- Over 7 years of IT experience, which includes analysis, design, development, testing and implementation of applications, reports and databases
- Strong analytical and problem - solving skills coupled with excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills.
- Extensive experience in Systems Development Life Cycle (SDLC) from Design, Development and Implementation.
- Extensive experience in T-SQL Development which includes creating Complex Business Stored Procedures, Tables, Cursors, Views, Indexes, Triggers and User Defined Functions.
- Extensive experience developing and implementing Microsoft SQL Server integration services (SSIS), Microsoft SQL Server Analysis services (SSAS), Microsoft SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS) and MDX for data warehouse and data mart solutions.
- Experience in Jobs, Sending Alerts using SQL Mail.
- Experience in creating simple and parameterized SQL Reports using SQL Server Reporting Services
- Strong Experience in Creating, Configuring, Deploying and Testing SSIS Packages.
- Good knowledge of Data Marts, Data warehousing, Operational Data Store (ODS), OLAP, Data Modeling like Dimensional Data Modeling, Star Schema Modeling, Snow-Flake Modeling, FACT and Dimensions Tables using MS Analysis Services.
- Strong in transforming complex business logic into Database design and maintaining it by using SQL tools like Stored Procedures, Triggers, User Defined Functions, Views, DDL/DML, T-SQL Scripts and Batches.
- Experience in SSRS with Report authoring, Report management, Report Delivery and Report Security.
- Experience in defining query for generating drill down reports in SSRS 2005/2008.
- Experience in creating and developing Power BI Dashboards.
- Good knowledge in SQL Server Analysis services, OLAP, OLTP Design & Implementation.
- Experience in building dimensional cubes with SQL Server Analysis Services (SSAS) and querying the data with MDX script.
- Experience in T-SQL Script programming and batches
- Familiar with OLAP cubes and fact table, star and snowflake schemas.
- Excellent skills in designing Logical and Physical Modeling using ERWIN Tool.
- Experience in designing Data Flow Diagrams, Process Models, ER diagrams, Dimensional Data Models.
- Extensive Knowledge in MS SQL Server configuration manager, performance tuning, SQL Profiler, client/server connectivity, query optimization, back-up/recovery.
- Good knowledge on using Jenkins for Continuous Integration and Continuous Deployments (CI/CD).
- Good knowledge on multiple clouds which include AZURE/AWS.
- Building Complex distributed systems involving huge amount of data handling, collecting metrics building data pipeline, and Analytics.
- Recreating existing application logic and functionality in AWS using AWS Platform services -S3, EMR, spark jobs, Athena.
- Hands-on experience withAmazon EC2, Amazon S3, Amazon RDS, VPC, IAM, Amazon Elastic Load Balancing, Auto Scaling, Cloud Front, CloudWatch, SNS, SES, SQSand other services of the AWS family.
- Experience on RDD architecture, implementing spark operations and optimizing transformations.
- Involved in converting SQL queries into Spark transformations using Spark RDD and Pyspark concepts.
- Extremely diligent, strong team player with an ability to take new roles.
Databases: MS SQL Server 2012/2008/2005/2000 , Oracle 10g/9i/8i, DB2, Sybase, MS-Access.
SQL Server Tools: Business Intelligence Development Studio, Enterprise Manager, Query Analyzer, Export & Import (DTS), SQL Profiler
BI Tools: SSIS, SSRS, SSAS, Power BI, Data Bricks, ADF, Po
Operating System: Windows NT, Windows 2000, Windows 2003, Sp3, UNIX,Linux.
Cloud Technologies: AWS, Azure
Languages: SQL, T-SQL, Python
Sr. Data Engineer
- Migrating ETL jobs from Cron to airflow.
- Creating end-end high performant ETL pipelines
- Modernizing legacy ETL pipelines using Python and Spark.
- Created Models for full audit trail for user activity logging and retainment
- Moving data from Data warehouse to data lake on S3 for integrating more data sources and data enrichment
- Optimizing long running jobs and reports. Gained a 40% efficiency in speed of report generation in the process.
- Created pre aggregated datasets for external reporting and hence reduced the time taken from 16 hours to 30 mins.
- Worked on disaster recovery in MySql.
Confidential, Raleigh, NC
Sr. Data Engineer
- Creating Dimensional models for Data warehousing for internal and external reports generation for Claims
- Increased the speed of report generation by 40%
- Used Spark and python for analyzing huge data and its analysis.
- Written python jobs for creating data lake and transferred about 80% of organizations legacy data from and DBMS systems to AWS.
- Design and implement data warehouse solutions in AWS Redshift
- Implemented medium to large scale BI solutions on AWS using AWS Platform services (S3, EMR, spark jobs, Athena)
- Used spark on EMR for report creation/optimization
- Used Glue for movement of data from legacy data warehouses to data lakes.
- Developed PySpark and SparkSQL code to process the data in Apache Spark on Amazon EMR to perform the necessary transformations.
- Involved in designing and developing Data Warehouses, Data marts and Business Intelligence using multi-dimensional models such as Star Schemas and Snow Flake Schema for generating reports using Tableau.
- Developed CI/CD pipeline to automatic code builds, and deploy code to higher regions
- Hands-on experience on developing PowerShell Scripts for automation purpose.
- Involved in migration of large amount of data fromOLTPto OLAPby usingETLPackages.
- CreatedETLprocess usingSSISto transfer data from heterogeneous data sources into data warehouse systems with various steps,
- Worked with Scala, SQL, PL/SQL.
