Sr. Sql Server Bi/power Bi Developer Resume
- A results driven software professional with 8+ years of progressively responsible experience in Data Analysis, Design, Implementation, Administration and Support of Business Intelligence, OLTP (Batch Processing, Online Processing), OLAP, ETL, Data warehousing, Data mining, DBMS and Data Modeling using Confidential SQL Server 2012/2008R2 /2008/2005, SSIS, SSRS and SSAS.
- Ability to work with various types and stages of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) processes including Analysis, Design, Development, Testing and Implementation.
- Skillful in ETL - Extraction Transformation Loading, Operations Data Store concepts, data marts and OLAP-Online Analytical Processing technologies.
- Proficient noledge of Data Warehousing methodologies and concepts, including star schemas, snowflakes schemas, ETL processes, dimensional modeling and reporting tools.
- Experience in creating Views, Constraints, Triggers, Joins, Cursors, Temp Table, Table Variable, Functions, Batch Scripts and numerous stored procedure consumed at various stages of migration/cleansing process, reports or data validation.
- Proficient in writing complex T-SQL (DDL, DML), new features like CTE, Ranking Functions, TOP(n), PIVOT, XML PATH,SQL, Physical, logical database design and Performance tuning.
- Expertise in Power BI, Power BI Pro, Power BI Mobile.
- Expert in creating and developing Power BI Dashboards in to rich look.
- Knowledge in all types of Database migrations with all teh versions of SQL Server.
- Expertise in designing SSIS packages to import and transform data between databases and external data sources using various transformations.
- Experience in configuration and maintain Report Manager and Report Server for SSRS, Deployed and Scheduled teh Reports in Report Manager
- Developed OLTP system (s) and involved in creating facts, dimensions and Star Schema representation for teh data mart.
- Expertise in OLAP and OLAP Cubes in SSAS.
- Experience in Ad-hoc reports, data driven subscription reports by using Report Builder.
- Experience in developing Dashboard Report, Parameterized Reports, Linked reports, Sub reports by Region, Year, Quarter, Month and Week.
- Developed U-SQL scripts for processing massive amounts of data in a very familiar environment which is mainly used for AZURE DATA LAKE ANALYTICS.
- Worked on creating Azure Data Factory for moving and transforming teh data.
- Worked with Azure Data Lake Store to capture data of any size, type, and ingestion speed in one single place for different operations
- Experience in Migrating databases from SQL 2008 R2 to SQL 2012.
- Experienced in all facets of Software Development Life Cycle (Analysis, Design, Development, Testing and maintenance) using Waterfall and Agile methodologies.
Databases: Confidential SQL Server (2005/2008/2008R2/2012), Oracle 8i/9i, Oracle 10g/9i DB2,Postgre MS Access, NoSql Databases(Hbase).
Database Tools: MS SQL Server (2005/2008/2008R2/2012), MS-Access, SQL Server Integration Services(SSIS), Data Transformation Services(DTS), SQL Server Reporting Services(SSRS)
Development skills: T-SQL, PL/SQL, SSIS/SSRS, SQL PLUS, Power BI
Languages: VB.net, Linux, Unix
ETL Tools: DTS, SSIS (SQL Server Integration Services), Informatica, COMOS, Kettle
Reporting Packages: SQL Server Reporting Services, MS Excel.
Tools/Methodologies: MS Project, SQL Profiler, Toad, TFS 2010, Agile, Jira, Waterfall.
Operating Systems: Windows XP, Windows 7,Windows 8, Win 2003/2008/2008R2
Confidential, New Jersey
Sr. SQL Server BI/Power BI Developer
- DevelopedPowerBImodel used for financial reporting of P & L and Headcount.
- Designed and documented teh entire Architecture of Power bi Poc
- Expertise in writing complex DAX functions inPower BI and Power Pivot.
- AutomatedPowerQuery refresh usingpowershell script and windows task scheduler.
- Used various sources to pull data intoPower BI such as Sql Server, SAP BW, Oracle, SQL Azure etc.. .
- Installed and configured Enterprise gateway and Personal gateway in Power bi service.
- Created Workspace and content packs for business users to view teh developed reports.
- Scheduled Automatic refresh and scheduling refresh in power bi service.
