Postgre Sql Dba Resume
- Experience providing 24X7 on - call support to maintain all Linux, Databases in Productionenvironment.
- Worked in Agile Environment, fixing bugs and modifying technical requirement along the way.
- Experience wif configuring and installMySQL, NoSQL (Cassandra, Mongo DB), PostgreSQL Databases, Graph databases Neo4j etc..
- Good Experience on MAC OS, Linux, Solaris, IBM-AIX, HP-UX Platform to run Oracle Databases.
- Setup and Configuring Replication (Active-Active, Active-Passive)Clustering onMySQLdatabases.
- Worked on InstallingMySQLProxy, HA PROXY. Enabling Read/Write Split on Database and Other High Available Solutions.
- Experience wif performance tuning the Oracle,MySQLdatabases.
- Has worked on Backup and Recovery on Oracle,MySQL, PostgreSQL databases. me has experience in setting up automated scripts to run the backup.
- Done Benchmarking using various tools for Oracle,MySQL,Postgres. (orion, Hammerora, swingbench, mysqlslap, sysbench)
- Was responsible for ensuring Data security, data quality and integrity between the various system that are using the production for various purposes.
- HandlePostgresProduction databases end to end, like backup, recovery, database security, error handling, bug fixes using patching, performance tuning the config parameters for optimal performance of DB. Clone and HA scenarios onPostgresIntances.
- Had experience solving issues related to data integrity, database privileges, database security and how the database is updated, inserted and queried by users.
- Setup SSL Keys for autantication mechanisms and had Single Sign on working.
- Experience wif Linux OS Tasks NFS, inter-process communication, shell scripting, auditing system process.
- Experience wif Amazon RedShift to perform data analysis for the business needs.
- Experience wif NoSQL DB like MongoDB, Cassandra, CouchBase, Hbase. Has supported some of them on production and some in test environment. me understand the working process of these databases. Has done some personal research to learn more about them.
- Has experience setting up Replication clusters on MongoDB of replication factor of 3+.
- Done some implementation on Couchbase DB like installation and creation of user accounts, creating documents, inserting key values.
- Worked on Capacity planning of Production Databases to optimize disk space and Database resources.
- Experience wif Designing databases at Physical and Logical level.
- Has Experience wif InnoDB Storage engine, MyISAM, NDB and Galera Clusters.
- Solved Performance issues related to InnoDB tables, MyISAM tables and Galera Clusters.Scanned the data pages, Indexes and checked the storage space used by each table.
- Experience wif Database Backup and Restore.
- Experience in Scheduling and creating SQL Server jobs as well troubleshooting when jobs fail.
- Proficient in migration of Data from Excel, Flat file, Non SQL db’s Oracle/Db2/Sybase to MS SQL Server by using SSIS.
- Working knowledge in SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS) and SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS) to manage ETL environment.
- Experience in working wif huge databases, troubleshooting issues and documenting the causes.
- Developed writing parameterized Queries for generating reports, formatting report layout, sub reports using global variables, expressions and functions in SSRS 2008R2/2012.
- Knowledge on the ColumnarNoSQLDatabase like HBase, Cassandra to manage extremely large data sets.
- Ability to meet deadlines, quickly adapt to different project environments and ability to work wif different team across geographical locations.
- Involved in implementingSQLdatabase inSQLAzurecloud computing platform.
- Experience in providing good production support for 24x7 over weekends on rotation basis.
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal and communication skills wif high level of adaptability and flexibility to adjust to changing work positions.
- Strong time Management skills and excellent team player.
- Ability to adapt quickly to changing environments.
Languages: C, C++,SQL, T-SQL, PL/SQL, JAVA, C#, ASP .NET, powershell scripting
Database: Oracle, PL/SQL, MySQL, SQLServer, MS Access
Web Servers: IIS 6.0, IIS 7.0, IIS 7.5, IIS 8.0, IIS 8.5
Operating System: Windows 2003/2008/2012R2Professional, Windows 9x/Server/XP/Win7/Win 8/Unix
Scripting: VB Script
Disaster Recovery Tools: Log Shipping, Replication, Mirroring, Always On and Clustering Services
Certifications: SQL Server 2012.
