- Highly qualified Business Intelligence Developer with over 7 years of IT experience in Database development and maintenance for Transportation, Financial Services, Manufacturing, and Hospitality industries.
- Involved in System Development Life Cycle (SDLC) from requirement analysis, system design, and acceptance testing, to system deployment, maintenance in Agile and Scrum development environment.
- Adept in Data Conversion, Normalization and Multi - Dimensional Modeling in Enterprise Data Warehouse design.
- Superior in involvement in creation of Fact Tables, Dimension Tables, Star Schema and Snowflake Schema using Kimball and Inmon methodologies.
- Highly skilled in creating, maintaining and deploying Extract, Transform and Load (ETL) packages to Integration Service Server using Project Deployment and Package Deployment models.
- Excellent hands-on experience in capturing and preserving the state of data by setting up Slowly Changing Dimensions (SCD), Change Data Capture (CDC) mechanisms to extract data from staging tables to partitioned tables with incremental load.
- Proficient in Data Scrubbing and Data Cleansing, data validation checks during Staging, before loading the data into the Data warehouse. Used ETL packages to apply control flow tasks (For loop, For each loop, Execute SQL task) and data flow tasks using various transformations (Conditional Split, Data Conversion, Look up, Derived Column, Merge, Union all)
- Strong subject matter expertise in database objects optimization and performance tuning using Tables, Views, DML Triggers, User Defined Functions (UDFs), Stored Procedure, Transactions, Common Table Expressions (CTEs)
- Expertise experience in generating different types of routine and ad hoc reports based on the business needs using SSRS, Tableau, MS Access, Oracle PeopleSoft HCM and IBM Cognos BI, illustrated by interactive dashboards, linked reports, sub-reports, parameterized reports and drill down, drill through reports
- Strong skillset in MS SQL Server 2012/2008/2005 with SQL Server Data Tools (SSDT), Business Intelligence Development Studio (BIDS), in SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS), SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS) and SQL Server Analysis Services (SSAS).
- Outstanding communication, analytical and problem solving skills to translate business needs into technical specifications. Proven ability to work equally well independently or as part of local or global teams to complete projects and achieve results in a fast paced environment.
- Proficient in Mandarin Chinese, English and comprehensive knowledge in Spanish.
RDBMS: MS SQL Server 2012/2008 R2/2008/2005, MySQL, Oracle 11g/10g/9i, MS Access
Project Tracking: JIRA, GitHub
ETL: Server Integration Service (SSIS), Data Transformation Services (DTS), SQL Server Data Tools (SSDT), Business Intelligence Development Studio (BIDS), Data Quality Services, Data Profile Viewer.
Data Warehouse/OLAP: SQL Server Analysis Services (SSAS), IBM Cognos BI 10/8
Reporting: Server Reporting Services (SSRS), Excel 2013/2007/2003 Power Pivot, Macros, Oracle PeopleSoft HCM 9.2/9.0, Tableau 8/7, IBM Cognos BI 10/8, SharePoint
Languages: Transact-SQL (T-SQL), Multidimensional Expression (MDX), VBA
Data Modeling: Visio 2010/2008/2005
Development Platforms: Visual Studio 2015/2008
Confidential | White Plains, NY
MS SQL CRM Developer
- Created SSIS (SQL Server Integration Services) packages to extract data from various sources from diverse locations and loaded data into SSMS for further tuning.
- Designed the new CRM report using Transact-SQL (T-SQL) and SSRS, illustrated by interactive dashboards, linked reports, sub-reports, parameterized reports and drill down, drill through reports
- Use SQL, SMSS, SSIS to create analytical database, by linking every customer interaction across bank products and customer information.
- Elicit requests from SMEs to reconcile end of period balance, identify customer profits and risk exposure.
- Develop and maintain scripts to automate monthly ETL processes for major bank products.
MS SQL CCAR Developer
- Monitor 35 source systems and 12 schedules daily process.
