- Around 7 years of progressive experience inRetailer,Finance, and healthcare domains with expertise in MS SQL Server with Business Intelligence Development Studio (BIDS) 2005/2008/2012 in SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS), SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS) and SQL Server Analysis Services (SSAS).
- Highly proficient in Data Extraction, Transformation and Loading (ETL) process to import, extract and transform data between databases and external data sources.
- Adapt in usage of SSIS Control Flow items (For Loop, Execute package/SQL tasks, Script task, send mail task and SSIS data flow transformations like Aggregate, Derived Column, Data Conversion, Conditional Split, Multicast, Fuzzy Lookup, Union All, Merge Join, Lookup, Slowly Changing Dimension, and Pivot applying ETL concepts.
- Proficient in error handling and debugging in SSIS upon using break point and check point to provide error information during debugging process once failure execution occurred; experienced in configuration and deployment of SSIS packages to different server.
- Strong experience in generating different types of Reports like Ad - hoc reports, Dashboard reports, Linked reports, Sub-reports, Parameterized reports, Drill-down and Drill-through reports by using T-SQL, SSRS and Tableau.
- Effectively built queries for high-performance reports and rendered them to HTML, XML, PDF and Excel formats using SSRS. Supported team in resolving SQL Reporting services and T-SQL related issues.
- Proficient in T-SQL Programming using DDL, DML, DCL commands for various business applications
- Extensive SQL Server Developer experience to develop tables, views, indexes, triggers, stored procedures, CTEs and joins
- Combined knowledge and experience in designing Data Mart and Data Warehouse using Star Schema and Snowflake Schema for implementing Data Mining.
- Quantified knowledge of Data Mining model and Algorithm including Decision Trees, Association Rules Clustering and Naive Bayes.
- Experience in RDBMS Concepts, Database Management System, Database Physical and Logical design, Data Mapping,Table normalization, Data Modeling Creating ER diagrams using tools such as MS Visio Studio and Erwin.
- Profound understanding of entire Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC), and methodologies including Waterfall and Agile Development.
- Facilitated in creating Product Backlog, User Case, Data flow Diagram, UML Diagram and BNF for documentation.
- Excellent communication skills with a strong self-motivating, ability to multitask, and accomplish detailed business requirements, and functional specifications.
RDBMS: SQL Server 2012/2008 R2 / 2008, Oracle 11g/10g/, MS Access, MS Excel
Application Packages: Microsoft Office 2013/2010/2007/2003.
Confidential, White Plains, NY
MS SQL/BI developer (SSMS/SSIS/Tableau)
- Wrote complex SQL queries using joins, sub queries and correlated sub queries to retrieve data from the database.
- Created/Updated database objects like tables, views, stored procedures, and packages.
- Designed ETL (Extract, Transform, Load) strategy to transfer data from source to stage and stage to target tables in the data warehouse tables.
- Wrote stored procedures and scripts to apply business logic and move raw data for staging database to actual database in allenvironments.
- Investigated the nature and probable cause of bugs. Clearly described all bugs followed through toresolution. Tracked bugs, reported trends and made recommendations.
- Managed the Metadata associated with the ETL processes used to populate the DataWarehouse.
- Accomplished various SSIS tasks like Conditional Split, Derived Column, Multicast, Fuzzy Lookup, Union All and Lookup, which were used for data scrubbing, data validation checks during staging, before loading the data into the date warehouse.
- Implemented Event Handlers and Error Handling in SSIS packages. Used checkpoint files to automate the restarting process from the point of failure up to some extent.
- Deployed SSIS Package into Production server and used Package configuration to export various package properties
- Designed and created matrix and tabular, drill down, drill through, and parameterized reports using SSRS and generated these reports using variables, expressions and functions.
- Generated various credit/loan approval reports based on financial data for Risk Evaluation Managers using SSRS and Tableau.
- Created Subscription of Reports in different formats like PDF, excel etc. to be executed automatically on weekly or monthly basis.
Environment: MS SQL Server 2012/2008R2, T-SQL, Microsoft Visual Studio 2010, SSIS, SSRS, Tableau 8.0/8.3, Windows 7/XP, MS Office 2010
Confidential, Harrisburg, PA
MS SQL Developer / BI Developer (SSMS/SSIS/SSRS/SSAS)
- Involved in complete life cycle of SDLC and also responsible for designing of logical as well as physical database.
- Maintained data integrity by performing validation checks such as invalid SSN, email id, phone numbers and address.
- Created and managed schema objects such as tables, views, indexes, procedures, triggers and maintaining Referential Integrity with T-SQL.
- Tested the data with complex queries, joins, sub-queries in temp tables.
