- 6Years of extensive IT experience as a Microsoft SQL Server 2000 /2005/2008/2008R2/2012 Developer in creating Business Intelligence Solutions like SSIS, SSAS, SSRS and expertise in designing and implementing Relational Database model as per business needs.
- 6 years of IT experience in Microsoft Database Technologies with various Industry verticals as a Database developer, BI Developer in MS SQL server 2012/2008/2005/2000 databases.
- Excellent knowledge in creating Databases, Tables, Stored Procedures, DDL/DML Triggers, Views, User define data types, Cursors and Indexes using T-SQL.
- Experience in writing complex T-SQL queries using Inner, Outer and Cross Joins.
- Good knowledge in Normalizing and De-normalizing the tables and maintaining Referential Integrity by using Triggers and Foreign Keys.
- Excellent in High Level Design of ETL DTS Packages SSIS Packages for integrating data using OLE DB connection from heterogeneous sources Excel, CSV, Oracle, flat file, Text file, Teradata by using multiple transformations provided by SSIS such as Data Conversion, Conditional Split, Bulk Insert, Merge and Union all.
- Experience in migrating DTS Packages from 2000 to 2005 and 2000 to 2008.
- Experience with ETL framework standards, including error processing, validation and data reconciliation.
- Proven ability in generating Drill down and Drill through reports with Drop down option, sorting the data and defining subtotals in SSRS 2012/2008/2005.
- Good experience on Qlikview Business Intelligence reporting tool for developing dynamic reports.
- Hands on experience in developing QlikView Dashboards using Chart Box Drill Down, Drill up Cyclic Grouping , List, Input Field, Table Box and Calendar etc.
- Created Parameterized reports, Sub reports and thorough knowledge of reporting server architecture. Table, chart and matrix reports .
- Experience in administrating the reports and assigning permissions to the valid users for executing the reports.
- Hands on experience in installing, configuring, managing, upgrading, monitoring and troubleshooting SQL Server 2012/2008/2005/2000.
- Experience in upgrading SQL Server software to newer versions and applying service packs and hot fixes and unattended Installation.
- Experience in migrating from SQL Server 2000 to SQL Server 2005, SQL Server 2005 to SQL Server 2008 and from SQL Server 2008 to SQL Server 2012.
- Extensive experience in monitoring and tuning SQL Server database performance using tools like SQL Profiler, Index Tuning Wizard, Database Engine Tuning Advisor, Windows Performance Wizard.
- Experience defining and building audits and controls to ensure the accuracy of the data.
- Experience in Analyzing Execution Plan, managing indexes and troubleshooting deadlocks.
- Experience in Data Modeling, Multi-Dimensional Modeling and involved in creation of Star Schema and Snowflake dimensional schema using Erwin Tool and Microsoft Visio.
- Good knowledge of Software Development Life Cycle SDLC .
- Expert in Database Normalization, designing and creating Indexes, planning and implementing Server Security and authentication, Develop Queries and T-SQL Scripts in MS SQL 2008/2005/2000.
- Experience in Creating Roles and Assigning Permissions to the users.
Windows NT 4.0, Windows 2000 Server, Windows 2000 Advanced Server, Windows 2003 Server, Windows XP, Windows Vista, 7.
SQL, SQL Plus, HTML, XML,C,C , DS, Visual Studio 2005, MDX
MS Office 2010/2007
MS SQL Server 2008/2005/2000, SQL Server Management Studio SSMS , SSAS, Oracle 9i, MS Access
DTS, SQL Server Integration Services SSIS
SQL Server Reporting Services SSRS , Crystal Reports 8.0/9.0, SharePoint 2007
Database Query Tools
MS SQL Server Query Analyzer, SQL Profiler
ETL SSIS Developer/BI developer
- Involved in Planning, Defining and Designing data, based on business requirements and provided documentation.
- Involved in development and implementation of SSIS, SSAS and SSRS application solutions for various business units across the organization.
- Designed Data Mapping documents, DDL scripts, Data Dictionary and meta data of the models and maintained them.
- Developed SQL scripts for administration task.
- Maintained SQL scripts, indexes, complex queries for data analysis and extraction.
- Implemented data vitualization layer with Composite softwares/Tools
- Used .NET provider Data Reader Source Task to Read from RDBMS sources.