- Develop, automate ETL process and deploy SSRS stress testing reports for CCAR FR Y-14M: First Lien (A1, A2), Home Equity (B1, B2), Address Matching (C1) and FR Y-14Q: Security (A1) from source systems.
- Provide data analysis by analyzing client’s existing codebase. Develop and generate stress testing files for CCAR First Lien, Home Equity and Security Schedules from multiple source systems across business.
- Ensure the data quality and lineage of CCAR reporting through edit checks based on the Federal Reserve’s guidelines.
- Fix defects during UAT phase; perform sanity check and regression testing.
- Create automation scripts and execute through SSIS package.
- Interact with stakeholders and SMEs to elicit requirements, and translate business domain knowledge to viable solutions to optimize the outcome.
- Generate report to verify the production release remains aligned with business objectives. Document testing results and update mapping documentation, provide guide for users.
Environment: Server Integration Services (SSIS), Server Reporting Services (SSRS), JIRA, SQL Server Management Studio (SSMS) 2012/2008 R2, Tortoise SVN, Server Integration Services (SSIS), MS Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Visio), VBA.
Confidential | Parsippany, NJ
Reporting Developer (SSMS, SSIS, SSRS)
- Maintained IMS data integrity by performing validation checks in SQL server
- Optimized queries tuned and monitored server performance.
- Monitored performance and optimize SQL queries for maximum efficiency.
- Imported data from various sources into a staging area, merges the data into the OLTP data model, and presents it to all levels of the over-600 users.
- Developed, monitored and deployed SSIS packages.
- Implemented SSIS data transformation scripts, created maintenance procedures and provided data integrity strategies.
- Responsible for creating the reports basing on the requirements using SSRS 2008.
- Gathered business requirements, definition and design of the data sourcing and data flows, data quality analysis, working in conjunction with the data warehouse architect on the development of logical data models.
Environment: SQL Server Management Studio (SSMS) 2012/2008 R2, Server Integration Services (SSIS), Server Reporting Services (SSRS), Business Intelligence Development Studio (BIDS), T-SQL, VBA, MS Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Visio, Access).
Confidential | New York, NY
MS SQL Developer (SSMS, SSIS, SSRS, Cognos)
- Gathered user requirements from IT, Human Resource, venders and provided the functional and non-functional analysis regarding the enterprise IT architecture, and business architecture.
- Extracted, reviewed and transformed historical data from various data sources (Excel, CSV, SQL, Flat File) using OLE DB connection by creating various SSIS ETL packages.
- Utilized ETL Tools including SSIS, Cognos BI to implement process chain which automates data cleaning and loads data from staging database into PeopleSoft and Cognos.
- Created Data Source, Data Source View to create a logical view of the data to be placed in OLAP Cubes using Multidimensional Expression (MDX) in SQL Server Analysis Services (SSAS) projects
- Wrote Transact-SQL (T-SQL) queries and dynamic queries in SQL Server Management Studio (SSMS) to create databases for quarterly HR Workforce Scorecard according to parameters and time frame.
- Implemented error handling procedures using Transact-SQL (T-SQL) to ensure the data linage to interact with Oracle Database.
- Deployed SSRS monthly reports and applied business rules to maintain the data security and integrity prior to the disclosure of the PANYNJ’s workforce information.
- Scheduled the SSRS report deployment of Monthly Job Openings and Labor Turnover Information to U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics and responded to ad hoc Freedom of Information Request.
- Designed data visualizations and other KPI reports accordingly for HR Scorecard and executive’s proposal.
- Communicated with line of business and management on the overall status and health of the application.
Environment: SQL Server Management Studio (SSMS) 2012/2008 R2, SQL Server Analysis Services (SSAS), Server Integration Services (SSIS), SQL Server Data Tools (SSDT), Business Intelligence Development Studio (BIDS), Server Reporting Services (SSRS), MS Visual Studio 2008, Oracle PeopleSoft HCM 9.2/9.0, IBM Cognos 8/10, MS Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Visio), Multidimensional Expression (MDX)
Confidential | Wayne, NJ
BI Developer - Big Data (SSMS, SSIS, SSRS, Tableau)
- Designed Data Warehouse using Snowflake schema by normalizing dimensional tables.
