Sr. Sql Server Dba Resume
- More than 9 years of experience as SQL Server DBA (2014, 2012, 2008, 2005, 2000) in Production, Development and Staging, Data Warehouse Environments (OLTP and OLAP).
- Extensive experience in Configuration, Implementation and Maintenance for Disaster Recovery solutions Using Log Shipping, Transactional & Merge Replication in SQL Server 2008/2005.
- Involved in Migrating MYSQL to SQL Server 2008 databases.
- Experience in installing and configuring SQL Server 2014/2012/2008 R 2/2008/2005/2000 SQL Server versions
- Setup and configured AlwaysOn Availability Groups for DR and Reporting.
- Experience with analyzing query plans, writing stored procedures, try - catch blocks, using extended Stored Procedures, managing indexes and locks, troubleshooting deadlocks and blocking, Checking the threshold values and baselines.
- Expertise in Query Optimization, Performance tuning, Database consistency using DBCC utilities and server connectivity, DMV’S, DMF’S, analyzing Locks, Dead Locks and Handling the Isolation Level and Concurrency Effects.
- Verifying and tuning stored procedures created by developers by using Execution plans, SQL Server Profiler, Data Tuning Advisor. Debugging stored procedures, optimizing code and improving efficiency in database including re-indexing, updating statistics, recompiling stored procedures and performing other maintenance tasks.
- Experience in administrative activates comprising Database health Check, Index optimization( Rebuild and reorganizing indexes with different fill factors and updating statistics.), Updating Statistics, Performance Tuning, Query Optimization, Client/Server Connectivity, data base security.
- Hands on experience and outstanding knowledge of high availability SQL Server solutions, including SQL Server Log shipping, Mirroring and SQL Server clustering (Active/Active and Active/Passive).
- Proficient in SQL programming, physical database design, and SQL Performance tuning, replication.
- Used Erwin modeling tool for designing database objects.
- Development of Automated notification when SQL Server Backups and schedule maintained jobs.
- Migrated the SQL Server 2008 to SQL Server 2012.
- Migrated the SQL Server 2000/2005 to SQL Server 2012 and 2008 R2 versions.
- Used PowerShell script for SQL Server Maintenance activities.
- Handled very large databases (OLTP) which are in Terra Bytes (TBs).
- Extensive experience in Deploying and Consolidating Remote Instances.
- Experience in scheduling Backups and Restore, Log Shipping and Maintenance plans using Native & Third-party tools (LiteSpeed5.0 and Red Gate SQL Backup).
- Expertise in Scheduling Database tasks - Jobs, Alerts, Emails, Notification.
- Experience in Configuring and Maintaining Database Mirroring and Database Snapshots.
- Intensive experience in Monitoring and Tuning SQL Server and database performance using SQL Profiler, Index Tuning Wizard, Windows Performance Monitor.
- Involved in migration of DTS Packages (2000) to SSIS (2005) and troubleshoot migration issues
- Experience in BI Development and Deployment of DTS, SSIS packages from MS-Access, Excel, Oracle, and Teradata.
- Monitored Sybase data servers and replication server for performance.
- Migrated the Data from an External Sybase SQL to an MS SQL Database by using SSMA.
- Ensured proper backup and recovery by maintaining DB2 image copies and recovery JCLs
- Efficiently carried out DBA responsibilities in planning DB2 version migration activities, in migration phases and in performing post migration tasks.
- Installed and administered multiple VLDB Oracle 10g and 11g databases.
- Experience in providing Logging, Error handling by using Event Handler, and Custom Logging for SSIS Packages.
- Installation and Configuration of Oracle databases 9i/10g.
- Designing and Deployment of Reports for the End-User requests using Web Interface and SSRS (Ad-hoc Reporting).
- Experience in solving Database issues with Index fragmentation, DBCC checks, Optimization of Query, Data Integrity, Index tuning, Update Statistics, Error and Event Handling.
- Expertise in Performance tuning, Optimization, Data integrity and Statistics by using SQL Profiler, PerfMon and DB Engine Tuning Advisor.
- Object Level Audits using Change Data Capture (CDC).
- Managing database systems using Query Governor and Activity Monitor.
- Expertise in SQL Server Storage Structures and Security Architecture for databases residing on SAN storage on distributed systems.
- Implementing efficient Database Design principles including Partitions and Compression techniques.
- Strong T-SQL Developer skills including stored procedures, Indexed views, User Defined Functions, Triggers, and Distributed Queries.
- Expert in automating process by creating jobs, and error reporting using Alerts, SQL Mail Agent.
- Testing methodologies and tools - Automation and Performance testing.
- 24/7 Production Databases on Call Support. Excellent Analytical, problem solving and communication skills.