- DevelopedSSIS packages to migrate data from different data sources to data warehouse.
- Created SSIS Packages by using advanced tools (i.e. pivot Transformation, Derived Columns, Condition Split, Term extraction, Aggregations, Multicasting).
- Rendered reports in different formats like PDF, excel etc. to be executed automatically on weekly or monthly basis and managed subscriptions.
- Generated Sub-Reports, Drill down reports, Drill through reports and Parameterized reports using SSRS.
- Configured the report viewing security for various users at various levels using Report Manager.
- Documented all database objects, procedures, views, functions & packages for future references.
- Performed all QA testing and match results for different environments.
Environment: MS SQL Server 2012/2008R2, SSAS, SSRS, SSIS, T-SQL, Visual studio 2008
Confidential, New York City, NY
MS SQL Developer / BI Developer(SSMS/SSIS/SSRS/SSAS)
- Designed and created different ETL packages using SSIS and transferred data from Oracle database to SSIS package destination with OLE DB connection.
- Utilized ETL packages dealing with different data sources (SQL Server OLE DB, Excel, Flat Files, and XMLs etc.) and loaded the data into target data sources by performing different kinds of transformations using SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS).
- Developed highly complex SSIS packages using various Tasks, Containers, Data transformations like Fuzzy Lookup, For Each Loop, and For Loop Sequence Container.
- Created SQL scripts to insert/update and delete data in MS SQL database. Created database tables, wrote stored procedures to update and clean the old data and also helped the front end application developers with their queries.
- Analyzed OLAP cubs with SSAS based on multidimensional database, as well asmodification attributes and cubs for data mining process.
- Used Decision tree and Association rules as mining model to predict holiday sales and inventoriesbased on previous data.
- Created, managed and utilized KPIs’ properties to determine business performance.
Environment: MS SQL Server 2008/2012, Microsoft Visual Studio 2010, SSIS, SSRS, MS Excel, T-SQL.
Confidential, Denver, CO
MS SQL Developer / BI Developer(SSMS/SSIS/SSRS/SSAS)
- Created Database Tables, Views, and Functions and developed procedures for implementing application functionality at the database side for performance improvement.
- Created and Modified T-SQL Stored Procedures and Triggers for validating the integrity.
- Wrote complex SQL queries using all kinds of joins, sub queries to retrieve data from the database
- Used SSIS to create ETL Packages to validate, extract, transform and load data to data warehouse databases, data mart databases
- Extensively worked on error handling at different levels of SSIS packages like control flow level and data flow level.
- Generated packages using different Transformations like Lookups, Derived Column, Merge Join, Fuzzy Lookup, For Loop, For Each Loop, Conditional Split, Union all.
- Deployed the created SSIS packages in Development and Testing environments.
- Developed custom reports and deployed them on server using SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS).
- Generated periodic reports based on the statistical analysis of the data using SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS).
Environment: MS SQL Server 2008/2012, Microsoft Visual Studio 2010, SSIS, SSRS,SSMS, MS Excel, T-SQL.
Confidential, Wichita, KS
MS SQL Developer / BI Developer(SSMS/SSIS/SSAS)
- Created Databases, Schemas, Tables, Views, Indexes.
- Normalized and de-normalized tables to maintain referential integrity by using Primary and Foreign Keys.
- Wrote complex stored procedures, queries, triggers.
- Responsible for transferring the data using SSIS packages.
- Designed and built the work flow using SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS) for analyzing datasets containing the information about the stores, departments, average temperature in that particular region, CPI, day of the week, sales and mainly indicating if that week was a holiday
- Studied the existing OLTP systems and Created facts, dimension and star schema representation for the data mart.
- Created and formatted various reports such as drill down, drill through, sub reports and parameterized reports.
- The analysis performed on historical sales data for 45 Confidential stores located in different regions.
Environment: MS SQL Server 2008, Server Integration Services (SSIS), Server Reporting Services (SSRS), TSQL
MS SQL Server Developer/ Reports Developer (SSMS/SSIS/SSRS)
- Involved in Installing SQL Server 2008
- Carried out the back up recovery process on a regular scale and regular up gradation to RDBMS
- Developed stored procedures and triggers to facilitate consistent data entry into the database.
- Worked with SQL in-built functions and user defined functions which includes scalar and table valued functions
- Created and modified a number of existing stored procedures based on the changes made to some existing tables.
- Created and automated regular Jobs such as Daily/Weekly Report Generations in Crystal Reports.
- Designed and deployed reports with Drill Down, Drill through, Drop Down and Parameterized reports
Environment: SQL Server Management Studio SSMS 2008, T-SQL, SSIS, SSRS.SQL Server Agent, SQL Profiler