- 8+ years of experience in Administration, Data Architect and Development using SQL server 7.0/2000/ 2005/2008/2008 R2/2012/2014 systems in OLTP and OLAP environment.
- Expertise and Interest include Administration, Database Design, Performance Analysis, and Production Support for Large (VLDB) and Complex Databases.
- Implemented side by side and Inplace Migration of MS SQL server /2008R2 and applied Patches and Service packs to update different versions of MS SQL server.
- Extensively worked on 32 bit and 64 bit clustered and standalone server environments and creating linked servers between SQL server’s 2000/2005/2008 R2 environments.
- Proficient in SQL Server 2008 new features like Merge Statement, Filtered Indexes, Policy Based Management, Data Compression, Resource Governor, Performance Data Collector and Transparent Data Encryption (TDE), Backup compression, Lock escalation and new data types.
- Implemented the new SQL Server 2005 concepts like Data partitioning, Snapshot Isolation, Database Snapshot, DDL triggers, and Try - Catch blocks, Online Indexing, Online Restoring, DMV’s, DMF’s, Mail Setup, Jobs, Alerts and Database Tuning Advisor.
- Expertise in Performance Tuning, Index Tuning Wizard, Maintenance, Troubleshooting, Query Optimization, Client/Server connectivity and Database Consistency Checks using DBCC Utilities, DMVs and DMFs.
- Experience in implementing and setting up Disaster Recovery and High availability solutions like different Replication Models, Log Shipping, Clustering (Active-Active and Active Passive) and Database Mirroring on physical and virtual machines.
- Extensively Worked onTransactional Replication, Snapshot Replication and Merge Replication.
- Data modeling Experience including Physical and logical data modeling using ERWIN & VISIO.
- Expertise in using DBCC trace flags and deadlock situations.
- Experience in regular maintenance activities like Query Tuning, statistics update, Index rebuild, log file monitoring, temp DB monitoring, handling blocking, deadlock resolutions, and fragmentation issues.
- Explicitly used third party tools like Litespeed and Fog light.
- Expert in using Native tools like SQL Server Profiler, Database Tuning Advisor and Perfmon.
- Experienced in Configuration of IIS (Internet Information Service) in ISP environment with access to SQL DBs, and creation of virtual servers and maintaining very large databases (VLDB)
- Hands on experience in working with System Center Operations Manager (SCOM) 2007 R2.
- Expertise in reading and understanding execution plan and fixing query to execute with low cost using various operators depending on the scenario.
- Monitoring Event Viewer, SQL Error logs and Log File Viewer for Software and hardware related errors.
- Experience in documenting the Root Cause Analysis for various issues like memory and outage of database.
- Working Knowledge of SOX Compliance for maintaining roles and data integrity
- Auditing of database for users transaction, login, database action and removing orphan users.
- Extensive experience and proficiency on the design, construction and implementation of Business Intelligence tools (Star Schema, Data-Warehouses, OLAP cubes, Partitioning and Aggregations), ETL Process (Data Extraction, Transformation layer) with DTS/SSIS, Data Cleansing, MSSQL Databases, Analysis Services (SSAS), Reporting Services (SSRS), Notification Services (SSNS) and MDX ad-hoc Reporting.
- Worked with Tivoli Data Protection (TDP) and TSM for backup of databases and scheduling the backups on the Microsoft SQL Server 2005/2008.
- Strong ability in Scheduling and deploying reports on Report manger.
- Extensively used Repositories like Team Foundation Server (TFS), Visual source safe and Clear Case for Data Archival.
- Handled numerous Change Management requests on production servers.
- 24 X 7 Production Database on Call Support.
- Flexible, Enthusiastic and project oriented team player with excellent communication skills and analytical skills to develop creative solution for challenging client needs.
Operating Systems: Windows NT/ 2003/2008/2010
Databases: MS SQL Server 2014/2012/2008 R 2/2008/2005/2000 , MS Office, Access 97/2000/2003
ETL and REPORTING Tools: SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS), SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS), SQL Server Analysis Services (SSAS), Data transformation services (DTS)
Database Tools: SQL profiler, SQL Query Analyzer, Index Analyzer, SQL Server Management Studio, perfmon counters
Third Part Tools: lite speed, Foglite, Red gate
Languages: T-SQL, XML, Shell
Confidential, Columbus, Ohio
SQL Server DBA
Environment: MS SQL Server 2005/2008/2008 R2/2012, Windows 2003/2008R2/2010, SSRS, SSIS
- Manage and administer SQL server 2005\2008\R2\2012 servers
- Migrations of databases from SQL 2005 to SQL 2008 and SQL 2008 to SQL 2012
- Configured Windows Fail Over Clustering and SQL Clustering on Multi Subnet Cluster
- Configured Active Directory to create users and login groups to access failover clustering
- Deployment of databases, jobs from pre-production to production
- Performed installations of SQL 2005\2008\2012\2014 on clustered and standalone servers
- Upgradations of sql server versions and applying patches and hot fixes
- Adding nodes to already existing clustered servers as a part of data load\High availability
- Configured Transactional Replication and Log Shipping with SQL Server Management
- Implementation of SQL server logins, Roles and Authentication modes as a part of security policies
- Work on weekly Issues reports which are generated as a part of infrastructure setup
- Creating and scheduling maintenance plans for updating statistics, checking fragmentation, checking database integrity and backup plans
- Configured Database mail, linked servers
- Extensively worked on Transparent Data Encryption (TDE) and Auditing
- Performance tuning of databases by windows performance monitor and SQL Profiler
- Used Index tuning wizard to redesign and created the indexes for better performance
- Fine-tune Stored Procedures using Execution Plan in T-SQL for better performance.
