- Senior SSIS/SSRS/SQL - Information Technology consultant with over 8 years in Requirement Gathering, Analysis, Design, Development and Implementation of Enterprise solutions, Test and Production Environments on various business domains like Financial, Insurance and manufacturing.
- Expertise with DDL and DML statements, RDBMS, data dictionaries and normal forms.
- Exceptional hands on working knowledge and recent experience working with SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS), SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS),
- Familiarity with DBA Activities in Development/Test environments including Backups, Restores, Data refreshes, Security and User management, Performance Tuning.
- Profound knowledge and ability to write stored procedures, using temporary tables, views, indexes, triggers when required and complex queries including correlated queries and queries with complex joins and aggregate functions.
- Proficient in Debugging, Testing, Deploying Complex Stored Procedures and different Database Objects across various SDLC environments.
- Experience in gathering business requirements and translating them into technical specification and creating reports with respect to business requirement.
- Experienced in creating different types of Tabular Reports, Matrix Reports, Drill-Down, Cross Tab Reports, Ad hoc reports and distributed reports in multiple formats using SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS) in Business Intelligence Development Studio (BIDS).
- Strong ability in defining query for generating drill down reports, handling parameterized reports and creating stylish report layouts in SSRS 2005/2008.
- Highly experienced with DTS/SQL server integration services (SSIS 2005) Packages (Developing, Deploying, Scheduling, Troubleshooting and monitoring) for performing Data transfers and ETL Purposes across different servers.
- Extensive experience in data migration between homogeneous & heterogeneous systems using various tools (DTS Import Export Data, DTS Packages, Bulk Insert and BCP, SSIS).
- Thorough Knowledge of Various SSIS Objects such as Dataflow Components, Control Flow Elements, Connections Managers, Runtime Events, Log Providers etc.
- Expertise in handling Errors by using Event Handler and can provide Logging, Custom Logging for SSIS Packages.
- Experience in creating Jobs, Alerts, SQL Mail Agent and scheduling DTS Packages.
- Experienced using in FTP and SFTP servers to upload files.
- Good knowledge in Designing and Building the Dimensions and cubes with star schema using SQL Server Analysis Services (SSAS).
- Proficient in designing Data Marts, Data warehousing, Operational Data Store (ODS), OLAP, Data Modeling like Dimensional Data Modeling, Star Schema Modeling, Snow-Flake Modeling, FACT and Dimensions Tables using Analysis Services.
- Knowledge and exposure to performing whole database backup and recovery using Log Shipping and Database Mirroring techniques.
- Expertise with job scheduling using SQL Server Agent to perform hourly/daily/nightly updates.
- Expert in creating and maintaining Documents for future needs.
- Ability to work in tight schedules and efficient in time management and Highly motivated team player with excellent interpersonal, technical and communication skills.
- 1-2 years’ experience in Microsoft Office SharePoint Server2007 (MOSS 2007), Windows SharePoint Services 3.0 (WSS 3.0) SharePoint Portal Server 2003, Windows SharePoint Services 2.0
Operating Systems: Windows Server 2000/2003/2008 Windows XP/Vista
Languages: T-SQL, PL/SQL, C#.Net, VB.Net, ASP.Net, XML, HTML.
Tools: /Utilities: Enterprise Manager, SQL Server Management Studio(SSMS), Query Analyzer, Business Intelligence Development studio, DTS, Analysis Manager, SQL Profiler, SSIS, SSRS, SSAS, Visual Studio 2005/2008, SQL * Plus, Toad, Ervin
Databases: MS SQL Server 7.0/2000/2005/2008 , Oracle10g/9i, MS Access
Data Modeling Tools: Microsoft Visio, UML
Software: MS Office, Adobe Dreamweaver, Adobe Photoshop, Ms Excel, MS-Project 2000
Reporting Services: Excel, SQL Server Reporting Services, OBIEE.
Confidential, Baltimore, MD
SQL Server SSIS/SSRS Developer
- Created and managed schema objects such as Tables, Views, Indexes and referential integrity depending on user requirements.
- Developed various T-SQL stored procedures, triggers, views, and adding/changing tables for data extraction, data load and transformations
- Created various database objects such as tables, indexes and views based on the requirement.
- Dynamically supported business users for given requirements and developed the reports accordingly.
- Created ETL packages with different data sources (SQL Server, Flat Files, Excel source files, XML files etc.) and then loaded the data into destination tables by performing different kinds of transformations using SSIS/DTS packages.
