL Server Query Analyzer, Erwin, MS Visual Source Safe, FTP Communication, MS-Visual Studio, MS Access, BizTalk Server 2009, Oracle 10g, UNIX, XML, ADO.Net.
ROle: SQL Server/SSIS Developer
- Involved in reverse and forward loading of the schema of a database using Erwin.
- Performed Loading operation of historical data using full load and incremental load into Enterprise Data Warehouse.
- Created SSIS packages to Extract, Transform and load data using different transformations such as Lookup, Derived Columns, Condition Split, Aggregate, Pivot Transformation, and Slowly Changing Dimension, Merge Join and Union all.
- Developed Custom Logging so user can know when a row is inserted in custom logging table by every SSIS package that executes.
- Filtered data from Transient Stage to EDW by using Complex T-SQL statements in Execute SQL Query Task and in Transformations and implemented various Constraints and Triggers for data consistency and to preserve data integrity.
- Used For-Each Loop Container, Sequence Container, Script task, Expressions, Execute SQL task, Send Mail Task, Package Execution task to achieve business needs.
- Wrote complex SQL queries using joins, sub queries and correlated sub queries to retrieve data from the database
- Created and modified various Stored Procedures used in the application using T-SQL.
- Scheduled and maintain packages by daily, weekly and monthly using SQL Server Agent in SSMS.
- Developed complex Stored Procedures to generate various Drill-through reports, Parameterized reports, Tabular reports, Matrix reports and linked reports using SSRS.
- Wrote complex Expressions and Calculations for SSRS reports with Conditional Formatting.
- Created Project Expense Statements in all Data marts and other Financial Reports using SSRS. Developed yearly and quarterly company expense reports.
- Responsible for Deployment of the report using SSRS and used Report Subscription Data Driven and Standard to publish reports.
- Worked on Team Foundation Server tool for Version Control.
- Used SQL Server profiler for auditing and analyzing the events which occurred during a particular time horizon and stored in script.
- Created daily tasks including backup and restore by sing MS SQL Server 2005 tools like SQL Server Management Studio, SQL Server Profiler, SQL Server Agent, and Database Engine Tuning Advisor.
- Performed T-SQL tuning and optimization of queries for reports that take longer execution time using MS SQL Profiler, Index Tuning Wizard and SQL Query Analyzer in MS SQL Server 2005.
- Documented all work, so user can easily understand the flow of process.
SQL Server 2005, Query Analyzer, SSIS 2005, T-SQL, Excel, Microsoft SQL Reporting Services 2005 SSRS , Windows 2000/XP, ProClarity, SSAS, SharePoint services, Erwin.
Role: SQL Server Developer
- Gathered functional requirements and written the technical specifications
- Designed logical / physical data models and defined primary key, foreign key using Erwin tool.
- Wrote T-SQL statements using DML and DDL for retrieval of the data.
- Created complex stored procedures, triggers and cursors in SQL Server.
- Developed source to target specifications.
- Generated stored procedures, functions, views and triggers.
- Developed stored procedures to transform the data from enterprise data warehouse to APT data mart to build dimensions and load data to fact tables.
- Created SSIS package to schedule the jobs for batch processing.
- Performance tuning to optimize SQL queries using query analyzer.
- Created indexes, constraints and rules on database objects.
- Created package to transfer data between OLTP and OLAP database using Lookup, Derived Columns, Condition Split, Aggregate, Execute SQL Task, Data Flow Task, Execute Package Task etc to load underlying data in to the tables from Text files, Excel file and CSV file.
- Developed packages to handle data cleansing, loading multiple files and executing tasks multiple times using For Each Loop
- Created SQL Server Reports using SSRS 2005.
- Developed Master Child Package by using Execute Package Task and Parent Package Variable Configuration.
- Modified the Existing SSIS Packages and added more audits and alerts in case of package failure
- Worked with T-SQL to create Tables, Function and Stored Procedures, sub-query, correlated sub-query, complex Stored Procedures and ad-hoc TSQL statement.
- Created Views and Synonym to reduce complexity of end user Responsibility for gathering/refining requirements from the customer for developing reports.
- Identified the Data Source and defining them to build the Data Source Views.
- Developed Query for generating drill down reports in SSRS 2005.
- Designed and implemented stylish report layouts.
- Generated Reports using Global Variables, Expressions and Functions for the reports.
- Identified and worked with Parameters for parameterized reports in SSRS 2005.
MS SQL Server 2005, MS Access, SSIS, Erwin 7.1, SSMS, VB, Crystal Report.