- Refactored the database schema for margin matrix to display the Credit Risk report into an organized structure.
- Built efficient SSIS ETL packages for processing fact and dimension tables with transforms and Slowly Changing Dimensions (SCD) to ensure the database platforms are configured, hardened and maintained to capture record changes.
- Designed and built up high performance ETL packages to migrate and manipulate data from Sandra Database, Oracle, MS Excel and SQL Server by using SSIS;
- Used various SSIS transformations such as conditional split, derived column for data scrubbing, including data validation checks during staging, before loading the data into the Data Warehouse.
- Applied Unit Testing on reports and dashboards to ensure data integrity as per the business requirements.
- Communicated with all lines of business and management, proactively identified cross functional or technical issues to improve application stability.
Environment: SQL Server Management Studio (SSMS) 2008 R2, Server Integration Services (SSIS), Business Intelligence Development Studio (BIDS), SQL Server Data Tools (SSDT), Server Reporting Services (SSRS), SQL Server Analysis Services (SSAS), T-SQL, Microsoft Excel 2010, Sandra Database, Oracle 11g/10g, Tableau 8/7.
Confidential | New York, NY
BI Analyst, Institutional Clients Group (SSMS, SSIS, SSRS)
- Interacted with internal specialist, traders to gather needs and demands, centralized the risk management and market security service.
- Designed and implemented new table schemas in order to increase and improve performance of Profit and Loss Attribution Analysis reports (PAA) in SSRS.
- Created ETL packages in SSIS to automate the deployment of the PAA reports and loaded data to SharePoint.
- Used integration and workflow applications such as SSIS to eliminate data redundancies.
- Responsible for expediting End of Day report generation and document migration prior to the production in SSIS.
- Imported and exported data from Excel, Xml and Text files and transformed data from various data sources using OLE DB connection by creating various ETL packages in SSIS.
- Wrote Transact-SQL (T-SQL) scripts to dynamically call stored procedures, DML triggers and user defined functions (UDFs) based on user input parameters regarding the PAA reports.
- Provided real-time restoration and triaging of issues impacting technical services (application/infrastructure) to bank customers and partners in a timely manner while keeping partners advised of significant progress or challenges during the restoration period.
- Demonstrated capability to automate re-occurring development requirements. Proactively engaged with SMEs to share best practices across projects through scrum meetings.
Environment: SQL Server Management Studio (SSMS) 2008 R2, Server Integration Services (SSIS), Business Intelligence Development Studio (BIDS), Server Reporting Services (SSRS), SharePoint, MS Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Visio)
Confidential | Lebanon, NJ
- Designed and built Data Warehouse solutions using SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS) ETL packages such as look up, union-all, multicast.
- Transferred data from OLTP to Data Warehouse using incremental loads, full load to perform different data flow and control flow tasks in SSIS.
- Used a combination of Slowly Changes Dimensions (SCDs, Type 0, 1, 2), Change Tracking and Change Data Capture (CDC) to extract data from staging database and load data to the Data Warehouse.
- Scheduled incremental data loading by incorporating Lookup and Conditional Split SSIS components to identify and manage changes.
- Used Transact-SQL (T-SQL) language in SQL Server Management Studio (SSMS) to create Common Table Expressions (CTEs), stored procedures, DML triggers, User Defined Functions (UDFs) and configured permission on database objects
- Designed routine reports to MS SharePoint for logistic and sales departments. Scheduled and subscribed reports by using SSRS.
- Supported project prototypes, mock-ups and small pilots to prove out solutions for potential deployment.
- Worked with Data Warehouse team to maintain and correct dimensional or fact tables that have impact on report accuracy and availability.
Environment: SQL Server Management Studio (SSMS) 2008R2/2008, Business Intelligence Development Studio (BIDS), Server Reporting Services (SSRS), Oracle 11g/10g, SharePoint, T-SQL, VBA, MS Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Visio, Access)