- Over 20 years of extensive experience in all phases of software development life cycle SDLC including system analysis, design, data modeling, implementation and support of various applications in OLTP, data warehousing and OLAP applications
- Practical understanding of the data modeling dimensional relational concepts like snowflake schema modeling, fact and dimension tables, creating logical and physical database design and ER diagrams
- Comprehensive knowledge and experience in process improvement, normalization/de-normalization, data extraction, data cleansing, data manipulation and data migration
- Experience in extracting, transforming and loading ETL data from spreadsheets, database tables and flat files
- Extensive experience with requirements gathering, creating data mapping documents, writing functional specifications, translating business requirements to technical specifications
- Strong knowledge and work experience in backend programming including schema and table design, views, triggers, stored procedures, indexes, and constraints.
- Works well independently, or as a team member with recognized ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships across cross-functional teams and diverse individuals at any levels.
- Possesses outstanding problem solving skills. Easily identifies and resolves technical issues and concerns.
- Expertise in coordinating multiple priorities, managing customer expectations and creating partnership with customers.
- Creative problem-solver who accurately assesses technical situational challenges and successfully transforms ideas into appropriate process and technical solutions.
The Making Home Affordable Compliance Program MHA-C is responsible for conducting examinations and assessing Servicer compliance against the published guidelines for the Home Affordability Modification Program HAMP and reporting results to the U.S. Department of Treasury Treasury . Based on the examinations, MHA-C will provide Treasury and Servicers with observations and feedback around program requirements.
Worked on multiple projects with different business units
1. Project: Loan File Staging Enhancement LFSE . The Loan File Staging Enhancement LFSE platform addresses the need to conduct focused analysis on specific categories of loans. The LFSE initiative allow groups to identify, queue, manage, and report on the analysis of targeted loan categories in coordination with the existing Loan File Review process. LFSE is responsible for the end-to-end processing of loan file requests within MHA-C and tracking of loan file request responses from Servicers, trailing documents sent to Servicers and loan file review status. LFSE addresses the need to conduct focused analysis on specific categories of loans.
2. Project: Internal Compliance Evaluation System ICES . The Internal Compliance Evaluation ICE team performs reviews throughout the audit lifecycle to assess MHA-C's compliance with established timelines and standards prescribed in applicable divisional policies and procedures. ICES application was developed to facilitate these reviews. ICES provides the compliance reviewers with a list of all audits performed by the MHA-C audit teams and manages the evaluation of those audits based on the requirement/questionnaire. Separate questionnaires are created and maintained for each type of review and for different stages during the audit.
3. Project: Audit Remediation Tracking ART . MHA-C routinely conducts Servicer Audits to meet its compliance objectives and needs to manage, monitor and report on these audits to fulfill its compliance mandate. This requires capturing of Servicer Audit and Observations information by MHA-C Compliance Teams to support reporting by ART business users when needed.
4. Project: Legacy data upload for LFSE application Prior to LFSE development, data was stored in Microsoft Access database. A .NET application was needed to do an initial analysis, transformation and upload of data for LFSE web application.
- As the database architect, I was involved in the end-to-end system planning, design, mapping and data delivery from business as well as IT perspective. Initiated and coordinated the analysis and design requirements for ODS operational data source including schema and ETL scripts.
- Responsibilities included providing production and user support and coordinating with business users for issue resolution
- Developed normalized logical and physical database models
- Facilitated development, testing and maintenance of quality guidelines and procedures along with necessary documentation
- Used ER Studio for reverse engineering to connect to existing database and ODS to create graphical representation in the form of entity relationships and elicit more information
- Reverse engineered the reports and identified the data elements in the source systems , dimensions, facts and measures required for new enhancements of reports
- Documented the database through Data Dictionaries and Data Flow Diagrams
- Created and maintained the data model repository as per company standards
- Worked on the snow-flaking the dimensions to remove redundancy
- Analyzed database requirements in detail with the project stakeholders through joint requirements development sessions
- Transformed logical data model to physical implementations with table, index, and view creation, constraint definitions using T-SQL
- Developed all the stored procedures, triggers and user-defined functions for the applications
- Did data analysis of legacy data
- Developed .NET application to clean up, transform and upload the data
- Prepared ETL specs for development purposes
Environment: SQL Server 2005, SQL Server 2008 R2, ER Studio Data Architect 9.5. Microsoft .NET 3.5, Microsoft Visual C 2008, Microsoft Access
Maintenance release for the Legal Counsel for the Elderly internal website for AARP. It's an internal application for tracking and maintaining clients and cases of help to the elderly by providing free legal and social work services to those in need.