- Installed and configured multiple Map Reduce jobs in Scala for data cleaning and preprocessing.
- Experience in Monitoring, Job Scheduling, Troubleshooting, Back Up, recovery and system upgrading
- Created and maintained databases, tables, stored procedures, indexes, database check constraints, and business rules usingT-SQL.
- Ingesting data from legacy Datawarehouse and persisting in data lake.
- Creating aggregate tables/reports and used Athena to query those results.
Environment: AWS EC2, S3, Redshift, Glue, DynamoDB, Lambda, Pyspark, SQL Server, SQL Server Management Studio (SSMS), SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS), ETL, Power BI, MS Excel
Confidential, Raleigh, NC
Senior Data Engineer
- Designing databases and ensuring their stability and performance.
- Improve application performance and create complex functions, stored procedures, and triggers to support application development.
- Handles development and performance tuning with T-SQL in Microsoft SQL server.
- Works with stakeholders to gather requirements, review designs and perform QA defect tracking.
- Involved in T-SQL transaction locking and supports jobs refresh.
- Involved in data modeling and SSIS for data transformation.
- Development and configuration of report server and report manager, handle permissions to users of various levels with SSRS.
- Experience with report server maintenance and configuration.
- Manage all DB maintenance plan activities including backups, indexing, integrity and consistency checks, etc.
- Work on SSDT for code check-in to follow DevOps pipeline.
- Schedule and deploy reports and upload files to report catalog from report manager.
- Production support for databases, ETL jobs and SSRS reports.
- Hands on experience in Bigdata stack Hadoop, HDFS, HIVE, HBase, Sqoop, Kafka, MapReduce.
- Strong knowledge multiple cloud technologies including, EC2, S3, RedShift, VPC, EBS, ELB, EMR, DynamoDB, Lambda, Route 53.
- Building data pipelines using Kafka, HIVE, Python, Json and ETL.
- Building data pipeline ETLs for data movement to S3, then to Redshift.
- Optimize Redshift Data warehouse by implementing workload management, sort keys & distribution keys.
- Experience in spark streaming and SQL spark.
Environment: AWS EC2, S3, Redshift, DynamoDB, Lambda, Pyspark, Hadoop, HIVE, Hbase, Sqoop, Kafka, SQL Server, SQL Server Management Studio (SSMS), SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS), ETL, Power BI, VB.Net, MS Excel, XML, SQL Profiler, Python
Confidential, Raleigh NC
SQL and Application Support Specialist and Data Engineer
- Involved in creation/review offunctional requirementspecifications and supporting documents for business systems, experience in database design process and data modeling process.
- Involved in writingStored ProceduresandFunctions, Cursorsto handle database automation tasks
- Developed and optimized database structures,stored procedures, Dynamic Management views, DDL triggersanduser-defined functions.
- UsedSQL Profilerfor Performance monitor to resolveDead Locksand Long running queries by checking appropriate changes to Transaction Isolation levels
- PerformedDatabase Refreshtasks from production toDevelopmentandStaging Servers
- Designed and developed SSIS Packages to import and export data from MS Excel, SQL Server2014and Flat files.
- Developed complex programs in T-SQL\PL-SQL, writing Stored Procedures, Triggers and Queries with best execution plan.
- Experience working with Azure SQL Database Import and Export Service.
- Created POC to migrate existing Data solutions to Azure.
- Experience in using Atlassian tool set including JIRA, Confluence, Bamboo for deployments.
- Used various Transformations in SSIS Dataflow, Control Flow using for loop Containers and Fuzzy Lookups etc.
- Involved in ETL architecture enhancements to increase the performance using query optimizer
- Implemented Event Handlers and Error Handling in SSIS packages.
- Configured the loading of data into slowly changing dimensions using slowly Changing Dimension wizard.
- Also implemented checksum SCD method to load the data into date warehouse.
- Involved in Dimensional modeling by identifying the fact and dimension tables based on the user & reporting requirements.
Environment: SQL Server, SQL Server Management Studio (SSMS), SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS), SQL Server Reporting services (SSRS), Power BI, VB.Net, MS Excel, XML, SQL Profiler.
Confidential, New Brunswick, NJ
SQL and Report Developer
- Involved in Extract, Transfer, Load (ETL) efforts using Integration Services tools. Created, configured, modified and tuned SSIS packages.
- Designed and monitored construction of user-facing presentation tools, such as Microsoft SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS) reports.
- Generated various report types includes Sub-Reports, Cross-tab, Conditional, Drill down reports, Drill through reports and Parameterized reports using SSRS 2008.
- Created reports using Global Variables, Expressions and Functions using SSRS 2008.
- Developed reports using SSRS that could be used to send information to different Primary Vendors, Clients, and managers.
- Installed and configured SQL Server 2000/2005.
- Designed and developed the databases.
- Actively participated in logical design of database design to meet new product requirement using ERWIN.
- Writing stored procedures and triggers extensively and working very closely with developers, business analyst and end users to generate various audit reports and troubleshoot their query problems and connectivity problems.
- Facilitated simplified access of database for end users using demoralized views and created triggers on them to maintain to database integrity.
- Created Cursors to facilitate the users (credit officers) to scroll through the Queues to perform manual operations on the payment.
- Created ftp connections, database connections for the sources and targets.
- Used SQL Profiler to trace the slow running queries and optimized query execution with the use of Index Tuning Wizard and Rebuild indexes if necessary.
Environment: SQL server 2000/2005, Windows 2000, Oracle, DB2, Flat Files.