Postgre SQL DBA
- Ability to proactively identify, troubleshoot and resolve live database systems issues. Knowledge in database design including logical and physical design.
- Knowledge of disaster recovery principles and practices, including planning, testing, backup/restore
- Hands-on experience on database administration, backup recovery and troubleshooting in co-location environments.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, deadline-sensitive environment.
- Responsible for configuring, integrating, and maintaining all Development, QA, Staging and Production PostgreSQL databases wifin the organization.
- Responsible for all backup, recovery, and upgrading of all of the PostgreSQL databases. Monitoring databases to optimize database performance and diagnosing any issues.
- Develop, implement, maintain policies and procedures and document database architecture to ensure the security and integrity of the databases.
- Implement data models, database designs, data access, table maintenance and code changes together wif our development team.
- Experience in code migration, database change management through various stages of development life cycle.
- Providing response for all system / database issues on 24 x 7 schedule responding to critical events and situations outside normal work hours.
- Work wif development and operations teams to tune production queries for optimal performance.
- Implement and monitor replication for high availability and disaster recovery scenarios.
- Review new database schema changes.
- Monitor and manage database indexes for optimal performance.
- Automate the configuration management of database and Big Data systems.
- Performing schema management, database sizing, maintaining privileges.
- Installing and monitoring PostgreSQL database using the standard monitoring tools like Nagios etc.
- Daily log analysis using pgbadger tool and query tuning.
- Maintaining custom vacuum strategies at table and db level.
- Monitoring the DB growth for every month in DWH databases and planning to implement the table partitioning for better performance.
- Monitoring the bloat repot on every table and performing maintenance wif minimal downtime.
- Performing minor and major level upgrades using minimal down by prior testing in test boxes wif accurate time notifications.
Confidential, Brentwood, TN
MY SQL DBA
- Administration and management of the entire development, QA and production environment.
- Installed and configuredMySQLon Linux and Windows environments.
- Performed installation, new databases design, configuration, backup, recovery, security, upgrade and schema changes, tuning and data integrity.
- Increased database performance by utilizingMySQLconfiguration changes, multiple instances and by upgrading hardware.
- Assisted wif sizing, query optimization, buffer tuning, backup and recovery, installations, upgrades and security including other administration functions as part of profiling plan.
- Ensured production data being replicated into data warehouse wifout any data anomalies from the processing databases.
- Worked wif the engineering team to implement new design systems of databases used by the company.
- TEMPEffectively configuredMySQLReplication as part of HA solution.
- Designed databases for referential integrity and involved in logical design plan.
- Performance Tuning on a daily basis for preventing issues and providing capacity planning usingMySQLEnterprise Monitor.
- Developed stored procedures, triggers inMySQLfor lowering traffic between servers & clients.
- Ability to carry out security tasks at network level such as block/unblock TCP/IP ports through firewall on both Linux and windows and block/unblock remote access toMySQLserver.
- Proficiency in Unix/Linux shell commands.
- Created and deleted users, groups and set up restrictive permissions, configuration of the sudo files etc.
- Created data extracts as part of data analysis and exchanged wif internal staff.
- PerformedMySQLReplication setup and administration on Master-Slave and Master-Master.
- Documented all servers and databases.
- Database engineering is based on SDLC pattern. Involved all the steps like requirement analysis, Design, Development and Testing and tan deployment.
- Database management for scheduling, tuning, taking backups using on premise MMS monitoring and backup solution.
Confidential, Redmond, WA
Sr. System Engineer
- Handled entire Major release in single and lead as key role, independent of team lead and manager inputs.
- Configured nearly 100 servers from scratch for automation of the release.
- Taking the ownership to increase the RAM size of the machines from 64GB to 128 GB for increasing the better performance.
