Sr. Ssrs Developer Resume
- Around 8 years of extensive experience in Database design, development and administration of applications with Microsoft SQL Server 2012/2008R2/2008/2005/2000 using Integration Services (SSIS), Reporting Services (SSRS), and SQL Server Analysis Services (SSAS) in diverse industries.
- Involved in the complete Data Warehouse Development Life Cycle. Actively supported business users for change requests.
- Experienced in Logical and Physical Database design and development, Normalization and Data modeling using Erwin and MS SQL Server Enterprise manager.
- Extensive knowledge and Experience in dealing with Relational Database Management Systems including Normalization, Stored Procedures, Constraints, Querying, Joins, Keys, Indexes, Data Import/Export, Triggers and Cursors.
- Efficient in migration from MS SQL Server 2000 to MS SQL Server 2005.
- Expert in using Data Transformation Services (DTS) packages and SSIS (integration services) with MS SQL Server 2000/2005/2008.
- Experienced in designing high level ETL architecture, creating, configuring and fine tuning ETL workflows designed in DTS for overall data transfer from the OLTP to OLAP with the help of SSIS.
- Extracted, transformed and loaded data from various heterogeneous data sources and destinations like Access, Excel, CSV, Oracle, flat files using connectors, tasks and transformations provided by SSIS.
- Developed ETL process using SSIS with Various Control Flow, Data Flow tasks and Store Procedures for Work Order Validation process.
- Experience in Huge Data Migrations, Transfers using utilities like Data Transformation Services (DTS), and SSIS, Bulk Copy Program (BCP) and Bulk Insert.
- Experience in providing Logging, Error handling by using Event Handler, and Custom Logging for SSIS Packages.
- Experience in creating Jobs, Alerts, SQL Mail Agent, and schedule DTS/SSIS Packages.
- Extensive experience in creating several reports such as Drill Down Reports, Parameterized Reports, Linked Reports, Sub Reports, Matrix Reports and Chart reports using SQL Server Reporting Services/Crystal Reports.
- Experience in generating On - demand and Scheduled Reports for Business Analysis or Management Decision using SSRS.
- Excellent hands on experience Scheduling and the Deployment of the reports and uploading files to a Report Server Catalog from the Report Manger.
- Created and Configured Data Source & Data Source Views, Dimensions, Cubes, Measures, Partitions, aggregations, Star schema, Snowflake schema and (Key Performance Indicators) KPI's using SQL Server 2005 Analysis Services.
- Strong experience in performance tuning and query optimization using tools like SQL Server Profiler.
- Expertise in using Team Foundation Server (TFS) and Visual source safe (VSS) as a tool for repository of codes and version control, branching and merging into production.
- Experience in Error and Event Handling: Precedence Constraints, Break Points, Check Points, and Logging using SSIS
- Excellent analytical skills with Proficiency in debugging and Problem Solving
- Excellent communication, analytical, interpersonal and presentation skills
- Experience at working both independently and in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Excellent team player and can work independently under less supervision.
Databases: MS SQL Server 2012, 2008 R2, 2008/2005/2000, MS Access, DB2 10
Operating Systems: Windows NT/98/ 2000/XP/Vista/2003
OLAP/Reporting Tools: SQL Server Analysis Service (SSAS), SQL Server Reporting Service (SSRS), MDX, Business Objects 6.x
ETL Tools: SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS), SQL Server DTS, ETL Informatica.
Other Tools: Microsoft Visual Source Safe, Microsoft Office, MS Visio.Tortoise Subversion, HP Application Lifecycle Management (ALM).Autosys for scheduling reports.JIRA
Data Modeling Tools: Microsoft Visio 2000/2003,Altova tool
SQL Server Tools: SQL server Management Studio, SQL server Query Analyzer, SQL server mail service, DBCC, BCP, SQL server profiler
Programming languages: C, C++, PL/SQL, T-SQL, C#, Asp.NET.