- Worked in ASP.NET Web forms, State management and Caching feature.
- Maintained WCF services across the enterprise and integrating UI using MVC pattern
- Upgraded MS SQL Server 2008 R2 database to MS SQL Server 2012, by using Detach/Attach, Back up Recovery.
- Used SSIS and T-SQL stored procedures to transfer data from OLTP databases to staging area and finally transfer into data marts.
- Created SSIS packages to extract data from OLTP and transformed to OLAP systems and Scheduled Jobs to call the packages and Stored Procedures.
- Created Alerts for successful or unsuccessful completion of Scheduled Jobs.
- Developed SSIS packages for File Transfer from one location to the other using FTP task
- Developed DTS packages to copy tables, schemas and views and to extract data from Excel and Oracle using SSIS.
- Used ETL to implement the Slowly Changing Transformation, to maintain Historical Data in Data warehouse.
- Created Sub-Reports, Drilldown-Reports, Summary Reports, and Parameterized Reports in SSRS.
- Generated ad-hoc reports using Business Object and Crystal reports.
- Used SSRS to create reports, customized Reports, on-demand reports, ad-hoc reports and involved in analyzing multi-dimensional reports in SSRS. Provided Ad-hoc queries and Reports for Companywide users pulling data from Multi-terabyte data warehousing systems.
- Created reports using SSRS from OLTP and OLAP data sources and deployed on report server.
- Experienced in creating SSAS OLAP Cubes and Partitioning Cubes.
- Created complex SSAS cubes with multiple fact measures groups, and multiple dimension hierarchies based on the OLAP reporting needs.
- Identified Key Performance Indicators KPI and Metrics for Business needs in SSAS
- Created Multi Dimensional Cubes using SSAS for the Data Warehouse.
- Created Production Deployment Scripts for SSAS Cube Roles
- Conducted weekly Crystal Reports training session for the reports team.
- Developed a dashboard solution for analyzing STD statistics by building SSAS 2008 cubes and Tableau
- Created Error and Performance reports on SSIS Packages, Jobs, Stored procedures and Triggers.
- Used MS Report Designer to provide a Report Data pane to organize data used in the reports.
- Performed T-SQL tuning and optimization of queries for reports that took longer execution time using MS SQL Profiler, Index Tuning Wizard and SQL Query Generated reports using SSRS which were sent to different Clients, and managers
- Performed Documentation for all kinds of reports, DTS and SSIS packages.
- Created complex Stored Procedures, triggers, cursors, tables, and views and other SQL joins and statements for applications by using T-SQL.
- Maintained the table performance by normalization, creating indexes and collected statistics by using query optimization, query execution plans, SQL Server Profiler and Database engine tuning Advisor.
Environment: Windows 2003 Server/XP, SQL Server 2008/2005, SQL Integration Services SSIS , SQL Reporting SSRS , Business Intelligence Studio, Visual Studio 2008/2005, OLE DB, DTS Package, SharePoint MOSS 2007, Crystal Reports, Erwin 4.0, Composite, VB.Net, HTML.
Role :SSRS/SSIS/SQL DEVELOPER
- Gathered and documented business requirements, Security requirements, EnterpriseData Sources and External Data Feeds.
- Designed Technical Architecture Dimensional Modeling, Physical Design, ETL Development Designed Snowflake Schema based on the assessment for end user reporting and Analysis needs.
- Developed Business Analysis Applications and Ad-Hoc/Custom reports using SSRS 2000/2005.
- Migrated Oracle 10g Databases, PL/SQL Scripts to SQL 2000/2005.
- Installed SQL 2005 and all necessary tools in the Development, Staging, and Production environments.
- Installed and utilized the Oracle 10g .Net Data Provider for use with SQL 2005 and VS.Net 2005.
- Upgraded SQL 2000 DTS ETL to the new SQL Server Integration Services SQL 2005 SSIS format.
- Designed Complex SSIS packages interfacing SQL with Oracle 10g.
- Extensive use of T-SQL DDL and DML commands for various applications.
- Expert in transforming complex business logic into Database design and maintaining it by using SQL tools like Stored Procedures, User Defined Functions, Views, TSQL Scripting.
- Expert in implementing an extra level of security by creating views and creating stored procedures to query the confidential data.
