- Around 9 years of IT Experience in Database Design, Development and business intelligence of Microsoft SQL Server 2014/2012/2008 R2/2005/2000 in Development, Test and Production Environments.
- I have vast experience in understanding business in banking and financial domain.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Business Intelligence technologies like MS SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS), MS SQL Server Analysis Services (SSAS) and MS SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS).
- Expertise in writing T - SQL Queries using joins, Sub queries and Cursors in MS SQL Server 2012/2008R 2/2005/2000.
- Expert in automating process by creating jobs and error reporting using Alerts, SQL Mail Agent, FTP and SMTP.
- Very well aware of the changes made to Configuration files and deployment models and other changes in SQL Server 2014.
- Worked extensively on Extraction, Transformation, loading data from Oracle, DB2, Access, Excel, Flat Files and XML using DTS, SSIS.
- Experience in deploying packages to Integration Services Catalog in SQL Server 2012.
- Experience in Interacting with Business users to analyse the business process and transforming.
- Experience in installation, configuration of MS SQL Server 2008, 2008R2, 2012, 2014 and 2017.
- In-depth understanding of all stages of software development life cycle (SDLC).
- Experience in Banking, Finance, Health Care, Pharmaceutical, Telecommunications, B2B and Sales (POS) business sectors.
- Expert in MS SQL Server suite of products like SSRS, SSAS and SSIS of MS SQL Server 2014/2012/2008 .
- Created various SSRS Reports involving variety of features like Reports, Charts, Filters, Sub-Reports, Drill Down, Drill-Through, Multi-valued parameters.
- Experience working on an Agile/Scrum.
- Expertise in Performance Tuning, Index Tuning Wizard, Maintenance, Troubleshooting, Query Optimization, Client/Server connectivity and Database Consistency Checks using DBCC Utilities, DMVs and DMFs.
- Extensive experience in developing Stored Procedures, Views, Triggers and Complex Queries on SQL Server 2014,2012, 2008.
- Expertise in working on all activities related to the development, implementation, administration and support of ETL processes for large-scale Data Warehouses using Bulk Copy Process (BCP) and SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS) with MS SQL 2014,2012, 2008 R2/2008.
- Hands on experience with SQL Server 2012 Always On High Availability Groups.
- Proficient in creating SQL Server reports, handling sub reports and defining query for generating drill down reports using SSRS.
- Expertise on new feature ALWAYSON in SQL 2012 for HA, DR and Reporting access for faster, easier and better safety of data.
- Built Data Analytics or visualization using Power BI (Power View integrated with Share Point).
- Created many dashboards in Power BI using DAX expressions and deployed in App Power BI for Mobile compatibility using content pack.
- Experience in creating SSIS Packages for integrating data using OLE DB connection from heterogeneous sources (Excel, CSV, Oracle, flat file, Text Format Data) by using multiple transformations provided by SSIS such as Data Conversion, Conditional Split, Bulk Insert, merge and union all.
- Excellent T-SQL Programming, query optimization & performance tuning skills.
- Experienced in all phases of project life cycle starting from business requirement gathering an analysis.
- Integration of SSRS Reports using various web parts into SharePoint (MOSS 2007) and various delivery mechanisms.
- Excellent knowledge in RDBMS concepts and constructs along with Database Objectscreation such as Tables, User Defined Data Types, Indexes, Stored Procedures, Views, User Defined Functions, Cursors and Triggers.
- Experience in Performance Tuning in SSIS packages by using Row Transformations, Block and Un-Block Transformations.
- Experience in Interacting with Business users to analyse the business process and transforming requirements into screens, performing ETL, documenting and rolling out the deliverables.
- Strong Experience in Creating, Configuring, Deploying and Testing SSIS Packages.
- Possess excellent communication skills.
- Experience in developing Dashboard, Ad-hoc and Parameterized Reports, create complex reports (ex: drill down reports using different objects) using SSRS.
Tools: & Packages: SQL Server Management studio, Enterprise Manager, Profiler, SQL Server Business Intelligent studio (BIDS), DTS, Report Builder 9.0, HP QC, ProClarity 6.2, SharePoint 2007, Team Foundation Server.
BI Tools: SSIS, SSAS, SSRS, Power BI.
Operating Systems: Windows vista/XP/2003/2000, Windows Server 2000/2003/2008 , UNIX.
Application Packages: MS Office Suite, MS Outlook, Windows SharePoint Services.