- Wrote calculated columns, Measures query’s in power bi desktop to show good data analysis techniques.
- Weekly presentation to teh business users about teh reports and their changes as required.
- Worked on all kind of reports such as Yearly, Quarterly, Monthly, and Daily.
- Worked on all types of transformations dat are available in Power bi query editor
- Created stored procedures and SQL queries to pull data intopowerpivot model.
- Participated in project planning sessions with project managers, business analysts and team members to analyze business requirements and outline teh proposed solution.
- Database creation (DDL, DML, DCL), database tuning, SQL tuning, performance planning.
- Extensively used Joins and Sub-Queries to simplify complex queries involving multiple tables.
- Developed tabular queries for efficient analysis of report using Pivot/Un pivot in T-SQL.
- Transformed complex business logic into Database design and maintaining it by using SQL objects like Stored Procedures, User Defined Functions, Views, T-SQL Scripting and Jobs.
- Creating and Modifying Tables, Stored Procedures, Views, Indexes, User-defined Functions, and Triggers as required.
- Created Jobs Performance report dat queries system tables to track teh duration of each job and weekly-average duration using SSRS.
- Designed and created data extracts, supporting SSRS, POWER BI, Tableau or other visualization tools reporting applications.
- Creating data blending in case of merging two different datasets using Tableau
- Created Datasets in T-SQL, stored procedures for SSRS.
- Developed Excel PowerView, PowerQuery and PowerPivot dashboards for data analysis
- Developed confidential proprietary analytical tools and reports with Confidential Excel, and Power Pivot and Power Point.
- Performed Index analysis for tables and came up with more efficient solutions to use Clustered and Non-Clustered Indexes for significant performance boost using index tuning wizard.
- Created SSIS packages to import data from Access, Excel, XML, OLE DB Source and Flat Files.
- Filtered bad data using Derived column, Lookups, Fuzzy Lookups, Conditional split.
- Designed SSIS packages to import and transform data between databases and external data sources using various transformations like Data conversion, File system task, Row counts, OLE DB Source, OLE DB Destination, OLE DB Command, Merge Join, Look up, Sort, Data flow task.
- Designed and created data extracts, supporting SSRS, Power BI, Tableau or other visualization tools reporting applications.
- Debugging SSIS packages, Performance tuning on Slowly running SSIS Packages.
- Configure and maintain using Report Manager and Report Server for SSRS, Deployed and Scheduled teh Reports in Report Manager
- Created Reports using Charts, Gauges, Tables, matrix.
- Created Parameterized Report, Dashboard Report, Linked report and Sub Report by Year, Quarter, Month, and Week.
- Created Drill Down Reports, Drill Through Report by Region.
Environment: Power BI, SQL Server 2012, SSMS, SSIS, SSRS, SSAS, Pentaho, T-SQL, Tableau, Power BI, Windows 7, MS Word, MS Excel, C#, Visio, Share Point Jira, SQL Profiler
Confidential, Seattle, WA
SQL Server BI/SSIS/ETL Developer
- Highly responsible for data transformation from various formats to company’s format on a weekly basis. Managed external client project contracts from technical consultation to delivery of projects
- Involved in Planning, Defining and Designing database based on business requirements and provided documentation.
- Developed logical and physical data models for schemas using Erwin.
- Installed MS SQL Server 2008R2 and Management tools using SQL Server Setup Program.
- Coordinated with DBA in creating and managing tables, indexes, triggers, db links and privileges.
- Designed, created and reviewed primary objects such as views, indexes based on logical design models, user requirements and physical constraints.
- Helped to designed all kind of production and sales reports for Sales and procurement departments using SSRS
- Responsible for optimizing all indexes, SQL queries, stored procedures to improve teh quality of software.
- Designed SSIS Packages to transfer data from flat files to SQL Server using Business Intelligence Development Studio.
- Generated periodic reports based on teh statistical analysis of teh data using SQL server Reporting service (SSRS).
- Extensively used SSIS transformations such as lookup, merge, derived column, data conversion, conditional split and aggregate for creating SSIS ETL Solution..
- Responsible for creating cubes and dimensions using MS SQL Server Analysis Services (SSAS).