- Had direct contacts and took permission from onshore Business leads to extend the servers capacity during the server failures.
- Handled migrations of 70 servers from 2008R2 to SQL Servers2012.
- conducted regular meetings wif Change management team and completed the configuring the Always ON properties wif in less timeline
- configured nearly 40 web servers IIS7 to be used by developers.
- Monitoring the migrating applications between windows servers and to an upgraded platform (from IIS 5 to IIS 6 and including IIS 6 to IIS 7 ).
- Involved in Installation and Configuration of SQL Server 2012 on windows server 10 environment.
- Analyzing and troubleshooting the SQL Server processes and jobs.
- Applying System and Application builds and Applying hot fixes and installations.
- Taking ownerships of Quarterly Releases and deploying them in UAT and Prod environments.
- Designing alerting mechanism at both Database and server levels.
- Creation backup jobs and maintenance plan and Managing Backups on a daily basis and Recovery as per request.
- Database Backup Verification (Daily/weekly/monthly).
- Monitor SQL Server services status, Application log, Jobs, SQL Server Logs, Dead locks/ Blocking.
- Migration of SQL Server and 2008/2008R2 to 2012.
- Taking application ownerships and monitoring the installations are up to date.
- Refreshing UAT and Reporting instances wif production data.
- Troubleshooting SQL issues and escalating issues as appropriate.
- Monitoring the Server performance and query performance closely to ensure database productivity.
- Working on wif the Development and Test teams in applying bug and hot fixes in both UAT and Production environments.
- Team management, training and coordinating wif team members on technical issues and other general issues.
- Involve in Project reviews, Presentations and all other activities.
- Participating in Monthly project reviews and making presentations about the current status of the project.
- Coordinating wif onsite team and other offshore teams on following up issues.
- Got good appreciations from Team lead, Manager and Onshore Business Analysts to handling the major release in single.
Environment: SQL Server 2012, SQL, Windows 10, IIS 6.0/7.0, SQL Server Agent, SQL server Profiler, SSIS, SSRS, SNAT, Visual Studio 2013.
- Involved in Installation and Configuration of SQL Server 2008R2 on windows server 2008 environment.
- Creating user defined roles and granting privileges to the database and database objects.
- Creation of databases based on the specifications of the databases. Monitoring performance of the servers.
- Proving the required access to the users upon proper approvals.
- Maintaining the database backups and implementing the restore whenever needed.
- Maintaining Log shipping the databases for high availability.
- Handling blocking/Deadlock incidents and resolving the fragmentation.
- Creating the Incidents for the user Issues and providing them the required solutions
- Owning the applications and Providing Level3 support.
- Managing the offshore Team and helping them in resolving incidents wifin SLAs
- Having calls wif New deal team and explaining them about the application and taking their requirements.
- Deploying applications to the new Deal team.
- Managing CRs and Conducting weekly Team meetings.
- Preparing the golden bits and scripts for smooth deployments to production using applications like Octopus and Sequence manager.
- Install, configure and maintain systems running Windows server 2008,XP & IIS 6.0 and participate in server upgrade and planning.
- Good experience in generating reports using SSRS services.
- Involved in deploying and managing websites on IIS servers in both Preview and Production environments.
- Having calls wif users and explain them about CSAT.
- Coordinating wif onshore team and handled new requirements wifin short timelines.
- Conducting Cross trainings of the applications wifin the team.
- Documented actions and procedures for quick problem resolution.
- Authored Known Error documents for incidents and issues for all supported-IT applications and services.
Environment: SQL Server 2012/2012R2, SQL, Windows Server 2008,Windows 7,Windows XP.
- Installed SQL server 2005 on windows 2008 Enterprise Edition advanced servers, applied service packs and security fixes.
- Migrating from SQL server 2005 to SQL server 2008 and redirecting users to migrated server.
- Changes in schema and stored procedures according to changes made in application.
- Maintain Operators, Categories, Alerts, Notifications, Jobs, Job Steps and Schedules. Monitor connections, locks and performance of SQL server.
