- Over 7 years of IT experience as a MS SQL Server Developer 2008/2005/2000 in various Industry verticals like Health Care, Finance, Insurance and Retail.
- Conversant with all phase of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) involving Systems Analysis, Design, Development and Implementation.
- Depth knowledge of Data Warehousing and Business Intelligence with extensive experience in multiple full life cycle DW/BI development projects including gathering business requirements, analysis of source systems, design suitable data model/architecture (both relational and dimensional including star schema, snowflakes schema) for data warehouses and data marts, implementation
- Extensive experience in MS SQL Server 2008/2005/2000, Business Intelligence in MS SQL Server Integration Services, MS SQL Server Reporting Services, and MS SQL Server Analysis Services.
- Expert in Developing SSIS Packages to Extract, Transform and Load (ETL)/DTS data into the Data warehouse from Heterogeneous databases such as Oracle, DB2, Sybase and MS Access.
- Extensive experience working with BCP, DTS, SSIS packages, creating jobs and linked servers for MS SQL Server/Oracle/ Sybase databases.
- Expert in Creating, Configuring and Fine - tuning MS SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS).
- Experience in enhancing and deploying the SSIS Packages from development server to production server.
- Expert in resolving the performance issue of SSIS packages
- Strong experience in designing and developing more than 100+ enterprise reports(SSRS/Business Objects) using the data from ETL Loads, SSAS Cubes and various heterogeneous data sources.
- Expert in creating MOLAP Warehouse on SQL 2008 Server Analysis Services and created multiple cubes with dimensions and facts.
- Highly experienced in optimizing MOLAP Cubes by partitioning them, Designing Aggregations, implementing Hierarchies and Calculated Members.
- Hands on experience in implementing Key Performance Indicator (KPI) Objects in SSAS 2008 and Create Calculate member in MOLAP cube using MDX in SSAS 2008.
- Expertise in DMX Queries.
- Expert in Creating and Deploying SSRS Reports on the portal for user accessibility.
- Extensive experience in writing Parameterized Queries for generating Tabular reports, Formatting report layout, Sub reports using Global Variables, Expressions, Functions, Sorting the data, defining data source and subtotals for the reports using SSRS 2008/2005.
- Experience in creating different type of reports like ad-hoc reports, parameterized reports, dashboard reports, drill through report, and drilldown reports by using MS reporting services (SSRS).
- I created subscription of reports which was generated Daily, Weekly and Monthly.
- Experience in administrating the created reports and assigning permission to the valid users for executing the reports.
- Experience in Logical and Physical Database design & development, Normalization and Data modeling using Erwin and SQL Server Enterprise manager.
- Expert in using tools like MS SQL Profiler, Index Tuning Wizard, Windows performance for monitoring and tuning SQL Server performance.
- Highly proficient in using T-SQL for developing complex Stored Procedures, Triggers, Tables, Views, User Functions, User profiles, Relational Database Models and Data Integrity, SQL joins and Query Writing.
- Strong experience in Database Installation, Capacity Planning, Implementing Backup and Recovery Strategy for application and database.
- Maintained positive communications and working relationships at all business levels.
- MS SQL Server 2008/2005/2000
- Oracle 10g
- MS Access
- Transact-SQL (T-SQL)
- C# C++
- Java Scripts
- MS SQL Server Integration Service (SSIS)
- MS SQL Server Analysis Services (SSAS)
- MS SQL Server Reporting Service (SSRS)
- SQL Profiler
- Database Engine Tuning Advisor Visual Studio 2008/2005
- Crystal Reports 8.5
- MS VISIO 2007/2003
- Window Scripting
- Windows Server- 2003/NT/XP/2000
- Windows vista/7
- MS DOS.
Confidential, NYC, NY
SQL Server/BI Developer (SSIS/SSRS)
Hardware/Software:SQL Server 2008/2005, BIDS 2008/2005, Integration Services 2008/2005, Oracle 9i/10g,T-SQL, MS Access, Windows XP/2003 Server
- Planned, Defined and Designed data based on business requirement and provided documentation.
