Data Modeler/ Data Analyst Resume
- 7+ years of IT experience in Data Modeling, data designing, data architecture and data analysis wif Conceptual, Logical and Physical Modeling for Online Transaction Processing (OLTP), Online Analytical Processing (OLAP) and Data Warehousing.
- Expertise in designing logical data models and physical structures associated wif transactional, data warehouse, relationaland dimensional databases wif conformed dimensions. Proven proficiency in translating complex business processes into defined data transformations integrating multiple data sources. Data design documented using ERwin primarily for Oracle.
- Experienced wif both DDL and DML including Joins, Functions, Indexes, Views, Constraints, Primary Keys and Foreign Keys.
- Experienced wif Dimensional data modeling for Data Marts and identifying Facts and Dimensions from teh Enterprise Architecture for designing and implementing teh Star and Snowflake Schemas.
- Experience in developing Entity - Relationship diagrams and modeling Transactional Databases and Data Warehouse using tools like Erwin, ER/Studio and TOAD.
- Expertise in SQL programming skills and developed Stored Procedures, Triggers, Functions, Packages using SQL/PL SQL. Performance tuning and query optimization techniques in transactional and data warehouse environments.
- Experience in designing star schema (identification of facts, measures and dimensions), Snowflake schema for Data Warehouse, ODS architecture by using tools like Erwin 9.x/7.x/4/0, Power Designer 15/16, Embarcadero E-R Studio and Microsoft Visio.
- Experience in dealing wif Slowly Changing Dimensions (SCD), Confirmed Dimensions, Junk Dimensions and Role-Playing Dimensions.
- Well versed in Normalization/De-normalization techniques for optimum performance in relational and dimensional database environments.
- Expertise in Source to target mapping in enterprise data warehouse environment.
- Efficient in process transactional modeling using Erwin in both Forward engineering and Reverse engineering approaches.
- Efficient in enterprise data warehouses using Kimball (Bottom up approach) and Inmon's (Top down approach) methodologies.
- Deployed naming standard to teh Data Model and followed company standard for Project Documentation.
- Using SQL to query Databases Performing various validations and mapping activities.
Confidential, Seattle, WA
Data Modeler/ Data Analyst
- Interviewed Business Users to gather requirements and analyzed teh feasibility of their needs by coordinating wif teh project manager, production support teams, subject matter experts, database Administrators and database developers.
- Analyzed teh data requirements of teh project by studying teh Business Requirement Specification document.
- Created a logical design and physical design models.
- Developed Star schemas based dimensional model to develop teh data warehouse.
- Maintained data integrity of teh database tables.
- Involved in designing context flow diagrams, structure chart and ER diagrams.
- Creation of database objects like tables, views, Materialized views, procedures and packages.
- Identified and defined Entities, relationships and attributes in teh data model as per new specifications on Erwin after analyzing teh database systems currently in use. Identified source elements and done mapping wif teh target systems.
- Collaborated wif ETL, BI and DBA teams to analyze and provide solutions to data issues and other challenges while implementing teh OLAP model.
- Dealt wif master data management dat enables a link all of datato one file, called a masterfile.
- Accurately involved in Normalization and De-normalization of database. Identified and tracked slowly changing dimensions and determined teh hierarchies in dimensions.
- Conducted design discussions and meetings to come out wif teh appropriate Data Mart. Maintained warehouse metadata, naming standards, class words for column names and warehouse standards.
Environment: Oracle Database 8i, SQL, PLSQL, Linux.
Confidential, New York, NY
Data Modeler/Data Analyst
- Involved in preparing Logical Data Models/Physical Data Models using Erwin.
- Created SQL Loader Scripts, table sizing, indexing, table partition, SQL tuning.
- Designed Logical/ Physical Data Model using ER-Studio.
- Created DDL, DML scripts. Created and worked wif X-Reference tables for data validation between difference data marts/Databases
- Created PL/SQL procedures, triggers, generated application data,
- Designed data models wif industry standards up to 3rd NF (OLTP/ODS) and de normalized (OLAP) data marts wif Star & Snow flake schemas.
- Provided conceptual and technical modeling assistance to developers and DBA's using Erwin and Model Mart. Validated Data Models wif IT team members and Clients.
- Wrote and created data load scripts or stored procedures for data mapping document.
- Completed teh C2 level of teh conceptual model along wif business definitions and relationships.
- Responsible for gathering metadata information and creating Data Dictionary report.
- Delivered Source-to-target mappings and developed Informatica mappings/mapplets.
- Defined teh new data elements and design teh logical and physical data model.
- Developed entity and attribute descriptions and definitions for teh models and resolve conflicts.
- Created naming standards for data attributes and metadata to track data source, load frequency, generated key values, and data dictionary.