Data Modeling: Star Schema Modeling, FACT, Dimensions Tables, Physical and Logical Data Modeling
Data Warehousing & BI: SQL Server, Business Intelligence Studio, SSIS, SSAS, Access Manager, SQL Server2000 Analysis Services and SQL Reporting services, DTS, ProClarity, PPS-2007, MOSS
Confidential, Charlotte NC
Sr. SSRS Developer
- Worked with a highly distributed team of Business Analysts and developers to understand requirements for changes and enhancements to a custom web reporting and implement bug fixes.
- Actively involved in gathering, analyzing and documenting business and functional requirements and translated them as technical specifications and design documents for development.
- Analyzed user requirements and functional design, and prepared technical specifications, unit test plans, and created platform to run and validate the test cases.
- Worked with Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) in understanding, documenting, developing, and testing their requirements.
- Responsible for understanding the technology, and the requirements, and delegate work to the team in India.
- Involved in complete SSRS life cycle in creating SSRS Reports, building, deploying and executing in both the environments (Development and Production).
- Created SSIS Packages to extract data from database and Db2 Mainframes, XML, Flat files then transform and load into data mart
- Responsible for Knowledge transfer and training existing and newly recruited resources on various Loan IQ View practices and processes such as report development, deployment, coding and tools used for managing and developing reports, deploying or executing components, and batch application.
- Created SQL Server reports using BIDS using OLEDB and ODBC data sources.
- Wrote code to create Excel and custom designed PDF reports as per the user requirement.
- Create joins and sub-queries for complex queries involving multiple tables.
- Generated matrix reports, tabular reports, drill down, drill through, sub reports and multi-parameterized reports.
- Performed modifications to DB2SQL code used to deliver data to downstream application interfaces.
- Executed data analysis and data validation by writing SQL queries using Aqua data Studio.
- Demonstrated solid SSRS and SQL skills to coordinate changes to existing reports and develop new intraday and batch reports needed.
- Effectively used SVN(Tortoise sub-version )for managing different versions of new and existing reports and code, branching and merging into production.
- Ran the Autosys batch jobs every week to generate reports in the LIQV(Web Application) after the scheduled LIQ batch runs for respective environments in SIT and UAT.
- Created different Parameterized Reports (SSRS 2008 R2) consisting of Report Criteria in various reports to minimize the report execution time and to limit the no of records required.
- Created Autosys jobs to generate the reports in the LIQV front-end by triggering the .bat files and transfer the generated reports to RDO (Report Delivery On-line) for retention by triggering the .ndm files.
- Deployed Global and Zonal reports to Report server weekly, monthly and quarterly using Anthill and well as manually using Report Manager.
- Coordinated with the other developers to schedule the report deployments every week to SIT and UAT servers and quarterly to Production server.
- Submitted the ESRs to track the SIT, UAT and Prod deployments and was also the Eastern Standard Time communication vehicle and deployment point person for work completed overnight in India.
- Attended to high priority report development and defect fixes for emergency and off-cycle releases and met deadlines in a rapid release cycle.
- Presented excellent communication skills and coordination skills to effectively work with other team members and get the development completed as per the deadline.
- Adhere to department, organization and industry guidelines, standards, policies and procedures.
- Promoted the company culture by approaching each day with team-oriented and can do attitude.
Environment: SQL Server Management Studio, HP Application Lifecycle Management 11.0, Aqua Data Studio 13.0, Beyond Compare 3, Microsoft Visual Studio 2010, Microsoft Lync 2010, Microsoft SQL Server 2008 R2, SQL Server Business Intelligence Development Studio (BIDS), Tortoise SVN 1.7.6, Anthill, AutoSys, JIRA, SSRS 2008 R2, SharePoint 2010, MS Office 2010.
Confidential, Sacramento, CA
SQL BI ETL Developer
- Designed and developedSSIS Packagesto import and export data fromMS Excel, SQL Server 2005/2008 and Flat files
- Create joins and sub-queries for complex queries involving multiple tables.