- Developed the packages with monitoring features and logging so that audit information of the packages and their execution results are loaded in to the audit table.
- Created checkpoints and configuration files in SSIS packages
- Experienced in slowly changing dimension in SSIS packages.
- Performed incremental data load packages in SSIS.
- Created database maintenance planner for the performance of SQL Server, which covers Database integrity checks and re-indexing.
- Generated various reports with drilldowns, calculated members, dropdowns from the cubes by connecting to Analysis server from SSRS.
- Created data sources, connection strings and defined the datasets for generating the report.
- Designed and written the queries in the query builder for retrieving the data.
- Created and worked with drill down reports and identified the report parameters.
- Used various report items like tables, sub report and charts to develop the reports in SSRS.
- Deployed and generated reports on to the server using the Reporting Services Report Manager.
- Worked with various Delivery mechanisms of Reports including Email /PDF/Schedules etc.
- Created subscriptions to provide a daily basis reports.
- Managed and troubleshoot report server related issues.
Environment: MS SQL Server 2008 or 2008R2, SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS), SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS), Business Intelligence Development Studio (BIDS), MS Excel, Windows XP, SharePoint 2010.
Confidential, Sacramento, CA
SQL Server SSIS/SSRS Developer
- Coordinate with the Business and Finance Team to understand the requirements for design and development of ETL process.
- Created Complex TSQL scripts, Stored Procedures and User Defined Functions using MS SQL Server 2008.
- Design and developed SSIS packages to Extract, Transform and Load data from different Source Systems to MS SQL Server 2008.
- Created dynamic connections using parameters and expressions in connection manager.
- Extensively worked on writing C# scripts in Script Component Task to implement business logics using MS Visual Studio 2008.
- Worked on Error Handling and Logging in SSIS packages.
- Implemented best practices for performance tuning of SSIS packages.
- Created and Scheduled the SQL Server Agent jobs to automate the ETL execution process.
- Participating in daily scrum sessions about the ongoing progress of the project.
- Created Dynamic Store procedure, used CTE and Merge Statement, Views.
- Rendering SSRS Report through SSIS based on the request logged.
- Design and created drill through, graph(bar, Line) reports
- Designed packages which utilized tasks and transformations such as Execute SQL Task, Data Flow Task, Sequence Container, For Each Loop Container, Lookup, Aggregate, Expression, OLE DB Command and Derived Column.
- Created testing document, detail estimate on story, handled the team in offshore and onsite.
- Created SSIS package to render the SSRS report in PDF/Excel format based on user selection in the UI.
- Created Dynamic Store procedure to access two tables with same column.
- Extensively used the execution plan to tune the performance of the Query.
- Created Merge statement to achieve the slowly changing dimension type 1.
- Created Partition on tables to increase the performance and maintain the data into partition. Used Switched to load the data from one table to another table.
- Handled large volume of data and fixed the issue in various level SIT, UAT and Production.
- Create a unit test case document, Use test case document.
Environment: MS SQL Server 2008 or 2008R2/2005, SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS), SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS), Business Intelligence Development Studio (BIDS), MS Excel, Windows XP, Crystal Reports.
Confidential, Minneapolis, MN
SQL Server SSIS/SSRS Developer
- Design and normalize the databases and created different objects like tables, views, Stored Procedures, UDF’s, indexes rules and defaults on MS SQL server.
- Involved with Transact SQL (T-SQL) Coding, writing queries, cursors, functions, views, & triggers.
- Created Complex ETL Packages using SSIS to extract data from staging tables to partitioned tables with incremental load.
- Created logging for ETL load at package level and task level to log number of records processed by each package and each task in a package using SSIS.
- Developed, monitored and deployed SSIS packages.
- Responsible for Scheduling Jobs, Alerting and Maintaining SSIS packages.
- Generated multiple Enterprise reports (SSRS/Crystal/Impromptu) from SQL Server Database (OLTP) and SQL Server Analysis Services Database (OLAP) and included various reporting features such as group by, drilldowns, drill through, sub-reports, navigation reports etc.
- Responsible for fine tuning of the database, troubleshooting, memory management.
- Maintained databases with DBCC (Rebuilding Indexes, Integrity Checks)
- Created reports based on database usage and perform capacity planning.
- Responsible for creating user groups and assigning permissions.
