- 6 years of experience in Database Design, Development & Support of MS SQL Server 2012/2008/2005/2000 in Production and Development.
- Experienced inETL design, developmentandimplementation.
- Hands - on working experience with analyzing query plans, using extended Stored Procedures
- Proficient in working with SQL statements to extract data from data tables and verify the output data of the reports. Good at T-SQL, Sub queries, Joins, Views, Indexes, SQL Functions, Set Operators and other Functionalities.
- Proficient in RDBMS concepts and Objects creation such as Database, Table, Normalization, UDF, User Defined Data Type, Indexes, Views, Cursors and Triggers.
- Strong experience in MS SQL Server with SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS), SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS).
- Worked on creating client reports and custom reports (On demand, Ad-hoc Reports, Frequency reports, Summary Reports, Sub Reports, Drill-down, dynamic grouping, Cross-Tab, graphical, aging reports etc) using SQL Server Reporting Services 2005 and 2008.
- Solid knowledge of Relational Database Management System (RDMS), Data Warehouse Concepts, Data Analysis, Data Cleansing/Data Scrubbing and Data Migration.
- Experience in building Data Integration, Workflow Solutions and Extract, Transform, and Load (ETL) solutions for data warehousing using SQL Server Integration Service (SSIS).
- Expert in High Level Design of ETL Package for integrating data from heterogeneous sources like Oracle, Excel, CSV, flat file, Text Format Data.
- Experience in creating SQL Server Reports, handling sub-reports and writing queries to perform roll-up and drill down operations in SSRS 2012/2008
- Used DTS/Integration services (SSIS) to migrate data from one system to another and performed several transformations to ensure data integrity and validity.
Database: SQL Server 2000, 2005, 2008, 2008 R2, Oracle
Operating Systems: Windows XP/2000/2003.
Programming Languages: T- SQL, PL/SQL, MDX
BI Suite: SSIS, SSRS, PPS 2007/2010
ETL TOOLS: DTS, SSIS
Database Tools: SQL Profiler, Database Engine Tuning Advisor, SSMS.
VC Tools: Visual Source Safe, TFS, SVN.
Confidential, Richmond, VA
MS SQL Server, SSRS Developer
- Extensively worked on stored procedures, views, Joins, tables, triggers, Cursors, Indexes, CTE, temp tables, table-valued, scalar functions etc. on various databases for critical data involving Demand forecasting, profit and loss, net revenue, etc.
- Worked on creating dynamic queries to update/validate table values in multiple databases and servers.
- Used Date functions, String functions and Database functions to manipulate and format source data.
- Functionality Testing and bug fixes /issue resolution during the various quality assurance testing cycles.
- Extensively worked on debugging Stored Procedures and Triggers.
- Worked on Table Partitioning to load current and historical data.
- Reduced the T-SQL overhead successfully by avoiding unnecessary use of UNION, *, Top, Distinct and <> statements.
- Configured SQL Server’s Optimal Settings (Locking & Memory) according to the usage of its tables, # of users and hardware.
- Enhanced performance using optimization techniques like normalization, indexing and monitoring logs to ensure the completeness of batch processes, Scripts and processes.
- Created Triggers on tables having important data so that when changes done to that tables, the history of the changes are stored in Audit tables.
- Worked on procedures involving automatic sending of emails to Application teams regarding RDMS build notifications when release is done weekly.
- Worked on Extraction, Transforming and Loading (ETL) data flows using SSIS; creating mappings/workflows to extract data from SQL Server and Flat File sources and load into various Business Entities.
- Extensively used SSIS transformations such as Lookup, Derived column, Data conversion, Aggregate, Multicast, Data conversion, Merge Join Conditional split, SQL task, Script task and Send Mail task etc.
- Developed packages to copy tables, schemas and views and to extract data from Excel and Oracle using SSIS.
- Installing/administrating SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS), creating schedule reports and delivering via email.
- Responsible for creating the reports based on the requirements using SSRS 2008.
- Developing Queries for generating drill down reports in SSRS 2008.
- Identifying and working with Parameters for parameterized reports in SSRS 2008.
- Developing Sub Reports, Matrix Reports, Charts, Drill-down reports using SSRS.
Environment: SQL Server 2005/2008, T-SQL, Data Transformation Services (DTS), Reporting Services (SSRS), SQL Profiler, Crystal Reports, Windows 2000/XP
Confidential, Minneapolis, MN
- Worked on the file import framework process for the various flat files structures to get data imported into our database.
- Created the Stored Procedures, tables, Views depending upon the project requirement.
- Created the deployment scripts after the development is done for every project.
- Automated the SSIS Packages using the SQL Server Agent Jobs.
- Used various transformations like Multicast, Conditional split, OLEDB Command, Script
- Component and Lookup while loading the data into Destination.
- Troubleshooted the SSIS/SQL job Agent whenever necessary.
- CreatedSSISpackages to clean and load data to data warehouse.
- Responsible for Deploying the SSIS packages and scheduling the package through Jobs in all Tiers including Dev, UAT and Prod, Setting the Configuration files which is done in the specified tables and created technical specs documents for all the enhancements.