- Write T-SQL Scripts for database backup jobs and daily/weekly jobs
- Tune slow running queries using SQL Server Profiler
- Worked with database tuning advisor, SQL server profiler, Performance counters and activity monitor for Performance tuning
- Used DBCC and DMV commands for day-to-day troubleshooting tasks
- Import data across multiple instances using BULK INSERT and BCP Utility
- Involved in Capacity Planning, Database Normalization and De-normalization process
- Optimize the database server usingDMV’s and DMF’sand performed acode reviewandtuningfor the best performance of the application
- Disaster Recovery Planning, Testing and analyzing and continuous update of documentation
Confidential, Hartford, CT
MS SQL Server Developer/DBA
Environment: MS SQL Server 2008/2008R2, Windows 2003/2007, SQL, MS Access, Erwin.
- Installed and Upgraded from Sql Server 2005 to Sql server 2008 & 2008R2 on Various Production Servers R2 and upgraded to their respective Service Packs.
- Implemented Sql Data Compression Using Sql server 2008 For Compressing Data and Log Files, Back Up Level.
- Installed SQL Server 2008 R2 Failover cluster.
- Implemented and setup database mirroring and replication as a part of disaster recovery solution.
- Migrating Databases from Sql server 2005 to Sql server 2008/R2.
- Worked with the table partitioning mechanism to allow the SQL Server engine to escalate locks to the partition level before the table level.
- Worked with Transparent Encryption, table compression, database compression and merge statements.
- Created Table Valued Parameters of a table value data type and be able to pass this variable into a stored procedure.
- Involved In Database Design, Normalization, Indexing.
- Maintaining the database consistency with DBCC, DMV and DMF’s at regular intervals.
- Implemented new T-SQL features added in SQL Server 2005 that are Data partitioning, Error handling through Try-Catch, Common Table Expression (CTE), Ranking Functions.
- Designed and Developed Various Reports Like Adhoc, Matrix and Tabular Using SSRS
- Involved in maintaining Sharepoint Server to host web sites that access shared workspaces, information stores and documents and WSS Content database restores.
- Identified and resolved database performance issues, database capacity issues and other distributed data issues.
- Experience in Migrating DTS 2000 packages to SSIS packages in 2005 using Migration Wizard.
- Analyzing long running slow queries and fine tune the same to optimize application and system performance.
- Developed Drill down, Static and interactive reports in SSRS.
- Created Maintenance Plans for Regular Backups and Rebuilding of Indexes.
- Scheduled jobs for backup, and created alerts for error reporting.
- Solving Tickets on Daily Basis for Production Issues.
- Experience in handling Partitioned cubes in SSAS both in star and snow flake schema.
- Compared Database Objects using Red gate Tool for schema Changes, Data changes during Up gradation Process from Development to Production Servers and Sql lite Speed for Monitoring.
- Filtered bad data from legacy system using complex T-SQL statements, and implemented various constraint and triggers for data consistency.
- Checking Database Health by using DBCC Commands.
Confidential, Cincinnati, Ohio
SQL Server DBA
Environment: SQL Server 2000/2005/2008 r2 with clustering, Replication, T-SQL, Windows bit, DTS, SSIS, Profiler, Lite speed.
- Worked on Client/Server tools like SQL Server Management studio (2000), SQL Server Enterprise Manager (2008R2) and Query Analyzer to Administer SQL Server.
- Migrated SQL server 2000 databases into SQL server 2008R2 databases by In-place upgrade process.
- Installed, authored, and managed reports using SQL Server 2008R2 Reporting Services.
- Evaluated data storage considerations to store databases and transaction logs. Created databases using Transact SQL Statements, SQL Server Management Studio and Database Wizard.
- Responsible for monitoring and making recommendations for performance improvement in hosted databases. This involved index creation, index removal, index modification, file group modifications, and adding scheduled jobs to re-index and update statistics in databases.
