- 8+ years of extensive experience in Design, Development, Implementation & Administration of Database systems using MSSQL 2005/2008R2/2012 for both OLTP (Batch Processing, Online Processing) & Data warehousing Systems (SSRS, SSIS, SSAS)
- Extensive knowledge of Client/Server and Web based applications using C#, C++, ASP.NET, MVC, ADO.NET, VB.NET, REST,Microsoft Visual Studio 2008/2010/2012/2013.
- ImplementedN - Tier Architectureand integrated teh UI wif Database for data retrieval and manipulation usingADO.NETdata objects andEntityFramework.
- Good working knowledge of SQL Server (2005/2008 R2/2012), T-SQL, and MS Access.
- Extensively worked on Normalization and De-Normalization techniques for both OLTP and OLAP systems
- Experience in database programming in writing T-SQL Stored procedures, Triggers, Constraints (Primary Key, Foreign Key, Unique) Indexes and Batch Scripts using various DDL and DML commands.
- Experience in Writing Complex T-SQL Queries, Dynamic-queries, sub-queries, Complex joins
- Thorough knowledge of addressing Performance Issues and Involved in query tuning, Index tuning, Data Profiling and other database related activities.
- Involved in Huge data migrations, transfers using utilities like Data Transformation Services (DTS), and SSIS, Bulk Copy Program (BCP) and Bulk Insert.
- Worked on Master Data Services (MDS) 2012. Created Models, Entities and added teh attributes to teh entities in MDS 2012.
- Experienced in Developing, Deploying, Scheduling and Monitoring DTS/SSIS Packages for DataXfers and ETL Purposes.
- Extensive working Knowledge in configuring and supporting SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS) and SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS).
- Good knowledge of Data Marts, Data warehousing, Operational Data Store (ODS), OLAP, Data Modeling like Dimensional Data Modeling, Star Schema Modeling, Snow-Flake Modeling, FACT and Dimensions Tables using Analysis Services (SSAS).
- Involved in migration of DTS Packages (2000) to SSIS and troubleshoot migration issues.
- Experience in providing Logging, Error handling by using Event Handler, and Custom Logging for SSIS Packages.
- Experience in Performance Tuning in SSIS packages by using Row Transformations, Block and Unblock Transformations
- Experienced inSSRS Reports generation and creating SSISpackages.
- Extensively used Report Wizard, Report Builder and Report Manager for developing reports and deploying reports in SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS).
- Good knowledge on Tableau Desktop, Tableau Reader and Tableau Server.
- Experienced in using Waterfall, Agile, Scrum Development Methodologiesand knowledge on SDLC process oriented activities.
- Experience working wif version controls like Team Foundation Server (TFS).
- Experienced in various testing methodologies like Unit Testing, Integration Testing and Load Testing using tools like N-Unit, White.NUnit and Visual Studio.
- Extensive experience wif process modeling using UML, Flow charts, Sequence diagrams, Activity diagrams and Use cases by using tools like MS Visio and Rational Rose.
- Enthusiastic and Quick in learning new applications and tools, and willing to take individual responsibilities.
- A good team player wif strong ability to learn and adapt new skills.
Operating Systems: Windows 2000/2003/2008 Server, Windows NT 5.0/ 4.0/ 3.5, Windows 9.x/3.x MS DOS, Windows XP/Vista/2000/2003, Windows 7.
RDBMS/Databases: MS SQL Server 2005/2008/2008 R2/2012, Oracle 8i/9i/10g, MS Access 97/2003, IBM DB2 UDB 8.2/8.0
Tools: /Database Utilities: Microsoft Visual studio 2008/2010, SQL Server Management Studio, SQL Server Enterprise Manager, SQL Server Profiler, Import & Export Wizard, Business Intelligence Development Studio (BIDS), IIS 6.0/7.0,Business Objects, Power BI Desktop,Tableau 8.2/8.3, COGNOS 8,XML, N-Unit 2.5/2.6, Install shield 2011, Wise installation studio 7.0.
BI Tools: SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS), SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS), SQL Server Analytical Services (SSAS), Data Transformation Services (DTS), Visual Studio, BIDS.
Design tools: IBM Rational Rose, MS Visio.
Confidential, San Francisco Bay Area, CA
- Gathered teh requirements by discussing wif teh Users,business analysts and team members.
- Studied existing OLTP system(s) and created facts, dimensions and star schema representation for teh data mart and warehouse systems.
- Designed and developedSQL Server Analysis Services(SSAS) databases andOLAP cubesused in ad-hoc analytic research and automated reporting.