- Deploy SSIS Package into Production and used Package configuration to export various package properties to make package environment independent.
- Involved in performance tuning and monitoring of T-SQL blocks.
- Imported the various files provide by the clients into the relational database systems.
- Used the BCP to load the large volumes of data from files into tables.
- Worked with Business Analysts and Users to understand the requirement.
- CreatedSSISPackages using Pivot Transformation, Fuzzy Lookup, Derived Columns, Condition Split, Term extraction, Aggregate, Execute SQL Task, Data Flow Task, and Execute Package Task etc to generate underlying data for the reports and to export cleaned data from Excel Spreadsheets, Text file, MS Access and CSV files to data warehouse.
- Involved in scheduling, creating snapshots and subscriptions for the reports using SSRS 2008.
- Created interactive reports with SSRS, using the report parameters, query parameters, Filters and Expressions.
- Designed and implemented parameterized and cascading parameterized reports using SSRS
- Created tabular, matrix, chart, drilldown reports, and parameterized, cascaded reports according to business requirement.
- Documentation for all kinds of reports andSSISpackages.
- Used Visual Source Safe as Version Control Tool.
Environment: SQL Server 2005,2008 Query Analyzer, Enterprise Manager, SSIS, DTS Designer, SQL Profiler, Index Tuning Wizard, T-SQL,ASP.NET, XML, Windows OS, BCP
Confidential, Boston, MA
MS SQL Server / SSRS /SSIS Developer
- Worked on health care data, used to get data from various states, creating extracts, ETL process.
- Created and designed Staging, ODS (Operational data store), Normalized databases for various business needs.
- Used to deal with Claims, providers, Recipients healthcare data and good at understanding health care business.
- Implemented SQL server clustering to gain control over SQL Server uptime.
- Created detailed reports for the employers to halp them decide which retirement plan showing demographic information based on various parameters using SSRS 2005.
- Extensively used SSIS Import/Export Wizard, for performing the ETL operations
- Involved in developing Complex SSRS Reports including Sub Reports, Matrix/Tabular Reports, Charts and Graphs.
- Generated custom and parameterized reports using SSRS.
- Scheduling jobs for nightly/weekly loads with efficient database backup and recovery plans.
- Created several stored procedures to do bulk insertion, ftp of data/files from mainframe/host systems to SQL server
- Monitored performance using SQL profiler and optimized SQL queries for maximum efficiency.
- Identified and defined multiple Datasets to generate sub reports based on main parameterized report.
- Developed data marts, cubes and ETL to process the cubes nightly, weekly and full refresh of data during the weekends
- Developed and designed DTS package/application for importing the data from word and update
- Created different user level groups, and assigned appropriate permission levels to the reports, to ensure access to the information for the right persons with authorizations based on their levels in the Organizational hierarchy.
- Generated drill down reports by passing parameters from top level to sub levels.
- Uploaded reports on to the report manager and organized them in folders.
- Delivered the reports using ‘pulled’ and ‘pushed’ methodologies.
- Increased query performance, necessary for statistical reporting by more than 25% after performing monitoring, tuning, and Optimizing Indexes using Performance Monitor, Profiler, and Database Engine Tuning Advisor.
- Built effective queries for high-performance reporting and rendered them to HTML, XML, PDF and Excel formats using Reporting Services.
- Designed the reports layout for creating tabular and matrix reports.
- Used prompts to generate Parameterized and Cascading Parameterized Reports allowing the user to limit the reports to particular cases.
- Established data exchange and integration for XML documentation using XML schema.
- Deployed the generated reports on to the server by configuring Report Service Configuration Manager and established credentials to access or deploy a report.
Environment: SQL Server 2000/2005, T-SQL, Data Transformation Services (DTS), Reporting Services (SSRS), Integration Services (SSIS), BCP, SQL Profiler, SQL Developer, tuning, Windows XP.
Confidential, Bloomfield, CT
MS SQL Developer
- Created and modified procedures, triggers and functions
- Used DDL and DML for writing triggers, stored procedures to check the data entry and payment verification.
- Used profiler to monitor the performance, Debug Transact-SQL statements and stored procedures in existing application, to identify slow running query etc.
- Modified store procedure for performance tuning
- Used DTS packages to do file operation, to apply business rules.
- Extensively used Ultra-Edit to verify the text file provided by employer/agency and keep trace of files provided by employer/agency
- Transformed data from text file to SQL server using OLE Automation Objects
- Deployed database objects from development/testing environment to production environment
- Created DTS package to export and import data from SQL Server to text files and data files.
- Worked with Application Developers to support Development activities and achieve optimal efficiency.
- Monitored and scheduled existing/new jobs on production environment.
- Created all administration tasks of SQL Server.
- Used system stored procedures and DBCC commands.
- Keep trace of version of store procedure in Visual SourceSafe
- Responsible for keeping system and databases up-to-date by making necessary changes.
Environment: SQL Server 2000/2005, T-SQL, Data Transformation Services (DTS), Query Analyzer, Enterprise Manager, SSIS, DTS Designer, SSRS, SQL Profiler, Index Tuning Wizard, Oracle 9i.