Language: T-SQL, PL/SQL, MDX, C, VB.net, C# (.NET)
Databases: MS SQL Server 2000/2005/2008 , MS Access 97/2003/2005/2008.
Data Modeling Tools: MS Visio, Erwin
Confidential, Jersey City, NJ
Sr. MSBI Developer
- Implemented triggers and stored procedures and enforced business rules via checks and constraints.
- Worked with various teams and user groups in designing and developing the Reporting warehouse.
- Involved in understanding the functional requirements, translation of technical documents, data dictionary mapping and data mappings
- Interacted with various upstream and downstream customers in interfacing various systems for data extractions, ETL, Analytics and Reporting needs.
- Created indexes on selective columns to speed up queries and analysis in SQL Server Management Studio.
- Worked on the Reports module of the project as a developer on MS SQL Server 2012 (using SSRS, T-SQL, scripts, stored procedures and views).
- Worked on OLAP Data warehouse, Model, Design, and Implementation.
- Developed Complex Stored Procedures, Views and Temporary Tables as per the requirement.
- Created complex reports which involve more number of groupings and multi-value parameters
- Developed reports like Claim Statements, Fee Bills Transactions and some end request user reports on periodic basis.
- Sound Experience and understanding of SSAS, OLAP and OLTP cube, Data mining and Architecture.
- Worked on querying data and creating on-demand reports using Report Builder in SSRS reports and send the reports via email.
- Developed complex Stored Procedures and views to generate various Drill-through reports, parameterized reports and linked reports using SSRS.
- Created Cross-Tab, Drill-down and Sub-Reports using RDL. Promoted RDLs to Reporting Service Server.
- Migrated SSRS reports from 2008 to SSRS 2012.
- Built efficient SSIS packages for processing fact and dimension tables with complex transformations and type 1 and type 2 changes.
- Defined the logging process for all the packages, populated it with entries like inserted record, updated record and error record.
- Created SSIS Packages using Pivot Transformation, Fuzzy Lookup, Derived Columns, Condition Split, Term extraction, Aggregate, Execute SQL Task, Data Flow Task, and Execute Package Task etc to generate underlying data for the reports and to export cleaned data from Excel Spreadsheets, Text file, MS Access and CSV files to data warehouse.
- Involved in managing developers, advising other groups in organization on SSIS development, data warehouse development, and ETL development best practices.
- Developed SQL-based test and audit scripts (Perl) to validate SSIS packages and data loads, SSRS reports and report stored procedures.
- Designed complex data intensive reports in Power BI utilizing various graph features such as gauge, funnel, line better business analysis.
- Created reports utilizing SSRS, Excel services, Power BI and deployed them on SharePoint Server as per business requirements.
- Implemented the error threshold using precedence constraints and variables in SSIS packages using business rules as reference.
- Created an automated ETL summary report which consists of the summary information for all the loading activities done each day and month.
- Having hands-on experience in web designing; like “Posting the content on the site”
- Testing the content and the site performance after such updates
Environment: Windows Server 2008/2003, Microsoft SQL Server 2000/20, SQL Server Management Studio, Enterprise Manager, Query Analyzer, System Monitor/Performance Monitor, Event Viewer, SQL Profiler, Power BI, Power BI pro, Database Maintenance Plan Wizard, Data Transformation Services, MS SQL Server Analysis Services, SSRS.
Confidential, Washington, CA
Sr. SQL Server Developer/SSRS Developer
- Requirement gathering, Functional & technical specifications for end user and end client applications, Re-Engineering and capacity planning.
- Designed and developed Power BI graphical and visualization solutions with business requirement documents and plans for creating interactive dashboards.
- Performance Tuning of the client databases for better performance on a regular basis.
- Worked with T-SQL to create Tables, Function and Stored Procedures, sub-query, correlated sub-query, complex Stored Procedures and ad-hoc TSQL statement.
- Created Views and Synonym to reduce complexity of end user Responsibility for gathering/refining requirements from the customer for developing reports.
- Developed Query for generating drill down reports in SSRS 2008.
- Created parameterized, Drill down and Drill through reports in MS SQL environment using SSRS.
- Responsibilities include writing of scripts for Database tasks, releasing Database objects into production.
- Had experience in Power BI/QlikView/SSRS creating data visual reports like graphs, Dashboards and some chart reports with complex queries.
- Optimized the Database for best performance, with DBCC, partition table.