- Excellent Communication and interpersonal skills, self-motivated, quick learner and determination to learn new technologies, strong troubleshooting skill and good Team player with excellent interpersonal and team work skills.
Databases: MS-SQL Server 2000/ 2005/2008/2012 , Oracle, MS Access 2003.
Languages: C, C+, T-SQL, VB Script, Java Script, HTML, XML.
SQL Server Tools: Management Studio, Enterprise Manager, Index Tuning Wizard, Database Tuning Wizard, Profiler, Query Analyzer, Export & Import, Precise i3 for SQL Server.
Operating system: Windows 2012/2008/2003/2000/ Professional/ NT 4.0 Advanced Server
OLAP Tools: SQL Server Analysis Server 2008, 2005, SSIS (as ETL)
Load Test Tools.: WAPT 7.5, WAPT Pro 3.1
Confidential, Dallas, TX
Sr. SQL Server DBA
- Migration of databases from SQL Server 2005 to SQL Server 2008R2 and Sql Server 2012.
- Installed Sql Server 2012 and configured Always on With Primary and secondary Replicas, Read only databases, listener and with Application Intent.
- Installed SQL Server 2008R2 on windows 2008R2 and migrated SSIS packages.
- Monitored and modified Performance using execution plans with query hints and Index tuning.
- Maintaining the database consistency with DBCC at regular intervals, Managed Disk space and memory and User connections and Monitored SQL server performance using profiler to find performance and deadlocks.
- Creating views and stored procedures and optimizing them as required by front-end developers for easier implementation on web pages and performance testing on stored procedures, indexes, and triggers.
- Performed Database Integrity Checks, Database Maintenance plans, updated Database Statistics and performed Re-indexing, Rebuilding the indexes, online indexing at regular intervals for better performance.
- Performed horizontal data partitioning for efficient management of database tables and indexes.
- Working on Client/Server tools like SSMS, SQL Server Enterprise Manager and Query Analyzer to Administer SQL Server.
- Implementation of SQL Logins, Roles and Authentication Modes as a part of Security Policies for various categories of User Support via ACTIVE DIRECTORY.
- Developing T-SQL stored procedures, Log on & DDL triggers, views and adding/changing tables for data load and transformation, and data extraction and loading to data ware house.
- Working on different environments and a key resource for deployment of modified objects to production environments.
- Experience in writing scripts like retention of data using batch deletes.
- Designed and deployed SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS) Packages, with error handling, environmental and SQL server package configurations.
- Incremental loading of dimensions, facts, error handling in SSIS.
- Created Dynamic SSIS packages, to load Stage tables from text files.
- Created SSIS/DTS packages for Finance application that would transfer data among servers and perform other data transformations and scheduled the same SSIS packages by creating the corresponding job tasks.
- Created and managed schema objects such as tables, views, constraints, indexes, functions, procedures, and triggers and maintained Referential Integrity.
- Generated Script files of the databases whenever changes are made to stored procedures or views.
- Configured and managed virtual Servers and worked on virtualization and clustering environment.
- Designed and implemented comprehensive Backup plan and disaster recovery strategies Implemented.
- Created DB master key, symmetric keys, asymmetric keys, certificates for encryption.
- Technical Analysis, Code Review, Implementation, 24 x 7 production support.
Confidential, Columbus, OH
Sr. SQL Server DBA
- Involved in Administration, Database Design, Performance Analysis, and Production Support for Large (VLDB) and Complex Databases up to 1 Terabytes.
- Actively involved in setting up Active-Active/Active-Passive clustering in production and Testing Environments and also troubleshot issues with the same. Applied hot fixes and Service Packs in clustering environments.
- Created and maintained various databases for Production, Development and Testing environments using SQL Server 2012, 2008r2, 2005.
- Conducted Database mirroring in High Performance and High Availability mode and troubleshot issues with witness servers.
- Experienced in performance tuning using windows performance monitor and SQL profiler of SQL server. Used SQL Server error logs and event viewer to troubleshoot issues.
- Experience in Configuring, Managing and trouble shooting on SQL Server connection protocols like Kerberos and NTLM.
- Expertise in registering a SPN for Kerberos Connection and Performing NTML Failback.
- Implemented Kerberos Delegation with SSRS.
- Expertise in Fixed several Common issues in Kerberos and NTLM protocol like "Login Failed for user", "Could not open a connection to SQL Server", "Cannot generate SSPI Context", etc.
- Involved in migration of SQL 2005 TO SQL 2008r2
- Performed daily backups and developed recovery procedures
- Involved in the migration of the data across different databases and different servers using SSIS, BCP and Import/export tools.