- Created business critical KPIs using MS SQL Server Analysis Services (SSAS) representing aggregations in several different ways - hierarchically and using custom groupings dat teh company will use to analyze performance.
- Calculated measures and dimension members using MDX, mathematical formulas and user defined functions.
- Used Transformtions such as Union All, Merge and Breakpoints in SSIS.
- Generated ETL Packages tasks daily using SQL Server Agent jobs by scheduling and also manually configured.
- Used all types of container tasks such as for loop, foreach loop and sequence container in SSIS.
- Designed, Developed and Deployed reports in MS SQL Server environment using SSRS-2008R2
- Generated Sub-Reports, Drill down reports, Drill through reports and Parameterized reports using SSRS for Different Regional Sales Head by Monthly and Quarterly Report.
- Created reports to retrieve data using Stored Procedures dat accept parameters.
- Used SQL Server profiler for auditing and analyzing teh events which occurred during a particular time horizon and stored in script.
- Performed T-SQL tuning and optimization of queries for reports dat take longer execution time using MS SQL Profiler, Index Tuning Wizard and SQL Query Analyzer in MS SQL Server 2008R2.
Environment: Windows 2003 Server, SSIS, SSRS, SSAS, Pentaho SQL Server 2008R2, MS Access, T-SQL, Crystal Reports, MS Word, MS Excel, MS Power Point, MS Visio, Visual Studio 2008
SQL Server BI/SSIS/ETL Developer
- Gathered business requirements, definition and design of teh data sourcing and data flows, data quality analysis, working in conjunction with teh data warehouse architect on teh development of logical data models.
- Installed and configured MS SQL Server 2008 along with Visual Studio on a network domain system.
- Created logical and physical data models using Erwin for new requirements after discussion with technical team and application users.
- Designed and implemented complex SSIS package to migrate data from multiple data sources for data analyzing, deploying and dynamic configuring of SSIS packages.
- Created OLAP cubes and dimensions for teh analysis of specific areas using SSAS.
- Developed and maintained a combined data store for reporting purposes.
- Generated reports using Global Variables, Expressions and Functions using MS SQL Server Reporting Services 2008.
- Identified teh database tables for defining teh queries and defined datasets for report generation.
- Defined report layouts including report parameters and wrote queries for drill down reports using SSRS 2008.
- Generated daily, weekly and monthly reports for teh managers.
- Administered interface to organize reports and data sources, schedule report execution and delivery, and track reporting history using SSRS 2008.
- Designed high level ETL architecture for overall data transfer from teh OLTP/OLAP with teh help of SSIS.
- Extensively used performance monitor/SQL profiler to solve dead locks/long running queries.
- Tested teh reports and fixed bugs in teh stored procedures.
- Responsible for teh Performance tuning of teh SQL Commands and teh troubleshooting of teh technical problems in MS SQL Server 2008 with teh use of teh Query Analyzer and Database Engine Tuning Wizard.
- Established backup and recovery of MS SQL server 2005 by using SQL Server Agent Jobs for periodic Backups with backup devices, database maintenance plans and recovery.
Environment: MS SQL Server 2008, SSAS 2008, SSRS 2008, SSIS 2008, T-SQL, Visual studio 2008, DTS, Data Analyzer, MS Access, Word, Excel, SQL Profiler, Windows XP, Erwin v4.2, Version One
SQL BI Developer (SSIS/SSRS)
- Designed, deployed, and maintained various SSRS Reports in SQL Server 2005
- Created Sub-Reports, ad-hoc reports, Drilldown-Reports, Summary reports, and Cross Tab reports
- Actively participated in gathering Business Requirements dat are focused on providing a user friendly System usage or ambience
- Created ETL metadata reports using SSRS, reports include like execution times for teh SSIS packages, Failure reports with error description
- Design and develop SSIS packages, store procedures, configuration files, tables, views, and functions; implement best practices to maintain optimal performance
- Used differentControl Flow Tasks and Data flow Taskfor Creating SSIS Packages. Used different types ofTransformationsfor Data Conversion, Sorting and cleaning teh data from different Sources into Company Format
- Created SSIS packages to download data from FTP sites and populating into different databases and tables.
- Created Drill down and drill through reports in SSRS.
- Expertise in scheduling reports to end-users and give acess to teh report server.
