- Over 7+ years of IT experience as a Tableau and SQL Server Developer in various Industry verticals like Health Care, Finance, Insurance and Service. Maintained positive communications and working relationships at all business levels.
- Extensive experience inTableau Desktop, Tableau Server and Tableau Reader in various versions of Tableau 6, Tableau 7 and Tableau 8
- Conversant with all phases of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) involving Systems Analysis, Design, Development, and Implementation.
- Experience in analytical Database Design and Data Modeling skills using MS Visio and ERWIN.
- Experience in creating different visualizations using Bars, Lines and Pies, Maps, Scatter plots, Gantts, Bubbles, Histograms, Bullets, Heat maps and Highlight tables.
- Involved inTrouble Shooting, Performance tuning of reportsand resolving issues withinTableau ServerandTableau desktop report
- Experience in Installation, Configuration and administrationof Tableau Server in amulti - serverandmulti-tierenvironment.
- Extensive experience on building Interactive dashboards using Tableau.
- Involved in upgrading Tableauplatforms in clustered environment and performing content upgrades.
- EstablishedBest Practicesfor EnterpriseTableauEnvironment and application intake and development processes.
- Extensive experience inTableau Administration Tool for Configuration, adding users, managing licenses and data connections, scheduling tasks, embedding views by integrating with other platforms.
- Expert in ETL-Extraction Transformation Loading, Data warehousing, Operations Data Store concepts, data marts and OLAP-Online Analytical Processing technologies.
- Expert knowledge of Data Warehousing methodologies and concepts, including star schemas, snowflakes, ETL processes, dimensional modeling and reporting tools.
- Highly proficient in the use of T-SQL for developing complex stored procedures, triggers, tables, user functions, user profiles, relational database models and data integrity, SQL joins and query writing.
- Experienced in developing and modifying cubes using SSAS and transform into pivot table.
- Experienced in writing Parameterized Queries for generating Tabular reports, Formatting report layout, Sub reports using Global Variables, Expressions, Functions, Sorting the data, Defining Data Source and subtotals for the reports using SSRS 2012/2008r 2/2008/2005.
- Expert in developing Drill through and Drill down reports using Crystal Reports and MS SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS)
- Quick learner, excellent communication skills and good performer both in team and independent job environments. Never missed the deadline of any projects.
Reporting Tools: Tableau 8, Tableau 7, Qlikview, Oracle OBIEE, Cognos 7.4
Databases: Oracle 11g, Oracle 10g, Oracle 9i, MS SQL Server 2012, MS SQL Server 2008, MS SQL Server 2005, MS SQL Server 2000, MS Access
ETL Tools: Cognos Decision Stream 6, SAP BODS, Oracle Data Integrator, Informatica
Programming Languages: SQL, PL/SQL, C#, VB.Net, ASP, VB 6.0, Python
Scripting Languages: VB Script, Java Script, AJAX, HTML, DHTML, CSS
Operating System: Windows 2000, 2003, 2008, Solaris 9, Solaris 10, Red hat Linux
Microsoft .Net: Net 4.0, Base Libraries, Assemblies, WCF, ASP.Net, ADO.Net, COM Interoperability, Visual Studio .Net
Web Server: IIS 7.0
Confidential, VERNON HILLS, IL
- Built Strategic, Analytical and operational dashboards using Tableau and Xcelsius.
- Understood the business requirements document and Data model design document to come up with the Cognos model design.
- Involved in reviewing business requirements and analyzing data sources form Excel/Oracle SQL Server for design, development, testing, and production rollover of reporting and analysis projects within Tableau Desktop.
- Created views in Tableau Desktop that were published to internal team for review and further data analysis and customization using filters and actions.
- Created Heat Map showing current service subscribers by color that were broken into regions allowing business user to understand where we have most users vs. least users.
- Projected and forecasted future growth in terms of number of subscribers based on upgrading to LTE by developing Area Maps to show details on which states were connected the most.
- Converted charts into Crosstabs for further underlying data analysis in MS Excel.
- Created Bullet graphs to determine profit generation by using measures and dimensions data from Oracle SQL Server and MS Excel.
- Blended data from multiple databases into one report by selecting primary key’s from each database for data validation.
- Combined views and reports into interactive dashboards in Tableau Desktop that were presented to Business Users, Program Managers, and End Users.
- Reviewed basic SQL queries and edited inner, left, and right joins in Tableau Desktop by connecting live/dynamic and static datasets.
- Developed story telling dashboards in Tableau Desktop and published them on to Tableau Server which allowed end users to understand the data on the fly with the usage of quick filters for on demand needed information.
- Scheduled data refresh on Tableau Server for weekly and monthly increments based on business change to ensure that the views and dashboards were displaying the changed data accurately.
- Tested dashboards to ensure data was matching as per the business requirements and if there were any changes in underlying data.
- Implementing best-practices for the dashboards with a solid understanding of the use of Contexts and their impact on performance.