- Design and develop the payroll module using MS SQL Server 2000.
- Installation and Administration of SQL Server 7.0 and SQL Server 2000.
- Installed SQL Service Pack 5a Update and SQL Server 7 Service Pack 3
- Migrated data from MS Access to SQL Server.
- Upgraded database (tables, constraints) from SQL Server 7.0 to SQL Server 2000 using the DTS Wizard.
- Analysis, Design and data modeling of Logical and Physical database using E-R diagrams.
- Involved in database Schema design and development.
- Designed tables, constraints, necessary stored procedures, functions, triggers and packages using T-SQL.
- Audited the Front-end application calls to SQL Server.
- Created efficient Queries, Indexes, Views and Functions.
- Enforced Security requirements using triggers to prevent unauthorized access to the database.
- Managing the use of disk space, memory and connections.
- Running DBCC consistency checks, fixing data corruption on application Databases.
- Worked in establishing connectivity between VB applications and MS SQL Server by using ADO.
Environment: SQL server 2000/2005, Oracle 9i/10G, MS VB Access, Windows 2003 Standard Edition, Windows 2000 Advanced Server, Microsoft SharePoint Portal Server, Visual Studio 2005, C#, VB.net 2005, .NET 3.0 SP2, Power BI, Oracle, VSS, SSRS, SSIS, DTS, SQL Profiler, net scripting.
Confidential, St. Louis, MO
Sr. SQL SSIS/SSRS/SSAS Developer
- Experienced in creating SSIS packages to import & export data from text files MS SQL Server databases.
- Generated Pivot reports by auditing the SharePoint and Excel Pivot logs.
- Created the ETL’s to download from SharePoint / shared folders and automated the Excel file refresh again published to shared folders.
- Involved in writing T-SQL script for databases and tables.
- Involved in Error Handling, Package Logging and Configuration of packages.
- Created database objects including tables, triggers, views, stored procedures, Indexes, and Functions.
- Involved in Deployment, scheduling and Running SSIS packages on SQL server.
- Created parameterized, Drill down and Drill through reports in MS SQL environment using SSRS.
- Generated SSRS Report through SSIS Package using script component as per business requirement.
- Involved in gatheringBusiness Requirements, understanding workflow, Impact Analysis and Technical Specification Documentation.
- Involved in Data cleansing, Extraction, Transformation and Loading of Data through SSIS packages.
- Involved in scheduling job using SQL Server Agent for SSIS Packages and Store Procedure as per requirement.
- Successfully tested all task in staging and stored all versions of data using team foundation server (TFS).
- Ability to handle multiple projects and manage time efficiently Understand Microsoft AnalysisServicesand the Microsoft Business Intelligence Stack.
- Upgrading the Excel Power Pivot reports from with using Excel 2013 features.
- Created Indexes to optimize performance of TSQL queries.
- Defined report layouts including report parameters and wrote queries for drill down reports using SSRS.
- Created documents for all Store Procedure, SSIS Package and SSRS Reports that I developed.
- Ability to interact with all levels of the business (analyst, managers, executives)
- Worked closely with finance team to build SSRS reports with different kinds of parameters.
- Excellent team player and worked on development projects.
Environment: SQL Server 2012, SQL Server R2 2012, SSIS, SSRS, SSAS, Visual Source Safe 2012, Erwin 4.0, MS Excel 2007, C#, Tableau, VB.Net, SharePoint, Power BI, Windows Server 2010, VB6, SAP Business Objects.
Confidential, Montgomery, AL
Sr. MS SQL Server/SSIS/SSRS/SSAS Developer/ETL Developer
- Designed and developed Drill down and Drill Through reports with Drop down menu option using SSRS.
- Deploying and scheduling Reports using SSRS to generate all daily, weekly, monthly and quarterly Reports including status.
- Experience in SSIS script tasks, look up transformations and Data flow tasks using T- SQL, C# and Visual Basic scripts.
- Using multi-dimensional models such as Star Schemas and Snow Flake Schema for developing Cubes.
- Designed and Developed matrix, tabular and parametric Reports using SSRS 2012.
- Developed packages using various transformations like Multicast, Conditional split, OLEDB Command, Script Component and Lookup while loading the data into Destination.
- Prepared the Power Shell scripts to deploy BI (DB, SSIS, Model and Job Configuration) Components.
- Used to Work with Active Directory Tickets.
- Improved data load performance by analysing database design and query plans.
