- I am a problem solver.
- My goal is to use my skills to help you improve your information management.
- My job is to listen to you and design a solution to your problems with data.
- Whether it is years worth of data in spread sheets, or you want to improve your understanding of the information that you have, I want to work for your satisfaction
- 20+ years of diverse programming and consulting experience.
- 20+ years database development.
- Highly dedicated individual with well - developed communication and organizational skills; strong project management experience.
- Resourceful problem-solver; skilled in identifying and efficiently implementing programming needs.
- Goal oriented; works well independently or as a member of a team.
Systems Consultant / Process Engineer
Confidential, Knoxville, TN
- Redesign of laboratory analysis data flow and migration of systems to AWS (R, SQL Server 2017, AWS)
Confidential, Knoxville, TN
- Redesign of Database to convert existing standalone systems to a federated multi-tenant model, with separate partitions for each client. (MS Sql Ent 2016, SSIS, SSRS)
Data Warehouse Consultant
Confidential, Albuquerque, NM
- Developed tool that was independent of environment to process Cubes and Tabular models.
- Worked with stored procedures to support conversion of laboratory metrics from a Cold Fusion platform to SSRS. (SSAS, SSRS, SSIS, MS SQL 2014, PeopleSoft, Oracle EBS, Tableau)
- Designed data model, data warehouse and ETL processes to aggregate IDX and VOW data from the 895 MLS systems in the US.
- Data for each of these systems have unique characteristics that are preserved in data model, while standardizing the majority of the data for statistical analysis in the Data Warehouse.
- In this approach, the client’s business analyst matches fields from the origin database to the standardized db.
- Additional outflows from this process include populating legacy tables based on a rules based matching algorithm. For many of the markets, updates are every 15 minutes.
- Business Intelligence is used to predictively model data changes based on historical statistical patterns to identify data issues. (SSIS, SSRS, C#, MS SQL 2014)
- Using data from the Point of Sale system that the client was using, a data mart was constructed to provide relevant information for reporting. Sales and inventory trending analysis, as well as regional and seasonal trending were part of this DW. Outputs from this data warehouse allow Buyers and Planners to better predict future needs and reduce excess inventory.
- Additionally, Marketing used this data to target areas for advertising and sale planning. (MS SQL 2012, SSIS, SSRS, SSAS, Tableau)
- Designed and built Data Warehouse for this software vendor that collects information about patients via HL7 (a healthcare related EDI) for their hospital clients.
- This information was organized to allow for statistical analysis relating to hospital care, discharge care, post discharge care and the re-occurrence of hospitalization. (HL7, BIRT, MS SQL 2012, SSIS, SSAS, SSRS, Microstrategies)
Senior Database Architect Consultant
Confidential, Knoxville, TN
- 3 week review of existing Data Warehouse implementation and identifying areas that should be of concern from the security viewpoint. (SSIS 2016, SSRS 2016, MS SQL 2016, PowerBI)
Data Warehouse Architect
Confidential, Oak Ridge, TN
- Designed Data Warehouse for metrics related to internships at Confidential .
- Initial project completed on time with in budget.
- Created extended prototypes for BI dashboard in PowerBI, Tableau and QlickSense, before the client - DOE Office of Science selected QlickSense.
- Redesigned data flow and databases for enterprise organization and activities.
- Database integrates with Oracle EBS solution and then data is extracted from variouse sources for Data Warehouse providing metrics for evaluation of activities.
- Data sources included SQL Server DBs, PeopleSoft HR, Oracle EBS, OBIEE.
- Implemented CIS Sql Benchmarks and created policies and procedures for development, publication and access for all levels of database access with in the contractor.
- Created auditing process that will adjust servers to be within compliance.
- Reviewed non standard implantation of servers and access, creating a change process to bring these with in the Confidential accepted standard for DOE based computers. (MS SQL 2014-2016, SSIS, SSRS, SSAS, PowerBI, Tableau, QlikSense, Oracle EBS, OBIEE)
Contract BI Architect
- Contracted to develop scheduled SSIS jobs for the BI process at ORNL.
- Upon completion of the ETL design, I was integral in creating the Data Warehouse for system wide metrics for the Confidential .
- During the duration of this contract, I was asked to provide techical guidance to the Confidential as they migrate from a collection of SSIS packages that provide periodic updates to their data warehouse, to a full scale ETL process that incorporates SSIS, SSRS and SSAS to provide better management information to senior management.
- Data was integrated from various sources - SAP, Oracle, MS Sql Server, and Excel. (SSAS, SSIS, SSRS, PeopleSoft HR, SAP, SQL Server 2008r2, Tableau)
DBA / BI Architect
- Re-developed 75 packages in SSIS to maintain city services.
- Much of the accounting and billing processes are still AS400 based, and their more modern reporting is all pointed at SQL Server 2008 r2.
- Packages needed to read data from the AS400 and position them on the SQL Server.
- For some processes, data needed to go from the SQL Server to the AS400, so packages needed to go both ways.