- Creating reports using Webi (Web Intelligence) and Deski (Desktop Intelligence) using Business Objects XI R2 and R3.
- Develop Ad-hoc Business object reports according to user’s requests.
- Involvement in end-to-end activity of dashboard development from requirements gathering to deployment phase.
- Participated in meetings, reviews, and user group discussions as well as communicating with stakeholders and business groups.
ENVIRONMENT: Desktop 8.0, Tableau Server, MS Office Suite, Oracle Sql server R2, MS Excel.
Confidential, EMERYVILLE CA
- Effectively interacted with Business Analysts and Data Modelers and defined Mapping documents and Design process for various Sources and Targets.
- Gathered user requirements, analyzed and designed software solution based on the requirements.
- Involved in creating database objects like tables, views, procedures, triggers, functions using T-SQL to provide definition, structure and to maintain data efficiently.
- Building, publishing customized interactive reports and dashboards, report scheduling using Tableau server.
- Created action filters, parameters and calculated sets for preparing dashboards and worksheets in Tableau.
- Effectively used data blending feature in tableau.
- Defined best practices for Tableau report development.
- Administered user, user groups, and scheduled instances for reports in Tableau.
- Executed and tested required queries and reports before publishing.
- Converted metric insight reports to tableau reports.
- Create, customize & share interactive web dashboards in minutes with simple drag & drop.
- See a comprehensive view of your sales pipeline and results.
- Access dashboards from any browser or tablet.
- Embed dashboards right into Salesforce.com.
- Connect to SAP BW directly, created the dimensions, hierarchies, and levels on Tableau desktop.
- Involved in installation of Tableau desktop 7.0, Tableau server Application software
- Creating users, groups, projects, Data connections, settings as a tableau administrator.
- Involved in creating dashboards and reports in Tableau 8.1. Created report schedules on Tableau server.
- Creating New Schedule's and checking the task's daily on the server
- Maintaining server activities, user activity, and customized views on Server Analysis.
- Worked on tabcmd to schedule the report's and setup email reports using command lines.
- Created Business requirement documents and plans for creating dashboards.
- Involved in creating ad hoc analysis and reporting requests in a timely manner for BML Risk related to fraud Approval's, Declines daily, monthly and yearly
- Created Tableau scorecards, dashboards using stack bars, bar graphs, scattered plots, geographical maps, Gantt charts using show me functionality.
- Worked extensively with Advance analysis Actions, Calculations, Parameters, Background images, Maps,
- Trend Lines, Statistics, and Log Axes. Groups, hierarchies, Sets to create detail level summary report and Dashboard using KPI's
- Created organized, customized analysis and visualized projects and dashboards to present to Senior Level Executives.
- Good SQL reporting skills with the ability to create SQL views and write SQL queries highly recommended
- Deep experience with the design and development of Tableau visualization solutions
- Provided 24/7 production support for Tableau users.
ENVIRONMENT: Tableau Desktop 8.0/7.0, Tableau Server/Administrator, Tabcmd, Oracle 11g, SQL.
Confidential, PLANO, TX
- Read business user requirements, analyzed data, and designed software solutions in Tableau Desktop based on the requirements.
- Built and published interactive reports and dashboards using Tableau Desktop and Tableau Server.
- Created pie and bar charts and combined them into dashboards to show top content viewed by customers in each category including sports and news channels allowing interaction between the two charts for drill down analysis.
- Analyzed data from various databases and formatted it into graphs using Tableau Desktop.
- Created line charts to show over time in a breakdown of daily, weekly, quarterly, and yearly parameter numbers of viewers watching a particular sports channel.
- Blended data from multiple databases such as MS Excel and Oracle SQL database by assigning primary key from each databases.
- Developed geographic maps showcasing demographics broken into age, race, and income category that showed content viewed by individual customers across all content providers.
- Developed parameter and dimension based reports, drill-down reports, matrix reports, charts, and Tabular reports using Tableau Desktop.
- Executed and tested required queries and reports before publishing dashboards.
- Provided support once the dashboards were published if there were any data changes, system changes, or requirement changes.
- Administered user, user groups, and scheduled instances for reports in Tableau Server.
- Presented, interacted, and communicated with business and user groups for explaining the dashboards that I have created with the ability to change and view the data on the fly.
ENVIRONMENT: Tableau Desktop 7, Tableau Server, Oracle SQL Server, MS Excel.
Confidential, DALLAS, TX
- Involved in all phases (SDLC) of this project from planning, requirement gathering, design, develop, test and implementation.
- Involved in analysis of Key Performance Indicators (KPI's) from two main information systems: Procurement (ADPICS) and Finances (FRM).
- Involved in design and development of two main technological components, a Database to store data of all transactions related with each purchase and a Data Warehouse to store historical forecast and real demand by vaccine and by country, to measure the forecasting changes.
- Involved in publishing of various kinds of live, interactive data visualizations, dashboards, reports and workbooks from Tableau Desktop to Tableau servers.