- Database mirroring, database snapshot, DDL triggers, try-catch blocks, online indexing, Data partitioning, DMV’s, DMF’s, Mail Setup, Jobs, and Alerts, DTA, SQLCMD and dedicated admin connection.
- Worked on enhancing the application specific data sources and added new fields according to the requirement.
- Successfully applied schema change scripts to existing objects to synchronize with changing business rules.
- Configured more than 2 GB ram on 32 bit Environment.
- Tuned stored procedures by adding the try catch blocks for error handling.
- Removed excess indexing by using the index include clause.
- Created the documentation for issue diagnostics reports.
- Migrated data to new location using Snapshot Replication, and implemented Transactional Replication to support up to date record of Inventory Information.
- Used SQL Profiler and Query Analyzer to optimize DTS package queries and Stored Procedure.
- Involved in DATA Analysis like Analyzing and Accessing collection of Data.
- To analyze long running slow queries and tune the same to optimize application and system performance.
- To set up SQL Server configuration settings to resolve various resource allocation & memory issues for SQL Server databases and to setup ideal memory, min/max server options.
- To implement all database development enhancements to multiple SQL Server databases to ensure a flawless functioning of production environment.
- Managed capacity planning & user accounts, and implement database security for multiple instances of development, certification, QA, and production SQL Servers databases.
Confidential, Madison, WI
SQL Server DBA
Environment: MS SQL Server 2008, Windows 2003/2007, SQL, MS Access, Erwin.
- Worked on Administration, Database Design, and Performance Analysis on very large transactional production databases.
- Installed and configured SQL Server 2005/2008 on new servers with service packs.
- Extensively work on Snapshot and Transactional Replication.
- Work on 32 bit, x64 bit and i64 clustered and standalone server environments.
- Configured data files, log files and tempdb as per RAID features and Reconfigured the default locations of the data files, log files and error log files onto the SAN environment for all the servers
- Work with tools like SQL Server Dashboard, SQL Profiler and Activity Monitor for event monitoring and performance monitoring, and make recommendations based on the results.
- Involved in ETL process under development, testing and production support environments.
- Extensively work on database partitioning for better performance in SQL Server 2005.
- Fix data issues and write various SQL scripts and procedures for migration process.
- Involved in Data Compression, Hot add CPU, Fact Table size reduction and improved performance using SQL Server 2008.
- Expert in using and implementing DMV’s, DMF’s, data partitioning, DDL triggers, Mirroring and Online indexing.
- Develop all the required stored procedures, user defined functions, and triggers using T-SQL.
- Implement data availability solutions like Replication, Log shipping and Database Snapshot.
- Optimize the performance of queries with modifications in T-SQL queries, remove unnecessary columns, eliminate redundant and inconsistent data, and normalize tables.
- Create and modify Stored Procedures and Functions to generate reports.
- Monitor and modify performance using execution plans and Index tuning.
- Migrated SQL Server, SQL Server
- Designed a report on the monitoring of SQL Server Performance. This report gives a detail report to the management on the Performance of the server. Installed couple of SQL Server 2005/2008 on cluster environment.
- Hands on experience with the third party tools (Erwin, Fog Light, VERITAS)
- Implement and manage the clustering environment like Active/Passive and Active / Active
- Use log shipping for synchronization of database.
- Responsible for day-to-day activities, such as backups to the disk and restore the databases and transaction log on production/development servers as per business / IT needs using SQL Safe.
- Troubleshoot and fine-tune databases for performance and concurrency.
Environment: SQL Server 2005(Enterprise Manager, DTS, IIS(Internet Information Service) Performance monitor and System monitor, Profiler, QA, Analysis Services), Windows 2003 Advanced Server.
- Performed backups, DBCC utilities, updated index statistics, monitored database and disk space.
- Created & maintained databases, users, Logins, tables, indexes, stored procedures, roles, permissions and other schema objects.
- Monitoring SQL server performance using profiler to find performance, Dead locks, blockings and Capturing long running SQL queries for fine-tuning SQL statements that better result in efficient SQL statements processing.
- Experience in identifying root cause analysis and fixing the Windows / IIS Web Server Related issues.
- Interacted with development team and assisted them in optimizing SQL Queries and Stored Procedures.
- Scheduled the backups for Databases and Transaction log. Performed restoration operations.
- To set up SQL Server configuration settings.
- Designed and implemented comprehensive Backup plan and disaster recovery strategies
- Rebuilding the indexes at regular intervals for better performance.
- Responsible for Stored Procedures optimization, Performance tuning & index tuning.
- Frequently ran DBCC checks to maintain consistency.
- Used Performance monitor and SQL Profiler to optimize queries and enhance the performance of database servers.