- Responsible for Creating and Modifying T-SQL stored procedures/triggers for validating the Integrity of the data.
- Created indexed views, and appropriate indexes to reduce the running time for complex queries.
- Involved in installation and configuration of SQL Server 2005, SQL Server 2008 and SQL Server 2012 with latest Service Packs.
- Enhancing performance using optimization techniques-normalization(2nf), indexing and Transaction Isolation levels, monitoring logs to ensure the completeness of batch processes, scripts and processes. Created Linked Servers to connect OLE DB data sources and providers
- Participated in designing a data warehouse to store all information from OLTP to Staging and Staging to Enterprise Data warehouse to do better analysis.
- Used basic Script Task for renaming the file names, storing Row Count Values into User Variables.
- Actively participated in designing the SSIS Package Model for initial load and incremental load for extracting, transforming, and loading data from and to various RDBMS and Non-RDBMS sources and destinations.
- Worked with several Control Flow Tasks, Data Flow Tasks and Transformations (Look-up, Conditional Split, Merge Join, Multicast, Union All, Derived Column, Data Conversion, For Loop, For Each Loop, Sequence Container, Execute SQL Task, Send Mail Task, and Precedence Constraint) to achieve business requirements
- Created SSIS Packages to migrate slowly changing dimensions. Scheduling the SSIS packages and Jobs.
- Building and writing MDX Queries, Calculated Members, and KPI’s using Microsoft SQL Server 2005/2008 Analysis Services Business Intelligence (SSAS, SSRS)
- Captivated proper error handing techniques like logging, checkpoints, and event handler to handle errors in the package.
- Collected detailed requirements and created SSRS templates.
- Designed and developed several enterprise reports (SSRS/Crystal Reports) using the data from ETL Loads and heterogeneous sources.
- Created different parameterized reports for operational purposes based on the reporting criteria.
- Created Matrix reports for the management to have high level of knowledge on different categories in any specific period.
- Designed and developed multiple reports such as Ad-hoc, Drill Down, Drill Through, Sub-Reports, Linked Reports, including stylish Graphs and Charts.
- Built effective queries for high-performance reporting and rendered them to HTML, XML, PDF and Excel formats using SSRS.
- Worked on Reporting subscription services such as data driven subscriptions for email and file sharing.
- Generated reports using different Variables, Expressions and Functions using SSRS 2008 R2.
- Deployed generated reports each week, month and Quarter into the Report Server allowing users to access reports through browser.
Environment: T-SQL, MS SQL Server 2008 R2, MS SQL Server Integration Services 2008 R2, MS SQL Server Reporting services 2008 R2, Visual Studio 2008, Windows XP, MS Office 2007
SQL BI Developer (SSRS/SSIS/SSAS)
- Installed and Configured SQL Server 2005/2008.
- Logical and Physical design of SQL Server databases
- Involved in Optimization and Performance Tuning of SQL Server using SQL Profiler and Performance monitor.
- Performance Monitor to track the size of your SQL Server database transaction logs and set up alerts to notify the server before the transaction log fills, thus averting problems that might otherwise seriously affect users and applications.
- Created Stored Procedures, Triggers, Functions, client specific Views for the Application. Extensive testing on the Performance of the Stored Procedures.
- Optimized SQL queries for efficiency and provided queries and procedures for the front-end application.
- Imported and exported data to and from various heterogeneous sources using various techniques like BCP, DTS.
- Managing the use of disk space, memory and connections. Running DBCC consistency checks, and fixing data corruption in application databases.
- Administered database users/profiles and security (Managing Security).
- Wrote scripts to monitor backup and restore activities.
- Developed parameterized reports through Reporting Services (SSRS) from a variety of data sources including Analysis Services Cubes and prepare for Web publishing.
- Created ad-hoc queries and reports as requested and provide on-going analytical support for these requests.
- Converted existing reporting tools to a standardized reporting infrastructure using SQL and Microsoft products.
- Generated reports with dynamic grouping and dynamic sorting as well as running values.