- Updated functional specification and technical design documents.
- Wrote complex stored procedures, queries, triggers, functions and cursors for teh OLTP batch and online processes.
- Created indexes, Constraints, and rules on database objects.
- Extensively involved in ETL Processes development, support and implementation.
- Developed ETL Packages using SQL Server 2005 Integration Services to populate data from different sources, for example flat files/SQL/Oracle Server to teh Staging Database and then into teh Data Warehouse. Teh packages created included a variety of transformations, for example, Slowly Changing Dimensions, Look up, Aggregate, Derived Column, Conditional Split, Fuzzy Lookup, Multicast, and Data Conversion.
- Written T- SQL queries for data retrieval.
- Implemented Event Handlers and Error Handling in SSIS packages and notified process results to various user communities.
- Worked on loading teh data into teh MDS staging tables using SSIS and then invoking teh process to push teh data into teh MDS entity on teh front end. Worked on modifying teh data in an MDS entity from teh MDS front end application screen.
- Created teh groupers/collections in MDS 2012 and subscriptions views of teh MDS entities for teh users to access teh data.
- Involved in developing Complex SSRS Reports involving Sub Reports, Matrix/Tabular Reports, Charts and Graphs.
- Wrote T- SQL code/Stored procedures to create datasets for SSRS reports.
- Created Views to store aggregated values for reporting purpose and Designed reports using teh appropriate data regions and data items.
- Configuration and Deployment of all Reports (RDL, RDS) across various SDLC environments
- Used various types of report layout options like charts (bars, lines, pie etc...), images, graphs, sub reports, hyperlinks etc. to make them more attractive and understandable.
- Identified and included report parameters (Single Valued/Multi Valued Parameters).
- Formatted teh reports using Global variables and expressions and Deployed reports on teh company’s remote report server.
- Worked wif various Delivery mechanisms of Reports including Email /PDF/Schedules etc.
- Created subscriptions to provide a daily basis reports.
- Scheduled teh reports to refresh and run on daily, weekly and monthly basis in teh report manager.
- Managed and troubleshoot report server related issues.
- Adhere to Change Control Procedures and Audit controls across all SDLC environments
Environment: MS SQL Server 2008 R2/2012, SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS), SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS), Business Intelligence Development Studio (BIDS), MDS 2012, DQS, MS Excel, Windows XP, Crystal Reports, VBScript, .Net (Asp .Net, C# .Net)
Confidential, Los Angeles, CA
- Involved in ETL process development, Implementation and support for teh Analytics and Reporting needs for various customers.
- GeneratedSQLandPL/SQLscripts to install create and drop database objects including Tables, Views, Primary Keys, Indexes, Constraints, Sequences and Synonyms.
- Involved in validating teh data while datamigration from PL/SQLby creating SQLPackages, Procedures, Functions and Triggers.
- Used SSIS/SQL in performing teh extractions from various data sources for data marts, Enterprise warehouse and SSRS for reporting needs.
- Involved in identifying teh data sources, create data dictionaries, define data mapping and document ETL Procedures.
- Developed, deployed and monitored SSIS Packages for new ETL Processes and upgraded teh existing SSIS packages and maintained for teh ETL (SSIS) Processes.
- Monitored Full/Incremental/Daily Loads and support all scheduled ETL jobs for batch processing.
- Involved in database design process and data modeling process using diagrams and Visio.
- Used File Stream to maintain teh media databases used by teh financial products of teh company and leveraged on teh 2008 R2 SQL Server capabilities.
- Actively involved in analyzing teh old database system and mapping tables, relationships, columns to SQL Server 2008.
- Involved in designing of Star schemas, identifying fact and dimensions,add KPIs and Scorecards.
- Involved in writing MDX Scripts for teh OLAP CUBES.
- Experienced in extracting data from cubes using MDX queries and DMX (Data Mining Expression) queries for Reporting Services.
- Deployed and uploaded teh SSRS reports to SharePoint Server for teh end users and involved in enhancements and modifications.
- Integrated Reports into SharePoint portals using OLAP cubes as data source.
- Involved in creation & web publishing of reports using SSRS in different formats (Excel, PDF etc.).
- Maintained Visual Studio Team System 2010 for teh source control for Database objects.
Environment: SQL Server 2008 R2,T-SQL, SSIS,SSRS, SSAS, VB, ASP, Tableau 8.3, SQL Profiler, Visio, Share point Portal.
Confidential, Louisville, KY
SQL Server Developer
- Written Stored Procedures, complex queries, Views and Functions, Triggers inSQLServer
- Generated tabular and matrix reports in MSSQLReporting Services (SSRS)
- Generated teh drilldown, drill through, Parameterized and linked reports using teh SSRS.