- Involved in Change Control Management is the discipline of systematically identifying and controlling change requests to a project from both internal and external sources.
- Implemented and configured database monitoring tools and focused on providing a high availability database.
- Troubleshot issues with log file full and database size increasing beyond threshold.
- Creation of new database, planning the location of data, index, and transaction log files on the disks
- Involved in Capacity Planning, data modeling and Logical/Physical database Design
- Provided support to the application developers on the application databases
- Handled the database components of application releases
- Created various multi-dimensional cubes (SSAS), processed facts, dimensions and populated data for front end users.
- Manage SSIS packages, stored procedures, jobs, and utilize Server Side tracing to identify performance issues with deadlocks & other locking issues.
- Performed Database consistency checks with DBCC, Defrag, Index tuning and monitored error logs
- Created Database and Database Objects like Tables, Stored Procedures, Views, Triggers, Rules, Defaults, user defined data types and functions.
- Developed DR plans and automated failsafe backup remediation modules for accurate backup monitoring and reporting / Ad hoc reporting.
- Worked closely with development team for performance enhancements, code reviews and provided vital inputs in terms of index optimization, schema structures, data changes, file layouts etc.
- Extracted data from various sources like SQL Server 2005/2008/2012 , Oracle, Teradata, .CSV, Excel and Text file from Client servers and through FTP.
- Involved in all ITIL process like Change management, Incident Management & Problem Management.
- Actively participated in determining the database schema, database schema changes, implementation plan for database schema releases in coordination with developers and data modelers in adherence with Organization policies.
- Developed and deployed stored procedures, created triggers and audits.
- Developed Jobs for maintenance in terms of updating statistics, rebuilding indexes, scheduled full/diff/log backups, refreshing database environments periodically or on demand. Also set up notifications for failure of jobs etc.
- Proactively monitored, determined and solved issues at sql/database/server levels.
- Handled 24/7 production issues.
Environment: Windows 2003/2008, MS-SQL Server 2012/2008r2/2005, .NET Framework, Visual Studio, i3 performance tool, SSIS and SSRS, Sites Scope monitoring tool, IDERA tool, VMware machines, AJAX, Visual Studio, HTML, XML, XSLT.
Sr. SQL Server DBA
- Planned and Successfully Installed SQL Server 2005, 2008 on the Production and
- Development Servers.
- Successfully Installed the Service Pack 2 and Hot-fix for SQL Server 2005 in all the Dev and Prod Environments.
- Involved in migrating the existing 2000 databases to SQL Server 2005 (Side by Side).
- Developing the successful Backup strategies based on Recovery models.
- Day-to-day activities like taking backup (or schedule the backups daily for database and transaction log) on disk and restore the databases and transaction log on production/
- Involved in creating Logins, Tables, Clustered and Non-Clustered Indexes, Views, Functions and Stored Procedures.
- Raising the change management request and following up with the customer approval, formakingany changes in the production server
- Involved in DTS/SSIS Package, DTS Import/Export for transferring data.
- Involved in implementation of replications like Transactional.
- Implementing Database maintenance plan for Database consistence & Integrity
- On call 24/7 support to databases on weekly rotation.
- Experience with SSIS,SSAS,SSRS
- Export or Import data from other data sources like flat files using Import/Export through DTS, SSIS.
- Used SSRS to build health check reports & deploying the SSRS.
- Experience in using Data driven Subscription to prevent unforeseen circumstances.
- Monitoring SQL server performance using profiler to find the performance and dead locks.
- Monitoring and Troubleshooting SQL Cluster, Mirroring, Log Shipping.
- Creating the Jobs using maintenance Plans for Full, Differential and transactional log backups.
- Recovered many Databases at the time of Database crashes or data loss.
- Performing SQL Server database performance analysis and ongoing maintenance/tuning to ensure maximum performance.
- Maintaining and Monitoring Production, Pre-Production and Development database server environment.
Environment: MS SQL Server 2008R2/2005/2000, T-SQL, SSIS, Composite Software 5.0.0, Report Builder, Lite Speed, BCP, SQL Profiler, Log Shipping, Replication, Mirroring, Clustering, Windows XP/2000 and Windows 2003 Server
Confidential, San Antonio, TX
Jr. SQL Server DBA
- Installed SQL server 2008 on windows 2003/2008R2 advanced servers, applied security fixes. Involved in Migrating SQL Server 2005 Servers to SQL server 2008
- Installed and Configured MS SQL Server 2008 R2, and responsible for configuration, tuning and provide support to all Production and development servers.
- Maintained database response times in 24X7 Production environments, proactively generated performance reports. Automating most of the DBA Tasks and monitoring stats.