- Migrated DTS packages from SQL Server 2000 to SQL Server 2005.
- Used various advanced SSIS functionalities like complex joins, conditional splitting, column conversions etc. for better performance during package execution.
- Scheduled SSIS Packages for loading Facts and Dimensions.
Environment: MS SQL Server 2008, SSIS, SSRS, SSAS, OLAP, OLTP, T-SQL, Stored Procedures, SQL Server Enterprise Manager, ETL, DTS, Performance Point Server, ASP.Net, C#, IIS 4.0, Visio 2000, SQL Server Query Analyzer, SQL Profiler,, MS Access.
SQL Server Developer
- Worked on complex data loading (implemented the batch data cleansing and data loading).
- Worked on DTS Package, DTS Import/Export for transferring data from Heterogeneous Database to SQL Server.
- Creation/ Maintenance of Indexes for fast and efficient reporting process.
- Configured Server for sending automatic mails to the respective people when a DTS process failure or success.
- Created new tables, written stored procedures for Application Developers and some user defined functions.
- Analyzing the Database Growth and Space Requirement. Handling Users/Logins/User Rights.
- Maintained a good client relationship by communicating daily status and weekly status of the project.
- Created linked servers between different SQL Servers and also created linked server with different access files used across various Used Data departments
- Performed DBA tasks through Enterprise Manager, Query Analyzer, English Query, Import Export wizard
- Modification Language (DML) to insert and update data, satisfying the referential integrity constraints and ACID properties.
- Created and managed users, roles and groups and handled database security.
- Created Triggers to enforce data and referential integrity.
- Performance tuning of SQL queries and stored procedures using SQL Profiler and Index Tuning Wizard.
- Developed SQL scripts to Insert/Update and Delete data in MS SQL database tables.
- Develop code that matches the prototype and specification, is maintain and, as necessary, portable to other environments.
- Created Business-Crucial stored procedures and functions to support efficient data storage and manipulation.
- Logical Data Modeling using ER-Win to fit business requirement.
- Experienced in rebuilding and transferring new database
- Created Database Maintenance Plans for the performance of SQL Server, which covers Database Integrity checks, update database Statistics and Re-indexing.
- Managed database security and implemented encryption/compression for sensitive data in the database
- Troubleshoot Third party Data migration, DTS, Backups and restore, tune up systems, upgrade
- Performed Database Search and Query Strategy design, implementation, testing, and optimization.
- Performed Stored Procedures development and testing, as well as Database Report design and implementation
- Export data in Excel to SQL Server 2000 via DTS
- Run daily, weekly and monthly reports for management consumption.
- Wrote optimized T-SQL stored procedure to improve performance.
- Involved in trouble shooting and fine-tuning of databases for its performance and concurrency
- Identified, tested and resolved database performance issues (monitoring and tuning) to ensure data optimization.
- Worked with Application Developers to design databases and tables to support Development activities and achieve optimal efficiency.
Environment: Windows 2000, SQL Server 7.0/2000, Enterprise Manager, SQL Profiler, DTS, T-SQL, BCP, Replication.
- .NET Developers/Architects Resumes
- Java Developers/Architects Resumes
- Informatica Developers/Architects Resumes
- Business Analyst (BA) Resumes
- Quality Assurance (QA) Resumes
- Network and Systems Administrators Resumes
- Help Desk and Support specialists Resumes
- Oracle Developers Resumes
- SAP Resumes
- Web Developer Resumes
- Datawarehousing, ETL, Informatica Resumes
- Business Intelligence, Business Object Resumes
- MainFrame Resumes
- Network Admin Resumes
- Oracle Resumes
- ORACLE DBA Resumes
- Other Resumes
- Peoplesoft Resumes
- Project Manager Resumes
- Quality Assurance Resumes
- Recruiter Resumes
- SAS Resumes
- Sharepoint Resumes
- SQL Developers Resumes
- Technical Writers Resumes
- WebSphere Resumes
- Hot Resumes