- Optimized stored procedures and indexed query using Index Tuning Wizard.
- Performed DTS for data transfer from Oracle, Teradata, FTP, MS Excel and text file to SQL Server 2000.
- Created DTS packages to transfer objects from development server to production.
- Provided analysis and recommendations for setting up a comprehensive Backup and Recovery Strategy for SQL Servers.
- Setup and Maintained Snapshot Replication across multiple server environments.
- Setup and maintained Linked Servers.
- Worked on large data warehouse Analysis services servers and developed the different reports for the analysis from that servers.
- Extensively involved in the SSAS storage and partitions, and aggregations, calculation of queries with MDX, Data Mining Models, developing reports using MDX and SQL.
- Involved in creating Cubes using SQL Analysis Services (SSAS).
Environment: MS SQL Server 2000, Windows 2003 Server, Windows NT 4.0, Erwin, MS Access, Toad, Excel.
Confidential, Culver City, CA
SQL Server Developer/SSIS/SSRS
- Interfaced with Business users for better understanding the reporting requirements.
- Interfaced with the client as part of the Requirements engineering team to finalize the project scope.
- Involved in Database design including optimizing the database schema, creating database indexes and coding database procedures/queries.
- Migrated SQL Server 2000 DTS packages to SQL Server 2005 SSIS Packages
- Implemented SSIS for data transformation logic process.
- Designing and building data load procedures, using MS SQL Server SSIS
- Extracted data from various sources like DB2, Oracle, Flat files, and XML files and Loaded in to Fact and Dimension tables of data warehouse
- Maintain Operators, Categories, Alerts, Notifications, Jobs, Job Steps and Schedules. Monitor connections, locks and performance of SQL server.
- Developed Stored Procedures, Functions and Database Triggers.
- Developed reports using SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS)
- Developed reports and Landscape reports.
- Developed Complex reports using SSRS and created a tree view application to view the recent reports generated and a scheduler to schedule a selected report to be run on a particular date.
- Used Reporting Services (SSRS) to schedule reports to be generated on predetermined time.
- Created datasets using stored procedures and reports using multi value parameters.
- Created sub reports, bar charts and matrix reports.
- Developing a Report as per user requirement using MS Reporting Services
- Published reports as PDF formats.
Environment: MS SQL Server 2005,SSIS, SSRS, SSAS, T-SQL, MS OLAP, ERWIN 4.0, Oracle 10g, DB2, Sybase, Active X, Microsoft Source safe, Windows 2003.
- Design/Build Extract Transform Load procedures in SQL Server 2000 using DTS packages to import/export data feeds to/from data warehouse and claim systems.
- Created new database objects like Sequences, Procedures, Functions, Packages, Triggers, Indexes and Views using T-SQL in Development and Production environment for SQL Server 2000.
- Worked with Client/Business Analysts to define data requirements for reporting warehouse and disability claim systems import data feeds.
- Designing and building data load procedures, using MS SQL Server.
- Wrote DTS ActiveX scripts that extract data from database tables and write the data to text files.
- Configured product meta-data tables to support client data reporting needs.
- Performance: Analyzed database performance with SQL Profiler and Optimized indexes to significantly improve queries.
- Written complex SQL statements using joins, sub queries and correlated sub queries.
- Worked on Stored Procedures and Database Triggers. Worked on large number of business analytical functions.
- Fine-tuned the logic in Procedures, Functions and Triggers for optimum performance.
- Created SQL reports, data extraction and data loading scripts for different databases and schemas.
- Used SQL Profiler and Query Analyzer to optimize DTS package queries and Stored Procedures.
- Migration: copied production SQL Server 2000 databases to test server running Windows 2003.
Environment: SQL Server 2000, Transact-SQL, VBScript, Erwin, MS-Excel, Windows 2003/2000/NT/XP.
SQL Server Developer
- Creation of user Databases and managing security, created stored procedures.
- Involved in up gradation from MS SQL server 7.0 to 2000.
- Writing stored procedures, checking code for efficiency. Routine backups and restoration.
- Data Transfers between various servers using DTS.
- Defining and creating indexes for query optimization and revising scripts for optimal performance.
- Testing stored procedures performance and path of execution using SQL Profiler
- Recovering the Backups of MS SQL Server production databases in test servers as part of regular maintenance activities.
Environment: MS SQL Server 7.0/ 2000, SQL, T-SQL.