- Modified and Create Joins to Improve the Database and execution speed.
- Wrote new Stored Procedures for new system and optimized old Store Procedures and Functions on Production Server.
- Performing/supervising application build, test, and deploy activities
- Created SSIS packages for importing the Excel layouts into the database using SSIS.
- Excellent command over XML, XSLT and XSD, XML is widely used in edifact, hippa.
- Used BIDS to design SSIS packages to transfer data between servers, load data into database, and archived data file from different DBMS. Scheduled the job to do this task periodically.
- Loaded data from ODS to Data Warehouse using SSIS packages.
- Closely worked with DBA teams in the maintaining the databases and trouble shoots experiencing from the users
- Used MDX to query Analysis Service Databases, debugging and supported the purpose of data analysis.
- Supervising process and functional design activities
- Creating functional requirements as an input to application design
- Developing and testing detailed functional designs for business solution components and prototypes
- Involved in business analysis and technical design sessions with business and technical staff to develop dimensional models, requirements document, and ETL specifications. Maintenance of OLAP cubes, data profiling and auditing.
- Involved in Performance Tuning using SQL Server Profiler and SQL server Hints. Created SSIS Packages using SSIS Designer for export heterogeneous data from OLE DB Source, Excel Spreadsheet to SQL Server 2012.
- Experience in optimizing the database by creating various clustered, non-clustered indexes and indexed views.
- Designed ETL packages dealing with different data sources (SQL Server, Flat Files, and XMLs etc.) and loaded the data into target data sources by performing different kinds of transformations using SSIS.
Environment: SQL Server 2012, SQL Server R2 2012, SSIS, SSRS, SSAS, Visual Source Safe 2012, Erwin 4.0, MS Excel 2007, C#, Tableau, VB.Net, SharePoint, Windows Server 2010, VB6, SAP Business Objects.
MS SQL Server BI Developer
- Responsible for writing SQL queries, stored procedures, views, triggers, T-SQL
- Created different kind of charts like Pareto, Bar and Line charts by using Excel Power Pivot.
- Assigned for Database Optimization that involved re-engineering the databases, data and index organizing, performance tuning and query tuning.
- As a part of the team, configured Transactional Replication with multiple publishers and centralized subscriber for real time reporting.
- Also implemented Mirroring for DR Plan.
- Scheduling SQL Server Agent Jobs for updating statistics, checking fragmentation, checking database integrity and backup plans
- Experienced in designing reports through Report Builder and Report Designer.
- Identified and worked with parameters for parameterized reports in SSRS 2005/2008.
- Created and scheduled a SSIS package to run our stored procedures to create the output report tables and regenerate reports automatically on weekly or monthly bases using SSRS 2005 and SSRS 2008.
- Created dimensions using SQL Server Analysis Services (SSAS).
- Creation of temporary tables, efficient index mechanisms and optimizing joins to match the performance expectations of the system
- SSRS module to request data from output tables, design of report templates, use of bar and pie charts, drill-down and drill-through reports, use of parameters, global variables and functions to generate final reports.
- Designed ad-hoc reports using Report Model and configured using Report Manager.
- Used complex expressions to group data, filter and parameterize reports.
- Did unit testing on data and pull the data for user’s requirements
- Developed SSIS Packages to extract data from various data sources such as Excel and flat files into SQL server 2008 using different transformations: derived column, sorting, aggregation.
- Planning and executing data conversion activities (e.g., test data)
- Driving test planning and execution
- Training of internal staff on the SAP Business Objects Toolset.
- Involved in Creation of Dimensions using STAR and SNOW FLAKE Schema.
- Defined cubes, dimensions, user hierarchies, aggregations in an OLAP environment.
- Developed Multi-Dimensional Objects (Cubes, Dimensions) using MS Analysis. Involved in Performance optimization created a Log tables to capture the SSIS events and used it to Perform Debugging of packages.
- Resolving blocking and deadlocks using DMVs, Profiler and killing respective SPIDs and optimizing the queries, which are involved in blocking and deadlock issues.
Environment: MS SQL SERVER 2008/2012, SSIS 2008/2012, SSAS 2005/2008, MS Excel, SAP Business Objects, .Net (Vb.Net, C#), Visual Source Safe, Excel Macros (VBA), IIS 6.0 7.0, VB.NET, MS Access, Web services, Active Directory, VBScript, TCPIP, FTP, COM, COM+.