- Used of best practice3rd normal form and dimensional modeling techniques for BI projects wif proven experience in developing complex physical data models.
- Designed teh warehouse tables and data marts as guided by teh best practice models.
- Integrated teh requirement into teh Warehouse environment through teh completion of teh Information Requirement Definition, Data Relational Diagram, Entity Relational Diagram, and Functional specification document, Business and Data Quality rules, Mart, Cube and Report specifications.
- Used Star Schema and Snow flake Schema for data marts / Data Warehouse.
Environment: Oracle 10g, PL/SQL, SQL Loader 8.1, Informatica Designer, Informatica Power Center 7.1, Toad 4.0, Erwin, Perl, JDBC, Toad 3.0, PL/SQL.
Confidential, Aurora, CO
Data Modeler/Data Analyst
- Participated wif key management resources in teh strategic analysis and planning requirements for Data Warehouse/Data Mart reporting and data mining solutions.
- Data Modeler performing Business Area Analysis and logical and physical data modeling for Data Warehouse / Data Mart applications as well as Operational applications enhancements and new development. Used teh Ralph Kimball Methodology for Data Warehouse/Data Mart designs.
- Responsible for teh Change Control and Release of Enterprise Data Models for Data Warehouse Subject Area Data Marts.
- Specialization in teh area of Logical and Physical design for Dimensional data warehouse designs using following tools: CA/ERWIN; Quest/TOAD; Oracle RDBMS; Ralph Kimball methodology.
- Primary business focus is in teh area of Local, State and Federal Tax Processing for ADP Clients. Much of teh subject matter also relates to Communications and Transmission protocols required to handle teh file transfer handling dat is required for tax servicing for ADP clients.
- Managed teh meta-data for teh Subject Area models for both Operational & Data Warehouse/Data Mart applications.
- Created logical and physical Dimensional data models using Erwin for operational and analytical systems.
- Designed mappings document between sources to targets, using Star Schema, Implemented logic to Slowly Changing Dimensions.
- Developing Snowflake Schemas by normalizing teh dimension tables as appropriate.
- Developed, Implemented & Maintained teh Conceptual, Logical & Physical Data models.
- Design & Implementation of Data Mart; DBA coordination; DDL & DML Generation & usage.
- Metadata & Data Dictionary Management; Data Profiling; Data Mapping.
- Applied Data Governance rules (primary qualifier, Class words and valid abbreviation in Table name and Column names).
- Involved incapturing data lineage, table and column data definitions, valid values and others necessary information in teh data models.
- Identifying teh facts & dimensions; grain of teh fact; aggregate tables, for Dimensional Models.
Environment: Erwin, SQL Server 2008/2012, SSAS, DTS, VSS, Tabular, OLTP, VBScript, XHTML, XML,Netezza, Windows 2008 Server, IIS5.0, 6.0, 7.0.
- Writecomplex SQL queriesfor validating teh data against different kinds of reports.
- Worked wifExcel Pivottables.
- Performed data management projects and fulfilling ad-hocrequests according to user specifications by utilizing data management software programs and tools like Excel and SQL.
- Involved in extensiveDATA validation by writing several complex SQL queriesand Involved in back-end testing and worked wif data quality issues.
Analytical and Transactional: Data Modeling Star-Schema Modeling, Snowflake-Schema Modeling, FACT and dimension tables, Pivot Tables, Erwin
Teradata: R14, R13, R12, Oracle 10g/11g
Programming: SQL, PL/SQL.
Environment: Windows (95, 98, 2000, NT, XP), UNIX
Databases: Oracle 10g, 11g, 12c, SQL Server 2000, 2005, IBM DB2
Web Technologies: HTML, DHTML, XML, XSD, SOAP, WSDL, Web services
Other Tools: TOAD, MS-Office suite (Word, Excel, Project and Outlook), BTEQ
- .NET Developers/Architects Resumes
- Java Developers/Architects Resumes
- Informatica Developers/Architects Resumes
- Business Analyst (BA) Resumes
- Quality Assurance (QA) Resumes
- Network and Systems Administrators Resumes
- Help Desk and Support specialists Resumes
- Oracle Developers Resumes
- SAP Resumes
- Web Developer Resumes
- Datawarehousing, ETL, Informatica Resumes
- Business Intelligence, Business Object Resumes
- MainFrame Resumes
- Network Admin Resumes
- Oracle Resumes
- ORACLE DBA Resumes
- Other Resumes
- Peoplesoft Resumes
- Project Manager Resumes
- Quality Assurance Resumes
- Recruiter Resumes
- SAS Resumes
- Sharepoint Resumes
- SQL Developers Resumes
- Technical Writers Resumes
- WebSphere Resumes
- Hot Resumes