- Assisted users to publish and collaborate reports via a web browser & embed Tableau views in other web applications like SharePoint.
- Involved in conducting trainings to user on interact, filter, sort and customize views on an existing visualization generated thru Tableau desktop.
- Extensively involved in identifying and solving the problems by coordinating with senior managers in emergency and normal issues to meet the goals.
- Extensively participated in translating business needs into Business Intelligence reporting solutions by ensuring the correct selection of toolset available across the Tableau BI suite.
- Participated in Preparing Detailed technical documents from the functional specifications.
- Involved a key member in development of E-R modeling (Logical design) of database incorporating business logic and user requirement.
- Created Advance connections, join new tables, create & manage Extract and Monitor Queries using SQL Assistant.
- Created Complex workbooks and Dashboards by connecting to multiple data source (Teradata) using data blending.
- Extensively worked on Tableau Desktop, by creating Sears & Kmart Complex reports & Dashboards.
- Created Tableau scorecards, dashboards, Heat maps using show me functionality.
- Good Experience in publishing reports and dashboards to Tableau server
- Created complex data Views Manually using multiple measures, also used sort, Filter, group, Create Set functionality.
- Published Reports, workbooks & data source to server and exporting the reports in different Formats.
- Good experience in using URL's, Hyperlinks, Filters for developing Complex dashboards
- Worked creating Aggregations, calculated Fields, Table calculations, Totals, percentages using Key Performance Measures ( KPI ) and Measure
ENVIRONMENT: Tableau 7.0, SQL Server 2008 R2, SSMS, MS Excel, T-SQL.
Confidential, PLANO, TX
SQL SERVER DEVELOPER
- Gathered business requirements, definition and design of the data sourcing and data flows, data quality analysis, working in conjunction with the data warehouse architect used (Kimball’s approach)on the development of logical data models.
- Installed and configured MS SQL Server 2005 along with Visual Studio on a network domain system.
- Created logical and physical data models using Erwin for new requirements after discussion with technical team and application users.
- Designed and implemented complex SSIS package to migrate data from multiple data sources (Teradata) for data analyzing, deploying and dynamic configuring of SSIS packages.
- Designed high level ETL architecture for overall data transfer from the OLTP to CDW with the help of SSIS.
- Created OLAP cubes and dimensions for the analysis of student’s registrations in specific areas using SSAS.
- Developed and maintained a combined data store for reporting purposes.
- Generated reports using Global Variables, Expressions and Functions using MS SQL Server Reporting Services 2005.
- Identified the database tables for defining the queries and defined datasets for report generation.
- Defined report layouts including report parameters and wrote queries for drill down reports using SSRS 2005.
- Created parameterized, drill down and aggregation reports in MS SQL environment using SSRS 2005.
- Generated daily, weekly and monthly reports for the managers.
- Administered interface to organize reports and data sources, schedule report execution and delivery, and track reporting history using SSRS 2005.
- Extensively used performance monitor/SQL profiler to solve dead locks/long running queries.
- Tested the reports and fixed bugs in the stored procedures.
- Responsible for the Performance tuning of the SQL Commands and the troubleshooting of the technical problems in MS SQL Server 2005 with the use of the Query Analyzer and Database Engine Tuning Wizard.
- Established backup and recovery of MS SQL server 2005 by using SQL Server Agent Jobs for periodic Backups with backup devices, database maintenance plans and recovery.
- Used Visual Source Safe (VSS) for version control.
ENVIRONMENT: MS SQL server 2005, MS Server Integration services, SSIS, DTS, SSRS, Profiler and Windows Server 2003.
Confidential, PLANO, TX
- Defined and designed the data sourcing and data flows, data quality analysis.
- Identified the data source and defined them to build the data source views.
- Wrote Complex Stored Procedures, Triggers, Views and Queries. Created indexes, Constraints and rules on database objects.
- Developed and deployed SSIS packages to load data from OLTP to Data Warehouse system.
- Designed ETL packages dealing with different data sources (SQL Server, CSV, Flat Files etc.) and loaded the data into target data destination by performing different kinds of transformations using SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS).
- Used SQL Server Agent to automate the SSIS 2005 package execution.
- Developed stored procedures to transform the data from enterprise data warehouse to SQL server and load data to fact tables.
- Transferred data from various sources like MS Excel, MS Access, and SQL Server using SSIS 2005 and then created reports using this data using SSRS.
- Configured and maintained Report Manager and Report Server for SSRS.
- Identified and added the report parameters and created the reports based on the requirements using SSRS 2005.
- Tested and managed the SSIS 2005 and SSIS 2005 packages and was responsible for its security.
- Created Cross-Tab, Drill-down and Sub-Report using SSRS 2005.
ENVIRONMENT: MS SQL Server 2005, MS SQL Server Reporting Services, MS SQL Integration services, T- SQL, Erwin, MS Excel, MS word, Visual Studio 2005.