- Used Execution Plan, SQL Profiler and database engine tuning advisor to optimize queries and enhance the Performance of databases.
- Experience in optimizing the database by creating various clustered, non-clustered indexes and indexed views.
- Scheduled reports for daily, weekly, monthly reports for executives, Business analyst and customer representatives for various categories and regions based on business needs using SQL Server Reporting services SSRS .
- Migrated Crystal reports to SSRS reports. Also Created Parameterized reports and linked reports using Bookmark links, Drill through links and Hyperlinks.
Environment:MSSQL Server 2000/2005, Windows server 2003, Business Intelligence Development studio SSRS and SSIS , Microsoft.NET, MS Office Access 2003, VBScript, Erwin, and Visual Studio 2005.
SQL Server Developer/SSIS/SSRS/ SSAS MDX
- Involved in complete SDLC life cycle.
- Extensively used T-SQL in constructing Stored Procedures, triggers, cursors, tables, user-defined functions, views, indexes.
- Created SSIS packages to retrieve and migrate the data from different source system such as excel spreadsheets, MS-Words, XML, Text to SQL Server Database on monthly basis.
- Involved in Development and implementation of SSIS, SSAS, and SSRS application solutions for various business units across the organization.
- Created Stored Procedures to transform the Data and worked extensively in T-SQL for various needs of the transformations while loading the data.
- Expert in SSIS Deploying and Scheduling.
- Involved in performance tuning of SSIS packages.
- Created ETL SSIS packages both design and code to process data to target databases.
- Created and deployed the dimensions and cubes with star and snowflake schemas using SQL Server Analysis Services SSAS .
- Involved in creating date hierarchies, quarter hierarchy and also calculated measures on the cube.
- Responsible for creating parameterized reports in SSRS.
- Created drilldown, drill through and cascading parameterized reports in SSRS.
- Experience in MS SQL Server Configuration, Performance Tuning of stored procedures, SSIS Packages, SSRS Reports.
- Involved in Project tracking using MS Project.
- Involved in creating data mart.
- Performed unit and system testing and also regression testing on the Cube data.
- Created ad-hoc reports depending on the user requirements and created other excel reports also worked on pivot tables and power pivoting.
Environment: SQL Server 2008R2, SSIS, SSRS, SSAS, MS Project 2010, SharePoint, C , C , Visual Studio 2008,MS Visio 2010
SQL BI/ SSAS MDX /SSRS/SSIS
- Installed and Configured SQL server 2005 on windows 2003 advance server system.
- Involved in requirement gathering, analysis, design, development, change management, deployment and user training.
- Designed dynamic DTS and SSIS Packages to transfer data crossing different platforms, validate data during transferring, and archived data files for different DBMS.
- Created packages using DTS and SSIS for data extraction from Flat Files, Excel Files OLEDB to SQL Server using ETL Tool.
- Performance Tuning the Stored Procedures used in SSIS Packages and SSRS Reports.
- Developed complex Stored Procedures and views to generate various Drill-through reports, parameterized reports and linked reports using SSRS.
- Created many rich and highly interactive Web forms for user management module using ASP.Net 2.0, VB and HTML.
- Involved in Performance tuning of ETL transformations, data validations and stored procedures.
- Generated database monitering and data validation reports in SQL Server Reporting Service SSRS .
- Involved in Report writing according to business requirment using SSRS and Crystal Reports.
- Designing Cubes, Star Schema and Data models for Data Warehousing Applications
- Developed reports where the data extracted from SSAS cubes in SSRS.
- Used the Report Manager to Create folder structures,modify data sources,Controlling access to Report Services resources
- Optimized query performance by creating indexes.
- Moved the static data from various text files to SQL Server 2005 database using BCP Import and Export, Bulk Insert.
- Write T-SQL statements for retrieval of data and Involved in performance tuning of T-SQL queries and Stored Procedures.
- Provided support to the application developers on the application databases.
- Configured and Deployed different reports in the Servers using SQL Server 2005 Reporting Services.
Environment: MS SQL Server 2005, Enterprise Manager, Management Studio, Integration Services, Reporting Services, MS SQL Server Integration Services, MS SQL Server Analysis Services 2000, C , ASP.NET,VB.NET, OLAP, Erwin, DTS/SSIS,BIDS.