Actively seeking a challenging position as a certified Oracle or SQL DBA. An opportunity that will permit me to utilize my ability in technical training, and work experience to support infrastructures, develop business solutions, and I.T. support value while delivering cutting edge technology solutions to improve efficiency, productivity, profitability and cost efficient solutions.
Provide Practical and theoretical administrative support for all applications that use oracle database 11g/12c 10g. Experience supporting RMAN, 11g Data Pump, Performance Tuning, ASM, and DATAGUARD, Fine Grain Auditing FGA , performing Flashback, Transportable table space and Security Management. Configure Oracle network, RMAN, Recovery Catalog, and Performance Tuning of database by optimizing SQL and PL/SQL scripts and instance by using cost-Based optimizer CBO . Used stats pack report, AWR report, ADDM database as well as application by reducing disk contention, fragmentation, tuning SGA advisors, and auto trace and execution plan. Management and implementation of database models, data flow diagrams, database schemas, database scripts, to support a robust data management infrastructure. Perform routine Database Administration tasks including but not limited to automated installation of software, creation and replication of databases. Management of table spaces, logs, grants, roles, users, and indices, apply patches and upgrades, migrate data from windows to Linux, manage storage and work closely with Sr. DBA on capacity training. Perform database cloning, data warehouse, database backup, recovery procedures and security. Identify, resolve or provide recommendation to different kinds of performance problems. Perform daily database backup of development and test environments, use production data to refresh development and test schemas for testing. Implement/maintain database security with roles and system privileges, create, develop, review, and support physical and logical models. Experience working in a help desk and call center environment. Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines and set priorities, strong writing, verbal and interpersonal communication skills, with ability and desire to learn new technologies quickly.
Oracle 10g, 11g
Oracle Oracle Enterprise Manager 10g, 11g, OEM , oracle Universal Installer, Database configuration assistance DBCA , SQL Loader, Database Upgrade Assistance DBUA , Oracle Net Manager, SQL plus and Isol Plus, Recovery Manager RMAN , EXP/IMP/Data pump, Stats pack/AWR, ADDM, SDLC.
UNIX / LINUX Mainframe Solaris 8/9/10, AIX, HP-ux , windows Vista, XP 2000,98,95
Cisco VPN, Checkpoint VPN, Remote Desktop, VM ware Virtualization.
Oracle 11g Database Administration
Performance Tuning Capacity Monitoring
Data Security, Backup Recovery
Oracle RAC ASM Administration/Installation
Oracle Forms and Reports Development
Database-Backed Web Solutions
SQL Tuning in an Oracle Environment
Role Sr DBA
- Install revised or new systems by proposing specifications and flowcharts.
- Recommend solutions by defining database physical structure and functional capabilities
- Maintain database performance by calculation optimum values for database parameters.
- Implementing new releases, completing maintenance requirements and evaluating computer operating systems and hardware products.
- Support database functions by designing and coding utilities.
- Maintain quality service by establishing and enforcing organization standards and procedures
Role J.r. Oracle Database Administrator
- Served as a Jr. DBA in the completion of 70 medium to large scale implementations, assisting with managing table spaces in data warehouses to configure and organize client data.
- Support a 1.1 million data-integration project for financial serves firm that consolidated information from accounting applications, third-party market data and internal equities/fixed income applications.
- Contributed to clothing retailer's 15 revenue growth by standardizing content from disparate databases, enabling sales and support staff to quickly respond to customer requests.
- Created Web-based, group-scheduling system for a large university, allowing students to view and print schedules for current and future semesters using R.A.C. Real Application Clusters. Delivered solution on time, on spec and on budget.
- Created new databases involving IMP/EMP installing and configured database software for using DBCA or Oracle Application Development environment.
- Assisted with the Migration of Oracle E-Business Suites to Oracle Exadata database machine for Prince George's County using Oracle Data Pump as result increased table space capacity and speed.
- Install Oracle server and Oracle client software applications using DBCA
- Create and manage oracle accounts, roles, privileges and profiles to maintaining database security in accordance with compliance and assurance policies C A
- Take proper measurers to ensure optimum database security
- Responsible for monitoring alert log, memory, disk I/O, CPU, database network connectivity
- Monitor database by using EM grid control
- Check the alert logs and trace files for errors and troubleshoot any errors
- Manage Oracle schemas and space through managing tablespaces and tables
- Use Enterprise manager as a tool to monitor and make changes within the database
- Manage and monitor database storage usage by creating tablespaces, adding and resizing data files to existing tablespaces
- Ensure daily RMAN and export backups are completed and valid for restore and recovery
- Ensuring daily Export Data Pump activity ran successfully
- Introduced to LDAP to provide a single sign-on SSO where one password for a user is shared between many services
- Oracle RAC Administration
- Create new databases, involving importing and exporting: installing and configure database software for Oracle Application development environment.
- Provide 24/7 availability and coverage of technical assistance through the use of emails and cell phones for mission critical databases.
- Worked under senior oracle staff and management supervision
- I used Enterprise Manager to monitor the use of space in the database
- Activate and deactivate the Archive log mode to the need of the database
- Installed Oracle databases for development and testing purposes
- Assisted senior DBAs with data models, development and delivery of technology-based systems for a wide
- range of applications of different customer groups
- Installed, configured, and maintained all database servers, working with network and system engineers to configure robust and scalable systems for our clients
- Responsible for executing 24/7 database health check
- Wrote SQL scripts to create tables, indexes synonyms, views and other objects
- Troubleshoot and managed Oracle processes, tune memory allocation and contention and I/O
Role Apprentice Electrician
- Worked at various sites as a helper and novice electrician assisting journeymen in duties on projects.
- Supplied Electricians with materials tools, using hand tools and power tools to facilitate jobs
- Prepped work sites for installation and modification for projects.
- Read blueprints and schematics for electrical plans, adjust and modify prints as needed
- Used software and formulas to solve problems. Determined error and corrected issue.
- Installed devices, wiring, and conduit to specifications.
- Performed other task as assigned.
- Key Accomplishments
- Managed and maintained efficiency for more than 900 user accounts and 800 computer systems.
- Conceptualize, designed and setup up an entire IT network and infrastructure for the Battalion Headquarters and company buildings while deployed to Operation Iraqi Freedom.
- Responsible for the Battalion's information management office IT Team.
- Administered change of operating systems from Windows NT to Windows 2000.
- Work with system administrator in overseeing VSAT Very Small Aperture Terminal for brigade combat team with the 1st Calvary Division.
- Awarded Army Commendation Medal for exceptional support while deployed with the unit to Iraq.
PSU patch upgrades