- Developerseveral ad-hoc reports for one time purpose according to teh customer requirement.
- Developed some SSRS Reports in teh Production Environment also.
- Created Summary Reports, sub reports and detailed reports.
- Modified existing stored procedures and some functions.
- Prepared technical specifications for teh development of SSIS (ETL) packages to load data into various target tables and defining ETL standards.
- Implemented SSIS wifSQLServer stored procedures for data manipulations.
- Involved in logical and physical data models using Erwin.
- Created Entity Relationship (ER) diagrams based on requirements.
- Analyzed, designed, developed, implemented and maintained moderate to complex initial load and incremental load mappings to provide data for enterprise data warehouse.
- Created mappings to load data extracted from flat files, Excel files to staging area usingSQLServer SSIS.
- Created sub reports to get teh detailed report data from summary report.
- Created mappings for row transformations, row set transformations, business intelligence transformations, split and join transformations and some other transformations including SCD transformation.
- Involved in component and integration testing of stored procedures. Wrote test conditions and test scripts for all teh stored procedures that me have created.
- Scheduled teh SSIS package services to run at different intervals to fetch teh data and for transferring teh data into other database.
- Monitoring teh event logs and Server error logs for troubleshooting purposes.
Environment: Windows 7, MSSQLServer 2008 R2, T-SQL, SSRS, SSIS, ERWIN, FlatFiles, .NET Framework
Confidential, Portland, OR
- Wrote complex SQL queries to populate data from different tables and which can be used for reports.
- Developed ETL Packages using SQL Server 2008 Integration Services to populate data from different sources, for example flat files/SQL/Oracle Server to teh Staging Database and then into teh Data Warehouse. Teh packages created included a variety of transformations, for example, Slowly Changing Dimensions, Look up, Aggregate, Derived Column, Conditional Split, Fuzzy Lookup, Multicast, and Data Conversion.
- Tested Packages and fixed bugs using SQL 2008 Business Intelligence Development Studio.
- Created reports by linking data from Data Warehouse Cubes using SQL Server 2005 Reporting Services.
- Created drill down reports using SQL Server 2008 Reporting Services.
- Deployed teh generated reports on to teh server.
- Script SQL statements to extract data from teh SQL Server for data cleanup.
- Monitored teh table-spaces for teh production databases on daily basis and increasing teh sizes if required.
- Written T- SQL queries for data retrieval.
- Fine-tuned SQL queries using hints for maximum efficiency and performance.
Environment: MS SQL Server 2008, Microsoft Visual Studio 2008, SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS), Report Manager, Report Viewer, SQL Service Integration Services (SSIS), MS Excel, MS Outlook, Microsoft Visual Source Safe(VSS).
- Involved in requirement gathering and Feasibility analysis.
- Designed and developed core modules and responsible for application development based on teh provided requirement using C#, windows services, ADO.Net, SQL Server.
- Created proof-of-concept prototype applications for demonstration and evaluation purposes.
- Collaborated wif designers to create clean interfaces and simple, intuitive interactions and experiences.
- Developing re-usable User Controls for multiple application purpose.
- Developed efficient JSON parser for serialization and deserialization.
- Created SQL tables wif referential integrity and developed queries using SQL.
- Creating stored procedures to load teh target databases.
- Wrote various stored procedures for teh purpose of application development.
- Involved in testing teh database for queries that were generated and handled teh performance issues effectively.
- Supported technical teams involved wif MS SQL issues and operations.
- Involved in teh maintenance of teh database.
- Involved in peer reviews and handling teh quality process.
- Resolved customer issues by establishing workarounds and solutions and by debugging and creating defect fixes wif a 100% success rate.
- Installed, supported and maintained DVR devices and cameras.
- Deployed packages for Applications using Visual studio.Net Startup Project, developed scripting installer prototype using Nullsoft scripting install system and Built installer for desktop applications using Install shield.
- Built an automated unit testing framework for windows application using white. NUnit.
- Responsible for developing teh test plans and test cases.
- Developed several internal tools and applications to automate mundane tasks that were quickly adopted by other developers. Introduced new tools in teh application to increase application performance and efficiency.
Environment: .Net Framework 3.5, C++, C#, REST, ADO.NET, Windows Services, MS Access, MS SQL Server 2005/2008, DB2, SVN, MS Visio, N-Unit, White. N-Unit, Nullsoft Scripting Install system, Wise Installer, Install Shield.