- Created Subscriptions such as standard and data driven in Report Manager SSRS to generate email notifications.
- Developed and scheduled teh cached reports in SSRS
- Created SSIS packages to import data from MS Access, Excel to SQL 2008R2
- Optimized teh query performance with modification in T-SQLqueries, removing unnecessary columns, eliminating redundant and inconsistent data.
- Effectively created and used views in SQL Server to prevent unauthorized access
- Performed tuning of databases by normalizing database, establishing necessary joins, creating useful clustered index and non-clustered indexes.
- Developed and created teh new database objects including tables, views, indexes, stored procedures and functions, advanced queries and also updated statistics using Query Analyzer
- Worked on complex data loading (implemented teh batch data cleansing and data loading
- Meeting with Business Analyst and data modelling team to understand requirements and existing
- Performed Index analysis for tables and came up with more efficient solutions to use Clustered and Non-Clustered Indexes for significant performance boost using index tuning wizard
- Data conversion from Text File into SQL Server Table and Database recovery and database maintenance plan
- Assisted in designing and implementing database logical and physical schemas and document teh testing and maintenance of system corrections
Environment: SQL Server 2008R2, SQL Services Integration Services 2008R2, T-SQL, XML, MS SQL Reporting Services 2008R2, SQL Profiler, MS Office, DB2, Windows Server 2008.
- Involved in system analysis & design of teh Enterprise data warehouse implementation, Requirements gathering and understanding teh business flow.
- Designed teh Functional Requirements and Mapping Technical Specifications on teh basis of Functional Requirements.
- Creating Index, Views, Complex Stored Procedures, Triggers, Cursors and appropriate User defined functions to implement teh business logic.
- Creation of database tables and procedures to update and clean teh old data.
- Transferred data from flat files, Excel spreadsheets, and XML Source data to SQL Server using SSIS and also used BCP and Bulk Insert.
- Designed dashboards, including scorecards and reporting with teh Dashboard Designer delivered via MOSS ( Confidential Office SharePoint Server).
- Involved in data modeling for teh application and created ER diagram using Erwin.
- Created, Maintained & scheduled various reports in SSRS like Ad-hoc Reports, Canned Reports, and Master Reports & Parameterized Reports, Drill Down Report, Drill Through Report usingSQL Server Reporting Services SSIS 2005.
- Proficient on and designing Data Mart and Data Warehouse using Erwin in Star and Snowflake Schemas.
- Helped Database administrators with power shell in building robust administration scripts.
- Responsible for support of MOLAP structures using Analysis Services 2005 and reporting structures in MS EXCEL and Reporting Services 2005.
- Designed and Maintained SSIS Packages for Importing and Exporting Data Migration and Conversion from Legacy Systems to SQL Server 2005.
- Used SSRS to create reports, customized Reports, on-demand reports, ad-hoc reports and involved in analyzing multi-dimensional reports in SSRS.
- Created document for Self-Service Deployment and Execution process for SSIS packages
- Interacting with teh users and troubleshooting teh problems involved with teh development of stored Procedures, triggers and problems related to teh privileges.
- Responsible to tune ETL procedures and schemas to optimize load and query Performance.
Environment: Confidential SQL Server 2005, MS Access, SSIS, SSRS, Query Analyzer, ERWIN, Windows server 2003, DTS, T-SQL, SQL Profiler, DTS
- .NET Developers/Architects Resumes
- Java Developers/Architects Resumes
- Informatica Developers/Architects Resumes
- Business Analyst (BA) Resumes
- Quality Assurance (QA) Resumes
- Network and Systems Administrators Resumes
- Help Desk and Support specialists Resumes
- Oracle Developers Resumes
- SAP Resumes
- Web Developer Resumes
- Datawarehousing, ETL, Informatica Resumes
- Business Intelligence, Business Object Resumes
- MainFrame Resumes
- Network Admin Resumes
- Oracle Resumes
- ORACLE DBA Resumes
- Other Resumes
- Peoplesoft Resumes
- Project Manager Resumes
- Quality Assurance Resumes
- Recruiter Resumes
- SAS Resumes
- Sharepoint Resumes
- SQL Developers Resumes
- Technical Writers Resumes
- WebSphere Resumes
- Hot Resumes