- Planning and implementation of database backup/restore and disaster recovery.
- Analyzing business requirements and build logical data models that describe all the data and relationships between the data.
- Responsible for defining Check constraints, Business Rules, tuning data, indexes, and queries.
- Configuring and administering Database Mirroring, Log Shipping on SQL Server 2008R 2
- Developing SQL scripts for maintaining administration tasks.
- Additionally, designed and implemented a disaster recovery system.
- Running Index tuning wizard and rebuilding indexes for faster query response.
- Writing Stored Procedures, Functions and triggers based on the requirement.
- Creating jobs/maintenance plans for Database.
- Designing, Creating and Migration of DTS/SSIS packages to Development and QA Servers.
- Using SSIS, building high performance data integration solutions, including extraction, transformation, and load (ETL) packages for data warehousing.
- Configured Server for sending automatic mails to the respective people when a SSIS process failure or success.
- Using SQL server reporting services (SSRS) delivering enterprise, Web-enabled reporting so create reports that draw content from a variety of data sources.
- Performed all aspects of database administration, including data modeling, backups andrecovery.
- Configured Transactional replication between Primary Server and three Read - Only servers, with separate Distributor server and experience in troubleshooting replication problems.
- Expertise in Security Issues such as creation and granting permissions on various Objects.
- Prepared the reports for the day-to-day as well as weekly/monthly purposes.
- Performance Monitoring of MS SQL Server 2005/2008.
Environment: SQL Server 2000/2005/2008 with Clustering, MS Access, VMware ESX, Windows 2000/2003, Lite speed 5.0, TSM, DTS, RML Utility, T-SQL, SSIS, SSAS and SSRS.
SQL Server DBA/ Developer
- Documented the security standards and roles depending on Development, UAT and Production environments.
- Tuning Queries and Database performance using tools Database Tuning Advisor, SQL Server Profiler.
- Performed the physical database analysis and feasibility requirements. This involves the performance, security, archival, maintenance, and recovery requirements
- Performed regular Database Maintenance task, Checking the disk Defrag procedures in Development environment
- Involved in Installation of SQL Server with Multiple instances, Service packs and Hot Fixes
- Assisted in Setup and troubleshooting Active/Passive Clustering for SQL Server2005.
- Configured Disaster Recovery solution using Log Shipping. Setup for Snapshot and Transactional Replication between Servers, troubleshoot and monitor Publishers, Distributors, and Subscribers
- Used Index Tuning Advisor for Database performance for proper indexes.
- Involved in upgrading of existing Servers from SQL Server 2000 to SQL Server 2005
- Implementing Load balancing Replication across the Databases.
- Performed Database Refresh tasks from production to Development and Staging Servers.
- Involved in Performance Tuning of the SQL Server for Web based Production and Development environments.
- Used PerfMon and Profiler Trace to monitor the Memory, CPU and Disk usage, the private bytes of each process, the trend in the Available Bytes, Performed Uploading of bulk data migration with BCP Utilities.
- Resolved the issue of mission critical of high usage of system CPU, Disk, Deadlocks issue and Transaction per/sec, Memory involved in performance monitoring of Memory, Processor, Disk I/O.
- Creating DTS Packages migration of data across different servers and Other Databases such as Oracle, Sybase and DB2 UDB.
- Implemented MS SQL Server security policies and granted object level permissions.
- Developed Cubes using SQL Server Analysis Services (SSAS).
- Extensively involved in the SSAS storage and partitions, and Aggregations, calculation of queries with MDX, Data Mining Models, developing reports using MDX and SQL.
- Planning, Configuration and Monitoring of Log shipping. Performed Role Reversal of Primary and Secondary servers of the log shipped database.
Environment: SQL Server 2000/2005 Windows NT/2003, VERITAS Net Backup and Crystal Reports.
- .NET Developers/Architects Resumes
- Java Developers/Architects Resumes
- Informatica Developers/Architects Resumes
- Business Analyst (BA) Resumes
- Quality Assurance (QA) Resumes
- Network and Systems Administrators Resumes
- Help Desk and Support specialists Resumes
- Oracle Developers Resumes
- SAP Resumes
- Web Developer Resumes
- Datawarehousing, ETL, Informatica Resumes
- Business Intelligence, Business Object Resumes
- MainFrame Resumes
- Network Admin Resumes
- Oracle Resumes
- ORACLE DBA Resumes
- Other Resumes
- Peoplesoft Resumes
- Project Manager Resumes
- Quality Assurance Resumes
- Recruiter Resumes
- SAS Resumes
- Sharepoint Resumes
- SQL Developers Resumes
- Technical Writers Resumes
- WebSphere Resumes
- Hot Resumes