- Gathered data and documenting it for further reference.
- Designed Database using Erwin data modeler.
- Enhanced SSIS packages to put in order policy data feeds from different brokers and OLTP to ODS in a consistent manner, plan to generate month end feeds for financial report system and to load policy transactions from different brokers/agencies.
- Applied various data transformations like Slowly Changing Dimension, Aggregate, Sort, Multicasting, Conditional Split and Derived column etc.
- Developed Unit Test Plans for SSIS packages for checking the functionality of each component.
- Modified the existing SSIS packages to meet the changes specified by the users.
- Scheduled Jobs for executing the stored SSIS packages which were developed to update the database on Daily basis.
- Involved in upgrading from SQL Server 2005 to SQL Server 2008.
- Generated parameterized reports, sub reports, tabular reports using SSRS 2008.
- Designed, Developed and Deployed reports in MS SQL Server environment using SSRS-2005.
- Generated Sub-Reports, Drill down reports, Drill through reports and Parameterized reports using SSRS 2008.
- Created reports to retrieve data using Stored Procedures that accept parameters.
- Scheduled the monthly/weekly/daily reports to run automatically onto the Dashboard
- Responsible for Monitoring and Tuning Report performance.
- Configured the report viewing security for various users at various levels using Report Manager
- Scheduled report and exported in PDF format.
- Fine-tuned SQL Queries for maximum efficiency and performance.
- Provided documentation for all kinds of reports, DTS and SSIS packages.
- Designed and implemented Stored Procedures and Triggers for automating tasks.
Confidential, Chicago, IL
SQL Server/BI Developer (SSIS/SSRS)
Hardware/Software:SQL Server 2005/2008 Enterprise Edition, SQL BI Suite (SSAS, SSIS, SSRS), Enterprise manager, XML, MS PowerPoint, MS Project, MS Access 2003 & Windows Server 2003.
- Transformed data from MS SQL Server 2000 to MS SQL Server 2005 using OLE DB connection by creating various SSIS packages.
- Used the Execute DTS 2000 package task to execute DTS packages.
- Created SSIS package to load data from Flat File (2GB - 4GB) to Flat File and Flat File to SQL Server 2008 and Oracle 10g using Lookup, Fuzzy Lookup, Derived Columns, Condition Split, Term Extraction, Aggregate, Pivot Transformation, Slowly Changing Dimension.
- Used SSIS to create ETL packages to Validate, Extract, Transform and Load data to Data Warehouse and Data Mart Databases.
- Designed a new schema for the Data Mart databases.
- Build the dimensions and fact tables with star schema using SQL Server Analysis Services (SSAS).
- Implemented SSAS Cubes, Facts and Dimension tables to perform analysis.
- Deployed Cubes on Development Server and Production Server.
- Created MDX queries to extract data from the Data Mart.
- Generated Dynamic reports from Cubes (SSAS) using SSRS-2008.
- Designed, Developed and Deployed reports in MS SQL Server environment using SSRS-2008.
- Generated various reports like Cascade type reports, Tabular reports, and Drill down reports.
- Created Store Procedures, Functions and Triggers for retrieval and update of data in the database.
- Generated Daily, Weekly and Monthly Trigger based reports regarding assigned projects to designated Managers and Clients.
- Used Index Tuning Wizard, SQL Profiler and SQL Query analyzer for Performance Tuning.
Confidential, Cincinnati, OH
SQL Server/BI Developer (SSIS/SSRS)
Hardware/Software:MS SQL Server 2005/2008, MS SQL Server Reporting Services, MS SQL Server Integration Services, MS SQL Server Analysis Services 2005, C#, ASP.NET,VB.NET, OLAP, Erwin, DTS/SSIS,BIDS.
- Designed Staging Database using ER-win and SSAS Wizard.