Environment: Microsoft .NET framework and Oracle 10g.
- Developed a working prototype website for the energy monitoring product, to be launched by Enfuse. This website would provide users the ability to setup their home energy configuration and monitor energy consumption. The website would provide the user the ability to monitor real time electricity consumption and compare energy consumption over a period of time.
- Requirements analysis, functionality scope and application architecture
- Data modeling for the user energy database
- Designed web service components based on ReST Full architecture.
- User interface development
- Real time energy consumption using AJAX controls
- Various types of charts for tracking energy consumption
Environment: TS7800, Debian Linux, PHP 5, Zend Framework, AJAX, Apache 2.2, MySQL 5, Smarty templates, Fusion charts.
Environment: Perl and Php 5.
Project: Website development for American Enterprise Institute AEI .
- The American Enterprise Institute for Public Policy Research is a private, nonpartisan, not-for-profit institution dedicated to research and education on issues of government, politics, economics, and social welfare. AEI is home to some of America's most accomplished public policy experts the Institute sponsors research and conferences and publishes books, monographs, and periodicals. Its website, www.aei.org, posts its publications, videos and transcripts of its conferences, biographies of its scholars and fellows, and schedules of upcoming events.
- I was involved in all the phases of the project from requirement gathering to deployment and website going live.
- Involved in requirements analysis and defining functionality scope
- Task management within the team
- Designed complex components of the website which needs to be integrated with third party systems like Plone CMS , Recommendation Engine, VeriSign Ecommerce Gateway, GSA Google Search Appliance , TRE The Raisers Edge Blackbaud fundraising constituent relationship management solution
- Designed web service components based on ReST Full architecture and developed Utilities which facilitate PDO access, Shopping CART, GSA Google Search Application , Recommendation Engine.
- Designed the website controlled segment of the database
- Designed the database and workflow from website to Corridor application
- Closely involved in monitoring CMS data publish out, tracking data mappings for the new functionality added to the website.
- Caching implementation and integration between php, smarty, apc and squid
- Website performance
- Project implementation in Scrum/Agile software development methodology with incremental builds.
- Designed and created web application directory structure and development of Core functionality using PHP classes which controls the work flow scenarios of ReST Full architecture
- Implemented Rewrite rules and coded RequestProcessor, RestConfiguration and Route objects to interpret the request based on the URL pattern and route to the corresponding domain handlers
- Coded handlers, controllers, utility classes in PHP 5 and implemented PEAR package for custom error handling
- Implemented SimpleXML and Tidy parsing to parse RDFa content and generate domain Objects. Designed and coded parser, mail, Inflector utility classes
- Designed and implemented session based shopping cart widget. Implemented VeriSign Gateway Utility to validate and process ecommerce applications. Worked on GnuPG Public/Private key encryption strategies as part of ecommerce application.
- Implemented FeedCreator classes to generate RSS feeds and transfer data via web services between website and Corridor TRE application for tracking donation pledges and users interests.
- Implemented Smarty Templates and developed custom templates as per the web page functionality.
- User interface development as per the wireframe visuals and HTML mockups
- Technical documentation
Environment: PHP 5, Zend Framework, XHTML, AJAX, Apache 2.2.x, MySQL 5, Cent OS 5.0, SQL Server 2005, Google Search Appliance, Plone CMS , VeriSign Gateway, GnuPG Encryption/decryption, Smarty templates, PEAR packages.
Managing delivery of project deployment
- Analyzed deployment process and played a key part in automating deployments. This has helped in saving countless man-hours in full application and patch deployments.
- Analyzed and developed utilities for monitoring deployments, lead the team in development.
- Architected and designed APIs and utilities for SNL
- Worked as data governance lead working for security compliance
- Managed Entrust PKI users for SNL within the Integration environment as Security Officer
- Development of various drivers to test the various components of the package
- Co-ordinate and review, with other development teams and PAC Product Assurance Certification , the various problems identified with the package
- Prepare and implement Integration Test Plans
- At the end of each phase prepare Integration Test Report of the qualified product
- Manage provisioning of various SNLs at the Operational Centre end
- Administer and manage the monitoring utilities at the Operational Centre for SNLs
- Administration and management of various types of HSM Hardware Security Modules like iKey, Smart Card and Luna box
- Setup various configurations for different environments
- Benchmarking on various platforms and version of the software
- Design and develop patch management system
Environment: XML Schema, C, Perl, Tuxedo, iKey, Smart Card, Luna box, Entrust, Sun Solaris, AIX, HPUX, Windows, Clear Case, Microsoft Project.