- Responsible for creating Virtual machines by using HYPER-V Manager.
- Worked wif SCOM team to implement monitoring criteria for IIS and SQL servers
- Responsible for Hosting WCF web services on IIS and good experience configuring IIS security for both web applications and web services.
- Responsible for Application pools creations according application security and performance needs.
- Responsible for Query optimization and Performance tuning, tuned SQL queries using Show Plans and Execution Plans.
- Created checklists to install SQL Server installation, service packs, security fix and MS SQL cluster installation.
- Implemented and Scheduled different Database Backup strategies like Full, Differential and Transactional log backup
- Working experience in a 2-node cluster environment in production where 1 node is active and the other passive.
- Implemented SQL Server high availability solutions including clustering, replication and log shipping.
- Has good experience in installing and configuring SSL certification for security reasons.
- Worked wif Application Developers to design databases and tables to support Development activities and achieve optimal efficiency.
- Creating and Modifying Tables, Stored Procedures, Views, Indexes, User-defined Functions, and Triggers etc as required.
- Tuning Queries and Database performance using tools SQL Server Tuning Advisor, SQL Server Profiler.
- Design and implement Backups and Restore database policies.
- Capacity Planning, Storage Planning, Hardware Upgrade’s and Preparing Estimates for Database, table size growth.
- Preparing RCA’s/Postmortem for high Severity tickets/issues.
- Performance monitoring, remote administration, Web application management, automation for Internet facing applications.
- Work on monitoring solutions using Confidential System Center Operations Manager SCOM and Site Scope.
- Install security patches, IPAK’s, perform Service account password reset, SSL Certificate renewal and other regular maintenance work. Build operations documentation and update out of date or incorrect information.
- Provided 24/7 supports to all production, development, staging and clustered servers.
Environment: SQL Server 2005/2008, T-SQL, Windows 2003/2008, IIS 6.0.
- Implementation of SQL Logins, Roles and Autantication Modes as a part of Security Policies for various categories of users.
- Rebuilding the indexes at regular intervals for better performance
- Designed and implemented comprehensive Backup plan and disaster recovery strategies Implemented.
- Involved in trouble shooting and fine-tuning of databases for its performance and concurrency
- Monitored and modified Performance using execution plans and Index tuning.
- Rebuilding the indexes at regular intervals for better performance
- Deploying new code base release to UAT and Production Environments.
- Perform SQL Server service pack and Windows Service pack upgrades.
- Working wif customers on Application rollouts and server migrations.
- Extensively worked on Enterprise Manager for managing the database
- Troubleshoot performance problems and fine-tuning of databases.
- Involved in Index Analysis and Performance Tuning.
- Converting DTS packages into SQL Server 2005 Integration Services.
- Migrating SQL Server 2000 data bases into SQL Server 2005.
- Recovering the databases from backup in disasters
- To analyze long running slow queries and tune the same to optimize application and system performance.
Environment: SQL Server 2005, SQL Server 2000, Windows 2003/2000 Server, SQL Query Analyzer, SQL Profiler.
- .NET Developers/Architects Resumes
- Java Developers/Architects Resumes
- Informatica Developers/Architects Resumes
- Business Analyst (BA) Resumes
- Quality Assurance (QA) Resumes
- Network and Systems Administrators Resumes
- Help Desk and Support specialists Resumes
- Oracle Developers Resumes
- SAP Resumes
- Web Developer Resumes
- Datawarehousing, ETL, Informatica Resumes
- Business Intelligence, Business Object Resumes
- MainFrame Resumes
- Network Admin Resumes
- Oracle Resumes
- ORACLE DBA Resumes
- Other Resumes
- Peoplesoft Resumes
- Project Manager Resumes
- Quality Assurance Resumes
- Recruiter Resumes
- SAS Resumes
- Sharepoint Resumes
- SQL Developers Resumes
- Technical Writers Resumes
- WebSphere Resumes
- Hot Resumes