- Designed a new schema for the OLAP database.
- Generated Cubes to perform Analysis and created Fact and Dimension Tables.
- Defined Referenced Relationships with the Measure Groups and Fact Tables.
- Defined Dimension granularity within a Measure group and Drill through actions using SSAS.
- Created Calculated Measures and Dimension members using Multidimensional Expressions (MDX).
- Created various Parameterized Reports, Drill through Reports using SSRS 2008.
- Generated ad hoc reports using MS Reporting services .
- Reports were scheduled to be delivered by Email and File. Created Dashboard reports using SSRS.
- Generated reports using SSRS that could be used to send information to different Primary vendors, Clients and managers.
- Formed and developed the stored procedures, triggers to handle complex business rules, data conversion, historical data, and audit analysis.
- Scheduled Jobs and Alerts using SQL Server Agent.
- Implemented a well-planned backup and restore strategy that protects databases against data loss.
Confidential, Columbus, Ohio
SQL Server/BI Developer (SSIS)
Hardware/Software:MS SQL Server 2005/2000, SSRS, T-SQL, SSIS, Visual SourceSafe, Win 2003 Advanced Server, PowerBuilder, Erwin v7, ASP.Net, C#.
- Installed and configured SQL server 2000, created logins, users and maintenance plans managing use of disk memory and connections to the database.
- Carried out a Developer’s role on MS SQL Server 2000, MS Access Databases (using DTS, T-SQL, Stored Procedures and Views).
- Used ER-win, Normalization, Dimension Modeling and Enterprise Manager for Logical and physical database development.
- Imposed Referential Integrity of data by creating different constraints.
- Migration of the data from text files to SQL Server database using BCP and DTS packages for the processing of different policies.
- Managed and Monitored System Utilization.
- Created triggers, stored procedures and functions using T-SQL to implement the business logic.
- Designed and Implemented the Stored Procedures and Triggers for automating tasks.
Confidential, Huntsville, AL
SQL Server/SSIS Developer
Hardware/Software:SQL Server 2005 (Query Analyzer, Enterprise Manager, DTS Designer, SQL Profiler, Index Tuning Wizard), Windows XP, MS Access, MS Word
- Participated in developing logical model and implementing requirements on SQL Server 2000.
- Created the database for the reporting team.
- Migrated the data from various sources using DTS
- Solved various T-SQL issues using Query Analyzer.
- Created and managed schema objects such as Tables, Views, Indexes, Procedures and Triggers.
- Created ad hoc T-SQL Queries.
- Created Backup and Restore operations.
- Created Database Triggers to implement business requirements
- Created complex Stored Procedures and Functions to support the front-end application.
- Optimized SQL queries for improved Performance and availability
- Monitored Strategies, Processes and Procedures to ensure the Data Integrity, Optimized and reduced Data Redundancy, maintained the required level of security for all production and test databases
- Ensured Data Recovery, Maintenance, and Data Integrity and space requirements for physical Database.
- Reorganize database structures as needed, automate procedures at regular intervals.
- Optimized long running Stored Procedures & Queries for effective data retrieval.
SQL Server BI Developer
Hardware/Software:MS SQL Server 2000, MS Access, DTS, Erwin 4.1, SQL Query Analyze, VB, Crystal Report.
- Gathered functional requirements and written the technical specifications
- Designed logical / physical data models and defined primary key, foreign key using Erwin tool.
- Wrote T-SQL statements using DML and DDL for retrieval of the data.
- Created complex stored procedures, triggers and cursors in SQL Server.
- Developed source to target specifications.
- Developed stored procedures, functions, views and triggers.
- Developed stored procedures to transform the data from enterprise data warehouse to APT data mart to build dimensions and load data to fact tables.
- Created DTS package to schedule the jobs for batch processing.
- Performance tuning to optimize SQL queries using query analyzer.
- Created indexes, constraints and rules on database objects